• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I basically spent the last two days stuck to an armchair trying to beat Assassin's Creed Unity.

In its current form on PS4, 8/10. It runs smooth enough now, one or two issues with design and the context sensitive controls getting in the way a few times towards the end.
Some outstanding ambition in it let down by technical stuff just not working the way it was expected.

tl;dr nowhere near as bad as people on GAF would have you believe. In fact, quite good (I enjoyed it way more than SoM).

Probably check out a bit more FH2 and Ryse before trading them. Hopefully MCC is fixed by the time I get it. It only hurts when I laugh.

N0VAM0D

I basically spent the last two days stuck to an armchair trying to beat Assassin's Creed Unity.

In its current form on PS4, 8/10. It runs smooth enough now, one or two issues with design and the context sensitive controls getting in the way a few times towards the end.
Some outstanding ambition in it let down by technical stuff just not working the way it was expected.

tl;dr nowhere near as bad as people on GAF would have you believe. In fact, quite good (I enjoyed it way more than SoM).

agreed.

On an unrelated note, I went to a fantastic Greek restaurant tonight, and am currently in a food coma. The meal was like pre's for Christmas lunch at my Yiayia's, ahhh! Whoever is in Sydney should definitely go to The Apollo sometime.

Now I'm home playing KH 2.5. Never remembered the beginning being as long as this, it really drags on.

Deeku

Ahh crap Danganronpa 2 is on psn xmas deal for 20 bucks but I forgot to buy 1 when it was still on sale the other week....;__;

Also, I know people have asked this before, but does Sony still do discount ps+ subs (or throw in extra months) every now and then, cos my current sub is up:(

Couple of days late to this, but still

hNFzoDF.jpg

Pandemic

Two questions I can't seem to resolve,
1. Where the hell is the free to a good home thread?

2. Does anyone recall the PS4 game that Sony announced this year (at E3 I think) with it being an indie game. It's a side-scroller where you control an army?

hamchan

Quite hilarious that EB's Mad Monday prices for games are barely better than JB and not better than pre-ordering games from Dick Smith.

Console deals seem pretty good though.

agreed.

On an unrelated note, I went to a fantastic Greek restaurant tonight, and am currently in a food coma. The meal was like pre's for Christmas lunch at my Yiayia's, ahhh! Whoever is in Sydney should definitely go to The Apollo sometime.

Now I'm home playing KH 2.5. Never remembered the beginning being as long as this, it really drags on.

Yasou!

The Shift

Banned
Was just at EB enquiring about trade value for a 3G PSP Vita - 60 bucks. Attended looked insulted when I didn't respond enthusiastically. It's in perfect condition too, probably 20 hours use tops.

Two questions I can't seem to resolve,
1. Where the hell is the free to a good home thread?

2. Does anyone recall the PS4 game that Sony announced this year (at E3 I think) with it being an indie game. It's a side-scroller where you control an army?

All I can think of when you say indie game with army is banner saga but that's probably not what you're after ><

What is a good medium sized gift for christmas? like say 500 max, for a male adult.

500 for a medium sized present. Suddenly I feel incredibly poor.
get them a WiiU

Hey I might be getting a PS4 / PSVita soon, I was just wondering someone had a list of aussie games that were on the PS+ "Instant game collection" or "evergreen collection" or something like that. Things like say, Gravity Rush were already downloadable if you just joined PS+. Not the usual monthly stuff. Where is that list and is it current?

Actually I'll be going PC since I bought a Mad Catz Tournament Edition 360 stick last gen. I payed as much for that thing as I did for my Wii U!

That's fair enough, decent sticks are expensive.

Was just at EB enquiring about trade value for a 3G PSP Vita - 60 bucks. Attended looked insulted when I didn't respond enthusiastically. It's in perfect condition too, probably 20 hours use tops.

I'll give you $61.

N0VAM0D

Yia!

That's almost depressing. EB are absolutely horrible when it comes to trading in (and everything in general). Instead, you should try your luck selling it on Gumtree, that's what I usually do!

The Shift

Banned
Yia!

That's almost depressing. EB are absolutely horrible when it comes to trading in (and everything in general). Instead, you should try your luck selling it on Gumtree, that's what I usually do!

I want to trade it for that Bone with 7 games deal. I have about 20 360 games, Ryse and Watchdogs for Bone and Killzone Mercenary with 8GB memory card. EB would probably offer me 80 bucks for all of the above. What gets me is the staff get all cranky and defensive when a customer disagrees with the trade offers. Will probably keep the Vita - in its box where it generally has lived most of it's life..

Pandemic

All I can think of when you say indie game with army is banner saga but that's probably not what you're after ><
Nah, don't think it's that...

They removed it from the Sony Playstation website of upcoming PS4 games.. And I can't find any YouTube videos on it..

It was a 2D sort of game, two armies fighting, a little gory, fall release I think, indie developers...

I want to trade it for that Bone with 7 games deal. I have about 20 360 games, Ryse and Watchdogs for Bone and Killzone Mercenary with 8GB memory card. EB would probably offer me 80 bucks for all of the above. What gets me is the staff get all cranky and defensive when a customer disagrees with the trade offers. Will probably keep the Vita - in its box where it generally has lived most of it's life..
I traded in GT5 there just to get rid of it and got, I think, less than $10. I went back to get something on the same day and saw the girl putting a $50 sticket on it. lol That was the last time I ever entered an EB.

SmZA

Hey AusGAF 3DSers, is VVVVVV available in our store? I can't find it on the website.

I'm considering getting the XL but not sure whether to import. With the DS I ended up importing the majority of my titles since local availability was so shit but they have region locking now.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hey AusGAF 3DSers, is VVVVVV available in our store? I can't find it on the website.

I'm considering getting the XL but not sure whether to import. With the DS I ended up importing the majority of my titles since local availability was so shit but they have region locking now.

Yeh it's on the eshop, $12

SmZA

Thanks!

I guess the more general question is, is it safe to go with a local 3DS XL over import? On DS I tended to go for Altus games and the like which were rarely available in Aus stores.

grimmiq

So I've been on Bigpond Cable Ultimate for a while, originally it was 100mbps..Noticed for a while now it seemed a bit slower (Steam used to hit 9MB/sec, now only hits 3-3.5Mb/Sec)..checked a few forums and noticed something about a $20 per month 100mbps speed boost..Did Telstra lower Cable Ultimate to 30mbps then offer a speed boost to take it back to the original speed?

HolyCheck

Thanks!

I guess the more general question is, is it safe to go with a local 3DS XL over import? On DS I tended to go for Altus games and the like which were rarely available in Aus stores.

I had an American one for 2 years, and got annoyed with it. Not being able to link it to my wii u, not getting smmash bros sound track and a few other little things.. so I bought an aussie 2ds. Just got a new 3ds this week and transferred to it.

Other than smt 4 I think we've been getting other atlus games? Persona q and conception 2 are the other ones I know of, let me know if there's any others and I can have a look.

And etrian games are atlus I believe? They're there!

Deeku

Thanks!

I've been rolling with US and It's pretty safe I reckon. Plus since you're an Atlus fan, you know for sure you would get games that are localised. Same would apply for Xseed stuff too. The only bad things I can think of are a) what holy said b) no nintendo club points/rewards c) sometimes first party nintendo games come out in EU first...i think, I don't remember which one specifically for 3ds

edit: oh wait, I messed up my answer/read your question wrong.

Ummm, it's probably safe to go local. Import if you want to be double sure, including some niche stuff.

Oh and the other thing is we are now living in a lower AUD environment, so you should take that into account too.

Fredescu

Did Telstra lower Cable Ultimate to 30mbps then offer a speed boost to take it back to the original speed?

No. The "speed boost" is for people currently on 30mbps. They're renamed "ultimate" to something weird, but if you previously had ultimate you still have 100mbps. Slower Steam downloads are probably because Telstra used to host Steam content servers but don't anymore. Run a speed test (http://www.speedtest.net/) from something plugged directly into your cable modem via an ethernet cable. If it really is capping at 30, call them and tell them to put you back on 100.

Get yo free games
B4McNISCMAEw9nK.jpg:large

No PS+ needed.
NFS Most Wanted (Vita) (I paid $10 for this during the last sale >_<)
Mirrors Edge (PS3)
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (PS4)

Hey I might be getting a PS4 / PSVita soon, I was just wondering someone had a list of aussie games that were on the PS+ "Instant game collection" or "evergreen collection" or something like that. Things like say, Gravity Rush were already downloadable if you just joined PS+. Not the usual monthly stuff. Where is that list and is it current?

Easiest just to use the wiki page for it. I stopped posting in here when they change over sorry.

SmZA

Ummm, it's probably safe to go local. Import if you want to be double sure, including some niche stuff.

Oh and the other thing is we are now living in a lower AUD environment, so you should take that into account too.

Yeah, after a bit more research I reckon I'll go local. Getting a Wii U at some point so I'll want to link them. Thanks dudes.

So I've been on Bigpond Cable Ultimate for a while, originally it was 100mbps..Noticed for a while now it seemed a bit slower (Steam used to hit 9MB/sec, now only hits 3-3.5Mb/Sec)..checked a few forums and noticed something about a $20 per month 100mbps speed boost..Did Telstra lower Cable Ultimate to 30mbps then offer a speed boost to take it back to the original speed?
You probably just have more people signing up to Bigpond Cable in your area. Or the kids down the street have started growing up and started using the internet more. Cable is essentially shared.

3-3.5MB/s is about the 30Mbps you're suspecting to be shaped at so like Fredescu says call Bigpond and ask. Otherwise, run some tests at different times of the day and continue that for a couple of weeks to get a baseline and see if there are any trends for when it is slow.

Dead Man

So for those that have played FC4, is the AI still the kind that can spot you from half a map away at times? I want to try it, but replaying FC3 at the moment and some of the shit the AI pulls is ridiculous.

HolyCheck

You don't. Site is down until midnight.

Horse shit.

Eb sold a friend an old 3ds xl, in what seemms like a complete rip off. I wanted to check their prices.

Smash bruhs, Mario kart 7, lego movie game and sonic and Mario at the winter olympci games + a 3ds xl (not new 3ds xl) for $350.

Seems a jip.

Fusebox

Banned
Horse shit.

Eb sold a friend an old 3ds xl, in what seemms like a complete rip off. I wanted to check their prices.

Smash bruhs, Mario kart 7, lego movie game and sonic and Mario at the winter olympci games + a 3ds xl (not new 3ds xl) for $350.

Seems a jip.

Fuck yeah that's expensive.

I bought all these for $200 about a week ago:

15777296787_e81b6ffe7d_c.jpg

Second-hand and all, but still, EB are takin the piss.

Did anyone else waste 2hrs at the Sony webstore earlier trying to snag an LE PS4? Talk about a clusterfuck.

So for those that have played FC4, is the AI still the kind that can spot you from half a map away at times? I want to try it, but replaying FC3 at the moment and some of the shit the AI pulls is ridiculous.

Nah AI is pretty stupid thankfully. If you're out in the open they can spot you from a decent distance but I've never felt like they pulled any bullshit. Usually tons of foliage around to hide through as well, usually spend most of the time stalking the AI!

Seems a jip.
Fuck that's a bad deal! Would be around that with a NEW 3DS XL o_O

I bought all these for $200 about a week ago:

15777296787_e81b6ffe7d_c.jpg

Second-hand and all, but still, EB are takin the piss.
Damn good pickup, pretty much covers the 1st party stuff if you're into that.

I really should grab Fire Emblem soon, the rest don't interest me.

Dryk

I'm still seeing people bringing up the IGN ORAS review. I really want to yell at them to grow up <.<

Dead Man

Nah AI is pretty stupid thankfully. If you're out in the open they can spot you from a decent distance but I've never felt like they pulled any bullshit. Usually tons of foliage around to hide through as well, usually spend most of the time stalking the AI!

Good to hear. The inconsistency of the AI in 3 is mental. I can walk right behind them, but fire one silenced round into one of the outposts and they spot you through buildings, behind rocks, and across the map lol.

Dryk

Good to hear. The inconsistency of the AI in 3 is mental. I can walk right behind them, but fire one silenced round into one of the outposts and they spot you through buildings, behind rocks, and across the map lol.
Sounds like the Far Cry 1 AI. I had to download a patch to remove their X-ray vision because I got to a section where both of you can shoot through the buildings and it was impossible for me to finish.

How importable is a PS TV? My Bro wants one for Xmas and I'm weighing up importing one. By importable, I mean, can I plug in a local plug or does in need a step down converter?

anyone here got one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom