• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

rass

Omi said:
New arrival before the new arrival. :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs060.snc6/169063_10150164835702782_678157781_8448106_5568811_n.jpg[IMG]

Now to finish painting...[/QUOTE]
hell yes! From thinkgeek?
I want some pretty hard.

My sister got engaged on the weekend, the pressure is now on me haha. One day.

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
So when on break from ME2 I played some of Pigsy's Perfect 10 on the weekend.

Now THAT is how you do DLC.
When ME2 is a wrap, I'm gonna tidy up the 2010 closet by soldiering through a bunch of DLC - the two packs for Alan Wake and the Pigsy stuff for Enslaved. From the Giantbomb discussion, 'Perfect Ten' appears to implement a radically different gameplay style into the world of Enslaved in a refined way.

Lookin' forward to it.

Omikron

rass said:
hell yes! From thinkgeek?
I want some pretty hard.

My sister got engaged on the weekend, the pressure is now on me haha. One day.

Yahh, company called 'blik' actually makes them, only they won't ship to Aus because of a local distributer than charges the earth for them! Arseholes.

So yeah, thinkgeek is the best bet.

jambo

Oh man I was looking at getting some of those Wall Graphics a couple years back, they look awesome.

Also there are quite a number of net cafes still thriving in Adelaide. People love their CSS.

rass

jambo said:
Oh man I was looking at getting some of those Wall Graphics a couple years back, they look awesome.

Also there are quite a number of net cafes still thriving in Adelaide. People love their CSS.
speaking of CSS, I wish I hadn't reinstalled it, I wasted my weekend :/

Bernbaum said:
When ME2 is a wrap, I'm gonna tidy up the 2010 closet by soldiering through a bunch of DLC - the two packs for Alan Wake and the Pigsy stuff for Enslaved. From the Giantbomb discussion, 'Perfect Ten' appears to implement a radically different gameplay style into the world of Enslaved in a refined way.

Lookin' forward to it.

It is a completely different game to Monkey's storyline, and with that in mind I was surprised by how polished and well it plays. But as much as I enjoyed my hour or so trying it out, I couldn't wait to get back to ME2.

That game has sucked me in hard. For example: Would love to take Miranda to bed, but she won't even talk to me.

Reminds me of high school.

Deeku

Back in the day, I jigged classes and school orchestra practice to play CS. My school was in the city so all we had to do was take off our ties and walk to the net cafes.

Too bad I sucked at CS.

Bernbaum

ClivePwned said:
Miranda is a minx but the trick is
don't chat up jack

either way, if you play your cards right,
there's Tali
Having played her cards right, Femshep now has an arrangement with Kelly Chambers to come up to her private room and 'feed the fish'.

How's that for an obscure sexual euphemism!

Shaneus

So, who's taking next Monday and Tuesday off? All of a sudden, glad I came back to work early from the Christmas/NY holidays.

rass

Shaneus said:
So, who's taking next Monday and Tuesday off? All of a sudden, glad I came back to work early from the Christmas/NY holidays.
I'm taking Thursday to Tuesday off :)
SPRING BREAK!

Shaneus

Something like that. A chance for all people to show off their Southern Cross tattoos because, well, you can only see that from Australia (and, you know THE REST OF THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE).

Ydahs

Shiiiiiiit. My back is all covered in blisters now (with one the size of a 10 cents coin) from the sunburn yesterday. This is going to be a rough few days, but luckily I sleep on my stomach anyway...

Doc said it's a second degree sunburn, which is very serious. Skipped uni today (which is one week of lectures due to compressed summer semester) and won't be able to go footy training for a week, which started today!

rass

Ydahs said:
Shiiiiiiit. My back is all covered in blisters now (with one the size of a 10 cents coin) from the sunburn yesterday. This is going to be a rough few days, but luckily I sleep on my stomach anyway...

Doc said it's a second degree sunburn, which is very serious. Skipped uni today (which is one week of lectures due to compressed summer semester) and won't be able to go footy training for a week, which started today!
I had that on my face once, blisters took 2 weeks to go away. brutal. I sunscreen the fuck up or stay inside now.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ydahs said:

God damn. Hope it doesn't cause too many other problems o_O

also evlcookie you'll be happy to know tomorrow I plan on doing touristy things, I'm going to a chinese garden, then to a 2nd hand bookstore that is apparently in the top 10 of the world (as stated by the irish times!) and then trying to organise to get on a tour to go and see the only castle in the southern hemisphere, then see the worlds steepest street.

HAPPY NOW?

as for today I'm drinking bourbon and continuing my a bit of fry and laurie marathon.

Choc

Banned
HolyCheck said:
also evlcookie you'll be happy to know tomorrow I plan on doing touristy things, I'm going to a chinese garden, then to a 2nd hand bookstore that is apparently in the top 10 of the world (as stated by the irish times!) and then trying to organise to get on a tour to go and see the only castle in the southern hemisphere, then see the worlds steepest street.

HAPPY NOW?

as for today I'm drinking bourbon and continuing my a bit of fry and laurie marathon.

that street is dead set bananas. So many cars cannot get up it, its amazing :)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yes, Happy!

Finally you go and do holiday things instead of sitting in the hotel room sucking up the wifi for starcraft 2. Could have done that at home.

Hit the clubs hard and pickup.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:
Yes, Happy!

Finally you go and do holiday things instead of sitting in the hotel room sucking up the wifi for starcraft 2. Could have done that at home.

Hit the clubs hard and pickup.

Clubs alone = creepy weirdo.

bars and concerts.

but no I cbs doing that, I will be enjoying the sites and sounds! next week i'm going to go looking for kiwis and kakapos.

have had such a shit afternoon. constant arguing is annoying as fucking shit. gonna be a fucking shit tomorrow too. can't. be. fucked.

good news though, i got swelling from a mozzie bite a couple days go, went to the doc's today and the pills (anti-inflammatory) have put the swelling down a little.

Shaneus

Quick question for PC-AusGAF:
For some reason, all my games are locking at 50FPS (according to Fraps) even though my monitor is set to 60hz (and appears so according to Windows and the monitor itself).

WTF, PCAG?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Shaneus said:
Quick question for PC-AusGAF:
For some reason, all my games are locking at 50FPS (according to Fraps) even though my monitor is set to 60hz (and appears so according to Windows and the monitor itself).

WTF, PCAG?
have you checked your Nvidia/ATI control panel to make sure you're niot accidentally forcing some global 50Hz settings?

Shaneus

Rez said:
have you checked your Nvidia/ATI control panel to make sure you're niot accidentally forcing some global 50Hz settings?
Yeah, the monitor's displaying at 60 (according to the OSD and software control panel (CCC). The closest thing I can find is that it has the max monitor refresh rate at 75Hz, an even multiple of 50. But that would be at a lower res... at current, it's definitely 60.

I might try setting the Catalyst driver v-sync setting to "always off" then using something like D3D Overrider to lock v-sync with everything (even overriding game settings) and seeing what happens. Shouldn't have to fuck with it, though.

BUT, I have found a solution to problems with games that either wouldn't run AT ALL with Crossfire enabled, or run poorly: Enable ULPS (which prevents power saving for the second card when running non-Crossfire games) and remove all the custom application profiles for games. Everything runs awesomely now :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Why can't they make T-shirts longer without increasing the actual size of the shirt? I wouldn't mind an extra 2 inches or so on the length, just so when you're reaching up or bending down you're not flashing your wanna be 6 pack to the world. If i had a 6 pack then short tight t-shirts ahoy, But i don't so a little bit of extra length would be nice.

And no, I'm not tucking it in!

giri

evlcookie said:
Why can't they make T-shirts longer without increasing the actual size of the shirt? I wouldn't mind an extra 2 inches or so on the length, just so when you're reaching up or bending down you're not flashing your wanna be 6 pack to the world. If i had a 6 pack then short tight t-shirts ahoy, But i don't so a little bit of extra length would be nice.

And no, I'm not tucking it in!

This is one reason why business shirts cost me so much money, to get length you have ot buy one of the better brands. Completely fucking annoying.

I'm over 6ft tall, give me some damn length in the shirt jerk offs. everyone i know complains about this.

giri said:
This is one reason why business shirts cost me so much money, to get length you have ot buy one of the better brands. Completely fucking annoying.

I'm over 6ft tall, give me some damn length in the shirt jerk offs. everyone i know complains about this.

True that. All I have to do is stretch my arms and my shirts untuck :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
codswallop said:
I'm short. I don't want to look like I'm wearing a nightshirt.

But you could at least have it shortened. I guess you could have a shirt lengthened but it's bound to look a little off.

It's just annoying that in shirt sizes, maybe sizes in general, that you go from say a L to an XL you get the length but it's also making you look twice as big as you are.

Choc

Banned
biggest problem with the obesity epidemic is that clothes manufacturers believe we are all fat and make big clothes that look ridiculous on skinny people

people come in all shapes and sizes you fucking twats.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Have you got a preferred lens for shooting wildlife?

I have a 70-300mm with a polarizer which does me just fine.
When I was in NZ my longest lens was a 135/2 but I would have loved a 300. Now I have a preferred lens for everything, 50mm 1.8
also my only lens :(
a 70-300 would be awesome
so awesome
but I draw more than I take photos at the moment so it could be a looong time before I buy anything.

HolyCheck said:
:( I know.. it's just i'm on a tiny weeeny budget lol
fair enough! We were on a teeny budget but we had some shit handed to us - free car, free accomm for a week - so that helped. Where are you heading after this?

evlcookie said:
But you could at least have it shortened.
Maybe with business shirts but with t-shirts it doesn't work. Different brands seem to have different lengths -- and even different countries have different lengths. When I was in the US a while back I found their t-shirts to be a lot longer than, say, t-shirts in France or the UK.

Choc

Banned
codswallop said:
Maybe with business shirts but with t-shirts it doesn't work. Different brands seem to have different lengths -- and even different countries have different lengths. When I was in the US a while back I found their t-shirts to be a lot longer than, say, t-shirts in France or the UK.

that's because in general

French people are skinny

Americans are bigger

thats why

Europeans generally do not have such an obesity crisis, its amazing how bloody thin most people in France are

Choc said:
that's because in general
French people are skinny
Americans are bigger
thats why
Oh yes, I realise this. I'm tall in France!

The guys here needing bigger shirts could look for US brands if they need longer ones.

teekun

Anyone know what the actual release date for Mass Effect 2 on PS3 is? EB is saying the 27th, but JB has it listed as the 20th. This is going to mean the difference between me buying it this week, or way later. No way in hell I'm getting it the same day as Dead Space 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom