• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahk

924MRYu.png

lEhEjal.png

Shaneus

They'll release a skin soon enough to let your PS4 look like one of the limited ones. Shit, mine looks like a NES:
wvCCf7gm.jpg

Darren870

So where is the best place to buy appliances and other home necessities.

We have...ugh..nothing so we are going to be shelling out some cash soon to furnish a 3 bedroom house :(

senahorse

We have...ugh..nothing so we are going to be shelling out some cash soon to furnish a 3 bedroom house :(

A combination, obviously pays (pun intended) to shop around. Check out the likes of The Good Guys, JB Hi-Fi Home, Harvey Norman, Ikea, Costco, also have a look at Myer/David Jones.

Maybe not necessarily the best prices, but appliancesonline.com.au usually have decent prices, but they also deliver, install stuff, and take the packaging away. If you have an old thing you want to replace, they can also take that (doesn't matter if it's working or not).

jambo

Good Guys, Hardly Normal, JB Home.

Good Guys are great for amazing sales and deals, plus haggling.

r1chard

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/ - I had to start from scratch about 18 months ago and bought fridge, washing machine, kettle, microwave, blender, mixer, toaster, ...

I also got a http://www.choice.com.au/ membership to avoid the lemons - the savings from the other website more than made up for that cost :)

Gazunta

Can't say I'm enough of an audiophile to really notice sound quality differences between regular Pet Sounds and the Remastered edition. I mean obviously it's a lot cleaner than the vinyl of it I own, but what do i know, I use default iPhone headphones most of the time so I'm obviously a music heathen!

BUT HEY SPEAKING OF WHITEGOODS, I am finally buying a TV for the games room this weekend! Nothing super fancy, it will primarily be used for Super Nintendo, Commodore 64 and Xbox 360. I have a $600 budget for the TV. I don't care about fancy features, I just want as many connection ports as possible. What would AusGAF recommend?

Can't say I'm enough of an audiophile to really notice sound quality differences between regular Pet Sounds and the Remastered edition. I mean obviously it's a lot cleaner than the vinyl of it I own, but what do i know, I use default iPhone headphones most of the time so I'm obviously a music heathen!

BUT HEY SPEAKING OF WHITEGOODS, I am finally buying a TV for the games room this weekend! Nothing super fancy, it will primarily be used for Super Nintendo, Commodore 64 and Xbox 360. I have a $600 budget for the TV. I don't care about fancy features, I just want as many connection ports as possible. What would AusGAF recommend?

How big? Dick Smith have had a 40 inch full HD set for $270ish lately when they have a sale.

Gazunta

Oh yeah I should have mentioned I am aiming for at least 40 inch. Seeing as I'll be sitting at MOST three metres away from it size isn't so much an issue.

jambo

Oh yeah I should have mentioned I am aiming for at least 40 inch. Seeing as I'll be sitting at MOST three metres away from it size isn't so much an issue.

aMRAZVU.png

http://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-42-agora-4k-smart-led-tv-ultrahd/

Ingram

Don't EB Games notify when a preorder is available any more? I have Persona Q preordered and it came out yesterday. No email, no text, no phone call. Hopefully they actually have it when I go collect later.

Don't EB Games notify when a preorder is available any more? I have Persona Q preordered and it came out yesterday. No email, no text, no phone call. Hopefully they actually have it when I go collect later.

Pretty sure they text from your local store. Double check the phone number you have on the system when you go in.

TV's are Brown Goods. Knowing your gaming tastes don't extend to lots of HDMI inputs, you'll probably be better off getting a decent composite switcher as well.
And a soundbar, since the tiny rear-facing speakers in modern sets are atrocious.

How about this one? https://www.jbhifi.com.au/tv-home-e...-ua40h5000awxxy-40-full-hd-led-lcd-tv/544345/

Gazunta

Hyper Magazine is now going from Monthly to Quarterly. Thoughts, AusGAF?

Clive, that TV looks pretty much perfect! Thanks!

Probably inevitable in this digital age, sadly.

I have every issue of Hyper from 1993 - 2004 but have only purchased them sporadically since then. Digging back the early/mid 90's issues is always fun for me. I've also got some Megazones from around that time... ah the nostalgia.

Shaneus

Hyper's still around? I haven't read it since the days of Stuart Clarke, Andrew Humphries and Ben Mansill. And Eliot Fish.

Jintor

Was sad to hear it. Spent two or three years on that mag, years after I first picked up a copy in an Easter showbag...

Stackboy

Hyper is a magazine I only really buy on a whim. Don't think I've picked up a copy in about 2 years.

Back in the day it was the magazine I had to get every month. I needed my Sega Megadrive SCOOPS.

Axiom

I layout a Doctor Who magazine quarterly and given how down to the wire deadlines get, I can't imagine the hell that must be monthly production.

Granted it probably helps when you get paid for it.

I'd glad Hyper is sticking around, something that's increasingly rare, and hopefully it at least allows the folks who still get their articles in to be more in depth and to try different things.

does target sell the bible?

Don't know but your member name and reply is just too coincidental mate. Pisser.

It would be just as easy to make a petition like the bible one from their book or movie product ranges. I just like how it highlights Target's farcical removal actions based around other content they continue to sell.

Jintor

I layout a Doctor Who magazine quarterly and given how down to the wire deadlines get, I can't imagine the hell that must be monthly production.

Granted it probably helps when you get paid for it.

I'd glad Hyper is sticking around, something that's increasingly rare, and hopefully it at least allows the folks who still get their articles in to be more in depth and to try different things.

My mag experience was mostly laze around for two weeks, start working one week, and basically camp at the office for the last week before you go to print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom