• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

I'd really like to get the local version of Other M with the release date actually being so close to the US one for once, but with Amazon doing the $20 coupon with the game thing, like they did with SMG2, I can't resist the bargain. I mean, even including shipping (shipped to a friend in the US who posts it to me), it's about AU$72 for the game and that includes US$20 off another game that I can ship in the same package.

It's not quite twice the price, but it is still an unjustifiable premium for the local content, unfortunately.

Axiom

Oh hey AusGaf. I wondered what the hell happened to you, I'd figured it slowed down so much during the election we just got locked and due to slowness nobody made a new one. Was worried about Gaz.

Going through the thread, I wish to clarify that the love for Ricki-Lee is due to the lack of spectacular tits among Aussie celebs. At least as prominant as hers.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
commissar said:
maybe we should ask evilore to have an "AusGAF 2.0: Now in Online!" + link stickied for a week so everyone knows.

I think everyone should know by now. if you had the original thread subscribed then vooks post, which is the last, points to this thread. Not sure how people have missed it with the giant picture and all.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
I'd really like to get the local version of Other M with the release date actually being so close to the US one for once, but with Amazon doing the $20 coupon with the game thing, like they did with SMG2, I can't resist the bargain. I mean, even including shipping (shipped to a friend in the US who posts it to me), it's about AU$72 for the game and that includes US$20 off another game that I can ship in the same package.

It's not quite twice the price, but it is still an unjustifiable premium for the local content, unfortunately.

It's $68 at JB Hi-Fi this week. I'd pay that over waiting for it.

josh_tarrant

Neo Member
evlcookie said:
I think everyone should know by now. if you had the original thread subscribed then vooks post, which is the last, points to this thread. Not sure how people have missed it with the giant picture and all.

I've missed it for the last week or so. Only discovered it last night.

commissar

evlcookie said:
I didn't even notice that was a link :0

I'm such a fool

Gazunta

Everyone should by this month's Australian Official 360 / Nintendo magazines because they have lots of (positive) coverage of the game I've worked on for over two years kthxbye

Agyar

Gazunta said:
Everyone should by this month's Australian Official 360 / Nintendo magazines because they have lots of (positive) coverage of the game I've worked on for over two years kthxbye

Can I just buy the game or buy you a beer or something?

Gazunta

Tell you what Aygar, buy Kritz a beer so he'll take that as a bribe and give it 5/5.

Cookie - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole. Look for its appearance on gamecrux.com soon!

Mar

Gazunta said:

What's the game?

Edit: Oh, I should read the thread more thoroughly..

And I'd be happy to give the game some exposure. Just did the same for Blade Kitten on Gamasutra... Although quite subtly.

Kritz

Banned
Dead Man said:
Points just for using literally correctly. :lol

I literally know how to use that word.

I also used a semicolon once or twice and am fairly sure I used them incorrectly. HOW IRONIC.

Nemesis_

Wait for Other M is killing me, though I know I will be disappointed. Despite having a greater focus on "story", nothing will top the more subtle "story" in Prime for me.

And the fact Prime looks so much more polished. =/

Not long now, either way. =(

Ydahs

34iskmx.png

Hey guys, we're compiling a list in the AFL thread on who everyone wants to win the Grand final this year.

Clicky!

So far we have had 20 people listing their preference. If you want to add your preference click the link above and follow the instructions in the 2nd post.

Shaneus

Clickied :)

BTW, mightyape.com.au is having a fairly big games sale with the best deal being Metro 2033 for PC being only $6.99. I bought two :lol

I had a dream last night that Mar lived in the same town as me, and he only posted on gaf on an ipad while sitting in his car parked in the driveway. I took a photo of him without him knowing and was planning to post it in this thread but I couldn't for some reason. Yep.

Agyar

So I played the demo of Shank and after completion, bought it. It works because it feels like an old school brawler, but with the controls and fluidity one expects from a modern game. Shank manages to get the feel of the combat just right, through great animation and feedback. With every button mapped to murder, the combat has a lot of options (for murder) and doesn't punish you for trying them out, at least not in the beginning of the game. I also particularly like the faux-Mexican setting (although I'm unsure if this continues for the rest of the game) and the while the art style is simple and derivative of other modern Live Arcade-style games, the characters look good, especially when they're being pinned down, decapitated and fed grenades.

Between this and Deathspank I feel like I've got a lot of good, quick value out of XBLA lately and from the feedback I've read, Lara Croft should deliver as well (albeit when I can find time to coop it with my girlfriend).

D.Lo

I am no longer in Aus (for a while) so am not AusGAF! Also don't play games anymore really but I spose that's around 40% of GAF anyway.

hamchan

Neverender said:
I had a dream last night that Mar lived in the same town as me, and he only posted on gaf on an ipad while sitting in his car parked in the driveway. I took a photo of him without him knowing and was planning to post it in this thread but I couldn't for some reason. Yep.

This is weird.

Not sure if you guys are aware.

Sony Central was clearing out 120GB PS3s for $350. Got my JB to price match and picked up my 3rd PS3.

Too cheap not to. Don't need 160 or 320GB.

Mar

Neverender said:

Hah! First problem, I don't have an iPad. Second, I hate driving.

I've had a bunch of weird dreams lately but they've always involved females, and I've felt weird telling them about it. I think my previous talked about dream with Evangeline Lilly was about the weirdest something could get. But then I had a dream that had Sara from Comic Vine in it, and that was almost as bad...

trinest

Nemesis556 said:
I had a dream that Other M was in my hands and it was actually a Twilight Princess cross-over.

Was so strange.
OBJECTION!

Wait there is no contradiction here, A + A = A. (a = average) :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
rass said:
^^^
that sucks but at least you know your bank is on top of shit.

evlcookie said:
I've never had an issue with buying 180GB from astraweb, done it twice so far. So good :D

Yeah, it was fine. I was on the phone for no more than 20 seconds. It just seemed a little strange that it'd trigger such a response considering I've bought Astraweb data blocks before.

rass said:
I got a call from the Comm bank a couple of months ago, someone had tried to book airline tickets to the Bahamas on my Debit Card, but they got rejected coz I only had $2 in the account haha.

:lol

I signed up for a waiting list for the iphone4 finally last night, the guy at the counter felt bad for me (signed the "notify me" form on Virgin website 3 weeks before launch, never got a notification) so he put me in 12th place instead of like 80th. Hopefully get one in a week or two, but I'll find out soon enough.

I ended up cancelling the order. I wanted to stick with Voda or go with 3 as either way I could take advantage of the unlimited 3->3 calls, since the chick my ex introduced me to the other week is on 3. Now, though, I'm seeing a chick who's with Optus, so I figured I'd cancel the order and sign up with them. :lol Plus, most of my mates are with 'em, too. Might go for the Galaxy S since I now have the option.

jambo

Getting my P's today, just before the Sep 4 deadline which would require me to get more log book hours. Phew.

Also, I've been playing a fair bit of Worms Reloaded lately and the MP is great fun, but if none of my Steam Friends are playing it's a bit hard to find online games. Is the AusGAF Steam Group still up to date and in use? Maybe we could get some games going over the next few weeks!

trinest said:
Vegemite sandwhiches are fowl
nlxrh.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The steam group is still up to date and in use. Usually 15+ people in the group chat every night.

I don't think many picked up worms due to it's price. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone grabbed it for $10 or so at the christmas sale. I know ridonk picked it up but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom