• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

Decided against WD, thanks though guys. I've still got all of the ME series to go through after I finish off a couple things on the go right now. WD will be on sale again.

sleeping dogs is a fucking great game with an ok story and shitty driving.

Pretty much. The fighting got a bit repetitive for me at a couple points, but the main things I look for in open world games are the driving and shooting, so it was always going to struggle to grab me. It did though, great game.

r1chard

Fucking publishers and fucking region locks. I *want* to give them my money, but they refuse it. WTF KIND OF WAY IS THAT TO RUN A FUCKING BUSINESS?!?

Manax

I can't tell if people are trolling by intentionally confusing watch dogs which he asked about with sleeping dogs.

Sleeping dogs is great

Watch dogs I have no idea about but the general impression I get is mediocre and wont sustain your interest

On a related note about the ps4 remaster of sleeping dogs to enjoy it again. Played the shit out of it on the pc.

I can't tell if people are trolling by intentionally confusing watch dogs which he asked about with sleeping dogs.

Sleeping dogs is great

Watch dogs I have no idea about but the general impression I get is mediocre and wont sustain your interest

On a related note about the ps4 remaster of sleeping dogs to enjoy it again. Played the shit out of it on the pc.

I mentioned how Watch Dogs wasn't as good as Sleeping Dogs (which I love) and everyone joined in about both games. All good fun in the Dogs war.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Delivering my game concepts today, hopefully it all goes well but jeez it is hard to nail down three ideas when you've got hundreds floating around.

Omikron

Stayed up far too late last night watching the CS:GO major final. Was great :D

CS is doing such huge numbers at the moment, somewhat mind blowing. There were a bit under 1 million people watching in game or via twitch.

hamchan

Stayed up far too late last night watching the CS:GO major final. Was great :D

CS is doing such huge numbers at the moment, somewhat mind blowing. There were a bit under 1 million people watching in game or via twitch.

More smurfs and hackers to play with now.

Fredescu

If you want a winner of an open world with technology and drama and story you should play lego city undercover

Man, there's a game I should play with my son. He keeps "playing" the Mario 3D World overworld and asking me "why can't I go there!" I've had Lego City for a while but haven't popped it in.

Although he's starting playing the earlier Mario levels himself, so I might delay it a bit while he hones his skills. I even popped into my bubble a couple of times because he was beating me while I looked for a star or something. "Hurry up daddy, the time is going to run out!"

We played Pikmin 3 for a while, he mostly watched me, but he used the touch screen for some stuff. Then I left two Pikmin behind when finishing a day and that made him sad, so he doesn't want to play it any more.

I should get him into Pinball.

senahorse

If you like platformers and/or metroidvanias you must play Ori and the Blind Forest. Finished it yesterday, a fantastic game and one of the most beautiful games (sound and visuals) out there. I am a bit sad it's over but can't wait to see what Moon Studios create next.

Roulette

I just found out that cghub.com is now a repository for crackpot religious insanity (e.g. chemtrails are the devil).

I remember reading that there was a dispute with "the owner" of the site. Presumably this is why they shut down last year. Sad now.

hidys

So apparently the Americans can listen to the new Kendrick Lamar album on Spotify but we can't.

This is some goddamn bullshit.

MoonGred

I just found out that cghub.com is now a repository for crackpot religious insanity (e.g. chemtrails are the devil).

I remember reading that there was a dispute with "the owner" of the site. Presumably this is why they shut down last year. Sad now.

Since this proves that Jesus Christ is real, and the spray planes are demonic, people will have to choose who they will serve. You no longer have an option, it’s only Christ or Satan. No other religion, no atheism, only two options. Who will you serve? Time is short.

Wrap it up guys, chem-trails are the key to the universe by the looks of it

$33.45 for Trilogy down from $44.95
$22.22 for Dual Destinies down from $39.95

It works out cheaper when you get -15% off eshop cards at EB this sat.
I've always wanted to get into the series, I presume best starting point would be the trilogy?

Card Boy

Banned
I've always wanted to get into the series, I presume best starting point would be the trilogy?

Yep you wont appreciate the characters in Duel Destinies if you play that first. Get a hold of Apollo Justice aswell before getting into AA5.

Miles Edgeworth Investigations 1+2 are not essential but still worth it.

If you are thirsty for something similar after you are done try Ghost Trick and Phoenix Wright Vs Layton.

Thanks for reminding me about sleeping dogs. It didn't run properly on my old computer so I didn't get very far but it did seem great fun. I should try reinstalling it now that I have a ridiculous beast of a gaming laptop.

MoonGred

Damn all of you with your sleeping dogs talk. I've just started downloading it again, god knows when I'll play it. Current rotation is cs go - > hotline miami 2 - > cities skyline.

MoonGred

It is pretty amazing, still don't understand how people build these amazing cities. I usually get massive traffic congestion around the 7k mark, and my city layout looks like shit as well

Cloudy, 22.0°C (H: 27°C, L: 14°C), 40% humidity, NNE 7km/h gusting at 13km/h
why is it already so hot. i went outside and was hit with a gust of heat as i opened the front door

Stackboy

At level 30 you won't even be able to enter the raid in the next dlc.

I've only run 2 raids ever, so it's not high on my list of priorities. I'll get there eventually. Currently I just run the weekly for coins with my level 30. Bought Red Mist over the weekend for when my Warlock gets to level 20.

Darren870

So where is somewhere I can go to see animals and nature and stuff? Somewhere in Asia I am guessing.

Been stressful few weeks and need to book a holiday. Any suggestions? In an animal/retreat/safari mood. Need to get out of cities for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom