• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

A furious State Development Minister Andrew Fraser yesterday confirmed public servants discovered the error, then cut tags off the US shirts to hide the true origin of the clothing.

This is the point at which I would have said "fuck you, I'm going to leak this".

Edit: Or thought it, at any rate.

Dead Man said:
Facepalm. Come on guys, we are trying to help you out. I've been drinking shitloads of XXXX down here!

The discovery of the shirts' origins came a week after Mr Fraser was forced to read the riot act to his department after it bought $1150 worth of lollies with the "Buy local Back Qld" logos printed on them that he believed were "of little value" and should never be bought again.
Come on! How the hell are these people running a state?

hamchan said:
When we reach 20k we'll officially be classified as a megathread and AusGAF 2.0 will be closed.
20000-posts-cookie-approves.jpg

Dead Man

reptilescorpio said:
Facepalm. Come on guys, we are trying to help you out. I've been drinking shitloads of XXXX down here!

Come on! How the hell are these people running a state?
Australian politics, it only attracts the cream of the crop.
hamchan said:
When we reach 20k we'll officially be classified as a megathread and AusGAF 2.0 will be closed.
One page to go!!!

Shaneus

I'm thinking the Fifth Gear episode they're showing on 7mate right now is a little old. They're at the launch party of Gran Turismo
. Oh lol.

Shaneus said:
I'm thinking the Fifth Gear episode they're showing on 7mate right now is a little old. They're at the launch party of Gran Turismo
. Oh lol.
Is the episode in black and white?
See, the joke is that Gran Turismo takes forever to come out

hamchan said:
I am quite worried AusGAF 3.0 won't be stickied.
Why wouldn't it? After all if 2.0 was stickied and we have to start a new thread at 20,000 posts then I'm sure a mod is already aware that it will be happening very soon.

hamchan

reptilescorpio said:
Why wouldn't it? After all if 2.0 was stickied and we have to start a new thread at 20,000 posts then I'm sure a mod is already aware that it will be happening very soon.
Because these mods are laaaaaaaaaaaazy.

That's right mod, you read that correctly.

Shaneus

Double Down... defeated. Flawless Victory. Don't really see what the big deal was, TBH.

Now, excuse me while I try to get some moisture into me from the dryness that was KFC.

Shaneus

Yeah, I probably would've felt better at the end of it if I'd gotten a decent night's sleep and hadn't been snacking for most of the morning :(

As for Operation Backlog, I've had a bit of a play with Wipeout HD/Fury. Technically it's not focusing on the one platform I have the greatest log of backing on (PC/Steam) but it's still a game I haven't put *any* time into that I should have. Even if I don't finish a game straight away, at least I'm slowly chipping, chipping...

Shaneus said:
As for Operation Backlog, I've had a bit of a play with Wipeout HD/Fury. Technically it's not focusing on the one platform I have the greatest log of backing on (PC/Steam) but it's still a game I haven't put *any* time into that I should have. Even if I don't finish a game straight away, at least I'm slowly chipping, chipping...
A steam backlog will always exist with all the bargain sales they have. You are better off playing the games you want to, you have more of a chance of sticking with them if you are motivated to check them out. Also Wipeout HD is awesome. It was the showcase title for the PS3 early on, loved to show my mates the incredible graphics. Sucks that I suck at it though, never got the hang of airbraking.

Maybe try creating a LTTP thread so people can get you amped up for a game?

BananaArnie said:
do you think mods even read this thread anymore.
I think a mod came in not that long ago and told everyone about the little flags going away. Plus all the cool mods lurk here to see how awesome it would be to live in Australia.

Ventron

Might as well get one more post in before the inevitable lock.

(PS any BrisGAFfer have LinkedIn? Looking at you Gazunta but I already sent out a network invite for you anyway)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Megadrive said:
Was there even any truth to the megathread rule?

Of course there was. It's still in place and once we hit 20k or just over, I'm sure this thread will be shut down and version 3 will be required.

Bernbaum

I'm out and can't make a banner. Thread moved too fast and I didn't get one ready. Can try and make one on my iPad in Brushes, but I guarantee it will be terrible.

Bernbaum said:
I'm out and can't make a banner. Thread moved too fast and I didn't get one ready. Can try and make one on my iPad in Brushes, but I guarantee it will be terrible.
It will still be worth looking at Bern, go for it.

Bernbaum

Made a shitty banner in Brushes, downloaded an app to rotate the saved image to landscape, uploaded it to photo bucket, and saved the photo bucket URL in a gmail draft all on my iPad, which is tethered to my iPhone, whilst I'm at a fucking party and declined on playing a game I've wanted to play for ages.

Don't say I don't give a shit about you bastards.

As for the quality of the banner, prepare to be whelmed.

Dead Man

Bernbaum said:
Made a shitty banner in Brushes, downloaded an app to rotate the saved image to landscape, uploaded it to photo bucket, and saved the photo bucket URL in a gmail draft all on my iPad, which is tethered to my iPhone, whilst I'm at a fucking party and declined on playing a game I've wanted to play for ages.

Now that is dedication, kids.

Bernbaum said:

We are not worthy Bern. Looking forward to the final countdown.
and the beauty of ricki lee that will be contained in your banner

Bernbaum

reptilescorpio said:
We are not worthy Bern. Looking forward to the final countdown.
and the beauty of ricki lee that will be contained in your banner
*remakes image and goes through entire rigamarole again*

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bernbaum said:

neeeeeeeeeeeerd

Bernbaum said:
*remakes image and goes through entire rigamarole again*
Adding an extra photo if Ricki Lee then?

Meanwhile, I went to Dracula's (cabaret show on the Gold Coast). Saw a good show with rock songs and dirty jokes plus got cracked onto by a drunken bridesmaid on a hen's night. Ego boosts are nice.

Jintor

I saw Sir Terry Pratchett. He told us some cool stories, read from his next book, talked about mana and thunderbolt iron and swords and then we sang him Happy Birthday in the concert hall of the Sydney Opera House.

Jintor said:
I saw Sir Terry Pratchett. He told us some cool stories, read from his next book, talked about mana and thunderbolt iron and swords and then we sang him Happy Birthday in the concert hall of the Sydney Opera House.
Well damn. I am honestly jealous of you good sir. Pratchett is one of the few writers who I still give a shit about. I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of his books and I wish I had of known he was in the country. Bugger. How is he looking?

Salazar

Letter in a WA newspaper: DEMAND FREE WI-FI FROM PRICEY HOTELS.

I am rarely inclined to throw complete support behind views expressed in letters to newspapers, but this is indubitably the course of justice.

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
Well damn. I am honestly jealous of you good sir. Pratchett is one of the few writers who I still give a shit about. I can honestly say I have enjoyed all of his books and I wish I had of known he was in the country. Bugger. How is he looking?
I've always meant to read his shit (always hear so much about it) but never do. Is he anything like Douglas Adams?

Gazunta

Most pricey hotels rely on most visitors being business clients who just put net access on their expense account anyway.

Plus the fact that the hotels don't sell the internet themselves - it's a third party company that the hotel sell on to the visitor. They'd have to set up their own equipment and maintenance staff and there's no support for that in their staffing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom