• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend166

markot said:
How is the audio quality and GPS on your Galaxy S Legend?!

Haven't really used GPS yet. I've got one in my car already.

Audio quality is great.

Also, I'm waiting for Darksiders from Zavvi. They shipped it on September 2nd.

Axiom

Desperately trying to not buy the Reach console.

It helps that for new release games like Reach and Mafia II the most stores only offer $40. So nice looking though...

Agyar

Megadrive said:
I WANT A HTC WILDFIRE BUT IT'S $375 AND ON TELSTRA.

Wildfire looks fairly so-so, especially the screen resolution. I'll sell you my iPhone 3G for, unlocked and you can go with any carrier you want!

trinest

Agyar said:
Wildfire looks fairly so-so, especially the screen resolution. I'll sell you my iPhone 3G for, unlocked and you can go with any carrier you want!
Both are pretty meh- just wait for the end of the year- new Android devices and Windows Mobile 7 ones.

Shaneus

Found the strangest thing while googling around for a way to get Powerslide working on Windows 7... an ACTIVE Powerslide discussion forum!!1. I'm as surprised as you guys (presumably) are that there are still a number of people regularly playing it. Wow.

If only we could get it to run consistently at an insane resolution, I'd be happy. That, or a port to XBLA/PSN.

Ydahs

b6zogh.png

Darklord

Banned
Damn, JB have some good prices at the moment. They have a buy 2 get 1 free deal with those $18 games. I didn't realize some of them are like Batman: AA and Red Faction: Guerrilla. That's damn cheap. Bioshock 2 is $34 too. What the hell? Did it bomb here or something?

Kane & Lynch 2 is already $59. Only came out a few weeks ago.:lol

Shaneus

Darklord said:
Damn, JB have some good prices at the moment. They have a buy 2 get 1 free deal with those $18 games. I didn't realize some of them are like Batman: AA and Red Faction: Guerrilla. That's damn cheap. Bioshock 2 is $34 too. What the hell? Did it bomb here or something?

Kane & Lynch 2 is already $59. Only came out a few weeks ago.:lol
$18 games? Where?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
After owning RF:G for like a year and finally starting to play it these past weekends, I'm not a huge fan of it.

The gunplay is just off and while i know people will say hammer and explosions!! They aren't all that useful when you piss off the bad guys and there's 40 of them all around the place and they just keep on coming too.

As much as i would like to be a space asshole, it's a little to hard and troublesome.

Agyar

evlcookie said:
After owning RF:G for like a year and finally starting to play it these past weekends, I'm not a huge fan of it.

The gunplay is just off and while i know people will say hammer and explosions!! They aren't all that useful when you piss off the bad guys and there's 40 of them all around the place and they just keep on coming too.

As much as i would like to be a space asshole, it's a little to hard and troublesome.
The most enjoyable way to play that game is on Easy. Difficulty has no effect on achievements and makes no change to the demolition challenges (one of the most fun things in the game). Normally I play things on a harder difficulty but in RF:G you're better off just going nuts on Easy.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Agyar said:
The most enjoyable way to play that game is on Easy. Difficulty has no effect on achievements and makes no change to the demolition challenges (one of the most fun things in the game). Normally I play things on a harder difficulty but in RF:G you're better off just going nuts on Easy.

I think i'm playing on normal, whatever the default setting was. I've considered switching to easy, I wasn't sure if there would be a noticeable difference.

I might try change it this weekend and see how it all goes.

Ydahs

trinest said:
Why are you using Firefox?
Because I'm fine with it. Boots up in the first ten seconds of Windows loading too, so there's nothing really involved now other than preference.

I also gave the MSN icon evil eyes.

Choc

Banned
Clarification for those who keep asking me

EBGames has the madcatz controllers exclusive for RB3

The madcatz controls are third party and not the ones that Harmonix are building

Hence, the instruments ARE NOT exclusive to Ebgames

Mar

Choc said:

The madcatz controls are third party and not the ones that Harmonix are building

Thank Raptor Jesus for that.

teekun

Choc said:

Are Harmonix actually building any instruments themselves for RB3, besides the keyboard?

Agyar

By the way, I do actually want to sell my iPhone 3G so if anybody is interested, shoot me a PM. It's in excellent condition, no marks or scratches on the screen, very minimal imperfections on the metal band and back panel and is carrier unlocked.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mar said:
I guess I have money in my main bank account now. To Giantbomb or not Giantbomb...
I'd wait and see how it pans out over the next month. And by 'I would', I mean 'I am'.

Mar

Rez said:
I'd wait and see how it pans out over the next month. And by 'I would', I mean 'I am'.

I Giantbombed... Although had immediate buyer remorse as I remembered I was supposed to do something else with that money... Oh well. I had to do it eventually anyway and there was always going to be a million excuses for not doing it.

So, where's this 'premium profile' content? Don't tell me it's just the linking from site to site...

Mar

I feel kind of weird about the whole thing to be honest. As much as I'm happy to give them my 80 dollars or whatever it's going to work out to after conversion, that's for previous entertainment they've given me. I've never felt entirely comfortable with what they have become over the last number of months. They are more Whiskey Media than Giant Bomb these days.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wonder if some of the premium content will pop up on torrents/usenet.

That would be the saddest and funniest thing :lol

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
I wonder if some of the premium content will pop up on torrents/usenet.

That would be the saddest and funniest thing :lol

The Ricky Gervais podcast which was also a charge podcast (and made him about 3 million pounds a month) was one of the most pirated mp3s in history

so yes it will happen unfortunately

Shaneus

Well, I've ordered the Maximus PS3 USB exploit thingy, should get it Friday. If I manage to work out how to transfer recorded PlayTV stuff over FTP with the homebrew app, I'll let you all know (in case I wasn't the only person wanting to know how/if it works).

Mar

Choc said:
btw did they get enough subscribers to make GBombcast f ree?

Yep, the bombcast is free. Another thing that doesn't sit well with me is that they never explained this to people who bought prior to the newest bombcast coming out. It's entirely possible many bought their subs because they were told they were going to lose half their podcast.

Agyar

Choc said:
btw did they get enough subscribers to make GBombcast f ree?

They did. Now all the cheapskates whose only protest against a paid subscription was the altered Bomcast format will have to come up with some other reason for not paying.

Choc

Banned
Mar said:
Yep, the bombcast is free. Another thing that doesn't sit well with me is that they never explained this to people who bought prior to the newest bombcast coming out. It's entirely possible many bought their subs because they were told they were going to lose half their podcast.

ding ding fuckin ding, exactly why i was in the first place subscribing :)

but hmm ill give them a month to see what they can do

Choc

Banned
*said in really fast voice*

oh my gosh ico and shadow of collosus getting HD updates ps3 confirmed in this weeks famitsu oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh*

to be announced at TGS

saweeeeeeeeeeet

legend166

Choc said:

Harmonix aren't building any controllers for Rock Band 3.

Madcatz took over and Harmonix shut down their hardware department.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
*said in really fast voice*

oh my gosh ico and shadow of collosus getting HD updates ps3 confirmed in this weeks famitsu oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh*

to be announced at TGS

saweeeeeeeeeeet

meh

legend166

Ico and SotC are probably the most overrated games I've ever played.

I mean, put them together into one game and you might have something approaching competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom