• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still playing GTAV online on PS4? The new heists stuff sound cool and they've brought in tons of features which make playing online a lot more fun. I actually enjoy playing random races and jobs now, I don't have to wait in the lobby for it to fill up. I can keep running around in the open world and then when the lobby has enough players it pulls me in. Really cool. Plus daily challenges and all that kind of fun stuff.

I might jump back in, have room for someone to play heists? I haven't touched any of the online aside from the tutorial back on 360 at launch when it took a million tries to get matches/races to start.

Fredescu

What are some good meaty insults that aren't a slur against a disadvantaged group?

I was thinking Fuckwit, but that's derived from half wit. Is that a similar slur to retard?

Motherfucker is kind of gendered, or at least a reference to traditional female roles.

Arsehole is good but a little weak.

Fuck knuckle and fuckstick are a too little whimsical.

I don't want to sound like an MRA, so give me the argument against this if you've got one, but I feel like if we shouldn't say cunt (we should) then we shouldn't say cock or cockhead either.

Maybe we just shouldn't insult each other, but where's the fun in that.

I was going to suggest "berk", because it sounds pretty timid, but it actually just ends up meaning "cunt" ... so nope.

A shortened version of Berkeley Hunt, the hunt based at Berkeley Castle in Gloucestershire. In Cockney rhyming slang, hunt is used as a rhyme for cunt, giving the word its original slang meaning.

Darren870

What are some good meaty insults that aren't a slur against a disadvantaged group?

I was thinking Fuckwit, but that's derived from half wit. Is that a similar slur to retard?

Motherfucker is kind of gendered, or at least a reference to traditional female roles.

I don't want to sound like an MRA, so give me the argument against this if you've got one, but I feel like if we shouldn't say cunt (we should) then we shouldn't say cock or cockhead either.

I'm trying to think of all the ones my missus calls me, but they've all been mentioned in here. I usually just call her a cunt. All good fun though!

*cries in corner*

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

I'm partial to "fuckstain"

Fredescu

I'm partial to "fuckstain"

I like. Arsewipe is along similar lines.

How about animal comparisons? Primate comparisons probably have too much history in racism, but what about "dog"? "You fucking dog" is pretty meaty imo.

Dogs are pretty cool though, so idk.

you can take my retard, my bitch, my cocksucker and my poof, but you'll never take my cunt, dick, prick, twat, tit, bum, knob, boob, cock, or balls.

I'm happy to trade swear words as long as I don't have to use words made up by pop stars.

Roulette

WbWMldX.jpg

Hey Gaz see that vessel in the background?

That is the Slave I spaceship.

It belongs to Boba Fett.

My geode must be acknowledged.

bcDM3pX.jpg

Boba Fett

ax5Q44v.jpg

Starfighter Assault

FpTGhzh.jpg

World War Hulk

Gazunta

What tables are you guys playing?

The DLC is rather confusingly titled...

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader, Empire Strikes Back, Clone Wars Boba Fett

Marvel: Doctor Strange, Captain America, Civil War, Avengers, Fear Itself, The Infinity Gauntlet, World War Hulk, Blade, Iron Man, The Amazing Spider-Man, Wolverine

Zen Originals: Earth Defense, Mars, Excalibur, Paranormal, Epic Quest, Secrets of the Deep, Biolab, Pasha, rome, Shaman, Tesla, Eldorado, V12, Sorcerer's Lair

Yikes that's a lot of tables :/

Edit: YIIIIKES ROULETTE YOU JUST THREW SOME SHADE, NICE

Bernbaum

Welp... well done Roulette. It was only a matter of time before someone showed up that knew what they were doing.
you can take my retard, my bitch, my cocksucker and my poof, but you'll never take my cunt, dick, prick, twat, tit, bum, knob, boob, cock, or balls.

I'm happy to trade swear words as long as I don't have to use words made up by pop stars.
How is cocksucker offensive? It's no worse than cuntface, and I use cuntface all the time.

I like 'dipshit', not sure if that has a bad history. We meant it like you did something stupid. "Smooth move dipshit!".

My geode must be acknowledged.

lol nice shade tossing and reference.

Welp... well done Roulette. It was only a matter of time before someone showed up that knew what they were doing.
How is cocksucker offensive? It's no worse than cuntface, and I use cuntface all the time.
Degrading someone for performing fellatio, like it's a bad thing?

I like to get creative with my swearing. Mash two terms together, see if it sticks.

Like I often call my friends snuff dogs, shit weasels, that kind of thing.

Jintor

there's like maybe less than twenty english speakers in a twenty kilometer radius :T

gotta do my best not to alienate them all!

mainly this means i stay inside and play video games

MoonGred

Might already have been posted but in case you missed it. Australia will now try a new way of rating games and other media

Yesterday Michael Keenan, the Minister for Justice, announced that Australia would officially begin trialing a new system that helps ease the astronomical burden currently being placed upon the Classification Board.

The International Age Ratings Coalition (IARC) is a globally unified age ratings classification system and Australia is now part of that coalition, meaning digital and mobile games can now be classifified using this system, as opposed to going through the traditional process with the Classification Board. Developers obtain ratings by answering a short questionnaire about the content of their video game. The system then outputs an age rating based on the country and that country’s specific social norms. 36 countries are now part of the IARC and Australia is the latest to join.

More at below
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/03/australian-video-game-classification-just-took-a-huge-leap-forward/

Might already have been posted but in case you missed it. Australia will now try a new way of rating games and other media

More at below
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/03/australian-video-game-classification-just-took-a-huge-leap-forward/

"Does your title feature- A) violence B) drugs C) tits or D) all of the above- in the same scene?
If A, B or C, please continue onto the next question.
If D, you'll burn in hell, fuck you and fuck your game. signed Australia."

other than that, its a nice step forward.

MoonGred

"Does your title feature- A) violence B) drugs C) tits or D) all of the above- in the same scene?
If A, B or C, please continue onto the next question.
If D, you'll burn in hell, fuck you and fuck your game. signed Australia."

other than that, its a nice step forward.

I'd imagine that they'll still manually go over all the games that get rated 18+
For a second I had hopes for a hotline miami 2 release but realised shortly after that this won't fix it either =(

Also every time I type "=" on my phone it auto predicts the next word to be "ThoseDeafMutes" how the fuck did this happen.

Bernbaum

Jamie's Italian in Brisbane is terrible. You have all been warned.
Correct, but it's garbage everywhere.

Brisbane CBD and Southbank area are overpriced. Food places in the city have a guaranteed trade and don't need to turn out quality food.

New Farm, West End and Paddington are the dining meccas.

Correct, but it's garbage everywhere.

Brisbane CBD and Southbank area are overpriced. Food places in the city have a guaranteed trade and don't need to turn out quality food.

New Farm, West End and Paddington are the dining meccas.

Yeah wasn't my choice, lesson learnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom