• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

I'm on nbn as well, and the difference in quality between ps4 and pc is mind blowing. Whereas with pc it's locked to the highest res with the ps4 it constantly drops the quality.
Try it tonight Jambo

Stackboy

I love netflix but wish I didn't need to choose between getting up to play episodes/movies or the god awful playback quality on the ps4.

Stack you've still convinced me to at least try Stan. Job well done!

Let me know what you think, I'm just excited Australia has streaming options now.

Netflix on our PS4 and XBone looks great.

All about that bandwidth.

I'm on Optus broadband, should be fine.

MoonGred

If you've walked down the main street of Cabramatta and not tried it, you have problems imo.

I had it for the first time today with a ben to box. For the amount of sugar it contains it didn't taste overly sweet. Massive food coma now though.
Productivity at work 0%

r1chard

#boardgames is so quiet...

So I went to Games Laboratory (Melbourne) last night with some friends and we drank expensive beer and played some of their games (Boss Monster and King of Tokyo) and ate pizza we got from Slice Girls just down the road and had a great old time.

The beer was expensive ($8-$10 a bottle) because they only had the craft beers on selection (all of which were quite yummy) and also because The CBD I guess (they're really only just setting up, and other cheaper beer and some ciders arrived while we were there). The room itself has an appropriately dungeony-slash-garage kinda feel about it. Plenty of space to play games at, and some video games set up as well. Pretty good selection of games.

We'll be going back :)

Boss Monster was pretty good, too :)

quabba

Canceled that shit Stan. Ready for Netflix and downloaded the PS4 app ready to go for the 24th. Netflix wins just for being available on a TV device.

I just cancelled stan too. Lucky I remembered as it was going to renew tomorrow.

I mainly cancelled because I cant watch it on my main tv (android app isnt listed as compatible with my z3), but I can use netflix so while I thought stan was doing a good job for a new service ill come back when they have expanded their library and have a few more playback options.

Gazunta

SHIELD IS SO GOOD NOW HNNNGH

But I think Channel 7 have dropped it quietly. :/

Hey Clive, take a look at the cover of Take 5 magazine when you get a chance.

Shaneus

I find MK to be easier to play on a gamepad anyway, but this is a nice inclusion.

The Quitalities are a nice way to deal with quitters.
That PS3 compatibility thing could well allow for those USB Saturn controllers to be compatible. Not sure if that's completely true, but I guess there's a chance.

Just sayin'.

And the Quitalities are a great idea, definitely. Didn't know about them until you mentioned it.

Stackboy

That PS3 compatibility thing could well allow for those USB Saturn controllers to be compatible. Not sure if that's completely true, but I guess there's a chance.

Just sayin'.

And the Quitalities are a great idea, definitely. Didn't know about them until you mentioned it.

I didn't have any issues playing Injustice on the PS4 control pad, so I'll stick with that.

Feels like there is tons of content in this MK.

Shaneus

I didn't have any issues playing Injustice on the PS4 control pad, so I'll stick with that.

Feels like there is tons of content in this MK.
Yeah, it looks like it. I didn't get terribly into the first of the new MK games (I think I clocked it, but that's about it) before moving it on, but I think MKX might have legs.

It did feel good when I played it briefly at PAX last year, but I'm pretty sure it's moved forward quite a bit further since.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I thought the shield ended at the end of season 5 and was happy with how it ended.

Then found out there were another 2 seassons and have had no interest...

Ashtrax

I love how The Flash has progressed a lot of simple plot aspects (such as his identity to various characters) pretty quickly for just the first season. I'm hoping some of that crosses back over to Arrow.

As for SHIELD, I mean the best part of it is the fact that you can see all the minor elements that are essentially the framework for the greater MCU.

The competition between these two shows is great, and they keep one upping each other, while keeping my wife and I glued to our televisions.

Axiom

Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta.

SHIELD

dun nah, dun duh, dun nah, DUN DUN

tumblr_mowdqnEhif1s0dw7io1_500.gif

I'm already paying my subscription in USD, so we'll see what happens once the Australian version launches with regards to accounts.

I don't think anything will change, honestly. We technically have a US account

Heya AusGAF PALS AND CHUMS, Blow The Cartridge is up for nomination in this year's Comic Mix March Madness contest.

http://www.comicmix.com/2015/03/19/announcing-the-mix-march-madness-2015-seeding-round/

Could really do with your help please

please

youre in the top 20 right now!

Dryk

I love how The Flash has progressed a lot of simple plot aspects (such as his identity to various characters) pretty quickly for just the first season. I'm hoping some of that crosses back over to Arrow.
Arrow used to move that fast, but it's slowed down a bit this season for some reason. Flash is easily the best superhero show on TV right now though.

Dryk

Is Arrow worth catching up with? All I know about the show from when Arrow characters appeared in The Flash. And Ms Smoak.
The pace etc of The Flash are a direct continuation of the trend that the first two seasons of Arrow started. It's been a bit slower and less engaging this season because there are a lot of plot threads on the go but it's still good. The third season villain hasn't had quite the presence that the first two had.

Conflicted as fuck about the FF15 demo.

If I sell it I can get $30+ easily.

If I sell it I can't play the FF15 demo, which is meant to be ace, but I get to play FFT0 for ultimately $38 or less.

Damn my thrifty blood >_<

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
farken nailed dinner, before and after splooge shots

dinnerziaa1.jpg

barbecued eye fillet steak atop steamed broccoli and garlic/dried chilli sautéed zoodles

sauce is a simmered mix of thick cream, blue vein cheese, parmesan cheese, dill, and cracked pepper

guuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so good

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Broccoli is the Chevy chase of vegetables.

Broccoli is misunderstood.

How long did that take to cook EC?

Really very quickly. I put the steak on the barbeque first and had almost everything finished and ready before they were done. Steaming broccoli doesn't take long. Sautee zoodles/garlic/chilli while they steam. Once they're steamed mix the two together in a bowl. Simmer your cream and cheeses and herbs in the same pan. Steak finishes. Dish and serve.

Markot is like the correctness antiparticle.

Cauliflower with white sauce or cheese sauce is basically you enjoying the sauce, the cauliflower being in your mouth is a coincidence. You could substitute it with any other mild tasting vegetable and it's just as good/better.

markot

Banned
Most vegetables are terrible. Cauliflower has the decency to not be terrible just bland, so you can fix it.

You can't fix broccoli.

Bland is the best a vegetable can be.

Also a lot of people have genes that don't let them taste broccoli. I envy them. It's probably only those that 'like' broccoli.

Even the name looks like a disease. You have broccoli, my condolences.

Dead Man

Markot is like the correctness antiparticle.

Cauliflower with white sauce or cheese sauce is basically you enjoying the sauce, the cauliflower being in your mouth is a coincidence. You could substitute it with any other mild tasting vegetable and it's just as good/better.

Never have truer words been uttered.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I find it weird here to be one of the few people here who love vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. I'm Scottish, I should be the last one here to like that sort of stuff.

If it weren't for my warfarin I'd eat a huge amount of brussell sprouts and broccoli with every meal.

And to follow-up on that "I'm Scottish" thing, in Taiwan you can get deep-fried broccoli. And it's fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom