• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roulette

That Paranormal table... fun to play, but I can never get a good run on it. I reestablished dominance on Starfighter, though.

Still don't know what to do about Return of the Jedi. I just can't play it. I am garbage at it. I don't understand it. I feel like if I play it the same way I play all the other tables the ball just flies down the exits.

But I won't give up. I'll find a way.

Oh and Pizza is the only answer.

Pizza
Barbecue

That's it.

This dude gets it. Although I was partial to the sour cream & chili one for a little bit before I got sick of it.

Pizza and very rarely BBQ for life bro.

I had a look, the website still shows $79.98 :/

The pre-order offer has been taken down apparently.

It was in the last catalog, must have finished mid week, might be worth a shot asking in store though!

Quasar

So it's taken me 3 year but I finally found my favourite shapes

1) Nacho cheese
2) Cheddar
3) Savoury

Honourable mention to Cheese and Bacon for the most vile tasting snack I've ever had. Artificial bacon flavour shouldn't exist, it gives real bacon a bad name

You know...I think its my favourite :)

And I don't think I've ever had savoury.

MoonGred

You know...I think its my favourite :)

And I don't think I've ever had savoury.

Please don't tell me you're talking about bacon and cheese.
Savoury reminds me of chicken salt, so you should be good to go if you like that.
Don't get me wrong bbq (and to a lesser extent pizza) isn't bad, I just usually get sick of them after 10 orso. As with most foods simplicity goes a long way.
Vanilla ice cream = best ice cream

Fusebox

Banned
Helleth hath frozeneth overth.

I found Amiibos in a retail store today. And not just Mario, ones i didn't already get like a Bowser, a Megaman and 2 Sonics. Just in time for my brother's birthday (only one sonic for him, I need some amiibo sugar for my own collection).

Ausmiibos! When's the next wave coming out?

bomma_man

Was anyone else just reading a thread with a borderline insane stalker OP on OT? It seems to have been deleted, an I was only three pages in. What happened?

Quasar

When you guys say chicken in a biscuit do you mean the dixie drumstick flavour from ritz?

Yeah. Nabisco got bought/name changed to Ritz. Though I prefer the regular Chicken in a Biscuit to the Dixie Drumsticks. Not sure if both survived the name change.

MoonGred

That Paranormal table... fun to play, but I can never get a good run on it. I reestablished dominance on Starfighter, though.

Still don't know what to do about Return of the Jedi. I just can't play it. I am garbage at it. I don't understand it. I feel like if I play it the same way I play all the other tables the ball just flies down the exits.

But I won't give up. I'll find a way.

Oh and Pizza is the only answer.

Yeah. Nabisco got bought/name changed to Ritz. Though I prefer the regular Chicken in a Biscuit to the Dixie Drumsticks. Not sure if both survived the name change.

I couldn't find the original chicken flavour, they only had drumstick and pizza. They taste pretty amazing though. Also picked up a bag of dorrito roulette, still waiting for that really hot one.

Is Watch Dogs worth $US16?

yes and no. if $16 means going without something you want, then no. if it's chickenfeed to you, you rich cunt who's out of touch with the battlers out there on struggle street, then sure, it's a reasonable time waster if you like Far Cry or AC.

It's not terrible but it is a mess of ideas and conflicting character motivations. It's like going your mates telling you to go to the Macdonalds drive-thru and then ordering a Bucket of Chicken and a Chicken Zinger burger, mash potato and gravy.

I played it for about the same amount of time I played SoM before giving that up- ie 6-7 hours. And I'm someone who really enjoyed Unity and FC4.

Hmmm... thanks. 16 isn't much, but more than I want to give Ubi if I am not going to enjoy the game. Especially for one of their PC ports with the uplay shite. Reckon I'll hold off, got plenty of backlog to get through.

Sounds like a plan. I only picked it up because I wanted a new game to play over my 2 weeks break from work. Next one I'll get when it's cheapish will be Shadows of Mordor.

I loved it but I don't seem to have high expectations. If a game entertains me I'm happy, really enjoyed the gameplay in WD. Especially how they mixed up the vehicle combat options, running from cops was awesome fun one you unlocked all the hacks.

My first attempt to outrun the cops, I hacked a barrier to come up before I had passed it. Wasn't my best moment.

Dead Man

I loved it but I don't seem to have high expectations. If a game entertains me I'm happy, really enjoyed the gameplay in WD. Especially how they mixed up the vehicle combat options, running from cops was awesome fun one you unlocked all the hacks.

My first attempt to outrun the cops, I hacked a barrier to come up before I had passed it. Wasn't my best moment.

Shit, now I'm torn again lol. I'll decide after the GP.

hamchan

Shit, now I'm torn again lol. I'll decide after the GP.

I mean, it's an ok game but for a little bit more than $16 you can get something amazing like Ori and the Blind Forest or Hotline Miami 2.

To me, Watch Dogs kinda feels like just an ok open world game, with ok shooting mechanics with an ok Ubisoft formula framework (with a not good story 2 acts in). There are better Ubisoft formula games out there just sure.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ask yourself. Do you need another vanilla open world video game.

YES!

WD is a decent game. It's not going to blow your socks off, But a good vanilla open world game is always enjoyable. Treat it like GTA, Run around, Shoot things, Drive like a maniac, hack shit, It's good fun.

Speaking of late pickups I finally got around to grabbing Wolfenstein: The New Order after all those GOTYs and damn it's good to play a well constructed single player fps again. Can see the Riddick influences and it's great.

Gazunta

Fired up OlliOlli2 today after finally finding my long-lost Vita charge cable.

Played it for five minutes, yeaaaaah not my thing I think? I am far too unco for this.

markot

Banned
Pfft. Watch dogs was terrible

Set a game in hong kong with all that stuff and not have it be a light hearted comedy ala Jackie changs great movies from the past?

Jintor

I love Sleeping Dogs. I don't really know why. Each individual element of it is kind of mediocre but the whole is just really something fun.

I just rebought Sleepy Dogs again even though I agree it's overall a medicore game that works due to everything coming together. It doesn't do any one thing better than other games but doesn't slip up or annoy you at any point. Not a lot of depth, it's over pretty quick compared to other open world games, but it's quite tasty. Like a pork bun!

Can you get gift cards in values of your choice? Or is it always 50,75,100 etc?

Not sure to be honest, depends what they stock! I think it would likely be pre-set amounts at Woolworths.

Gazunta

Yeah I am being waaaaay too judgemental on OliiOlli2. Just don't have the headspace to learn a new game this weekend.

Beat Roulette's score on Pasha table, and I fucking loathe the Pasha table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom