• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omikron

Choc said:
well he isnt following the ashes which is kinda a big deal to australians :p

Sure, I suppose.

I guess I just see the usage of the 'un-australian' as something used by a selection of racist australians, especially ones with southern cross tattoos. :p

jambo

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I'm a Collingwood supporter buddy.
a1SfR.jpg

jambo

Getting that tonight when I get paid!

GoW collection is $59 alone at retail, so getting a HDMI cable and some other games too is awesome. I wonder if that copy of Wipeout can be played non 3D...

Agyar

jambo said:
Getting that tonight when I get paid!

GoW collection is $59 alone at retail, so getting a HDMI cable and some other games too is awesome. I wonder if that copy of Wipeout can be played non 3D...

It's $35 on Ozgameshop.

legend166

Clipper said:
legend166, you might be interested to know that there is now another game option for getting homebrew onto PAL Wiis. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Wheelie Breakers can now be used instead of Lego Indiana Jones. It might be a little easier for you to source...

Why? Do you have a copy? :p

Choc said he'd lend me Indiana Jones. So I should be alright with that. Thanks though!

Clipper

That games deal is a bit funny when you consider you can get the GoW collection for US$30 from the US PSN and the rest of the games in the deal are PSN games (I'm surprised the bundled pricing doesn't seem to be in the US, though). Still, it's an amazing price for the local version, I guess.

legend166 said:
Why? Do you have a copy? :p

Choc said he'd lend me Indiana Jones. So I should be alright with that. Thanks though!
Nah, just thought it might show up in a bargain bin if you were hoping not to wait on others.

Choc

Banned
telstras new data plans are quite awesome

Browsing Pack New Data Inclusion Previous Data Inclusion
$10 1GB 200MB
$20 2GB 500MB
$29 3GB NA
$39 5GB 1GB
$49 NA 3GB
$69 12GB NA
$79 NA 6GB
$99 NA 9GB

Dead Man

Choc said:
:(

No F1 HD Worldwide until 2012 says Bernie
I thought it was confirmed for next year? Fuck. I was going to use that as the saving grave of HDTV broadcasts in Australia.

And LOL, I forgot cricket was on today! :lol

2 Minutes Turkish said:
I'm a Collingwood supporter buddy. I couldn't be more Australian.:D
Stay strong, mate! They are just bitter and jealous. :lol

legend166

Thanks to some kind chap on the Gaming side I've scored myself a free copy of L4D2.

I've also got myself involved in four packs:

Deus Ex (already own it, just want it in DD format for posterity, and for $1.50 I may as well)
Just Cause 2
NyxQuest
Recettear

So the backlog grows......

Choc

Banned
Rahk said:
So can I upgrade my data pack on Telstra if I'm currently on a contract and if so how?

yes rahk i just did it

i called customer service and i said so i hear you have new browsing packs nad he was lke yep and i said does my account switch over automatically he said no but i can switch it for you and he did it

PROFIT

Shaneus

legend166 said:
Thanks to some kind chap on the Gaming side I've scored myself a free copy of L4D2.

I've also got myself involved in four packs:

Deus Ex (already own it, just want it in DD format for posterity, and for $1.50 I may as well)
Just Cause 2
NyxQuest
Recettear

So the backlog grows......
Try and prioritise Just Cause 2. It's fun as fuck. I just upgraded my GPU and pushed the OC on my CPU a bit further, I can run high or very high in everything... it's fucking incredible. Graphics remind me of an open-world Uncharted.

hamchan

Bought GT5 and played a couple hours of it. I dunno yet, I think I like Forza 3 more. Will keep playing though so I can unlock everything, like car damage at level 40 wtf.

Choc

Banned
hamchan said:
Bought GT5 and played a couple hours of it. I dunno yet, I think I like Forza 3 more. Will keep playing though so I can unlock everything, like car damage at level 40 wtf.

you have to unlock car damage? what?!

legend166

Shaneus said:
Try and prioritise Just Cause 2. It's fun as fuck. I just upgraded my GPU and pushed the OC on my CPU a bit further, I can run high or very high in everything... it's fucking incredible. Graphics remind me of an open-world Uncharted.

I don't think my machine will be able to run it all that well. (E6750, 8800GT, 2GB RAM).

I'm going to slowly upgrade my PC over the next few months though, starting with some more RAM.

Fredescu

legend166 said:
starting with some more RAM.
I don't know that I'd start with RAM. You'll need DDR2 for your current system, but if you upgrade your CPU you're more than likely going to need DDR3, meaning you'll have to buy more RAM again.

Shaneus

legend: Probably not... I'm running a Q9550 (2.83GHz stock, overclocked to 3.9GHz stable :lol) and a an overclocked Asus HD5850.

I still have a shit HDD (my O/S is on a 5400 1TB drive :( ) but I'm getting a 60GB OCZ SSD drive next week :lol

Shaneus

I don't reckon RAM should be the first step though. If you have a PCI-E slot you'd be better off getting a decent video card. It's the one component (other than the case) you can keep after you've upgraded your CPU -> motherboard -> RAM.

Fredescu

jambo said:
DDR2 is dirt cheap though. You can get 2GB for under $60
True. Around $40 by the looks. His language suggested he wanted to reuse it though. If he has no need for a second PC and he wants to upgrade in phases, he might as well either get a new video card, or get a new cpu/mbd/ram in one hit.

jambo

Fredescu said:
True. Around $40 by the looks. His language suggested he wanted to reuse it though. If he has no need for a second PC and he wants to upgrade in phases, he might as well either get a new video card, or get a new cpu/mbd/ram in one hit.
Oh ok. Kinda hard cause once he goes to a new CPU he'll need a new mobo and new RAM :lol

Shaneus

If you're going a Radeon, don't go for the 6000 series. There's fuck-all performance gain. If anything, get a 5850. Going for around $240-250 and are beastly. Spend a few bucks more than that and get an overclockable one like I did :)

Down the track, if you need more power you can buy another and SLI them for almost twice the power. Should last for yonks.

Ventron

Noooo, I missed the hat trick on TV :(
(I mean I saw the replays but would have loved to see the full thing, hopefully it'll be on Youtube)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Do the upgrade at once. While in a way u could do it in steps you're just better off doing it in a single shot. So you know everything is working as it should be. Plus it gets u in a state of mind that says u have to make this thing last x amount of time so u research better and use your money more wisely.

Just have a figure and idea for how long it should last. You could get a 5850 and go 4gb of ram but the 5850 could be bottlenecked since your on a duel. Of course I'm on a worse CPU and a 4850 gpu and I can play most shit at 1920x1200. Not at 60fps though but I don't expect it too. So you might not bottleneck the 5850 much and u may not even notice, just depends on what u expect from the hardware configuration.

69xx series should be out next month and sandy bridge in jan / feb. That might be my next upgrade path, see how sandy performs. I would love to see bulldozer in action first but that might not be for another year. The old system is slowly becoming a dinosaur and i wouldnt mind a nas for strorage so i may never upgrade as I'm not rich :lol .

Edit holy shit the cookie monster is hosting snl? Sweeeeet.

Clipper

So, I just noticed that I'm now directly responsible for at least three of the avatars in this thread: Salazar's, Megadrive's and my own (to a lesser degree).

My influence is spreading over AusGAF... Soon I will control al.... Uh....

*Clipper whistles nonchalantly*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom