• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

DualShadow said:
Never played a Max Payne game, get the bundle?
Lets just get this clear. It is US$3.74 for 2 (I have not played the second, I must admit) of the great 3rd person shooters of the last decade. I guess you need to figure out if the value is there for you.

hamchan

I finished the first Max Payne and it was fucking hard.

I think i'll turn on cheats whenever I get back to playing the 2nd one.

Dead Man said:
Lets just get this clear. It is US$3.74 for 2 (I have not played the second, I must admit) of the great 3rd person shooters of the last decade. I guess you need to figure out if the value is there for you.

Well I was more concerned if they were worth playing or not.

Edit: Anyone else get a blackout on the central coast?

Gazunta

Just bought 2 copies of Portal 2, feels good man, etc.

If anyone here wants a copy of Portal 1, although at this point I don't know of a man, woman or child in the world who doesn't already have it, let me know!

DualShadow said:
Never played a Max Payne game, get the bundle?
God yes.

Dead Man said:
The second is the best by a mile.

hamchan said:
I finished the first Max Payne and it was fucking hard.
I think i'll turn on cheats whenever I get back to playing the 2nd one.
The second is easier, bullet time is easier to use and generates quicker. Plus better level design.

Rahk

Max Payne is great. I would like to replay it, but I have enough difficulty playing all the new games that I buy. I think I got the pack on sale a while back.

Rahk said:
Max Payne is great. I would like to replay it, but I have enough difficulty playing all the new games that I buy. I think I got the pack on sale a while back.
You should play Max Payne 2. Right now. Because it is awesome fun. It's like Bulletstorm meets The Matrix meets Discworld Noir meets Uncharted meets Monty Python.

Rahk

reptilescorpio said:
You should play Max Payne 2. Right now. Because it is awesome fun. It's like Bulletstorm meets The Matrix meets Discworld Noir meets Uncharted meets Monty Python.
I've played Max Payne 2 too, and I'd like to replay it but have too many other games to play!

Shaneus

I seem to remember clocking both MP games, but I still remember that fucking nightmare chapter where you had to walk along a red blood trail in empty space and if you fell off you died. Can't remember which one that was in but I sure as hell remember it pissing me off.

Salazar

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cougar-fails-in-fight-to-clean-image-20110416-1dio2.html

SO-CALLED footy ''cougar'' Charmyne Palavi has lost her second defamation case against the media over comments concerning her alleged sexual conduct.

Ms Palavi sued Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd, publisher of The Courier Mail newspaper, for defamation over the publication of reader comments last April imputing she was a ''slut'', and that she ''engages in disgraceful and sexually promiscuous conduct'', among other imputations.

She sought aggravated damages. Lawyers for the defence handed up the judgment in a similar slander suit filed against radio station 2UE last November.

Hohoho, hahaha. GTFO.

Shaneus said:
I seem to remember clocking both MP games, but I still remember that fucking nightmare chapter where you had to walk along a red blood trail in empty space and if you fell off you died. Can't remember which one that was in but I sure as hell remember it pissing me off.
The nightmare sequences were pretty bad in MP1. In MP2 they were actually some of the best levels in the game, showing off what can be done in videogames level design-wise. The first game is still great but I would just recommend blasting through the second, holds up perfect.

Salazar

Shaneus said:
PS. EVERYBODY needs to try Cadbury Creme Eggs frozen. The insides are not as hard as I was expecting, it's closer to, say, the consistency of a jersey caramel.

Motherfucker. I'm going to have to go for a walk, now.

I was hover-handing over some Creme Eggs when I got a newspaper this morning.

Shaneus said:
We're actually able to look at the US store if we want! Just can't do a full checkout. Go to http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us :)

PS. EVERYBODY needs to try Cadbury Creme Eggs frozen. The insides are not as hard as I was expecting, it's closer to, say, the consistency of a jersey caramel.
I dare you to eat 10 of them in one sitting.

Poop, tried getting the bundle through browser but it won't go past my payment details. Alright Steam you win this round!

I really only want Vice City too, got the rest on CD :(

Shaneus

reptilescorpio said:
I dare you to eat 10 of them in one sitting.

Poop, tried getting the bundle through browser but it won't go past my payment details. Alright Steam you win this round!

I really only want Vice City too, got the rest on CD :(
Off to the Steam GIFTING thread!

BTW I struggled with one CCC. So fucking filling :(

Salazar said:
Motherfucker. I'm going to have to go for a walk, now.

I was hover-handing over some Creme Eggs when I got a newspaper this morning.
Sorry, but it IS worth it. Make sure it's been in there long enough, though. I'd hazard a guess that mostly-cold wouldn't quite have the same effect.

mandiller

Salazar

mandiller said:
A newspaper is publishing defamatory material, even if it comes from readers. It's harder to police on the radio though.

A defamation case is ordinarily stronger if the comments are false, though. These are statements of bolted-down fact. That was chiefly why I was amused.

Danoss

Salazar said:
That was chiefly why I was amused.
Lizard-girl is also amused.

q625y.gif

mandiller said:
You can totally sue over reader comments. This is why we moderate all our comments before posting them at the ABC. At least she lost her case, but it wouldn't be fun to be dragged into a court case.

A newspaper is publishing defamatory material, even if it comes from readers. It's harder to police on the radio though.
At least here in Victoria I see a lot of stuff fall through the cracks.
210299_2002185815981_1n7qp.jpg

Danoss

FreeFallin' said:
Steamchat die or something wierd on my end?
No idea man, but something weird is definitely going on. I'm even seeing offline people listed in there, which isn't right.

Edit: I just left and rejoined, now I'm all alone. I guess it's buggered for the time-being.

Salazar

sambo said:
Soo does anyone know a way of getting Mortal Kombat on PS3 without it getting seized by customs?

I had some stuff (miniature medieval weapon replicas, bought in Venice) seized a couple of days ago. BASTARDS.

BananaArnie said:
you know i never noticed it before but she totally does look like a lizard.

Wrong.

1259821898_200912031533552239284001.jpg

Salazar said:
I had some stuff (miniature medieval weapon replicas, bought in Venice) seized a couple of days ago. BASTARDS.
My parents came back from Malaysia with heaps of crap. Pepper, drink cans, silks. My mum had a wind chime that apparently part was made of wheat or something? So customs smashed the chime and gave Mum a few pieces that were "okay" to come into the country. Dad bought a blowpipe with 8 razor sharp darts. All kept inside a bamboo case. They didn't give 2 shits about that. Customs are stupid.

Also the k-pop stuff is okay when they aren't being creepy on purpose.

Man, the Reds game last night was terrific. It was an absolute tryfest, there was a crowd of over 30,000 and we won our sixth game in a row, maintaing our top of the table standing in the Super 15.

Also, Digby Ioane's try celebration:

digby.gif

Next week: a home game against the Warratahs. Cannot wait.

Danoss

reptilescorpio said:
Also the k-pop stuff is okay when they aren't being creepy on purpose.
Shame they can't take a joke, or a difference of opinion. It seems my posts related to such things have shot sand up vaginas at a high velocity.

Salazar said:
I got nailed because it was work experience week and they were being demonstratively "tough" for the new kids.
Ha, strange that they would put kids into such a stupid environment. "Here kids, watch as we scan for dirty, dirty videogames. This is where you will end up if you fail high school!"

Shaneus

Danoss said:
Shame they can't take a joke, or a difference of opinion. It seems my posts related to such things have shot sand up vaginas at a high velocity.
If I was drinking milk right now I would have blown it right out my nose. Fucking awesome _b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom