• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

I got my plush toys from Super Potato in Akhihabara. FUCK YES

Help me please

In my defence, somebody else shipped me over there

Ydahs

Soooo, is anyone interested in starting a GAF AFL Dream Team league? Would be pretty fun, but we need at least 10-ish for it to really work.

Posted this in the AFL thread too. If we get enough I wouldn't mind making the league.

BSS

Mar said:
There's a shop in Kensington on Anzac PDE just before the huge roundabout that has lots of Nintendo stuffed toys. Can't guarantee pokemon stuff though.

Actually they've moved to Randwick now. On Belmore Road. I pass it on the way home. I'm pretty sure it's called KareBear.

legend166

So apparently e had a black out last night and I think it killed my modem. TPG said there were no faults and the computer won't even stay connected to the modem itself (it's a router too).

Omikron

Ydahs said:
Soooo, is anyone interested in starting a GAF AFL Dream Team league? Would be pretty fun, but we need at least 10-ish for it to really work.

Posted this in the AFL thread too. If we get enough I wouldn't mind making the league.

Replied, you need to create a league for DT and Supercoach, get them posted in the OP and first come first serve. ;)

Shit, AusGAF really died today.

How was everyones weekend? Introduced my gf to Dominion on Friday night, ended up playing about a dozen games with her over the weekend :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
BanShunsaku said:

How was everyones weekend? Introduced my gf to Dominion on Friday night, ended up playing about a dozen games with her over the weekend :)

:O nice!

i went out with some friends lastnight for drinks in the CBD some small festival opening, then hit a bar for a bit then went back to a friends apartment buildign to play pool until the wee hours

today i've spent it sleeping in bed.. now im playing starcraft2 bejewelled!

Jintor

Had a long-ass meeting for a convention today, spent most of the train ride back and all the time since playing 999

Also thinking about mortality

Mar

Jintor said:
Also thinking about mortality

023-1.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It's valentines day tomorrow, I look forward to getting something from the girls at work.

Oh wait, They all have partners.

NdXAc.png

Rez was also in steam chat but has now vanished, It's safe to say we have scared him off after a few days. That's how it goes in steam chat :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I've just been busy reformatting my computer and updating from XP to 7. I'll be back in the Steam chat eventually.

rass

ahhhh shit. I forgot about valentines day, I hope breakfast in bed makes up for me forgetting to do a painting this year :/

valentines day is a crock.

As for the weekend I spent friday evening getting drenched riding to torquay, Saturday at the beach and most of today moving furniture for my sister. BEST WEEKEND EVER!

speedpop said:
If it's any consolation evlcookie, I'm going to see Billy Connolly tomorrow.

Can't fucking wait to see him next month. I thought he wasn't going to tour again and i wouldn't be able to catch him live, can't wait for the oppurtunity.

I'm taking my Dad along and hes a huge fan (but has never seen him live). It's funny that hes such a big fan because he looks just like him, especially when he was younger.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
evlcookie said:
It's valentines day tomorrow, I look forward to getting something from the girls at work.

Oh wait, They all have partners.

NdXAc.png

Rez was also in steam chat but has now vanished, It's safe to say we have scared him off after a few days. That's how it goes in steam chat :D

I'll be sitting alone at home probably watching tv, then going to work and getting nothing then coming home and sitting up watching tv.

BanShunsaku said:

I went to Good Vibes on Saturday. I saw dancing stormtroopers, tits, drugs, got given condoms and discovered Aloe Blacc. (who is one cool dude)

I had a weird weekend. Went to a good mates 22nd and ended up leaving early cos our ride had to. Didn't end up having a great time anyway, people who don't like me pretty much cut me and my girlfriend out of the night. Ended up going back to her dad's and drank and watched Jeff Dunham's three DVDs (he is fucking hilarious, Peanut is awesome).

(Melbournites, if you have been down Little Bourke St before, we went to Softbelly, it's a nice little pub with free-to-rent function rooms.)

I saw ME1/2 PC prices at ebgames, I nearly shit myself. ($40/60) So I'm not sure how I'm gonna play ME1 before 2 like I want to.

Crysis 2 beta looks very cool, might consider purchasing it day 1 considering my birthday is a week or two before so I can save up some money for it. Even if I end up not liking it I can use it as a benchmark. =P

Choc

Banned
i downloaded Killzone 3 demo

played it for 5 minutes and realised the over the top dudebro style game is not for me anymore

weird

i don't like it and i don't think its that good :|

Shaneus

I'm over dudebro games and ones that use piss-yellow filters for "realism". Shit, when I walk outside I see blue skies and green grass and NOTHING is in sepia. If Dirt 3 has that same filter I'll be crushed :(

I play games that I find fun. Dudebro or no.

All that talk of Dragon Age recently made me pick it back up again and put in about six hours over the weekend. It seems I'd sunk about 25 hours into it already which I couldn't remember at all, but a couple of hours back in and I was remembering a few details here and there.

That said, I had trouble keeping up with who was who and why I should care about them. But I remember having the same trouble when I was playing it earlier anyway.

My next problem is whether to buy the Awakening expansion on its own or to get the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC. Is the DLC worth it (I find it's usually not, especially after just playing through all the Fallout 3 DLC with the GOTY Edition)? Will the game let me continue my save from Origins if I started playing with the Ultimate Edition?

Agyar

BanShunsaku said:

I introduced Bernbaum to Dominion yesterday as well, played through some set supplies from base set and Intrigue. Pretty sure he's hooked now as well, along with a few others from regular board gaming group. Alchemy should arrive this week but I've found out that it's regarded as the weakest expansion (if not universally disliked), so I might have to get Seaside on the way earlier than expected.

Aon

codswallop said:
Is the DLC worth it (I find it's usually not, especially after just playing through all the Fallout 3 DLC with the GOTY Edition)? Will the game let me continue my save from Origins if I started playing with the Ultimate Edition?

The game will let ya continue your save perfectly well, essentially you will be adding a UE CD key to your Bioware Social account and then it'll all work fine.

As for the DLC, most of it is pretty bare bones. It follows the normal Dragon Age model of long dungeon filled with monsters with some story exposition at the beginning and end. Problem is that all the story exposition is pretty damn light, so unless you're into the combat side of things the DLC won't really have a lot to offer. Most of the pieces take 1 to 1.5 hours I think, from memory. All of them heavily recycle awakenings or origins maps as well, there is noted lack of new art or voice assets. What I'm trying to say is they feel a bit tacky ><

Awakenings on the other hand does some weird stuff, like setting you up as the Arl of some Arling and making you play kind for a while, which is sort of neat. It's pretty meaty content with a bunch of new decently fleshed out companions, although it is strictly more DA. So if you're feeling at all burnt out on DA, Awakenings is a bad idea. If you're chomping at the bit though, it's about as good as most of the Origins content.

And Choc, isn't the morale of the PA "Calm the fuck down its not the end of the world"? I think that's the message that Gawker's trying to get across, rather than that some guy really doesn't like it. That's who the comic is lampooning, not Gawker.

jambo

Friday night watched the footy with my housemates. Was pretty disappointed with Port, but it's NAB Cup so it doesn't really matter.

Saturday went down to IKEA and grabbed a few more odds and ends for around the house then that night went to a mates engagement party. A mate and I took over the mixer and were fucking around with it all night, good fun. Open bar was awesome, I had way too much Pale! Also got to wear my new suit that I picked up last week, going to wear it to work tomorrow, can't wait to see everyone's reactions.

Sunday slept in then watched Sin City, such a great film, then played some Duke Nukem 3D and finally watched the footy with my housemate and his parents. They're Freo supporters so they were a little disappointed, but happy to get through the first round of the NAB Cup with no injuries haha

Aon said:
The game will let ya continue your save perfectly well, essentially you will be adding a UE CD key to your Bioware Social account and then it'll all work fine.
Sorry, should've mentioned it's on the 360. I assume it'll work, but sometimes games show up as "GOTY" if you look at achievements, for instance.

Aon said:
As for the DLC, most of it is pretty bare bones.
That's what I thought. I think I'll just go for the expansion -- I'm not burnt out yet, since I picked up the game after not playing it for about six months. Just finished the third alliance sections so I doubt there's more than 30% of the game to go.

legend166

I finished Chaos Theory over the weekend.

The games I'll be playing over the next month or so:

New Vegas - Haven't played it in a couple of weeks. I think I'm near the end. I'll probably just finish it instead of continuing to do a bunch of side quests. I've played it for around 25 hours, really enjoyed it. I don't need much more.

Epic Mickey - Picked this up again after putting it down before Christmas. It's flawed, but I'm still enjoying it. It's a good foil to New Vegas and my next game...

Assassin's Creed II - Playing this on the 360 because my brother's mate lent us his copy. Started it yesterday and put about 3-4 hours into it yesterday. Really enjoying it. Much better than the first one.

Once I finish those three I'll pick up de Blob 2. The question is, what system?

Omikron

Played Day of Defeat: Source for the first itme on the weekend, its really just CS in a WW2 setting tbh. Not sure if I particularly enjoyed it or not.

On the other side of the coin, all the baby furniture is put together. 2 months til no sleep 8)

Danoss

Aon said:
And Choc, isn't the morale of the PA "Calm the fuck down its not the end of the world"? I think that's the message that Gawker's trying to get across, rather than that some guy really doesn't like it. That's who the comic is lampooning, not Gawker.
I think the comic is a representation of PA's and everone elses feelings about the horrendous layout. It's apparent if you read Tycho's post on PA today.

Choc

Banned
is it just me or has Xbox Classics on the 360 gone the way of the dodo? i can't find it in the dash and i wanted to see what was on offer, was keen to play some chaos theory! :(

Stackboy

Think I'm really close to finishing RDR, hit the 3rd city and I get the feeling about 90% of the way through.

After I finish that I'm going to start Assassins Creed 2, also picking up M Vs C 3.

I still don't get what's so wrong with the new Gawker layout other than it being different. Then again, I don't read too many Gawker sites regularly, usually read over RSS (since they're not full-text feeds, I usually only see the single article view).

It does break the "back" button behaviour on the browser though.

Stackboy said:
Think I'm really close to finishing RDR, hit the 3rd city and I get the feeling about 90% of the way through.
IIRC there was a fair bit after you open up the last town.

Agyar

Choc said:
is it just me or has Xbox Classics on the 360 gone the way of the dodo? i can't find it in the dash and i wanted to see what was on offer, was keen to play some chaos theory! :(

They're in Games on Demand now.

Gazunta

Spent the weekend preparing the house to be out-of-town-relative worthy :/

Oh, fell in teenage love with Stacking. This is my kind of game. If you don't buy it I will hate you in the FACE.

Played some pool, I am getting better at it but still suck. And the Mana Bar was crazily empty last night.

Besides that, wrote this week's set of comics about Aussie Battler Bogans that live on Struggle Street, and made some more preparations for Supanova. Only a month and a half to go AAAAAAAH PANIC TIME.

hamchan

Stackboy said:

After I finish that I'm going to start Assassins Creed 2, also picking up M Vs C 3.
Still quite a ways to go in RDR. No matter what keep playing until the credits. A lot of people missed out on the actual ending.

From http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/ :

Special Announcements:
TRUE CRIME: We are sorry we did not get a chance to complete this project with Activision, but we understand why. We are both committed to doing quality games and nothing less. Maybe we will have a chance to work together in the future, but in the meantime we are setting our creative sights on a different horizon. You can keep up with the latest developments at UFG here on our site.
I wonder if this means True Crime might have another shot at coming out with another publisher.

hamchan said:
No matter what keep playing until the credits. A lot of people missed out on the actual ending.
This.

Gazunta said:
It's an Activision property.
I figured Activision probably owned it. They could always aim to buy it and shop it around, I guess. Some accounts have the game being pretty ordinary though, so probably not worth the time and effort.

jambo

I really need to play more RDR. I finally started it last week but it didn't pull me in that much so I haven't played it again since.

jambo said:
I really need to play more RDR. I finally started it last week but it didn't pull me in that much so I haven't played it again since.
If you like Westerns at all, you should just dick around for a bit. Just about every cliche you can think of is in there at some point. My favourite is dragging someone behind the horse down main street.

Agyar

Danoss said:
No PC version? That's a shame.

Double Fine actually answer this on their web site and Tim Schafer has spoken about it before.

Double Fine said:
Why no PC versions of Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, or Stacking?

As a developer we do not have final say in the sku plan for our games. That is the decision of the person investing the money, i.e. the publisher. We have much of the technology in place to produce PC versions of all these games, but there is still some more work required to make them shippable and that costs money. So far, our publishers have not elected to fund that work. Not because they hate PC Gamers, but because they don't see enough financial reward. Double Fine does care about PC Gamers, and we always push for a PC version, and will continue to do so in the future. If we ever get super stinking rich here, with enough money to fund PC versions of our games, then we will go back and make them ourselves! Oh man, wouldn't that be cool?

If I ask you twenty times a day for a PC version, on Twitter, and Facebook, and in the comments of any news item announcing a new game, then will you do it?

No. Every time that happens it make my eye twitch and I take a dollar out of the "PC Port Fund" jar.

So, why no PC versions of Brütal Legend, Costume Quest, or Stacking?

See? I can't win.

TL;DR version: You're all pirates and there's no money in making games for you.

Gazunta

Well, it is. It's not like releasing on PC is any cheaper, development time wise, than releasing on a console. Whatever time you make up by not having to meet a console manufacturer's technical requirement checklist you lose in ensuring maximum compatibility across video cards etc. Hassle THQ if you want to see Stacking on PC
and in the meantime buy it on a console you bastards

Omikron

Gazunta said:
Well, it is. It's not like releasing on PC is any cheaper, development time wise, than releasing on a console. Whatever time you make up by not having to meet a console manufacturer's technical requirement checklist you lose in ensuring maximum compatibility across video cards etc. Hassle THQ if you want to see Stacking on PC
and in the meantime buy it on a console you bastards

What a pity I don't own either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom