• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agyar

With it posted on OzBargain, chances of Amazon honouring the error are slim to none. Hundreds of tools ordering tens of copies to sell on eBay means they won't have enough stock to fill the orders even if they wanted to.

Mar

Perhaps it isn't an error though. Maybe they have an assload of stock they want to get rid of. Maybe blu-ray isn't doing so well now with digital distribution? Either way, I don't believe blu-ray will get anywhere near the saturation of DVD.

Clipper

Yeah, I wouldn't bother ordering now. It's almost certainly in error and they have every right to deny it from everyone if they want.

I still remember the day I got this, just for the fun of it:
order.jpg

Needless to say, it didn't end up being shipped (the store in question apparently didn't even sell TVs).

jambo

Flying to Sydney tonight for business then on to Melbourne tomorrow night.

Any recommendations for food in the Hyde Park area?

Fredescu

markot said:
Is the Xperia x10 good >.<?

Im thinking of getting it from optus, anyone here got one?!
I've heard complaints that the interface is a bit sluggish and that it's still stuck on Android 1.6. Not sure if those issues have been fixed yet.

I love the x10 mini pro personally. So tiny, and a nice hardware keyboard. Web browsing probably wouldn't be so nice on the small screen though.

markot

Banned
Music player is my main concern really >.< I just want one device instead of my oldish ipod + phone.

And no, I dont want an iphone >.>

Fredescu

There are heaps of different Android music players, so you should be fairly spoiled for choice. Only thing that might be limiting is if the x10 still hasn't updated from 1.6, there might be a nice player that doesn't run on the older OS version. Don't want the Galaxy S?

Agyar

jambo said:
Why not?

It comes with a beret so you can look hip when you sip your coffee at Starbucks.

I drink coffee at a boutique roastery, which serves only organic free-trade coffee in a converted warehouse store furnished entirely by cast-away items and staffed exclusively by plaid-wearing, moustached hipster-folk.

Get it right.

Mar

jambo said:
It comes with a beret so you can look hip when you sip your coffee at Starbucks.

I'd hope most Apple users are more sophisticated to know not to drink starbucks coffee.

jambo

I dunno, I don't drink tea or coffe. I just remember when I was in San Francisco everyone had iPhones and there were Starbucks everywhere.

Everyone in Brisbane has iPhones, it seems. They're not that special anymore. I have one - it's actually pretty handy.

But yeah, the phones available in Australia before the iPhone came out were rubbish. Apple came along and forced everyone to lift their game.

Mar

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Everyone in Brisbane has iPhones, it seems. They're not that special anymore.

Same in Sydney. It used to be a hoity toity device but now everyone and their mother has one. It's rare to see another type of phone these days.

jambo

I know that HTC has a larger market share in the US than Apple, but what's the Aussie smartphone market like? Anyone have any links on hand?

Megadrive said:
So it seems like Day of Defeat Source is an AusGAF game, at least for a bit. Everyone should play it tomorrow night.
Loving it at the moment, such a good game for rifle gunplay. The crack of the kar98k is delicious!

Fredescu

jambo said:
I know that HTC has a larger market share in the US than Apple, but what's the Aussie smartphone market like? Anyone have any links on hand?
Sounds like the data is hard to come by. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aus...pfrogs-apple-ios/story-e6frgakx-1225906035139

"Figures for the Australian market share data are not available, "because the vendors won't split out their shipment or revenue data", according to a spokeswoman for Gartner Australia.

But most observers believe that after a slow start Android is now doing very well Down Under, with handsets pouring from multiple makers, including HTC, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson and Motorola."

Agyar

jambo said:

Android has a larger market share, not HTC. Manufacturer-wise, RIM is the largest, I believe (followed by Apple).

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
Everyone in Brisbane has iPhones, it seems. They're not that special anymore. I have one - it's actually pretty handy.

But yeah, the phones available in Australia before the iPhone came out were rubbish. Apple came along and forced everyone to lift their game.
I for one, don't.

I know more people with HTC Desires than iphone users >< (excluding all the people with HTC Dreams).

jambo said:
Flying to Sydney tonight for business then on to Melbourne tomorrow night.

Any recommendations for food in the Hyde Park area?
Burgerfuel at King's Cross is worth a look (right under the Coke sign), or try the restaurant strip at Cockle Bay Wharf. Both are walking distance if you're reasonably fit.

jambo

Hopefully my order will still somehow come through =P

In regards to the smartphones, I meant Android not HTC >_>

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aus...-no-1-smartphone/story-e6frgakx-1225879621669

IDC said the iPhone's Australian market share increased from 10.2 per cent during the first calendar quarter of 2009 to 40.3 per cent during the same period for 2010

During the same period, Google's Android handsets increased their share from 0.6 per cent to 2.1 per cent.

RIM's BlackBerry lost 4 per cent share, but its unit shipments grew 10 per cent due to an overall expansion of the smartphone market.

Mar

As I sit here on a mild spring night, my Macbook Air fans screaming to cool the system down with nothing open but Firefox. I'm reminded I need to get rid of this anchor before summer hits.

No way in hell I'm getting anything done in 40 degree heat.

Rez said:
Oh, wow, just discovered this thread.

Dude...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Omi said:
New people that don't use this forum and just stick to the general area?

Happens.

But they used the original thread, that's my point. It wasn't like the old thread existed and then vanished with no talk about it being shut down and restarted as something else in a new location.

No one just finding this is new either.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The old thread just vanished off my subscribed list. It was locked and then fell off my front page before I got to see it.

evlcookie said:
But they used the original thread, that's my point. It wasn't like the old thread existed and then vanished with no talk about it being shut down and restarted as something else in a new location.

No one just finding this is new either.

Sorry but you're wrong. We shouldn't be there and people not finding this until now is proof. Nobody frequented the thread as much as you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom