• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

Gaz, look at what we've created...

kZLVZzG.jpg

hamchan

Tell me which tables to buy so I can beat your scores.

EDIT: Wait, apparently I already have the Marvel and Star Wars packs installed. Don't know how that happened.

Bernbaum

I'll make this a sharable Google Docs spreadheet so people can update their scores by themselves, but here's the current standings:

zyoLz8L.png

The last few Star Wars tables can probably be omitted because I'm the only one that's posted a score. I haven't included Superscore because that's effectively meaningless when not everyone owns all the tables. Shaneus hasn't posted scores on that many tables, but as expected, he has top score on the majority of tables that he has played. Jables and Omi, who have seemingly only just picked it up can claim top honour for a few tables and will probably pick up a few more if they stick with it. As expected, Gaz's Mum is pretty easy to score on, as many many people will attest to, but that's typical for many of the larger tables.

Roulette

FUCK.

Can my little brother be on it?

Same name.

At least get me on that last table, sounds like everyone else has had a crack.

I'll make this a sharable Google Docs spreadheet so people can update their scores by themselves, but here's the current standings:

zyoLz8L.png

The last few Star Wars tables can probably be omitted because I'm the only one that's posted a score. I haven't included Superscore because that's effectively meaningless when not everyone owns all the tables. Shaneus hasn't posted scores on that many tables, but as expected, he has top score on the majority of tables that he has played. Jables and Omi, who have seemingly only just picked it up can claim top honour for a few tables and will probably pick up a few more if they stick with it. As expected, Gaz's Mum is pretty easy to score on, as many many people will attest to, but that's typical for many of the larger tables.

Brilliant.

I want to give the 3 Marvel tables more of a go but I'm loving the Star Wars ones too much. My favourite has to be the Empire Strikes Back table.

Quasar

What a terrible world to wake up to, a world without PTerry.

Though at least he's at peace now.

I hope what Jim Butcher said is true...he's now having a pint with Douglas Adams.

Quasar

Curious thing...Aussie PSN prompted me to download the netflix app last night. Some two weeks before it starts and before it seems available on other app stores.

Holy shit, that looks accurate as fuck for GTA5! Really makes EA look like shit for how Sim City turned out.

Heists in GTA5 require level 12 to host, might not need to be that high to play though. Was planning on doing some missions tonight but looks like I have to head to Geelong at short notice so no gaming for me >_<

IF THE NBN WAS UP AND RUNNING I COULD REMOTE PLAY IT BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS SHIT >_<

Curious thing...Aussie PSN prompted me to download the netflix app last night. Some two weeks before it starts and before it seems available on other app stores.

Works with US Netflix accounts apparently

senahorse

IF THE NBN WAS UP AND RUNNING I COULD REMOTE PLAY IT BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO WE ARE STUCK WITH THIS SHIT >_<

Never fear, remember around election time and Turnbull was talking about fibre on demand being available to those that want it, and how he scoffed at Labor's accusations of it costing $5000, and labelled it ridiculous. Well today NBNco has released a guide on FoD, here's a nice little tidbit:

12. What is the estimated cost of a technology change?
The cost to change technology infrastructure for an Area Switch could range from tens of
thousands of dollars to several millions of dollars depending on the size and complexity of
the project. For an Individual Switch it could range from a few thousand dollars to tens of
thousands of dollars.
Therefore the cost will be determined site-by-site based on the
difference in cost between the planned technology and the selected technology.
http://www.nbnco.com.au/content/dam/nbnco2/documents/FAQ - Technology Choice.pdf
Bargain!

Quasar

Never fear, remember around election time and Turnbull was talking about fibre on demand being available to those that want it, and how he scoffed at Labor's accusations of it costing $5000, and labelled it ridiculous. Well today NBNco has released a guide on FoD, here's a nice little tidbit:

Well it was obvious that would cost more than the similar uk plan. And that could just be based on the length of the fibre run needed to the nearest node. So if you are stuck with fttn, you better hope you are real close to a node.

Though that line is even worse with major switch changes necessary. What a fuckup of a design that the ability to do last mile fibre later isnt much easier.

senahorse

Well it was obvious that would cost more than the similar uk plan. And that could just be based on the length of the fibre run needed to the nearest node. So if you are stuck with fttn, you better hope you are real close to a node.

Though that line is even worse with major switch changes necessary. What a fuckup of a design that the ability to do last mile fibre later isnt much easier.

The NBN is one of the biggest government failures in my living memory, what a shambles.

Quasar

Best bit about the new Node stuff is the mandatory $600 quote fee.

What?

I always wondered about nbn costs (my current suburb is still in the preparation stage). For folks in FTTP areas just what it costs to connect to the house. At one stage copper was being pulled out so I assumed it was free. Now I have no idea though.

Quasar

The NBN is one of the biggest government failures in my living memory, what a shambles.

Well yeah. Well in terms of infrastructure.

And maybe its not possible technically, but then BT seems to do it having a fttn setup with people able to pay for last mile fibre fairly easily.

Quasar

Optarse, amirite.

Well my only optus experience is their network resold, not optus themselves. And beyond coverage issues I've been fine with it.

The big bummer for me is that iinet was the one isp that supported the public good in terms of policy issues (copyright, metadata, filters) publicly. Is that voice now gone? Where does tpg even stand on these issues?

senahorse

Well my only optus experience is their network resold, not optus themselves. And beyond coverage issues I've been fine with it.

The big bummer for me is that iinet was the one isp that supported the public good in terms of policy issues (copyright, metadata, filters) publicly. Is that voice now gone? Where does tpg even stand on these issues?

Very much this, as for where TPG stand, I wouldn't expect anything on the level of iinet's level of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom