• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

jambo said:
EBGames broke the street release date so JBHiFi Adelaide are selling it.

Gonna run down after work and pick it up for $79 :D
Preordered at the Gepps Cross store I can't get too until tomorrow. Boo. Tomorrow, tomorrow, you're always a day away.

Dead Man

Salazar said:
http://www.smh.com.au/business/poor-gerry-harvey--tell-him-hes-dreaming-20101124-186nm.html

Great article. Shorten should have his balls cut off for even suggesting capitulation to this bullshit. Protectionist scum.
Should have, never will.

pilonv1 said:
Australian retailers were years behind in getting their online stores sorted. Forgive me for not shedding a tear for them now they're woefully under-prepared.
Yeah. As the article says, you still can't buy anything from the HN website. Pathetic. For years I have wanted Aussie retailers to have online purchasing options, and they seem so resistant to it. Compare Kmart.com with the Australian site. At least Kmart in Australia offers SOME online items, Target for instance offers no online shopping I could find on the Australian site, but has a great selection on their US site. Pathetic.

Ydahs

Clipper said:
That sort of stuff is so much easier to set up with a projector ;).

However, I can't talk too much, recently buying a three metre USB extension cable so I can use PlayStation Move while facing the screen...
I'd love a projector, but this solution is much cheaper. A 10m HDMI cable for $25 bucks and I'm set. Though, I do now need a wireless keyboard, but you'd also need that with a projector...

Hmm, any suggestions for a good wireless keyboard? Need to have a range of 7m-10m and possibly through a wall, or else I'll go for the cheap option and buy a $5 3m USB extender to make up for the lack of range.

Bernbaum

Broke my 212HD's ages ago and have been looking for a replacement/upgrade.

Also looking into purchasing some free time of some description. I'd happily pay $50 for, oh I don't know, an extra hour per day.

Kirby102

Speaking of headphones/headsets/etc related to that, I am in need of a new iPhone4 headset, though the one that I have now is taking the piss. It's bendable to the point that you can see the carbon wiring. Not cool. D:

t1dRW.jpg

Are there any good suggestions on which ones I should get? (Also, as a uni student, I'm poor too :( )

ediT: I was thinking of investing in In-Ear ones, can anyone justify if this is a good/bad thing other than "noise cancelling" ?

Rahk

Kirby102 said:
Speaking of headphones/headsets/etc related to that, I am in need of a new iPhone4 headset, though the one that I have now is taking the piss. It's bendable to the point that you can see the carbon wiring. Not cool. D:

Are there any good suggestions on which ones I should get? (Also, as a uni student, I'm poor too :( )

ediT: I was thinking of investing in In-Ear ones, can anyone justify if this is a good/bad thing other than "noise cancelling" ?
In-ears are great. Much better than buds. You don't need ones with noise canceling, they isolate pretty well without it. Ear buds tend to damage your ears since you need to turn up the volume so high to be able to ear outdoors. Canalphones you can hear comfortably at a lower volume.

Check the recommendations at headphone.com.au. Not sure what you budget is, but the RE0s are pretty good: http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=413

Fake edit: Oh, you want something with iPhone controls? Can't really help you there, but my points on in-ear still stand.

Shaneus

Ah, soz... I thought it said it was $15 here. Apologies :)

PS. Still fucked that there's disparity in the prices. Shits me to no fucking end.

Any idea if Prototype is the same price? I remember liking it for a little while when I rented it on 360.

Omikron

The indie pack is fantastic value... might get that.

Too many games to play atm. :x

Edit: Also the gift packs are a good idea, but doesn't everyone have a copy of HL2 by now? :lol

Agyar

Kirby102 said:

If you want iPhone controls, it will cost you a bit more. The Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v was the set I had until I broke them and they're fantastic (and can get found for a lot less on eBay, about $70 last time I checked). If you're on a stricter budget, perhaps the MetroFi 170vi would be even cheaper. Both these sets have a in-line microphone and button for answering calls/pause/play/next track but no volume controls.

I highly recommend in the in-ear canalphones, they really make a massive difference to sound quality and allow you to properly hear music without turning it really loudly to counter outside noise.

So I just got back from Japan. Left with carry-on luggage and a girlfriend, came back with a new suitcase and a fiancé. Yey!

Oh, and some Pocky for Bernbaum. Just one box, mind. I got it at the airport with my last bit of change.

senahorse

GT5 25 Nov 2010 07:35 Brisbane DFPC Onboard with courier driver for delivery

So now it's pic time...

gtready.jpg

Come to me GT5 I am ready for ye :D

awwwkitties.jpg

Kitties be sleeping.

gabba.jpg

The calm before the storm, Gabba before the Ashes starts.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
hamchan said:
Going out to buy GT5 tomorrow even though I never really cared much about the series. The power of hype.
I guarantee you, you won't play the game for more then a couple of hours!

giri

Agyar said:
If you want iPhone controls, it will cost you a bit more. The Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v was the set I had until I broke them and they're fantastic (and can get found for a lot less on eBay, about $70 last time I checked). If you're on a stricter budget, perhaps the MetroFi 170vi would be even cheaper. Both these sets have a in-line microphone and button for answering calls/pause/play/next track but no volume controls.

I highly recommend in the in-ear canalphones, they really make a massive difference to sound quality and allow you to properly hear music without turning it really loudly to counter outside noise.

Why would you worry about sound quality if you're playing them off an iphone?

Choc

Banned
so i started Brotherhood last night. After delaying it for days wondering if i really wanted to play as ezio again i fell right back in. The game is unbelievably polished. It's just insane that they managed to turn this game around so quick and its so big

Just one thing, is the male guy in the animus bits voiced by Stephen Merchant? Because if not it sounds just like him!

my plans for GT5? play around in the arcade mode for a bit and then start career

giri

jambo said:
He could be using Apple Lossless and passing it through an amp...

>_>
I'm just shit stirring, though Apple products are known for average sound quality.

Ironically, this gen of Creative products seem to top out most sound tests. Now if only they had somewhere that sold them retail in au :(

Choc

Banned
anyone picking up epic mickey ?

i want it but not yet but i am worried it is going to become one of those rare gamse

rass

congrats VKS!
Though I notice you didn't bring me back any jelly fanta.

Choc I want to get Epic Mickey but I can't afford it, Jan/Feb if it's still around for me. I think I'd rather Goldeneye/DKCR

ed:
Jambo that looks sick, I fuckin love lego but haven't bought any in years

legend166

Fredescu said:
Bollinger out. Is he injured? He's been our best bowler

Supposedly 'underdone'.

I'd take a 75% Bollinger over a 100% Siddle every single day of the week. Siddle is rubbish. Can't have him and Johnson in the same team, makes it impossible to build up pressure.

I've got Epic Mickey coming from ozgameshop, $40. Hasn't shipped yet though. GT5 shipped from there yesterday. A bit worried about what I'm reading about GT5. A lot of people are saying unless you're a real rev head you won't enjoy it all that much.

senahorse

Well fuck me, I just remembered that during renovations the owner of this house neglected to set up an external antenna. I might have to shoot off to Jaycar and try an internal one, but I have to wait for GT5 to arrive first :(

I LIVE 10 MINUTES WALK from the Gabba and I can't fucking watch the match, if I had known early on I wasn't working I would be there *le sigh*

giri

Fredescu said:
Bollinger out. Is he injured? He's been our best bowler

He's only bowled 22.5 overs in the last 3 months. 22.5 of them last week.

legend166 said:
Supposedly 'underdone'.

I'd take a 75% Bollinger over a 100% Siddle every single day of the week. Siddle is rubbish. Can't have him and Johnson in the same team, makes it impossible to build up pressure.

Completely contrary. Mitch bowls a much more agresive line most of the time, and can go for a few runs because of it (he's either miles out side off, or at the body).

Siddle is a much more conservative bowler and can keep an end tied down. He would work much much better in tandem with a spinner than Mitch would, siddle can go an over with out giving away a single, giving the spinner a few overs to work at the one batsmen.

legend166 said:
For those interested in the Ashes, join us in the Cricket thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241102&page=78

Note: To fully enjoy said thread, you must put irfan on ignore. He's an angry, possibly racist, Indian who seems to absolutely despise Australia and ruins everything :lol

I tried once, but that thread is a giant clusterfuck of racism, pseudo patriotisim, nationalism, bias, and generally low grade discussion. And for once, most of it isn't coming from aussie sport fans.

jambo

commanderdeek said:
Man, wtf happened to lego? That doesn't even look like lego.
It's basically LEGO for adults. You can buy like 10 city style sets like this and make mini towns.

Can't wait to build it, haven't built anything LEGO properly for ages!

legend166

giri said:
Completely contrary. Mitch bowls a much more agresive line most of the time, and can go for a few runs because of it (he's either miles out side off, or at the body).

Siddle is a much more conservative bowler and can keep an end tied down. He would work much much better in tandem with a spinner than Mitch would, siddle can go an over with out giving away a single, giving the spinner a few overs to work at the one batsmen.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. Siddle has no bowling plan. He just bangs it in and hopes that somehow it will be enough. He's got no other strings to his bow. Look at the recent one dayers, especially the match where Mathews and Malinga killed us. Got tonked all over the place.

Bollinger can swing the ball away from the left handers. Considering both of England's openers have a penchant for hanging their bats out early on in an innings, that would be invaluable.

Siddle was the wrong choice and it's going to come back to hurt us.

rass said:
congrats VKS!
Though I notice you didn't bring me back any jelly fanta.

Choc I want to get Epic Mickey but I can't afford it, Jan/Feb if it's still around for me. I think I'd rather Goldeneye/DKCR

ed:
Jambo that looks sick, I fuckin love lego but haven't bought any in years
I don't recall ever seeing this alleged jelly fanta. I did see grape fanta and heated vending machine coffee in abundance, however. In a can, no less.

I can however, offer you... Um... A small egg-shaped stone carved into the likeness of a frog? I found it amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom