• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

legend166 said:
Man, I couldn't disagree more. Siddle has no bowling plan. He just bangs it in and hopes that somehow it will be enough. He's got no other strings to his bow. Look at the recent one dayers, especially the match where Mathews and Malinga killed us. Got tonked all over the place.

Bollinger can swing the ball away from the left handers. Considering both of England's openers have a penchant for hanging their bats out early on in an innings, that would be invaluable.

Siddle was the wrong choice and it's going to come back to hurt us.

I'm not saying in general, Bollingers not a better compliment to the attack, but siddle has his place. He's metronomic and economic. He might not be the best thinker of them all, but he will stick to A plan, even if it is, bowl conservative, in the same spot every time, and tie down an end. In 1 dayers, you cant do that, batsmen will attack your length, if you're going to put it in the same spot every time.

Siddle was the right choice, you can't take someone who is under done into a test match, particularly not fast bowlers. Michael Clarke should also not be in the side, you don't take a hurt back into a test match. Actually, i wouldn't have minded seeing Stewart Clark in the team, but i have no idea if he's hurt or something ? but i know the last time he face the english he ripped em apart.

Fredescu

giri said:
Actually, i wouldn't have minded seeing Stewart Clark in the team, but i have no idea if he's hurt or something ? but i know the last time he face the english he ripped em apart.
The last time he faced the English we lost the Ashes. I was always a Stuart Clark fan too. He's just fallen out of favour I think.

Choc

Banned
wow legend wait till your IT start seeing the usage :p

also, it is on HD on GEM is it not?

we have it on in our lunch room :D

giri

Fredescu said:
The last time he faced the English we lost the Ashes. I was always a Stuart Clark fan too. He's just fallen out of favour I think.
Wasn't that the year he won bowler of the year though?

iirc (and it's been a while since i looked) that series loss had very little to do with him in particular.

Choc

Banned
considering so called smartphones can only do FM :p any station broadcasting it on FM >_<

i know in country towns ABC Grandstand is on FM.....

Fredescu

giri said:
Wasn't that the year he won bowler of the year though?

iirc (and it's been a while since i looked) that series loss had very little to do with him in particular.
No, he only played two tests that year. He should have played more, but he got 1/84 in 26 overs in the test that ultimately lost us the Ashes, so he's as much to blame as anyone really.

legend166

Stuart Clark is done. After his latest elbow injury he just lost that yard of pace and for a guy who was never express it's really hurt him. He hasn't done much for NSW in the Shield this year. Actually, he's probably only kept his spot because he's captain and there have been injuries. He won't be seen again in Australian colours.

legend166

Choc said:
wow legend wait till your IT start seeing the usage :p

also, it is on HD on GEM is it not?

we have it on in our lunch room :D

Choc, it's only an 40kbps audio stream. I already used it to listen to the Australia A game and I haven't had any emails yet :lol

Choc

Banned
english press think they will be the tractor....

opywjuo0b.gif

rass

commanderdeek said:
Man, wtf happened to lego? That doesn't even look like lego.
It's not regular lego, it's to build like a city out of I'm pretty sure, you can get several different buildings.

viciouskillersquirrel said:
I don't recall ever seeing this alleged jelly fanta. I did see grape fanta and heated vending machine coffee in abundance, however. In a can, no less.

I can however, offer you... Um... A small egg-shaped stone carved into the likeness of a frog? I found it amusing.
haha I jest. I have so many bloody nick nicks that I bought with the intention of giving them to people and then kept because I'm an asshole.
Jelly Fanta was a vending machine staple for me, but it was only in certain style vending machines which weren't that widespread. I was also addicted to the can sized aluminium bottled coke. Awesome. Fun Fact - I bought a Glass jar containing 3 kit kats from a vending machine near Kyoto.

Omi said:
Stream the cricket every year at work. :D
Same. Except I'm streaming channel nine since all FTA channels are streamed throughout the office.

rass said:
I have so many bloody nick nicks that I bought with the intention of giving them to people and then kept because I'm an asshole.
Yeah my wife and I do that with such terrifying regularity that we've started buying two of little things that we buy for other people.

Agyar

I turned my 360 on again this morning and it booted up without issue, so I'm holding off on sending it for repair. I'll try playing something on it tonight and see if it continues to have red ring issues.

What are other people's experiences with their 360s, is mine likely to be dying a slow death?

giri

Agyar said:
I turned my 360 on again this morning and it booted up without issue, so I'm holding off on sending it for repair. I'll try playing something on it tonight and see if it continues to have red ring issues.

What are other people's experiences with their 360s, is mine likely to be dying a slow death?

The one i sent in for repair did this, took a further 2 months to fully die.

Danoss

jambo said:
Wait, so 9 really aren't showing the cricket in HD on GEM?

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO HD TV IN AUSTRALIA?!?!?!
You mean how they barely broadcasted much in HD to begin with and now seem to take the attitude of: "well, since we didn't do much in HD anyway, might as well do something else with those channels instead"?

EDIT: way late, didn't refresh the page for a while :S

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
You mean how they barely broadcasted much in HD to begin with and now seem to take the attitude of: "well, since we didn't do much in HD anyway, might as well do something else with those channels instead"?

EDIT: way late, didn't refresh the page for a while :S

as an advertiser i would think like this

geez i wonder what the FUCK is going to rate more, the ashes or some fucked up old episode of friends

i wonder...........

Agyar

giri said:
The one i sent in for repair did this, took a further 2 months to fully die.

Should I let it fully die or just send it in? No idea how their repair process works but I don't want to end up in a situation where I send it in, they turn it on and it works then I get it back unchanged.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I played the first hour and a bit of Epic Mickey. I'm getting real 64-era platformer vibes from it, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the person. I'm loving it.

Danoss

Choc said:
as an advertiser i would think like this

geez i wonder what the FUCK is going to rate more, the ashes or some fucked up old episode of friends

i wonder...........
Unfortunately, I think Ch9 thinks like this:

"We could show the cricket on 9 and GEM and have one advertising revenue stream or we can get people who don't watch the cricket on 9 to watch shitty reruns and sell different ads on GEM and GO."

Choc

Banned
the ad revenue on GEM is not worth the bother of running it to be honest

i've seen the rates its significantly cheaper then 9

HD in this country is FUCKED

Sky in UK is showing it in HD

so you know what that the cameras are at the fucking game, 9 just chose not to use them

useless

legend166

Rez said:
I played the first hour and a bit of Epic Mickey. I'm getting real 64-era platformer vibes from it, which could be a good or bad thing depending on the person. I'm loving it.

I love my 64-era platformers, so that sounds good to me.

Choc

Banned
its about time someone takes the TV stations to task for urging people to buy HD TVs so they can get HD Content and sports

2 years later only TEN has HD channel

someone needs to fuck htem up over that because that is blatant loads of bullshit

Danoss

I agree 100%. I hear they are forced to have a certain ratio of HD to SD channels. The problems is there is nothing to make them actually show anything in HD.

Again, I wonder what the point of owning an HDTV in Australia is?

pilonv1

I'm 100% convinced it's ratings related.

Put Cricket on 9 SD and GEM, get a split rating.

Put Cricket on 9 SD only, get a big rating on the main channel that garners the main advertising revenue.

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
I agree 100%. I hear they are forced to have a certain ratio of HD to SD channels. The problems is there is nothing to make them actually show anything in HD.

Again, I wonder what the point of owning an HDTV in Australia is?

you can add 3DTV into the equation on this. For us gaming makes it ok, but for everyone else

they should start to get Choice and ACCC in on this shit, its just ridiculous.

Here's the other problem, not even 2 months ago they had a MASSIVE advertisement running on GEM and 9 saying that teh Ashes would be in HD on GEM

even if they put only the weekend in HD it would be better then nothing but it appears not

False advertising at its best. The thing which pisses me off the most IS THE CAMERAS ARE THERE AT THE GROUND BROADCASTING LIVE TO THE UK. so its not like afl finals mark 2 where all the HD shit was in india

Danoss

pilonv1 said:
I'm 100% convinced it's ratings related.

Put Cricket on 9 SD and GEM, get a split rating.

Put Cricket on 9 SD only, get a big rating on the main channel that garners the main advertising revenue.
If that's the case, then that would be a relatively simple thing to resolve. If it's down to ratings, then there's no harm in combining ratings if the same show is played on different channels.

That is assuming that the stations give enough of a shit to want that to change, which is unlikely.

Choc said:
you can add 3DTV into the equation on this. For us gaming makes it ok, but for everyone else
I had a feeling that would be brought up. Perhaps I should have said: what's the point of having a HD TV Tuner? As for 3D TV, that was a joke where the punchline was visible from a long way away.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Make a Cricket thread for fucks sake, mostly so Choc's random spam about someone playing with their balls aren't here.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's not like the ausgaf thread has every solely been about gaming. While i hate cricket i have no issues with people raging over it in here. It's hilarious actually :lol

Clipper

legend166, you might be interested to know that there is now another game option for getting homebrew onto PAL Wiis. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Wheelie Breakers can now be used instead of Lego Indiana Jones. It might be a little easier for you to source...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom