• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

Ain't nobody gonna stand up for Atari in AusGAF.

I'm...God damn am I angry about all of this. I've written a lot previously about how Minter is one of THE biggest influences on me ever and it just fucking makes me so mad that Atari - the shambolic bullshit that lawyers and investors are calling Atari - are doing to him.

Minter's not rich. Shit, I'd be surprised if he was barely able to survive. And he sure as fuck doesn't deserve this corporate bullying. Fuck Atari.

I kept misreading Minter as minister and thinking "fk Gaz must really love Abbott to be so passionate about it"

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I refuse to call Infogrames "Atari".

The sole reason my life is the way it is comes down to my parents getting me an Atari ST when I was 4 years old. I don't have any brand loyalty to Sony, MS, Nintendo or any other company, but part of my soul belongs to that Atari ST, and it kinda hurts whenever I see that name being drag through the mud by some broke-ass French holding company.

Signing the fuck Atari petition.

It still amazes me that a company like Atari fell from such great heights and was never able to climb out of the Pitfall™ into shit management and sellout/off.

senahorse

Really hoping ATI make a comeback, it's still possible...Nvidia is out of control, and shit's only going to get worse. Of course the dollar being shit doesn't help either.

Haha that extra 50$ is the cherry on top. I love the note of a limit of 2 a person, here I was about to go nuts and use my savings to buy a stack of these

The EVGA model was 1499, but it's sold out.

Our dollar has dropped so much that after shipping and sales taxes, this is basically a reasonable conversion of the 1000 USD price.

markot

Banned
Its sad that there are so many people out there with enough money to buy these things.

Its fortunate that intellect and wealth are not correlating.... things.

MoonGred

Its sad that there are so many people out there with enough money to buy these things.

Its fortunate that intellect and wealth are not correlating.... things.

Why is it sad? Let people just buy whatever they want.

Mutes you got your 970 at the perfect moment didn't you? Didn't you end up paying 400aud and then getting money back from Amazon because of the whole ubisoft game thing?

Our dollar is really making me worry for the price of that acer gsync monitor.

markot

Banned
Why dont we have government issued email addresses????

People complain about Nintendos account system? Well what about AUSTRALIAS?!

I mean, we already have the governmental postal system, you cant opt out of that can you? I mean, I guess they can just throw the letters on your garden...

And then use that mail as a basis for a system for electronic voting and what nots.

Shaneus

HAHAHAHA, no. Now even more interested to see Fiji in action, could this be the year I switch back again, it has been a couple of generations.

Actually no, it has I had a 6950/6970 before the 780's, might be some flipflopping up in here.
Bahahahahaha. I guess I'll wait a few months for the Fiji cards to come out, see how they compare to current-gen GPUs and maybe buy a cheap one second hand when people upgrade. Fuck this $1549 nonsense.

Signing the fuck Atari petition.

It still amazes me that a company like Atari fell from such great heights and was never able to climb out of the Pitfall™ into shit management and sellout/off.
There's a petition?

Hey kids, forget Netflix, here's a clunky piece of crap instead!

From your pals at Newscorp!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...e-netflix-launch/story-fn8tnfhb-1227269414557
kSempUu.jpg

Mutes you got your 970 at the perfect moment didn't you? Didn't you end up paying 400aud and then getting money back from Amazon because of the whole ubisoft game thing?

$428 AUD shipped.

I got two separate 20% (multiplicative) refunds, first for the ubi games, second for the memory issue.

Final price: $270 AUD.

I could probably get more than that second hand right now.

:p

jambo

Hey kids, forget Netflix, here's a clunky piece of crap instead!

From your pals at Newscorp!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/h...e-netflix-launch/story-fn8tnfhb-1227269414557

The last section is hilarious

But the delayed Foxtel iQ3 launch will come at an important time in Australian television, just one day before Netflix launches its service in Australia.

While the TV-streaming service has yet to unveil its monthly subscription price, or even its TV line-up, Netflix will host a launch party in Sydney on Tuesday with celebrity guests rumoured to include Daryl Hannah.

News Corporation is a part-owner of Foxtel.

MoonGred

I can't believe they refunded a part because of the memory issue. If I contacted pcg about that they'd probably laugh in my face

Danoss

The last section is hilarious

I was in stitches before getting that far.

The machine, dubbed the Foxtel iQ3, will feature more TV tuners to record three shows simultaneously while watching another, a larger hard drive capable of recording up to 345 standard definition TV shows — or more than every episode of MASH, a Bluetooth remote control, and a built-in wi-fi connection.

Check out the hot new tech from Foxtel. Four tuners, a larger HDD and a BT remote. Man, they've gone all out! Have you seen their new toaster?

FwhMc3i.jpg

Also, I love the examples of the capabilities to help users visualise the potential while also showcasing the benefits of Foxtel – SD content and MASH repeats. Welcome to the future everyone!

A Foxtel spokesman said the personal video recorder would also add software features that suggest TV shows to record based on previous viewing, and highlight trending TV shows.

Forget outdated things like ‘promoted tweets’, ‘what's hot’, ‘you might also like...’ or ‘recommended for you’. Those features, if you could call them that, consider things you've indicated you liked or that those with similar tastes have. At Foxtel, we don't see the point factoring in your feelings or opinions to suggest more things to you. If you watched it, you must've liked it right? It was on Foxtel, where everything is great!

We'll tell you what to watch and know you'll listen. How do we know that? Well, you could get most of the content currently available on Foxtel either cheaper or free, and most likely in higher quality elsewhere. Since you'd rather pay through the nose and put up with our awful customer service and listen to one of our owners call those who pay for content with one of our competitors ‘pirates’, we know you value what we have to say.

*cough*Netflix sucks*cough* Sorry, bit of a cold there. If you've got the sniffles too, why not prescribe yourself the best medicine, laughter. My suggestion: MASH.

The iQ3 was first announced by Foxtel in March 2013 and scheduled for release last month.

24 months to release an update to their current 7-year-old product and they still run late. It's understandable to miss a date like that when you're moving as fast as Foxtel is.

Foxtel. It's how you spell ‘future’ in the future.

Card Boy

Banned
Canceled that shit Stan. Ready for Netflix and downloaded the PS4 app ready to go for the 24th. Netflix wins just for being available on a TV device.

N0VAM0D

Kendricks new album certainly is different

I really need to get on that. I was heaps hyped, then completely forgot about it because I've just been so damn busy! The tracks I've heard so far have been great though, I think. How do you feel overall? I'll download it first thing in the morning.

Also is it me or do more people not understand appropriate volume. Or inside voices.

A little consideration never hurt anyone.

Ugh, yes.

I live in a building where people in the studio across from us play music with the bass turned up really loud and the whole damn room just thumps for hours and hours. I'm too nervous to say anything, though! As well as that, we have a pretty active alleyway next to our bedroom window, with a couple of restaurants and a really popular wine bar. Also some design studio that hosts exhibitions and gigs a lot. It's not fun getting home at 1 AM after a long shift, and knowing that you won't be able to sleep well (if at all). Then in the early hours of the morning, trucks come and empty all the restaurants rubbish from the night before, including the massive bins full of glass bottles. I sort of can't wait to move. It's a gorgeous studio in a fantastic area, but it's just too damn loud.

Sorry for the rant, I'm tired.

MoonGred

I really need to get on that. I was heaps hyped, then completely forgot about it because I've just been so damn busy! The tracks I've heard so far have been great though, I think. How do you feel overall? I'll download it first thing in the morning.

Yea definitely do. It's by no means a bad album, just very different than his previous ones. There's no bangers, instead a lot of the tracks sound more like funk/soul/jazz. This is probably more of a personal thing but some of the backing vocals remind me of Prince.

Stackboy

Canceled that shit Stan. Ready for Netflix and downloaded the PS4 app ready to go for the 24th. Netflix wins just for being available on a TV device.

The twitter account on Stan has repeatedly stated they are making an Xbone app. I'll stick with them for Better Call Saul and Community. Plus me and my wife love watching cartoons and they just added.

SHILL

Still getting Netflix though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The twitter account on Stan has repeatedly stated they are making an Xbone app. I'll stick with them for Better Call Saul and Community. Plus me and my wife love watching cartoons and they just added.

SHILL

Still getting Netflix though.

+ my queue is: Star trek origina, star trek tng, stargate sg1, stargate atlantis.

i'll be busy for a bit.

i wish they'd had all the seasons of stargate though.. for some reason tehy only have 1-4 of sg1 and 1-3 of atlantis

MoonGred

Does Stan have an automated playback function when using it via chromecast? For some reason netflix quits out of chromecast after every episode/movie. With movies this isn't an issue, but getting up every 20 minutes to reselect and episode gets annoying real quickly

Stackboy

Does Stan have an automated playback function when using it via chromecast? For some reason netflix quits out of chromecast after every episode/movie. With movies this isn't an issue, but getting up every 20 minutes to reselect and episode gets annoying real quickly

Nope, it stops

Bernbaum

Guys. You can already get Netflix. Magic really.

The way I use it, I can only get it on my HDTV via my PC. I wouldn't mind watching on my iPad every now and then, and for that I will use an Australian account.

For Hola users it should work exactly the same on PC once the Australian version launches - similar log-in page regardless of what region you're signing in from, just less options one the Australian menu once you're in. I'm already paying my subscription in USD, so we'll see what happens once the Australian version launches with regards to accounts.

senahorse

It doesn't for me, well I should add that the chromecast app does regularly drop out but opening it for 10 seconds usually fixes it. Bonus tip, open the stan app, close it, open the Netflix app and it fixes it. The Netflix app is a pile of garbage really, it's amazing the Stan app is much better when it comes to maintaining a connection.

MoonGred

I love netflix but wish I didn't need to choose between getting up to play episodes/movies or the god awful playback quality on the ps4.

Stack you've still convinced me to at least try Stan. Job well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom