• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
4dKKALM.png

https://www.spotify-yearinmusic.com/my-year/#section-share-your-year

AUSGAF SHARE!

Quasar

The Target GTA thing. Interesting gamergate fallout, though I'm surprised this hasn't happened to GTA before.

Stackboy

The Target GTA thing. Interesting gamergate fallout, though I'm surprised this hasn't happened to GTA before.

I find his mind boggling. You can get GTAV from any other retailer in Australia, or through digital distribution. Plus it has an appropriate classification on it.

I just don't understand the train of thought. Education starts with good parenting, not taking a game off the shelf.

I just don't understand the train of thought. Education starts with good parenting, not taking a game off the shelf.
It's a knee-jerk reaction to a knee-jerk reaction, plain and simple. Imagine the negative publicity among their customer based if they left it there. Easier to pull it, I'd probably do the same in their situation.

lexi

Banned
I don't like GTA and it's oh-so-clever-satire-but-not-really-I-just-wanna-kill-hookers but I don't advocate banning it outright.

I think the more amazing thing is people buy games from Target?

went to Target yesterday to buy some cheap Amiibos, left empty handed since they were sold out

Shaneus

So Target created the problem for themselves...

GTA.jpg
I initially only saw that as "Oh, they're advertising it as being on sale". But just realised they're advertising it alongside Barbie and Peppa Pig. Welp, it's really hard to feel sorry for them now with product placement like that.

hidys

Posted this in the Spotify thread but since people are posting it here as well I thought I'd post it here as well.

I'm only a recent convert to Spotify so this list probably doesn't represent what I've been listening to all year.

EDIT: ...Although it is very odd that my minutes on Spotify are similar to what others have.

3ySFhhAl.png

LOL chiptunes. I guess I shouldn't just leave it running all day even when I go to meetings. Only started using Spotify a few months ago, I still vastly prefer Pandora for random music of a particular type and that's how I usually listen (e.g. choose an artist or track, make a random station from that).

Spotify keeps fucking pushing Black Eyed Peas on me, how many times do I have to say no before it gets the hint?!

jambo

He divorced his cancer ridden wife by fax.

Thats all I hear when I hear his voice.

I never knew that Jill Tavelman had cancer...

Also I'm pretty sure that was just tabloid bullshit. There were some faxes, but it wasn't the first way it was communicated.

Shaneus

I'll post mine when I get home tonight (and have a non-blocky internet connection). Prepare to be blown away. Or not, see if I care.

Edit: So, anyone finished with their PS4 copy of GTA5 yet? I'm a tightarse and can't be bothered buying it new. Also, I can't find any stores that sell it anywhere.

Shaneus

Try K Mart or Target. I see Target has it for $64.
Hm, I hadn't thought of checking out those two places!

On a more serious note, anyone know what the GTA3/VC games are like on PS3? Are they PS2 ports or do they use assets from the newer versions (like PC, Xbox or even the 360 versions)?

The Shift

Banned
So Target created the problem for themselves...

GTA.jpg

I don't think this is legal as far as the ACCC is concerned. My wife is a product planner for one of Australia's biggest retailers and they have been fined multiple times for advertising stock items in catalogues that they can't guarantee supply of. I will ask her when she gets in from work.

remz

I don't think this is legal as far as the ACCC is concerned. My wife is a product planner for one of Australia's biggest retailers and they have been fined multiple times for advertising stock items in catalogues that they can't guarantee supply of. I will ask her when she gets in from work.

yehhhh that'll teach em for banning a videogame. BAM

markot

Banned

Its different. The idea behind this sort of fine is to stop false adversting to increase traffic. Say you have a tv for 100 bucks but its usually 1000, and you know you only have 1, you are using it to increase traffic for your store, and essentially lying to your customers.

Removing something for sale is completely different, especially if the decision is made after the advert was finalized. There is no law that would apply to this, as a company has a right to remove something from sale for any number of reasons.

The Shift

Banned
Its different. The idea behind this sort of fine is to stop false adversting to increase traffic. Say you have a tv for 100 bucks but its usually 1000, and you know you only have 1, you are using it to increase traffic for your store, and essentially lying to your customers.

Removing something for sale is completely different, especially if the decision is made after the advert was finalized. There is no law that would apply to this, as a company has a right to remove something from sale for any number of reasons.

Yeah I thought that might be the reasoning applied here, and that's exactly what Super Shit Furniture got done for.

stealing Jambo's stuff thanks bro
9ee9841f0d.jpg

or 74995 minutes to express it like Spotify
14e9d1c0cd.png

b72a9227e4.png

They look like slap-bands.
NIQlW6xm.jpg

which were the shit!

what a stupid movie lucy was.
i like that sjh seems to enjoy making terrible sci fi movies though

yeah I turned it off after 15-20 minutes. tripe

LjqNj1W.jpg

GOD DAMN IT BILL

ooh is the remaster noticeably different? I love Pet Sounds.

best taste so far ^_^

Ugghhh, I took my iphone into some phone case store in the city that does screen repairs within an hour, and they've somehow managed to make my phone completely useless. They still charged me $70 to fix it and say they can replace the motherboard for $50 and I'm not sure whether to get pissed off and tell them they should fix it for free/ give me back my money for breaking my phone, or just get it replaced at optus..

I don't like GTA and it's oh-so-clever-satire-but-not-really-I-just-wanna-kill-hookers but I don't advocate banning it outright.
I agree. Banning it isn't a great way to generate positive discussions about the problems the games has, and is just going to make a lot of people mad at "feminists" again :/

You guys really need to listen to more music!
I would but I can't figure out how to use spotify.

Quasar

I agree. Banning it isn't a great way to generate positive discussions about the problems the games has, and is just going to make a lot of people mad at "feminists" again :/

I might question the 'alot', but then I don't really know how many local gamers of that sort shop at Target/KMart exclusively. Then again I guess for certain kinds of gamers thats enough to rile them against people 'ruining their hobby'.

In a way I'm actually kind of surprised the family friendly chains actually stock the R rated games more generally. Not that I think its any more right than not stocking R rated DVDs/BluRays and I don't think any retailer has ever gone down that road.

Holy crap, how did I miss this?!? Luc Besson directing SJ hitting and shooting things.

Typical Luc besson movie, so awesome.

Ugghhh, I took my iphone into some phone case store in the city that does screen repairs within an hour, and they've somehow managed to make my phone completely useless. They still charged me $70 to fix it and say they can replace the motherboard for $50 and I'm not sure whether to get pissed off and tell them they should fix it for free/ give me back my money for breaking my phone, or just get it replaced at optus..

E and E?

What is a good medium sized gift for christmas? like say 500 max, for a male adult.

Sky diving!

Dimefan3

Wow, what an eventful arvo/evening - I work in radio (production, not on air), and this afternoon I got a call from a Capital City Radio station, and had to do a demo TONIGHT.

Eeek. Managed to get through it though. Wish me luck, AusGaffers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom