• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Logitech G-19 represent. Man I love that keyboard to bits. Shame the YouTube app for it is pretty terrible but the media player is nice to have when it decides to work. Plus, most importantly, there's a macro somewhere that makes all the keys do that nice colour cycling I demand from all my devices.

Cerity

Oh god, the latest episode of If You Are The One.

I've been through S3, S4 and most of S5. Out of all the candidates so far, this last guy takes the cake. Easily.

r1chard

I've been through S3, S4 and most of S5. Out of all the candidates so far, this last guy takes the cake. Easily.

My dad was raving to me about this show. I should see if SBS ondemand has it...

N0VAM0D

I start my graphic design course today! I'm so excited! It'll be the first time I've done some proper tertiary education since I graduated in 2012. Words can't describe how happy I am to finally start working toward a career.

Gazunta

Good luck Novamod! Remember to make everything plain and white and flat and develop an interest in artisinal crafted, single origin coffees!

Stackboy

My dad was raving to me about this show. I should see if SBS ondemand has it...

SBS on demand is the only place I've watched if you are the one. Watched the French special the other night, that was spectacular.

Most of the girls are all about job security and things like that, yeah?

Evolve is pretty good, I've been called a few nasty names learning the different classes online, but none of my friends have bought it on PC.

Fredescu

Does anyone want a Hori Fighting Stick 3 before I Gumtree it? Works with PS3 and PC. Reviewed here and here. I barely used it, but when I did it was on PC. Was thinking $30.

Also I think I'm going to sell all my Fire Emblems and Baten Kaitos. I have Path of Radiance for GC, the GBA one that is just called "Fire Emblem" with cardboard box, and the Wii one. BK, I have an Australian copy of Eternal Wings, and an NTSC copy of Origins.

Jintor

You still have the box for Fire Emblem GBA? Whatchu askin'?

Actually maybe I'll just ask how much for all the FE. God knows I'll never play them but I'll feel better just having them :T

Fredescu

You still have the box for Fire Emblem GBA?

Yeah:

2sEPwep.jpg

It's not perfect, top right is corner is the worst bit, but not too bad.

Actually maybe I'll just ask how much for all the FE. God knows I'll never play them but I'll feel better just having them :T

I bought Path of Radiance pre owned, so the cover is as you'd expect, and the manual is a bit bent. I bought Radiant Dawn new, so it's in better condition. PoR seems to go for $100+, RD for $80+, and it's hard to tell for the GBA one, not many get sold. All three are Aussie versions. If you would take all three, I'd sell for $150 since selling to someone I trust saves a lot of hassle.

Fredescu

How much just for FE GBA tho?

Honestly no idea. Ebay prices are all over the place. One sold for $110 with box, then another for $48 for just the cart, but then someone sold both GBA Fire Emblem carts for $21.50! How does $40 sound? I guess I need to charge my DS Lite to make sure the battery in the cart still works.

Gazunta

Does anyone want a Hori Fighting Stick 3 before I Gumtree it? Works with PS3 and PC. Reviewed here and here. I barely used it, but when I did it was on PC. Was thinking $30.

Also I think I'm going to sell all my Fire Emblems and Baten Kaitos. I have Path of Radiance for GC, the GBA one that is just called "Fire Emblem" with cardboard box, and the Wii one. BK, I have an Australian copy of Eternal Wings, and an NTSC copy of Origins.

How much for shipping that arcade stick Fred? I don't have any PS3 sticks and that needs to be rectified :/

Shaneus

I don't know what seasons I've watched, I only know I've watched almost all the ones aired on SBS in the last 6 months or so. Are you talking about the last dude who was on Sunday night? Yeah, he was nuts.

Any idea when that episode originally aired in China?

Edit: Checking the wiki, each episode is 90 minutes? I know it's edited for SBS2, but I had no idea it was edited by about half. Are there fansubs out there or do I need to wait for them to air here?

Cerity

Yep the transformer/toy maker guy.

The ones on SBS now are from 2012-2013 I think, I don't think there are fan subs about sadly :/

Jintor

Honestly no idea. Ebay prices are all over the place. One sold for $110 with box, then another for $48 for just the cart, but then someone sold both GBA Fire Emblem carts for $21.50! How does $40 sound? I guess I need to charge my DS Lite to make sure the battery in the cart still works.

Ah, nah. Cheers though. I mean I already played FE GBA like three times and even if I bought it it'd just sit in my room until I got home, so I should probably err on the side of not spending money on things I can't actually use right now.

Everyone should be about the Monkey King.

The French special I watched last night had reference to that.

This show is wonderfully insane.

Born from-an-egg on-a-moun tain top~

Bernbaum

I start my graphic design course today! I'm so excited! It'll be the first time I've done some proper tertiary education since I graduated in 2012. Words can't describe how happy I am to finally start working toward a career.

Helvetica and lens flares.

You're welcome.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Explain this.

Irn Bru. The original and best. Useful for instant energy, hangover cures, and for giving blood transfusions to Scottish people.

Odd, never seen that section in Coles but Woolworths has one with Irn Bru, Club Orange & Dr Pepper along with the UK/JPN treats. Might be a regional thing though.

The store also had these:

SdNWBEC.jpg

There were other dedicated areas for South African food, Dutch food, and "European" food. The prices are relatively decent all things considered.

Irn Bru. The original and best. Useful for instant energy, hangover cures, and for giving blood transfusions to Scottish people.

The store also had these:

http://i.imgur.com/SdNWBEC.jpg[/]

There were other dedicated areas for South African food, Dutch food, and "European" food. The prices are relatively decent all things considered.[/QUOTE]

How goes qld so far?

You have to have pie from here

[img]http://www.weekendnotes.com/im/005/02/yatala-pies-aussie-icon-1.jpg

I reccomend steak, bacon and cheese.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
How goes qld so far?

I found an apartment to stay in for the next few months in Southport. $260 per week for both my partner and I, including all bills. It's a quiet place and I don't need to deal with the hassle of hostels, so I don't mind paying. We'll be in Gold Coast for at least the next two months.

You have to have pie from here

yatala-pies-aussie-icon-1.jpg

I reccomend steak, bacon and cheese.

I'll keep that in mind.

Bernbaum

Yatala Pies have gone to shit. Nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Best pie goes to Kipling's Bakery in Port Wakefield, SA. Nice little roadside joint between Adelaide and the Yorke Peninsula.

Fusebox

Banned
Yeah:

It's not perfect, top right is corner is the worst bit, but not too bad.

I bought Path of Radiance pre owned, so the cover is as you'd expect, and the manual is a bit bent. I bought Radiant Dawn new, so it's in better condition. PoR seems to go for $100+, RD for $80+, and it's hard to tell for the GBA one, not many get sold. All three are Aussie versions. If you would take all three, I'd sell for $150 since selling to someone I trust saves a lot of hassle.

Hey I have FE and FE Sacred Stones for GBA. Never thought they might be worth something now.

Found these waiting for me at work today, the box for the game is a bit dented and stuff but that's cool, I'm playing it not collecting it.

IMG_4486.JPG

Yatala Pies have gone to shit. Nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Best pie goes to Kipling's Bakery in Port Wakefield, SA. Nice little roadside joint between Adelaide and the Yorke Peninsula.

old fernvale bakery pies > yatala pies anywho

They used to be godlike at the old shop, but I'm yet to have a pie that is better anywhere else. Though I'm not going to SA for a pie.

I found an apartment to stay in for the next few months in Southport. $260 per week for both my partner and I, including all bills. It's a quiet place and I don't need to deal with the hassle of hostels, so I don't mind paying. We'll be in Gold Coast for at least the next two months.

I'll keep that in mind.

Ah nice. Southport is pretty good, nice and quiet for the most part. My last suggestion, check out Petes seafood on SeaWorld drive if you want some good fish and chips.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Imma come visit your weirdo country tomorrow night, AusGAF! Wish me luck!

I will buy all the Tim Tams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom