• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

markot

Banned
CONNNNNNNUNDRUM!

Fallout NV is coming out on the 21st here, a Thursday as per usual.

YET

On Steam it says the release is on the 22nd >.< 1 day and 18 hours away....

So if you buy it at retail for pc... can you use it since its a steamworks game?

Arozay

Anyone here want a copy of Civ V (and would actually play it)? I ended up winning it in the 2k competition but I already have it on my Steam account.

I should be able to just give away the key or I can ship it sealed if you want the physical copy as well.

rass

yes god yes I do

edit:
actually, I think it would be better off going to someone with more time to play it, I'm trying to spend less time at a computer.

Initial excitement failure

Dead Man

rass said:
yes god yes I do

edit:
actually, I think it would be better off going to someone with more time to play it, I'm trying to spend less time at a computer.

Initial excitement failure
Same. Already have plenty to play and do. It's on the (long) list, but the last thing I need now is another game. Unless it was GT5. You bastards.

Bernbaum

Remember kids, if you listen hard enough, you should just be able to hear Shinji Claus make his way down the chimney.

In all seriousness though, we should all remember that Clover Studios died for our sins so that Platinum could live.

commissar

Zaro said:
Anyone here want a copy of Civ V (and would actually play it)? I ended up winning it in the 2k competition but I already have it on my Steam account.

I should be able to just give away the key or I can ship it sealed if you want the physical copy as well.
I would love that so much (and you so long :p ). though in all seriousness I think maybe give it to a friend so you could play it with them :)

Nemesis_

Bernbaum said:
Remember kids, if you listen hard enough, you should just be able to hear Shinji Claus make his way down the chimney.

In all seriousness though, we should all remember that Clover Studios died for our sins so that Platinum could live.

Technically Capcom dissolved Clover. So it's Capcom who killed them.

>_>

I am also quite amped. I might go pick it up in the morning. w00000t.

And be finished by the time I have to go to work lololol

Arozay

commissar said:
I would love that so much (and you so long :p ). though in all seriousness I think maybe give it to a friend so you could play it with them :)

My friends aren't in to Civ type games, hurr durr MW2. I'll throw the key your way when I get it.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Zaro said:
My friends aren't in to Civ type games, hurr durr MW2. I'll throw the key your way when I get it.

I know agyar wanted to get a multiplayer civ 5 game going on day. From what others have said, 5 - 6 hours was needed for 4. So maybe one weekend you can kill everyone in ausgaf steam chat :D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Girl who rang me to tell me my Fallout Collectors was in asked if I was interested in COD 56 or Assassins Creed: 2.5, I had to tell her no.

A audible gasp was heard.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
VOOK said:
Girl who rang me to tell me my Fallout Collectors was in asked if I was interested in COD 56 or Assassins Creed: 2.5, I had to tell her no.

A audible gasp was heard.

Vook can you see if that cookie monster counting wii game is in with cookie monster wiimote condom!! :D

Gazunta

Zaro said:

!! Yes please!

I have nothing but time now to play :)

Edit: Damnit beaten like a red headed stepchild

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
evlcookie said:
Vook can you see if that cookie monster counting wii game is in with cookie monster wiimote condom!! :D

I'll do my best.

NBA Jam showed up Choc, you'll be happy.

markot

Banned
>_<

If they can regionalise the pricing to screwbie us, why cant they make it launch on the 21st like it is supposed to!?!?!?!

hirokazu

This Zavvi thing is... kinda unacceptable? WTF is this shit?

Sent by: You. 19 October 2010, 11:15

RE: Order No. 12300xxx

Hi, I've just received Dead Rising 2: Zombrex Edition for PS3, but the item has arrived rather damaged. How do I go about arranging a return and replacement?

It would probably be a good idea to use sturdier packing to ship such items, or at least offer the customer an option for such.
Sent by: zavvi. 20 October 2010, 12:22

Hi

Thanks for your email

I am really sorry that you have not received your order.

This was sent to you on 27/09/2010

Delivery usually takes 15 working days.

We need to allow a further 15 days for your delivery to still arrive before this can been classed as lost in the post.

If you have not received this by the 27/10/2010 we can then start to trace this for you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me

Regards

JENNIFER
Sent by: You. 20 October 2010, 15:23

Hi,

Please read my message. I HAVE received my order, but the item has arrived DAMAGED and I wish to RETURN it for a replacement. :/

Thanks.
I suspect this will take some time yet to resolve... -_-"

Does anyone have any strong sources for Australian console sales? I'm trying to do a report on it for a school project and can't find anything (at least somewhat recent anyway) about Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360 sales.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rahk

Why does every smoking motherfucker have to sit behind me on the train. Wash your clothes once in a while, fuckbag.

rass

Rahk said:
Why does every smoking motherfucker have to sit behind me on the train. Wash your clothes once in a while, fuckbag.
Get your cb400 already and never use public transport again!

So game.com.au just charged me for my Fable III CE preorder, I can't believe that game is coming out already.

I loved the shit out of Fable II, if Fable III is anywhere near as good I'll be happy. The lack of any real marketing hype makes me a bit worried though...

Anyone else going to pick it up on Tuesday?

EDIT: I just realised that my Fallout NV and Fable III Collectors editions both come with a set of playing cards and a poker chip/coin. Weird.

Choc

Banned
legend i have a sneaking suspicion B&N will cancel our orders because Gamestop will be like WTF WE DONT SHIP TO AUSTRALIA YOU MORONS!

>_<

trinest

hirokazu said:
This Zavvi thing is... kinda unacceptable? WTF is this shit?

I suspect this will take some time yet to resolve... -_-"
I do have to say my order of Last Window from The Hut- the box felt like it was bowed.

Why For?

Banned
For Choc since I noticed Turkish is banned?

UPDATE: A Foxtel spokesperson has responded to our query regarding unmetered agreements through ISPs: "FOXTEL on Xbox 360 will be available over any internet service provider (ISP). Currently FOXTEL does not have unmetered arrangements in place with any ISPs for the FOXTEL on Xbox 360 service. Our view is that the market is driving lower priced plans and higher caps. It will continue to evolve as the price for bandwidth continues to decline for consumers."

Looks like Telstra and Foxtel ARE pretty stupid.

IGN

Bernbaum

BanShunsaku said:
So game.com.au just charged me for my Fable III CE preorder, I can't believe that game is coming out already.

I loved the shit out of Fable II, if Fable III is anywhere near as good I'll be happy. The lack of any real marketing hype makes me a bit worried though...

Anyone else going to pick it up on Tuesday?

EDIT: I just realised that my Fallout NV and Fable III Collectors editions both come with a set of playing cards and a poker chip/coin. Weird.
Fable II was great! I think I goty'd all over it in 2008. That said Fable III might have to wait, but I know I'm going to relish the crap out of it when I do.

Choc

Banned
Why For? said:
For Choc since I noticed Turkish is banned?

Looks like Telstra and Foxtel ARE pretty stupid.

IGN

If we get to the end of the year and Telstra does not have unmetered foxtel 360 i will eat my hat

the only thing that POTENTIALLY would stop it is if the foxtel is actually going through an Xbox Live set of servers first in which case it would make XBL as a whole unmetered and they probably dont' want to do that.

Why For?

Banned
Choc said:
If we get to the end of the year and Telstra does not have unmetered foxtel 360 i will eat my hat

the only thing that POTENTIALLY would stop it is if the foxtel is actually going through an Xbox Live set of servers first in which case it would make XBL as a whole unmetered and they probably dont' want to do that.

Hope you're right because I'm going to use this once I move out.

legend166

Choc said:
legend i have a sneaking suspicion B&N will cancel our orders because Gamestop will be like WTF WE DONT SHIP TO AUSTRALIA YOU MORONS!

>_<

Someone from New Zealand on the RB Forums ordered some pro drum cymbals and they delivered them, so who knows.

If that is the case, they should hurry up and tell us now so we can cancel and order from Amazon.

I'll send them an angry email and see what happens :lol

legend166

Regarding Foxtel - they've got a point, I think. Caps are getting pretty big on a whole bunch of ADSL2+ providers now. So unless you're stuck in an area where you've got to get cable, you should be fine.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Regarding Foxtel - they've got a point, I think. Caps are getting pretty big on a whole bunch of ADSL2+ providers now. So unless you're stuck in an area where you've got to get cable, you should be fine.

it costs 1GB per hour to watch Foxtel360

100gig a month aint going far....

Bernbaum said:
Fable II was great! I think I goty'd all over it in 2008. That said Fable III might have to wait, but I know I'm going to relish the crap out of it when I do.

I threw Fable II in a few weeks ago in preparation for Fable III... as soon as the intro music started all the great memories I had of playing that game came rushing back.

The art style and character that Lionhead games have has always really appealed to me. I'm *almost* more pumped for Fable III than Fallout NV.

Mar

I'm surprising myself here, but I think I want to buy EA MMA. Just watched the quicklook on Giant Bomb and it looks pretty damn good.

legend166

Choc said:
FYI Amazon is currenetly only shipping ps3

i ordered 360, im guessing u did as well....

Yep I did. I'm still sending this email:

Hi,

I have an order for an Xbox 360 Rock Band 3 Keyboard, with the order number blahblahblah. The shipping date was supposed to be the 19th, and according to my order status, it has still not shipped.

I chose to order from B&N/Gamestop as I wanted to receive the keyboard before the release of the game (28th of October in Australia), and you were shipping the keyboard on the 19th, as opposed to Amazon.com, who were advertising it as being shipped on the 26th. This was despite the cost from Amazon being $10 cheaper.

I have now found out that Amazon have started shipping the keyboard, whilst my order is still 'scheduled to ship'.

Can you please give me an update on the status of my order and if it is due to ship soon? If there is an issue with shipping to Australia, please inform me so I can cancel my order.

Regards,

legend166

I can't remember the last time I sent an email to any customer service. And it's over them being a couple days late shipping something :lol

Also, how can Foxtel be 1GB/hour? Are they streaming in HD? A 40 minute show in SD is around 350MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom