• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Imma come visit your weirdo country tomorrow night, AusGAF! Wish me luck!

I will buy all the Tim Tams
Technically tomorrow morning for us.

And you assume I'll let you go to a shop to get Tim tams :p the closest one is a 20 minute drive.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

watch out for drop bears and other serious things!

don't let her make you think you're safe.

death is around every corner.

whats that, take a left turn DEATH.

quabba

watch out for drop bears and other serious things!

don't let her make you think you're safe.

death is around every corner.

whats that, take a left turn DEATH.

Do not worry about spider or snakes. You will be eaten by a croc before the venom kills you.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

As soon as I got off the plane I took a bath in Vegemite and made a blood sacrifice to Paul Hogan.

I'm still alive after one week so I guess it worked.

Fredescu

I had an Apple TV sitting on the shelf for three years in shrink wrap and just sold it for it a profit in half a day. How does that make sense?

This is me wisely investing my gains:

qOCIbwt.jpg

Also, what the hell is this? It's a Wii game, the pre owned sticker seems to want to hide that fact.

I probably would have bought it at $4 tbh.

Shaneus

I had an Apple TV sitting on the shelf for three years in shrink wrap and just sold it for it a profit in half a day. How does that make sense?
The older Apple TVs are the only ones that can be jailbroken (and have XBMC installed on them). From what I can tell, there's some decent demand for them. I guess yours is one of those?

Has anybody watched the new Good Game daily show yet? I'm still on the fence on it as it was just an intro video so probably not representative of what it'll be like.

Fusebox

Banned
Has anybody watched the new Good Game daily show yet? I'm still on the fence on it as it was just an intro video so probably not representative of what it'll be like.

Hey this is news to me. Has the weekly GG gone daily or it is an additional set of episodes? Hex and Bajo daily?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Despite the fact that AJ is a major douche who isn't to be trusted, it's because not enough of you Radelaidians go to the festival.
Which sucks coz I know so so many people that go. I've only missed one since they started in 08. Not really fair on those of us who actually support the festival :( oh well. More money for Europeans festivals.

Stackboy

Hey this is news to me. Has the weekly GG gone daily or it is an additional set of episodes? Hex and Bajo daily?

It's a new daily show. Normal Good Game shows will still air weekly. The daily show has a new presenter on it.

Looking forward to tonight's show, I usually just watch it on YouTube when its available.

Stackboy

The Good Game YouTube channel is so much better, because you can watch the episodes at a much higher res than you can on iview.

Fusebox

Banned
Just caught the first two episodes of Pocket. Yeaaah, I didn't ask for this. Can't see myself tuning in religiously like I do with the weekly show but I might check it out occasionally.

industrian

After a week in Gold Coast I've come to the conclusion that the three most lucrative industries in Australia are mining, agriculture, and returning shopping trolleys to supermarkets.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
you ijits should havebout monster hunter 4 instead of majoras mask.

clocked about 14 hours so far.

cam i will play with you. im just enjoying playing alone after work lol. WEEKEND HUNT THOUGH

WHOS IN AUSGAF?

me marsh, donk???

industrian

Monster Hunter was the most unenjoyable grindy game I've ever played. Can't imagine going through that again >_<

I played like 30 hours co-op on the PSP in 2008.

I bought it for my Vita (PSP download) two years ago and I got bored after an hour. Just not fun at all.

Cerity

you ijits should havebout monster hunter 4 instead of majoras mask.

clocked about 14 hours so far.

cam i will play with you. im just enjoying playing alone after work lol. WEEKEND HUNT THOUGH

WHOS IN AUSGAF?

me marsh, donk???

I'd be in, haven't started guild quests yet though, working through village.

Monster Hunter was the most unenjoyable grindy game I've ever played. Can't imagine going through that again >_<

The grind only gets real when you're looking for those 1-5% drop rates.

I played like 30 hours co-op on the PSP in 2008.

I bought it for my Vita (PSP download) two years ago and I got bored after an hour. Just not fun at all.

Yeah the co-op was undeniably captivating. Similar to Borderlands in that regard. Once I was trying to play those games solo though it felt really unfulfilling and I got bored super fast.

Deeku

I played like 60 hrs of MH4 when it first released in Japan. I stopped cos it got kinda hard, but the whole crafting weapons/armour that look like monsters you skinned was pretty cool. Don't think I can start over again on the english release tho

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't like Monster Hunter.

Gazunta

I always felt bad for the monsters. They were just chilling out minding their own business, and I'm meant to just kill them for fun yeah no fuck that.

Cerity

I played like 60 hrs of MH4 when it first released in Japan. I stopped cos it got kinda hard, but the whole crafting weapons/armour that look like monsters you skinned was pretty cool. Don't think I can start over again on the english release tho

You'd probably get to where you were in about 10-15 hours tbh.

I always felt bad for the monsters. They were just chilling out minding their own business, and I'm meant to just kill them for fun yeah no fuck that.

The quests do have flavour text, usually the monsters are badgering the villagers or travellers or whatever. But then you get the arena/entertainment quests where you essentially become an entertainment fighter. As well as the free hunt/expeditions in the newer games where you hunt monsters because reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom