• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

I am worried that I am seriously becoming dumber with games the older I get. I see these messages on SFIV3D pop up, that I have new titles and icons. Uhh...how do I check them?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Danoss said:
What were you drinking? Bulmers also?

Yea. I only had 2 scooners but i certainly didn't have a headache in the morning.

I'm at the airport, I guess a little bit early lol. Mos of the virgin blue desks are free so it shouldn't be too hard to get my bag dropped off. I don't want to do it too early though since they may lose them? Maybe that doesn't happen too much these days i'm not sure.

Might drop them off at 1 and grab a snack.

Aon

Rezbit said:
I am worried that I am seriously becoming dumber with games the older I get. I see these messages on SFIV3D pop up, that I have new titles and icons. Uhh...how do I check them?

Hit up the main menu then touch either your Icon or Title on the touch screen, this'll take you to a menu where you can choose a new one.

jambo

Dead Man said:
Indeed we can. How many of us are there, actually? 5 or 6 isn't it?

Yeah I think it's around that many.

If people work or live near town, we could just hit up a pub (The Elephant, The Duke) after work one day and GAF it up.

Danoss

evlcookie said:
Yea. I only had 2 scooners but i certainly didn't have a headache in the morning.
That might be why. I had something like 5 pints of that, a schooner of Carlton Draught and a James Squire IPA.

My 3DS is now charged, I've just gotta have a root around to find what my friend code is and turn street pass on.

Rezbit

Danoss said:
That might be why. I had something like 5 pints of that, a schooner of Carlton Draught and a James Squire IPA.

My 3DS is now charged, I've just gotta have a root around to find what my friend code is and turn street pass on.

Brave man mixing cider with beer! I would be worried that at a GAF meetup I would drink way too much and make a dick of myself. I do love a good pint of beer.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I have to say, while not surprising, the 3DS didn't do all that much for me. It looks cool for the first minute and then i just got bored of it, Kinda like avatar in 3D.

I thought the virtual boy pictures were actually better than pilotwings in motion as well.

The system itself seemed ok but i wasn't a huge fan of the nub thingy in pilotwings, It didn't seem to work all that well. Like i would be holding down and want to turn left so i would swing it left and it just didn't register, I'm sure it was more of a user error but i had to reset it back to it's centre position and then press left to get any sort of input.

It would have been nice to have a little more time with it but i don't think clipper likes good games, He didn't even have SSF4 ;D

Won't be buying one anytime soon that's for sure. It seems like an ok gadget and nothing more. If they start to bring out some sort of killer 3D apps that just blows peoples minds then i will certainly check it out but in it's current state it offers me nothing interesting at all.

Time to throw my luggage into the bag thingy and stroll around sydney airport. I wonder if you can buy a 3DS duty free, Will find out.

Choc

Banned
evlcookie said:
I have to say, while not surprising, the 3DS didn't do all that much for me. It looks cool for the first minute and then i just got bored of it, Kinda like avatar in 3D.

I thought the virtual boy pictures were actually better than pilotwings in motion as well.

The system itself seemed ok but i wasn't a huge fan of the nub thingy in pilotwings, It didn't seem to work all that well. Like i would be holding down and want to turn left so i would swing it left and it just didn't register, I'm sure it was more of a user error but i had to reset it back to it's centre position and then press left to get any sort of input.

It would have been nice to have a little more time with it but i don't think clipper likes good games, He didn't even have SSF4 ;D

Won't be buying one anytime soon that's for sure. It seems like an ok gadget and nothing more. If they start to bring out some sort of killer 3D apps that just blows peoples minds then i will certainly check it out but in it's current state it offers me nothing interesting at all.

Time to throw my luggage into the bag thingy and stroll around sydney airport. I wonder if you can buy a 3DS duty free, Will find out.

i always knew Victoria was an international state! That said i will check this out when i go to NZ. Good pt cookie

mandiller

Shaneus said:
Shit... if you get a chance, could you grab me a copy of Crackdown 2? Completely missed that one (and given that it seems too similar to the first, could never justify buying it).
I'd be happy to, but I picked up the last copy from indooropilley :( You'll have to try your luck at another Harvey Norman and see if they're doing the same thing though.

As for brisGAF, adding it to the calendar :)

Clipper

evlcookie said:

In case Choc's comment wasn't obvious enough, duty free is only possible when you're flying internationally. Sorry to add one final disappointment to your trip...

mandiller said:
I'd be happy to, but I picked up the last copy from indooropilley :( You'll have to try your luck at another Harvey Norman and see if they're doing the same thing though.

As for brisGAF, adding it to the calendar :)
While I was growing up in Brissy, one of my friends pronounced Indooroopilly the way that you just spelled it (he said in-doo-rop-ill-ee to be exact) and it made me crack up then. Thanks for awakening the memory :D.

Clipper

jambo said:

If people work or live near town, we could just hit up a pub (The Elephant, The Duke) after work one day and GAF it up.

Come on, somebody man up and copy the SydGAF Google form... Hell, if you tell me what questions you want on it and what range of dates you need, I'll even just modify the SydGAF one for you...

Choc

Banned
by the way its Friday so we gotta get down guys

edit: Serrels that yellow is WAY to bright for a Friday afternoon

Danoss

Personal Mii made, street pass on.

My friend code is: 5026-4463-1821

Added myself to the spreadsheet also, I'll start adding people shortly.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Aww no duty free. I wouldn't buy anything anyway but it's fun to browse.

30 mins till plane tries not to crash, yay.

Oh I did have a ham and cheese baguette, tasty!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
jambo said:

What are you, 18 and a first year at uni?

*voms*

lololo

Rezbit

Choc said:
Friday has had 88 million views on youtube

:|

It really is just dumb luck who gets famous on Youtube. This one...a song so bad that people are compelled to view it. I am ashamed to say I have given one view to that 88 million.

Also, what would be the best way to wipe/clean my 3DS screens? I would guess one of those glasses cloth things...where would I get one?

Aon

So my tutor just pronounced .wav as "wav" instead of wave.

God damnit, you CLAIM TO LECTURE ME!?

You also told us that fucking noise removal in audacity removed all noise that wasn't "from the source nearest to the mic".

I mean god damnit.

giri

Aon said:

You also told us that fucking noise removal in audacity removed all noise that wasn't "from the source nearest to the mic".

I mean god damnit.
everyone i know says wav, not wave.

Fredescu

Aon said:

Hw2Ct.gif

Deeku

Rezbit said:
Also, what would be the best way to wipe/clean my 3DS screens? I would guess one of those glasses cloth things...where would I get one?
Buy glasses.

I just use my t-shirt to clean my ds screens...and my glasses.

guidop

Aon said:

I mean god damnit.

you go to remit don't you? what are you studying?

Choc

Banned
Jean Todt , the FIA president, has criticised Formula One tracks where there is little chance to overtake, saying they are partially to blame for falling television audiences across the world. He singled out Yas Marina, often held up by Bernie Ecclestone as the most appealing circuit, as an example of all that is bad about the sport.

finally someone says it

justin.au

Choc said:
Jean Todt , the FIA president, has criticised Formula One tracks where there is little chance to overtake, saying they are partially to blame for falling television audiences across the world. He singled out Yas Marina, often held up by Bernie Ecclestone as the most appealing circuit, as an example of all that is bad about the sport.

finally someone says it
How dare you besmirch the name of Hermann Tilke.

Just kidding, his tracks are awful. The new Indian F1 Circuit looks like it will be another one of his procession tracks.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Kritz said:
Playing ssff in lecture, audibly yell out "YES" after winning a match. I'm an asshole.
I've never understood playing games, sleeping or web-browsing in lectures. Attendance isn't compulsory. Why even go?

This isn't so much directed at you so much as it is a general comment.

Deeku

Rez said:
I've never understood playing games, sleeping or web-browsing in lectures. Attendance isn't compulsory. Why even go?

I agree. My solution is to sit at the very front since all the dickheads are at the back chatting and being disruptive.

Also, by sitting at the front, you will eliminate those curious looks from randoms when you raise your hand and ask a question.

Rezbit

Rez said:

I agree. Some lecturers are way too complacent. I had one lecturer for Modern History who would absolutely drill anyone who was talking, came in late, left early, anything. But it's fair enough really, pretty disrespectful to the lecturer, in my humble.

Of course, if the lecturer is shit boring and you can't concentrate, may as well ditch it and catch up online!

Choc

Banned
MrSerrels said:
Verily. I can't believe it was you.

This is like a Sliding Doors moment. Life could have been so different.

Street Pass is profound man. PROFOUND.

It's funny you say that it really is a bit of a sliding doors moment. The only reason i went down there was the bus queue was ridiculous due to the rain....

Dead Man

Rez said:

Yeah, I never really understood it wither. I ended up skipping about 90% of my lectures, grabbing the online resources, and just making sure I was active in tutorials.

Clipper said:
Come on, somebody man up and copy the SydGAF Google form... Hell, if you tell me what questions you want on it and what range of dates you need, I'll even just modify the SydGAF one for you...
Clipper, saviour of AusGAF!

But if RadGAF do want to meet up, a pub in the city would be good with me.

Kritz

Banned
Being my own acesd point is a real drain on batteries. But is so worth is. <3 technology

Edit: access! DAMN YOU TECHNOLOGY

Dead Man said:
Yeah, I never really understood it wither. I ended up skipping about 90% of my lectures, grabbing the online resources, and just making sure I was active in tutorials.

I had tutors who hated it when people only came to tutorials and asked questions.

I can understand why, but some questions aren't appropriate for lectures.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
DualShadow said:
I had tutors who hated it when people only came to tutorials and asked questions.
that seems odd to me, given that their job is to consolidate the material taught during lectures.

Dead Man

DualShadow said:

I can understand why, but some questions aren't appropriate for lectures.
The only thing I really noticed my tutors hating was people that asked NO questions. Or that one mature age student who told stories about their life as if they were interesting, relevant, or educational. SHUT UP@!!

Still scarred. 5 years after graduating.

Rez said:
that seems odd to me, given that their job is to consolidate the material taught during lectures.
Indeed.

Rez said:

It was usually when the lecturer/tutor was the same person.

Dead Man said:
The only thing I really noticed my tutors hating was people that asked NO questions. Or that one mature age student who told stories about their life as if they were interesting, relevant, or educational. SHUT UP@!!

Don't get me started on those annoying mature age students!

Frawdder

Dead Man said:

Still scarred. 5 years after graduating.

Indeed.
Oh dear.

"Hello! I'm going to talk about my life because it has a relative point/answer in it somewhere. And during this I will forget the point I was going to make because I just like the sound of my own voice. Oh no I'm stuttering because I'm an idiot...Please someone interrupt me with the correct answer!!"

I hate, HATE, these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom