• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Mar said:
Thanks heaps Clipper for organizing, you're a champion. Thanks cookie for kicking it all off.
Hear! Hear!

Thanks Clipper for making this happen, I'm sure there will be many more SydGAF meetups now that the first one has been orgainsed. Also, evlcookie, if you hadn't turned up in Sydney, this may never have been kickstarted.

It was awesome to meet all of you and I can't wait to do it all again.

Also, I am still quite drunk from it all, that Bulmers cider went down a treat.

Rahk

Good times. Thanks for organising, Clipper. I second the vote for next time to not be on a school night. I have to wake up at 5.30. :(

Danoss

Also, this amused me after our arrival.

ik3Eio.jpg

I remember hearing one of the staff asking "which one of you is Syd Gaf?" when delivering food to the table. That made me laugh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:
We should really have a Radelaide-GAF meet up.

There are enough of us, and we can swap Mii's >_>

no, we must keep an air of mystery about us! and only swap Mii's by chance.

Clipper

Ah, the morning after...

It was great guys, and thanks for all the thanks, but it wasn't that much work. At least we're prepared for next time :). And yeah, thanks again cookie, for not freaking out when we planned this whole event just because you were here. I loved the slightly bemused expression you had whenever I tried to pass the thanks off to you ;). Have a good flight this afternoon.

Also happy to see my number of StreetPass hits has quadrupled... Two from Kirby102 and one from Jintor takes me to four total :p. Plenty of people tried the 3DS for the first time and it was quite amusing to see their faces as they first experienced it. It really did look just like those 3DS commercials...

Shaneus

We should have a Mel Gaf one for when cookie gets back to Melbourne, if only to prove we can do it better than Sydneysiders.

We probably can't, but there are enough of us down here to justify hanging out and having a few drinks anyway.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Sydgaf was, as others have already mentioned a success. It started out a little weird as you would have expected but everyone got into the groove of it all once we started getting a bit of food and booze into us.

I did walk down George st which may have been my highlight, the ladies holy shit! So many stunners, good times.

I was shocked at rahk though, this tall skinny man rides a motorbike, pfft impossible!

Thanks to clip for getting it organised. If it happens again I would think getting a more open table since it seemed like we were split into two main groups. Even still I think the conversations kept flowing in both groups so not a huge deal.

I am now a fan of that booze we drank. I'm not a drinker but I did enjoy the taste and I didn't need to take a leak 30 times within the 4 hours of the meetup.

Caramello said:
Also Cut The Rope, buy Cut The Rope (I only know of games my girlfriend has on her iPhone)
Cut The Rope is awesome fun, much better than Angry Birds.

Bernbaum said:
I have the 'shoulda gotten a black 3DS instead of aqua' blues. The aqua just doesn't go with my ensemble, and the black looks snappy and professional. Hopefully a sexy carry case sorts me out.
Black Texta Time!

Shaneus said:
We should have a Mel Gaf one for when cookie gets back to Melbourne, if only to prove we can do it better than Sydneysiders.
I'm cool with chipping in for a few strippers if that is what it will take to show up those welshmen.

Anyone like point-n-click adventures? Gemini Rue is flat out awesome Bladerunner style Noir and is absolutely worth the $15 (and if they get onto steam they will give out codes to people who bought it on Wadjet).

Clipper

reptilescorpio said:
Anyone like point-n-click adventures? Gemini Rue is flat out awesome Bladerunner style Noir and is absolutely worth the $15 (and if they get onto steam they will give out codes to people who bought it on Wadjet).
I'm a huge fan. It's always been my favourite video game type. I may just check this out...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Why doesn't the 3DS just do the streetpass thing when it's sleeping, and then let you check it later? I don't actually have one so I can't check.

Clipper

Rez said:
Why doesn't the 3DS just do the streetpass thing when it's sleeping, and then let you check it later? I don't actually have one so I can't check.
It does. But by checking it in his presence, I got two tags out of Kirby instead of just one.

So my outwards facing camera(s) don't work, the screen is completely black in AR cards and Faceraiders as well... How am I going to return it, I got it from Catch of the Day :(

Should I call/email Nintendo support?

Shaneus

We totally should. Friday would be preferable (so I don't have to wear my work gear out) but I'm free to hang out up until the last train back to Geelong. CBD (or thereabouts) would be best, too.

Or should we wait for the Mana Bar to open?

Clipper

Sutton Dagger said:
So my outwards facing camera(s) don't work, the screen is completely black in AR cards and Faceraiders as well... How am I going to return it, I got it from Catch of the Day :(

Should I call/email Nintendo support?
Well, that's unfortunate. E-mail CotD and see what your options are. They might still have some extra stock that they can exchange for you. If they can't provide you with a replacement, then call Nintendo Support and they should be able to arrange a replacement. Good luck, mate.

Clipper said:
Well, that's unfortunate. E-mail CotD and see what your options are. They might still have some extra stock that they can exchange for you. If they can't provide you with a replacement, then call Nintendo Support and they should be able to arrange a replacement. Good luck, mate.

Yeah, just sent CotD an email. So if they don't have any extra stock (I assume they won't) and I have to go through Nintendo, I wouldn't be happy with only a repair. I would want a full replacement. Is there any details in their warranty info that talks about repairs/replacement etc?

mandiller

giri said:
This sunday.
What's the time and place for BrisGAF?

Also, Harvey Norman are having a video game sale. They're trying to get rid of old stock. I picked up Crackdown 2 from indooropilley for $10! They had Forza 3 for $15, but pretty much everything else was gone, so you might want to check any other Harvey Normans and see if they are doing it too.

Shaneus

mandiller said:
What's the time and place for BrisGAF?

Also, Harvey Norman are having a video game sale. They're trying to get rid of old stock. I picked up Crackdown 2 from indooropilley for $10! They had Forza 3 for $15, but pretty much everything else was gone, so you might want to check any other Harvey Normans and see if they are doing it too.
Shit... if you get a chance, could you grab me a copy of Crackdown 2? Completely missed that one (and given that it seems too similar to the first, could never justify buying it).

Rahk

Razor Onza should be here next week, woo. Too bad I already finished Assbro. Guess it will come in handy for MP.

MrSerrels

Choc.

DID YOU GET STREETPASSED BY A GUY CALLED BORIS! My message would have said 'Hey There Cutie' or something.

Cause I got streetpassed by a guy called Choc.

It happened in Circular Quay on Tuesday night.

This will blow my mind if it turns out to be true.

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
Choc.

DID YOU GET STREETPASSED BY A GUY CALLED BORIS! My message would have said 'Hey There Cutie' or something.

Cause I got streetpassed by a guy called Choc.

It happened in Circular Quay on Tuesday night.

This will blow my mind if it turns out to be true.

hahaha oh shit thats you?

yep thats me :) and i was @ CQ.

I am choc 'chocolate rocks'

:D

mind.blown.

I am amazed about how awesome SP is turning out to be

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
CRACKDOWN 2 OMG

I think I might pop in today and see if I can pick up an extra copy or two.

GOD I LOVE CRACKDOWN
That would be awesome if they're on the cheap. I can totes Paypal and give you AAA+ feedback. If getting one for me was what you were alluding to, of course :)

Jintor

Gazunta said:
CRACKDOWN 2 OMG

I think I might pop in today and see if I can pick up an extra copy or two.

GOD I LOVE CRACKDOWN

If for some bizarre AusGAF reason we ever meet I CHALLENGE YOU TO AN ARTDUEL.

Kritz also

Danoss

Megadrive said:
Dude is attempting to get an orb he needs to be at a higher agility to get. Fails. Rages.
This I did not know. Either way, it's pretty funny.

In other news, since there was no update on the UPS tracking for my package, I thought it would be safe to go and do a poo. I was wrong. Not long was I in there and the doorbell rang. UPS had arrived with a package. What's inside you ask?

*gasp*

ik3dVY.jpg

No actual 3DS games, but that's okay, I can wait until something I want to play comes out.

ikzvMc.jpg

For now, it is time for the 3DS to curl up and charge its batteries.

ik3I00.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Nearly home time. 40 minutes and counting!

I don't believe i will be back next week, woo hoo. I might just pass out when i get home after the flight, I feel dam tired.

I need more of that booze D:

Aon

Yeah. You want to give yourself over to 999, not have your mind constantly wondering how awesome the other game would be.

Kritz

Banned
I just spent 2 hours implementing a minor control improvement to my scrolling schooter that nobody will ever notice.

Feels good.

Aon

But did you patch the fun?!

Also my presentation on the "Rise of Global Capitalism" went over as well as the name impied it would. But the random screen grabs from lord of the rings every slide or two went over real well. Next time I think I'll move even closer to just retelling the lord of the rings.

Clipper

Danoss, it must have fully charged by now (even though you didn't need to do that, anyway). Give us some impressions and your friend code!

Danoss

Clipper said:
Danoss, it must have fully charged by now (even though you didn't need to do that, anyway). Give us some impressions and your friend code!
I wish it was done charging, the orange light is haunting me.

I'll throw up my friend code as soon as I turn it on.

On that Bulmers, it was easy to drink, but damn if I didn't get a pearler of a headache. I popped some Panadol and went back to bed at about 5, which has dulled it somewhat, but it's still hanging around being a menace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom