• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccas

Eye problems run in my family and I get regular checkups, but I'm petrified something will happen with it. On the other hand I get to (legally) smoke weed if I have Glaucoma right?

Congratulations on your good news Kritz, did you listen to some music in celebration?

Kritz

Banned
Maccas said:
Congratulations on your good news Kritz, did you listen to some music in celebration?

This is the stupidest fucking response ever, but the first thing I did was pet my kitty hear her purr again.

reptilescorpio said:
Congrats dude! May I ask what happened to the other 50%? Being unable to hear is definitely one of my biggest fears, so much that I have always listened to music a bit softer than most people.

Whooole bunch of medical issues as a kid. If it helps, I don't remember not having terrible hearing. So it's not like I miss full hearing. It's not that bad, but I don't have uhhh... sound depth perception. I can't locate sounds. If a phone rings, me finding it is basically trail and error. And walking with friends with them on the wrong side of me means I can't hear shit in a conversation. And I can't listen to The Beatles with headphones because they split their songs into two separate halves for different headphones :<.

Maccas

Sorry, I know if it was me that would be the first thing I went to do. If I offended or misunderstood, I apologise.

Edit: I came back to post the worst analogy I've ever heard from our PM tonight. If you get blocked off from going home, would you wait there forever or find another way. Maybe I've beaten her level though.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Gillard on Q and A just said that australians will not be extradited to America if death penalty is on the cards.

Assange!

Maccas

I doubt he would try and spring that question on her about sharing information if he didn't have proof. Also sharing information on terrorists =/= sharing information on whatever people think Assange is (assuming you don't consider him a terrorist).

Had my 22nd birthday weekend (Friday-Monday, actual bday was on Sunday 13th) and got Skate 3 (finally, loving it), my girlfriend bought me, herself and her dad (his bday is the 14th) Carl Barron tickets (she bought two sets because the second set is WAY better seats :D). Cannot. Fucking. Wait. Carl is one of Australia's best comics.

had a pretty great weekend, went on Saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday and at 12am Sunday we celebrated mine. Went into his work foyer and had a shot, then went home.

Ydahs said:
Anyone know if there will be 3DS demo stations set up soon?

I played one at Game on Sunday (OoT 3DS). Shit looks cool, hurts my eyes. Will not buy.

Aon

Shogun_and_Japan.jpg

Oh no! Look what's in Shogun 2!

:_______________:

Choc

Banned
markot said:
Pretty sure Australia doesnt extradite anyone if the death penalty is on the table, Aussie or not.

Correct. We held a US prisoner here last month who is up on Murder 1 until the US guaranteed no death penalty

its the guy who allegedly left his wife to die on the barrier reef.

PS. I am giving Nintendo benefit of the doubt again. My eyes no longer hurt with 3DS

Neverender said:
Where in aus was this?
Don't think it was in Australia. Looked like Spanish or Portuguese text on the title.

Basically this little kid is bullying a bigger kid, hitting him a few times, slapping him around a bit. The bigger kid snaps, picks him up, and does a full in pile driver into the concrete.

HolyCheck

codswallop said:
Don't think it was in Australia. Looked like Spanish or Portuguese text on the title.

Basically this little kid is bullying a bigger kid, hitting him a few times, slapping him around a bit. The bigger kid snaps, picks him up, and does a full in pile driver into the concrete.

twas aus, in NSW I believe I saw the schools email somewhere

Danoss said:
Thanks for that man.

Also, good for him. Shame he got suspended though; first the kids pick on him, then the school does.
I dunno it's a shame he got suspended in a Hollywood story kind of way but really regardless of why it happened the kid picked up another kid and slammed him into the concrete... They can't really let that sort of thing go unpunished.

HolyCheck

Danoss said:
Thanks for that man.

Also, good for him. Shame he got suspended though; first the kids pick on him, then the school does.

apparntly the big kid got suspended for 4 days (one assumes, take the week off) and the little kid for 3 weeks or something

edit: http://vimeo.com/21021823 here it is with amazing japanese commentary lol

Kritz

Banned
Maccas said:
Sorry, I know if it was me that would be the first thing I went to do. If I offended or misunderstood, I apologise.

What? Dude, no. I was saying my response was the stupidest thing ever.

You'll have to try a lot harder than that to offend me. :\

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So i got a call from the bank about my current steam issue. From what they have told me, They either attempted to send the money back and valve did nothing or valve didn't request to have the money returned within the 45 day period.

So now i need to email valve and say, what the fuck is up do you not want my money and see what happens from there. Hopefully i can find another way around it all.

Clipper

Somebody already asked for the bullying vid to be converted to an avatar. I find the concept of that disgusting. Sure, the kid was just retaliating for what had probably been building up for ages, but he could easily have snapped the bully's neck. It's certainly not something that should be paraded.

Having said that, I do empathise with the kid. I was bullied a lot at high school and I did snap once too, but only to give the bully a full-on kick to the groin. I do regret doing that, but I guess it did put a stop to most of it.

legend166

I'll say what I said in the thread:

My feeling watching this video (honestly, I can't watch it again. Seeing people dropped on or near their neck makes me feel squirmish) was more of relief than anything. Obviously the bully is a little punk, and I'd never blame Casey for doing what he did, but that could have ended horribly. If he gets dropped on his head, that kid is paralysed or dead. And I think that would have screwed up Casey more than bullying.

I snapped at a bully once, in year 8. Well, it wasn't really a typical bully situation. There was a group of the 'surfer' kids who were just general dick heads. They'd throw stuff at people during lunch, call people names and stuff (I wear glasses, so you can guess what they said to me), and just did general dickery. So one lunch time, a group of us were sitting around, and they were throwing food and crap at us. For around 5 minutes. Everyone was getting annoyed, and I just thought "I'm sick of this crap" and just felt really angry. So I walked over to the guy who was throwing stuff, pushed him into the garden, wrestled with him a bit, eventually got on top and sorta pushed his head into the ground with my knee. I can't remember how it stopped, but the teacher called me over and told me to calm down and that was the end of it.

That story was told many a times throughout the rest of high school.

That guy and his friends never said crap to me again, so it had the desired result. And we even got on friendly terms in year 11/12 when he was in my maths class.

Choc

Banned
the youth of today are the most fucked in the head people around. It's because you are not allowed to hit kids anymore

fucking useless political correctness twats

those of you who like media watch need to watch last nights asap.

First of all they shit all over the ABC24 news network and then call out motoring journalists for going on junkets and not disclosing

it was awesome to watch :)

Kritz

Banned
evlcookie said:
So i got a call from the bank about my current steam issue. From what they have told me, They either attempted to send the money back and valve did nothing or valve didn't request to have the money returned within the 45 day period.

So now i need to email valve and say, what the fuck is up do you not want my money and see what happens from there. Hopefully i can find another way around it all.
AusGAF pax event followed by picketing outside Valve HQ until you get your account back?

justin.au

The bullying video is horrendous. I feel for the kid being bullied, but I'm amazed the little shit bully was able to get up. Get slammed head first into the concrete is lethal shit.

Hopefully the school actually does something to address the issue given the amount of publicity this video has gotten.

justin.au said:
The bullying video is horrendous. I feel for the kid being bullied, but I'm amazed the little shit bully was able to get up. Get slammed head first into the concrete is lethal shit.

Hopefully the school actually does something to address the issue given the amount of publicity this video has gotten.

The school has already, suspending both kids for 4 days (the bullied) and 3 weeks (the bully). The bully also didn't land head first, it was more landing on his front/knees. Trust me, he's fine.

jambo

Choc said:
the youth of today are the most fucked in the head people around. It's because you are not allowed to hit kids anymore

fucking useless political correctness twats

My father and his brothers have told me plenty of stories of fights and crazy shit happening when they were going to school in Broken Hill back in the day. It's not like there was never youth violence and now there is.

In fact, I'm pretty sure crime rates have been dropping in Australia for the past 20 years.

Agyar

Stackboy said:
So is it going to be possible to import MK and if so which online store would be best to order from?

Further to the questions regarding Ozgameshop making MK unavailable, they responded to Serrels on Twitter to point out it is still available via 365games.co.uk.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kritz said:
AusGAF pax event followed by picketing outside Valve HQ until you get your account back?

Maybe.

I sent an email to valve regarding the updated situation and they sent back the usual response, I need to fill out an affidavit that clearly states that they were unable to withdraw the chargeback and more importantly that the chargeback was not due to the credit card being used fraudulently. I have to fax that shit off to valve and their wacky number.

I honestly can't see that happening, Do we even have affidavits in AUS and would they even be legal in the US?

The bank is going to tell me that me xyz and then valve is going to say affidavit up the ass. I think i'm officially screwed, It will just keep going back and forth between the two.

I'm going to reply with a) I'm in AUS and not the US so i'm not too sure if an affidavit will work and b) give me my group access to my new account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom