• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar

Gazunta said:
Here's my top 10

The British Gingers - Step On Me
Energy Drink - Take It (dubstep remix)
Pink Hammer - Washington Groove
Par Avion - Questions
NDEV - God Bless America
Evacuation Plan - Are You OK?
Shortcut To D - Three Apples For Me
The Bank (feat. Ella Morton) - Boom Boom Boom
ABXY and the Triggers - Game Over
Ricki Lee Coulter - Turn The Sound Down

I have no idea what the hell you kids listen to any more so making up random bands and song titles makes just as much sense as the gibberish that is the Triple J Hottest 100 to my old eyes and ears

I enjoy a bit of Pink Hammer every now and again.

markot

Banned
Bligh has been amazing imo, she has done great.

And on the topic of hd channels, is it me or are the ads like twice as loud as the regular programming?

legend166

markot said:
Bligh has been amazing imo, she has done great.

And on the topic of hd channels, is it me or are the ads like twice as loud as the regular programming?

Wouldn't surprise me if the regular programming is set up for 5.1 surround, but the ads aren't, so they're just pumped out the two front channels.

It's like the AFL on Channel 10. I think they broadcast in 5.1, but if you don't have you it you can barely hear the crowd because they're set up to go out the other speakers.

That could be completely incorrect, though.

Cohsae

markot said:
I'm pretty sure that this has been the case for every channel ever.
Actually I'd like to see someone do a study on this. Like, maybe the ads only seem louder to you because you hate them so much?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
VOOK said:
Trip to either one of four events around the world.

I know you wouldnt. But you really should go to SXSW out of all of those.

like really.

also make a new thread for it, fuck it, people do it for their bands and what not on gaf to get votes

makes a thread

or some one make one for him so no one calls him a whore

Clipper

Cohsae said:
I'm pretty sure that this has been the case for every channel ever.
Actually I'd like to see someone do a study on this. Like, maybe the ads only seem louder to you because you hate them so much?
There have been studies done on it already. I believe the reason the channels increase the average volume level during the ads is to arrest the subconscious of the viewer. The extra volume causes you to pay more attention or something.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
HolyCheck said:
I know you wouldnt. But you really should go to SXSW out of all of those.

like really.

also make a new thread for it, fuck it, people do it for their bands and what not on gaf to get votes

makes a thread

or some one make one for him so no one calls him a whore

I asked the mods, they didn't reply >_>

Danoss

markot said:
This has been going on for a while on all channels; it's a result of compression for the purpose of loudness. It has been the cause of great debate amongst music lovers and is demonstrated on this Loudness Wars video how it affects music.

HolyCheck

VOOK said:
I asked the mods, they didn't reply >_>

the mods never reply, they just read shit and act, it's a bit annoying

like the time some guy posted the same thing 100+ times in under 2 minutes.. i pm'd evilore.. didnt get a thanks!

you really just need to catch them in a thread or hope theyre reading this

but our resident mod abandoned us months ago :(

Gazunta

Eh, Evilore's been really good about replying to my PM's about whether or not it's OK to start a thread.

He usually says no because it would be promoting one of my commercial products

Edit: Are there any Aussies that are NeoGAF mods?

HolyCheck

Gazunta said:
Eh, Evilore's been really good about replying to my PM's about whether or not it's OK to start a thread.

so I run off and make the thread :p
were they'd post in here, or atleaor onest just make themselves known

we should rally f
I don't know :( You think if there

Gazunta

HolyCheck said:
so I run off and make the thread :p
were they'd post in here, or atleaor onest just make themselves known

we should rally f
I don't know :( You think if there
Right on man, right on
what

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm pretty sure there are no aussie mods. After the crazy aussie event a few years ago i can't see one happening anytime soon.

Not sure if there's a single user who posts in just about every thread and is respected by people. That seems like the way to get mod status going by the new guys.

Frawdder

The volume level difference watching the NBA today is disgusting.

One team calls a time out

"Miami down by a billion, we'll be right back after these messages"

"HEY!! WEDNESDAY THE GOLF IS ON!! YOU LIKE GOLF!! FUCKING GOOOLLF!! F YEAH!!"

AH, my ears!

rass

evlcookie said:
I'm pretty sure there are no aussie mods. After the crazy aussie event a few years ago i can't see one happening anytime soon.

Not sure if there's a single user who posts in just about every thread and is respected by people. That seems like the way to get mod status going by the new guys.
go on…

Fredescu

evlcookie said:
What was GAFs crazy aussie event? Wasn't it an Aussie who went crazy on SA too and broke it for a little while? What is it with our country and crazy people.

evlcookie said:
Not sure if there's a single user who posts in just about every thread and is respected by people.
Choc for mod!

Dead Man

HolyCheck said:
the mods never reply, they just read shit and act, it's a bit annoying

like the time some guy posted the same thing 100+ times in under 2 minutes.. i pm'd evilore.. didnt get a thanks!

you really just need to catch them in a thread or hope theyre reading this

but our resident mod abandoned us months ago :(
Indeed. :(

Gazunta said:

I would lol but instead have this:

2xUYWs.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I thought some aussie hacked gaf and the entire AU IP range got banned.

I could be wrong though. Should be some archival thread about it i would imagine.

Dead Man

evlcookie said:

I could be wrong though. Should be some archival thread about it i would imagine.
That's the story, but it was just before my time (started lurking in 2006 or so)

trinest

evlcookie said:

Eh I don't remember it.

Must be before my time.

But I have herd the story before.

evlcookie said:

Yep, that's the story, the site was down for several days. Can't remember when it happened exactly (I've been following this site for ten plus years....sigh), but after it the mods started acting harshly towards all the Aussies on the site because of the acts of one stupid kid. He was a Nintendo fanboy fyi, if that helps paints a clearer picture for why. :lol

trinest

The Storyteller said:
Yep, that's the story, the site was down for several days. Can't remember when it happened exactly (I've been following this site for ten plus years....sigh), but after it the mods started acting harshly towards all the Aussies on the site because of the acts of one stupid kid. He was a Nintendo fanboy fyi, if that helps paints a clearer picture for why. :lol
Yeah us Nintendo fanboys can get pretty antsy. Probably was just ticked he didn't get his account approved.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
commanderdeek said:
Whoa, vook got a mention on 8-4 podcast! And his website got plugged!

Edit: it was for your photo of Miyamoto.

Me and CVX went out for dinner when I was over there, International-GAF meetup :p

Gazunta said:
Here's my top 10

The British Gingers - Step On Me
Energy Drink - Take It (dubstep remix)
Pink Hammer - Washington Groove
Par Avion - Questions
NDEV - God Bless America
Evacuation Plan - Are You OK?
Shortcut To D - Three Apples For Me
The Bank (feat. Ella Morton) - Boom Boom Boom
ABXY and the Triggers - Game Over
Ricki Lee Coulter - Turn The Sound Down

I have no idea what the hell you kids listen to any more so making up random bands and song titles makes just as much sense as the gibberish that is the Triple J Hottest 100 to my old eyes and ears
I could say the same for you! I've never heard of anyone on your list. Who is this Ricki Lee Coulter you speak of?

evlcookie said:

Well i think off the top of my head that the most likely candidate would be viciouskillersquirrel.

Dead Man

CryptiK said:
To be honest I think Cookie is the only deserving one. Or VOOK
In seriousness, I'd be happy with VOOK, VKS, or Cookie. Or Tntnnbltn or Rez. Or probably any of AusGAF, I just don't know everyone else as much.

Clipper

I do miss Red. She was the mod of almost every thread on GAF that I frequent. Now I can't deal with potential problem posts in the Wii Homebrew thread as easily (although thankfully we've been surprisingly free of closet pirates lately).

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I think my Uvula is inflamed, fuck yeah!

Figured that out this morning while looking into the mirror. I was going to hit up the docs but it doesn't seem like it's life threating, unless i wake up tomorrow and can't breath that is.

Anyone here use a Billion 7800N? I picked one up yesterday and i'm impressed so far. With a basic SNR tweak i've gone from a 4500 connection rate on my belkin to a 6200. I did hit 6400 but i can't remember what i did <smiley laughing face here>

So if anyone has any tips for it, that would be great.

HolyCheck

Dead Man said:
In seriousness, I'd be happy with VOOK, VKS, or Cookie. Or Tntnnbltn or Rez. Or probably any of AusGAF, I just don't know everyone else as much.

Get's my vote for the posts in the how to troll craigslist thread :lol

rass

^^
Gets
cough.

I haven't played minecraft but this made me laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs&feature=player_embedded#!

What's all this talk I hear about an Aussie mod? I'm not sure if we can just nominate people or whatever, since the way they get announced seems to be random and based on whether EviLore likes you.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
viciouskillersquirrel said:
What's all this talk I hear about an Aussie mod? I'm not sure if we can just nominate people or whatever, since the way they get announced seems to be random and based on whether EviLore likes you.

There is no talk. Someone asked if there was one and we don't believe there is. Chances of their being one would be slim and we certainly don't need one monitoring this thread nothing exciting happens in here ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom