• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryk

384096-1f596870-bc89-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

This is a much better plan than the previous one, hopefully the Parklands people approve it

Shaneus

Damn this is true, one of our places has just hit the 'all the plumbing is starting to break at the same time' stage of its life. Must be time to dump and run.
Places? So you're one of those people driving prices up?

:D <--Makes it all okay

jambo

384096-1f596870-bc89-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

This is a much better plan than the previous one, hopefully the Parklands people approve it

For a second I thought they just meant a road, but a tunnel that far in would be awesome!

Just watched the video, looks pretty good and makes sense.

Dryk

For a second I thought they just meant a road, but a tunnel that far in would be awesome!

Just watched the video, looks pretty good and makes sense.
It actually took me a few watches to realise that there's a normal lane on each side next to the bus lane, and that the traffic island is there to give them space to add trams later if they need to.

I think this is about as good a configuration as we could hope for, and even this requires most of East Terrace, Rundle Road and Hackney Road to be rebuilt. I also kind of wish they'd left the car lanes out so that Rundle Park and Rymill Park could be connected but that would probably cause traffic problems.

Fusebox

Banned
Places? So you're one of those people driving prices up?

:D <--Makes it all okay

Possibly, I don't know. We rent one of them out so I think that makes it even. Although it's very likely I'm wrong, I don't pay attention to that stuff. My missus already had a place when we hooked up which I've since picked up half the tab on, and then we got another one together.

ugggghhhh house maintenance is one thing i surely am not looking forward to.

Speaking of housing loans, HECS loans don't count against trying to take one out do they?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I have bought and sold multiple houses and my advice is thus: fuck plumbing.

My friend bought an apartment in Edinburgh. If he fills up his kitchen sink and then empties it, some of it will come up from his shower's drain in the bathroom. But because it's Edinburgh, half of the apartment could fall into the sea and its value would still rise.

legend166

Yeah, plumbing sucks. A few weeks ago our toilet got blocked up due to tree roots starting to grow through the pipes.

That's one advantage of renting though, the landlord had to deal with it.

After I went out and bought a plunger and tried to unblock the stupid thing, not knowing about the tree roots at the time.

Shaneus

Yeah getting depressed is easier when you're married.

ANYHOI I MADE A COMIC ABOUT KLAX, MY FINGER IS ON THE PULSE KIDS
What's even funnier (or stranger) is how this very topic about Klax was mentioned on either the most recent or the second most recent Idle Thumbs episode.

I think once I pay my HECS debt off in 10 years I'll be able to look at buying a house :(
While I like the HECS system in that it allows far more people to get an education than under a 100% subsidised system, on a purely selfish note, having my take home pay garnished for the better part of a decade sucked the big one.

Also, early payment discounts are the very devil. All it achieves is allowing the already wealthy to get an education cheaper than anyone else.

While I like the HECS system in that it allows far more people to get an education than under a 100% subsidised system, on a purely selfish note, having my take home pay garnished for the better part of a decade sucked the big one.

Also, early payment discounts are the very devil. All it achieves is allowing the already wealthy to get an education cheaper than anyone else.

Yeah right now I'd prefer to not have involuntary payments taking all my pay rise and instead pool that so I can get 5% off each time I pay $500 >_<

Sucks but that's my fault for going to University I guess.

Plus it makes me feel like my promotion isn't actually a promotion since I take home the same amount of money so I'm half arsing my job again lol :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
bogan neighbour update!!!!

so she just knocked on my door again

had to put on a shirt gah.

"hey mate"
"hey"
then she goes into how she got raped and robbed last night
and im just like oh noes. you ok.
yeh mate. then asks if i have 30bucks i could lend her for her meds
me :... i havent been paid since you asked me last time. so no.
her: couple of coins?
me: sorry, anything ive got at the moment i need to put on my myki to get to work...
me: sorry to hear about the stuff though.. was it in mitcham?
her: nah was in the city, they caught him though then
me: oh good, you doing ok though?
her: yeh ive been raped before, so im fine.
me: oh..ok
her: yeh you just gotta laugh at it or it'll really mess with you.
me:... yes, ok bye

"hey mate"
"hey"
me: sorry, anything ive got at the moment i need to put on my myki to get to work...

Start parking your car somewhere else so they don't know you're home lol

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Start parking your car somewhere else so they don't know you're home lol

dont have a car. :(

its when ever i leave the fucking front door open, i need to just shut it, (Screen door is shut) but its way to hot to not keep the wooden door open :( and like she could press her head against hte door and just see me sitting here ignoring her.

i just need to not leave the wooden door open. but fucking hell. i dont want to change how i live because of that :(

It's not like the only people who get the discount are wealthy. People who had some sort of savings fun where they built up for their children's education. People who are working to put themselves through Uni. Etc. The poorest can't afford it, but in the long run its chump change if it gets them a good job and they don't have to pay it if they can't. It's like the most generous loan you'll ever get. The up front discount encourages people not to put it off indefinitely unless it's actually necessary.

The poor will be getting benefits in other areas, and the wealthy will be paying their share in other areas, so I think the benefits outweigh the negatives, overall.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

"hey mate"
"hey"

Yeah... that's a For Sale sign if I've ever seen one.

Well that's not what you want...
You wanted it to be a siege, didn't you? My wife said "ISIS" and I said "stock exchange" then we forgot all about it. I assumed it was an accident since an ambulance was absolutely screaming down King Billy.

Also, lol @ bogan neighbour. I guess you kind of do have to laugh it off.

jambo

You wanted it to be a siege, didn't you? My wife said "ISIS" and I said "stock exchange" then we forgot all about it. I assumed it was an accident since an ambulance was absolutely screaming down King Billy.

I walked right past it as I came in from the train station and was heading towards Flinders Street.

Tarps everywhere so I figured it was a car or bike that had hit the other side of the garbage truck.

Pretty sad about the old guy =[

giv jub plz

also shan r u looking at houses already or just so future planning you're in 2025

HAH! No, I just figured out how to check my debt for the first time and since I'm about to spend a good deal more this year with honours I'm starting to get a little bit concerned :s

Shaneus

Might be off the hook with that house, they'd received an offer for $360,000 which is about $30k over what my girlfriend and folks said it would be worth (including the repairs and such). Oh well!

Told them to let them know to keep me in the loop if it falls through, but at least it's prepared me for when/if I find another place I can actually get and I don't have to hurry things.

Fredescu

I'm about to put the following games up for sale. Will give an AusGAF discount since you're good people.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Gamecube - NTSC
Conker: Live and Reloaded - Brand New, still sealed - Xbox 1, reported to be backwards compatible with 360 in 50hz, with a few caveats listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
Baten Kaitos Origins - Gamecube - NTSC
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings - Gamecube - PAL, Aussie version

Stackboy

I'm having myself a 3 day weekend, because I've been working too much. Kind of off the Destiny bandwagon at the moment but the last week I've found myself playing COD AW again, I think the DLC drops tomorrow on PS4.

Might be off the hook with that house, they'd received an offer for $360,000 which is about $30k over what my girlfriend and folks said it would be worth (including the repairs and such). Oh well!

Told them to let them know to keep me in the loop if it falls through, but at least it's prepared me for when/if I find another place I can actually get and I don't have to hurry things.

Removing the "I need this specific house now" aspect is the smart way to buy, plenty of places out there and if you're not in a hurry all the more power for you to shop around and bid smart.

N0VAM0D

"hey mate"
"hey"

I feel terrible for laughing, but oh my god why

maybe you should move out

Fusebox

Banned
I'm about to put the following games up for sale. Will give an AusGAF discount since you're good people.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends - Gamecube - NTSC
Conker: Live and Reloaded - Brand New, still sealed - Xbox 1, reported to be backwards compatible with 360 in 50hz, with a few caveats listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360
Baten Kaitos Origins - Gamecube - NTSC
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings - Gamecube - PAL, Aussie version

Saw your thread on OCAU, good luck with the sale.

Yrael

Anyone else get this email from Club Nintendo Australia?

Dear Club Nintendo Member,

Thank you for registering Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS as part of the Super Smash Bros. Club Nintendo Promotion.

Due to a delay in the production of the Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U: Premium Sound Selection double CD set, this item will not be dispatched to you as originally planned.

Originally planned for dispatch from the first quarter of 2015, the new dispatch timing for the double CD set is planned for April 2015.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Sincerely,

Nintendo Australia

Bleh.

vanty

Does anyone know anything about if Hotline Miami 2 Steam codes from GMG or wherever will work fine here? I've bought codes on Amazon in the past that were US only and they worked fine but I think I heard something about them cracking down on that sort of thing recently.

Shaneus

Removing the "I need this specific house now" aspect is the smart way to buy, plenty of places out there and if you're not in a hurry all the more power for you to shop around and bid smart.
Yup, I'm learning that now! Also learning that while this place has an awesome space for man-caving, it's certainly not the only one around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom