• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

Fredescu said:
It's amazing that such a landslide victory didn't result in a majority in the upper house.
It's because it's like the federal system. Terms are twice as long as the Legislative Assembly and we only voted for the half that retire this year. Thus, the current people are always decided by the previous two elections, and Labor did OK at the previous one.

Fusebox said:
Who said she won?
Hmm... let's see...

You started it with:
Fusebox said:
Okay, which one of you c$%ts voted for Hanson?

That seriously implies you thought she had won a seat. Technically Choc is the first to lie in the post immediately after yours:

Choc said:
For context to the last post

Pauline Hanson has won an upper house seat in the NSW Parliament

sjt333 said:

Clipper said:
And here's a quick take on it shrunk to the new avatar dimensions:
duchovny.jpg

Wow, thanks guys! Clipper that is perfect and exactly how I would've cropped it. Thanks.

edit: aaand updated.

Fredescu

Clipper said:
That seriously implies you thought she had won a seat.
Eh, not really. The fact that she was getting close, and was in fact ahead prior to the distribution of preferences, is disturbing enough.

Jintor

Clipper said:
Hmm... let's see...

You started it with:

That seriously implies you thought she had won a seat. Technically Choc is the first to lie in the post immediately after yours:

She looked totally set yesterday night, Sky News had a panel and everything. Thank... the voters...? ...for preferences, I guess

jambo

I need your help SydGAF. Where is a good comic book store in Sydney? I'll be there this weekend so if I don't get the new weeks releases on Friday before I fly out I'll pick them up in Sydney for the flight home.

Choc

Banned
hahahha

yeah she didnt get in, but only on preferences...

oh well. Not sure what is worse. A rogue xenophobic racist holding parliament to ransom, or a greenie holding it to ransom

they have the balance of power apparently....

Also Fukushima now a 7 on the nuclear disaster scale. The same as chernobyl

not good

Jintor

Kinokuniya, in the Galleres Victoria, across from the Queen Victoria Building, right above Town Hall,

King's Comics (310 Pitt Street), a short walk from Town Hall,

Comic Kingdom (71 Liverpool Street), also a short walk from Town Hall - opposite-ish to the Three Monkeys Pub on George Street

oh well. Not sure what is worse. A rogue xenophobic racist holding parliament to ransom, or a greenie holding it to ransom

Speaking as an Asian person the greenie is better

giri said:
The best thing i ever had happen to me was have the settlement of my unit done over 2 months instead of the normal 2 weeks or 1 month. SO much less stress.
I wish I'd had that luxury. Due to a series of events (that I won't go into) I didn't have that options. Wish I had, though.

Stackboy said:
Just Cause 2 has some of the most wonderful distractions in any game (Saints Row 2 does this kind of thing really well too).
Seconded.

Unfortunately/Fortunately it can be bowled over quite quickly (the main campaign) but consume a horrendously large amount of time.

Stackboy said:
The story is rubbish, but it's hard to see through to it, when there are so many wonderful explosions going on. Or when you are plummeting back to earth.

And now, I'm going to have to play it some more.
I had to stop playing it so that I could get through some other games. I've finished it, I just just haven't finished it. It's still good to plop in if you only have 30mins to kill.

Jintor said:
I like games with unique gaming experiences, and for some reason Just Cause 2 is the only game that has really managed to really replicate that feeling of being up in the mountains, wind whipping in your ears, snow half-blinding you as you sail down the side of a mountain
For me, it's the most beautiful open world game I've played. Evah. Red Dead, while a great looking game, could never match the range of environs that JC2 covered. Running our of the forest into a field of flowers to be met by the sun shining though a bank of clouds was breathtaking at times.

jambo said:
If JC3 has multiplayer then I think it will be one of the best games of all time.
I think I said this before but I would also love them to scale back the area and increase the interactivity with the environment. Building destruction would be fantastic.

Fredescu

Choc said:

Not really.

"The Coalition government has fallen short of a majority in the house, with 19 of its 42 seats.

Labor has 14 seats, the Greens five, the Christian Democrats two and the Shooters and Fishers party two."

I think the coalition would be more likely to deal with the CDP and the Shooters than the Greens.

r1chard

It's not truly over. The NSW upper house is now solidy right-wing:

5 Labor, 3 Greens, 1 Shooter, 1 Christian Democrat, 11 Coalition

Even without Hanson there's some fun times ahead for you lot.

Wow, the lower house is all messed up as well? Awesome :)

Clipper

Fusebox said:
Seriously, it didn't.
I'm not saying you meant to imply it, but it does. Especially when Choc replied immediately after you, referring directly to your post and you didn't correct him.

jambo

Jintor said:
Kinokuniya, in the Galleres Victoria, across from the Queen Victoria Building, right above Town Hall,

King's Comics (310 Pitt Street), a short walk from Town Hall,

Comic Kingdom (71 Liverpool Street), also a short walk from Town Hall - opposite-ish to the Three Monkeys Pub on George Street

Thanks, King's Comics looks pretty good.

New Ultimate Comics Spider-Man and Ultimate Avengers vs. New Ultimates this week, concentrating on the Death of Spider-Man arc, should be good!

EDIT: Aww man I thought new Venom would be out last week, but it's not gonna release until the 27th. At least after that it'll be monthly.

Yagharek

Choc said:
hahahha

yeah she didnt get in, but only on preferences...

Also Fukushima now a 7 on the nuclear disaster scale. The same as chernobyl

not good

Just to put chocs post in context there has been some damage to the nuclear reactors in Fukushima, Japan as a result of the earthquakes.

Clipper

Well, I was a little scared by some of the comments on Antony Green's blog about the random sampling which is performed during the count of ballots, but I am happy to hear that the result is too large (it's a little over 1,000 votes) to consider a recount.

The whole action is silly, though. Basically, during redistribution, they only use a random sample of the papers to represent the rest. It's an outdated system that is no longer needed now that the count is performed on computer, but we need a referendum to get it changed to a full count.

markot

Banned
Oh and Aussie shielas are gonna be allowed on the front lines. Finally.

And if anyone wants to object, look at the women who fought for the Ruski's in WW2 and tell me that they shouldnt be allowed to serve.

Agyar

Gazunta said:
BRING IT!!!

What's an art duel?

These avatars are fantastic.

While you're in the swing of it, would it be too much to ask to get an alternate version of the one you did for me with the NeoGAF logo? Would be great to have both.

Mar

My avatar is absolutely perfect. It's as if Gaz has an insight to my brain processes and knew what I wanted even though I didn't know myself.

Gazunta

I love you guys

I'll get to the rest of these after I get tomorrow's comic done tonight. YEAH COMICS I love doing comics have I mentioned that.

Danoss

Gazunta said:
I love you guys

I'll get to the rest of these after I get tomorrow's comic done tonight. YEAH COMICS I love doing comics have I mentioned that.
Love these masterful creations. I'm dead keen to see what a Gazuntafied Parramatta Eel looks like.

Clipper

So, getting back into the typical conversations of AusGAF...

Has anybody received any StreetPass hits for the 3DS Sound App yet? It appears that this feature allows you to actually transfer up to 5 songs between devices, but I'm not sure and haven't researched it. Nobody I've StreetPassed so far has given me any data in any case, although that's only a total of 4 people.

Are people even aware the built-in sound app has StreetPass?

Edit: I just read the manual, and it looks like it just exchanges artist data and stuff. Strange that it only allows you to assign 5 songs to represent you, though. The likelihood of matches with other 3DSes is quite low, I'd think.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Danoss said:
Love these masterful creations. I'm dead keen to see what a Gazuntafied Parramatta Eel looks like.

I assume it would just be an eel on the beach dying for it's last breath, since it's washed up and no good anymore.

i know nothing about sport

Jintor

Clipper said:

Has anybody received any StreetPass hits for the 3DS Sound App yet? It appears that this feature allows you to actually transfer up to 5 songs between devices, but I'm not sure and haven't researched it. Nobody I've StreetPassed so far has given me any data in any case, although that's only a total of 4 people.

SoundApp allows for Streetpass? D:

Clipper

Jintor said:
SoundApp allows for Streetpass? D:
Yeah, but as I added in the edit, it just transfers the song's title and author info to the other users and collects data about what people are listening to the most of, giving you compatibility ratings and stuff.

All-in-all I'm rocking four StreetPass apps/games right now...
StreetPass Mii Plaza
Nintendo 3DS Sound
nintendogs + cats
Lego® StarWars® III

Gotta love the absolute lack of consistency in these game naming schemes.

Choc said:
just to clear the air

i posted that hanson won based on fusebox's post which did sound like she won :p
I did say that there was heavy implication. Next time, provide source (or lack thereof in this case), Choc. People trust you too much :p.

Bernbaum

Clipper said:

Edit: I just read the manual, and it looks like it just exchanges artist data and stuff. Strange that it only allows you to assign 5 songs to represent you, though. The likelihood of matches with other 3DSes is quite low, I'd think.
I had no idea about this - thanks for the heads up! Also had no idea about SSFIV's figurine swapping feature via Streetpass until Mandiller told me at BrisGAF.

For those waiting desperately on updates on my personal life, I am within spitting distance of reaching my ideal weight and I can report that none, absolutely none of my size 36 jeans fit me any more and I'm gonna have to buy some 34's. Hell, I even have several 38's still floating around the wardrobe.

The last time I posted in AusGAF about my endeavours at the gym I made a snide comment about overweight people which I strongly regretted afterwards. If anything I wish to encourage those who want to improve their fitness and get into shape but might be reluctant that results are certainly achievable even for Pocky-eating video game nerds who have rock collections and own all, I repeat all, the Jurassic Park collector cards even the holographic ones.

Shaneus

Bernbaum said:
For those waiting desperately on updates on my personal life, I am within spitting distance of reaching my ideal weight and I can report that none, absolutely none of my size 36 jeans fit me any more and I'm gonna have to buy some 34's. Hell, I even have several 38's still floating around the wardrobe.

The last time I posted in AusGAF about my endeavours at the gym I made a snide comment about overweight people which I strongly regretted afterwards. If anything I wish to encourage those who want to improve their fitness and get into shape but might be reluctant that results are certainly achievable even for Pocky-eating video game nerds who have rock collections and own all, I repeat all, the Jurassic Park collector cards even the holographic ones.
You should hit up this thread and brag about your endeavours. It's like the fitness thread but nowhere near as hardcore. It's great for diet tips too :)

Oh, and congrats!

legend166

I've lost 5kg over the last 2-3 months. Very happy.

I'm now 80kg, which is what I had been the last 4/5 years before starting work and putting on 5kg (sitting on your butt 8 hours a day does wonder for putting on weight).

My goal is to get down to 75kg, then back up to 80kg via weights.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Congrats bern & legend.

I'm just under 80 at the moment and i would love to lose a lot more, although i don't know how much more i could actually lose. There's still a ton of fat on me, so maybe i can hit 70? I guess i can claim that's my goal.

I purchased some new jeans recently, I think 36 and straight leg just doesn't fit me well at all. God damn those are some straight tight jeans, straight loose though fits well and there's room. I fucking hate jean sizes!

I keep meaning to jump back on the fitness bandwagon but it's always one of those things i do for a week then quit. There's something about it that just shits me, even though i seem to enjoy doing say 30 minutes and the time cruises on by.

It's all in the mind baby and mine says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom