• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Lafiel said:
Anyone in ausgaf can invite other people to the group last time i checked.

I don't think so. Only admins can invite those to the group but i believe anyone can actually join the chat. Musk has been invited, I did that last night.

rass

who told me to get Game dev Story?
sonofabitch.
I'm never going to get anything done again.

protip™ - realistic mystery shooter doesn't go well with the critics haha
also, my Ninja themed action game (Ninjaction®) got shit reviews but debuted at #10 and made me over a million bucks.* PARTY.

just like most games on wii amiright? (jk don't kill me)

Choc

Banned
Ninjas are win in game dev story

also F1 2010 patch is awesome

1. Corrupt Save Games - We have identified an over-zealous anti-cheating check that manifested as falsely identified corrupt saves, specifically the ones relating to practice and R&D upgrades, the save-games should now load without issue. However if any of you are experiencing corrupt saves outside of this then please continue to send your PS3 save game files to us (Xbox360 & PC saves aren’t of any use to us) and we can test these against the latest patch to see whether all instances of this issue have now been fixed

2. AI not pitting in dry races where a mandatory pit stop was required (20% or more) – This has been fixed.

3. Player held in pit-stop too long – We’ve improved exit logic so that it isn’t too cautious in holding players during a pit-stop.

4. Puncture frequency reduced – The likelihood of players suffering punctures has been reduced.

5. Pit-stop lock-ups - Fixed several instances which caused the pit crew to lock-up and not be able to service the cars.

6. Automatically updating race strategy – Selecting prime tyres from the tyre menu (over default option) now updates the strategy so that the pit-crew assign options during the pit stop as opposed to re-attaching another set of primes (in a dry race of 20% or more).

7. First lap calculates correctly – The lap time for the first lap of the race now calculates correctly, from the lights going out as opposed to the cars crossing the start line.

In addition to these fixes we’ve also made improvements to the game based on your forum feedback:-

1. OSD changes – showing split times rather than gap to leader – We’ve changed how the OSD timing information functions so that split times are now displayed on the OSD, showing race time and race time differences to the other cars – I.e. how far ahead/behind are at a sector boundary.

2. AI affected more by damage received – Damage sustained by an AI’s car will have a greater effect their handling characteristics, effectively slowing damaged AI down more. AI cars that cannot maintain a racing speed will naturally yield to faster cars & come into the pits for repairs. As before, If they receive too much damage, they will retire from the race.

3. AI yielding to other cars when not on flying lap in qualifying - Improved AI behaviour to move off the racing line or out of the player’s way when the player is on a flying lap.

4. Increased wheel support – Increased wheel support and force feedback tweaks (where applicable) for the following wheels; Thrustmaster Ferrari F430 Force Feedback (officially supported), Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience (officially supported), Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Pro Clutch (not officially supported but will work), Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S & GT3 RS2 (both officially supported).

5. Wet weather improvements - Rebalanced graphical and handling effect of cars driving on a wet track - the level of wetness has been increased as well as tyre trails being made more prominent.

6. Improved Damage Modelling – Tweaks to the damage system so that more damage is visible / received during lesser impacts.

7. Next lap invalidated time trial logic - In time trial the next lap is no longer invalidated for any offence committed in the 3rd sector. It is calculated per track and is predominantly based on the final corner.

8. AI: Driver Behaviours - Addressed some issues in driver behaviour balancing that were causing occasionally unrealistic finishing positions.

There have also been several PC specific improvements as well:-

1. PC 'replay saving' and playback – You will be able to save out the files to replay them later or share them with others.

2. DX11 – The F1 2010 patch will enable the game to run on DX11. All of the graphical improvements are configurable from graphical options when in DX11. Specifically, "ultra" settings for 'shadows' and 'postprocess'. (These options require a lot of processing power, and are only recommended for high-end graphics cards.

3. Eyefinity Support – F1 2010 now supports 3 x 1 or 3 x 2 monitor display setups (minimum requirement of 3 x monitors)

4. Optimisations – We have made better use of multi-core processors in general, which will lead to better framerates on higher end machines.

5. Additional Support - Support for SandyBridge processors, which also adds support for currently available 'modern' processors, like Core i7, which wasn't correctly detected previously.

rass

Bernbaum said:
Ninjaction? Hahaha, my first game was 'Ninjadventure'!

Hi five!
haha awesome.
my next game will be ninjawesome
My first game was a robot adventure game called robotototototo, it tanked hard.

and Shaneus, your plastic instruments are safe to continue clogging up storage space in your residence! One of my mates is lending me Guitar Hero + 2 guitars, the gf and I will never be bored again

So my (boxed) copy of Fallout NV is going to arrive tomorrow, but Steam says it doesn't unlock until Friday at Midday.

I have a bad feeling even though I own a box copy I won't be able to play until Friday. Does anyone know what usually happens with Steamworks games in this situation?

Agyar

Omi said:
Watched the Super Meat Boy quicklook this morning and now fucking excited.

Super Meat Boy seems to be another throwback platformer I have little interest in. I watched some of the GB quicklook and it did nothing for me.

Omikron

Agyar said:
Super Meat Boy seems to be another throwback platformer I have little interest in. I watched some of the GB quicklook and it did nothing for me.

Maybe, I have been playing a lot of PC shooters lately along with Civ. Might be a reason to drag out my Wii and play some games on the couch for the first time in months.

Shaneus

rass: all good!

All: Any idea when we're getting DJ Hero 2 here? I may contemplate not ditching the controller after all...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bernbaum said:
It's Vanquish eve.

I've set up my stocking and laid out a plate of milk, cookies and cigarettes for Shinji Claus.

Someone elsewhere explained vanquish as a mix of gears of war and bayonetta on some sort of drug at 60fps.

Wonder if Mars now interested.

Mar

evlcookie said:
Someone elsewhere explained vanquish as a mix of gears of war and bayonetta on some sort of drug at 60fps.

Wonder if Mars now interested.

I've been following this game and, really, Platinum Games have a free pass to my pants; whatever they make is going to be quality and polished to the utmost degree. However, Vanquish unfortunately falls in a weird spot for me:

1. I don't like the themes. Like Ice T, I don't like 'space games'.
2. DEAR GOD THERE ARE TOO MANY GAMES TO PLAY.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Yea i didn't think it was at 60. I think the demo thread had 30fps in the title, but i'm guessing it runs smooth.

I honestly have no games to play. So i'm not too sure where all the OMG GAMEZ is coming from. I might pick up shank and deathspank this month but that's about it. I haven't looked at any lists though and gone through it, so i'm sure i could be missing a few things.

rass

I saw an ad for Medal of Honour on tv last night - right up until it said "medal of honour: subtitle" I thought it was modern warfare 3. They look like the same game :/

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Good Nintendo news Australia!

newwiibundleblack.jpg

New Wii bundles with Wii Sports Resort + Wii Remote Plus for $299

Also Wii Remote Plus coming to Australia next week and Classic Controller Pro's available separately.

Mar

evlcookie said:
I honestly have no games to play. So i'm not too sure where all the OMG GAMEZ is coming from. I might pick up shank and deathspank this month but that's about it. I haven't looked at any lists though and gone through it, so i'm sure i could be missing a few things.

Allow me to update my list.

Playing:

Crackdown 2
Limbo
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Dead Rising 2
Castlevania: Harmony of Despair

Bought and yet to play:

VVVVVV
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Dragon Age: Origins - Leliana's Song
DOOM 2
Prototype
Bioshock 2
Red Faction Guerrilla
The Club
Tome Raider Underwold
Too Human
Red Dead Redemption
God Hand
Tusker
Conan
Silent Hill

Buying soon / when available:

Super Meat Boy
Scott Pilgrim
Sonic the Hedgehog 4
Splatterhouse
Alan Wake - The Writer
Left 4 Dead - The Sacrifice
Left 4 Dead 2 - The Sacrifice
Fable III
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Gahoole

Want to buy:

Deathspank
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Halo Reach
Halo ODST
Resident Evil 5

Need to get back to:

Mega Man 9
Splosion Man
Final Fight Double Impact
The Secret of Monkey Island
The Dishwasher Dead Samurai
N+
Sonic Unleashed
Condemned 2
Bioshock
Modern Warfare 2
Brutal Legend
Left 4 Dead
Bayonetta
R-Type Dimensions
FEAR 2
Crackdown
DOOM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 XBLA

Axiom

rass said:
I saw an ad for Medal of Honour on tv last night - right up until it said "medal of honour: subtitle" I thought it was modern warfare 3. They look like the same game :/
When I was at Armageddon the Dick Smith booth had Medal of Honor running and everyone that came up to it muttered to their friend wondering if it was Black Ops...without fail.

Nobody cared once they were told it was MoH. This is also where I left my cousin to keep playing MoH because there was so little interest that there was no need for the people running it to get him off the machine.

In fact the conversation people had around it involved MAG and then the lack of HD cables with HD systems.

Choc

Banned
Axiom said:
When I was at Armageddon the Dick Smith booth had Medal of Honor running and everyone that came up to it muttered to their friend wondering if it was Black Ops...without fail.

Nobody cared once they were told it was MoH. This is also where I left my cousin to keep playing MoH because there was so little interest that there was no need for the people running it to get him off the machine.

In fact the conversation people had around it involved MAG and then the lack of HD cables with HD systems.

1.5 million in the US day one can't be wrong ;)

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mar said:
Allow me to update my list.

Interested:
Dead Rising 2

Bought and played for 5 minutes:

VVVVVV

Buying soon / when available:

Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (Depends on demo)

Want to buy:

Deathspank

My list out of all the games you posted. See what i mean when there's nothing really coming out that i'm interested in? :lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fredescu said:
To be fair, there's nothing really out that you're interested in either.

I guess. I haven't paid much attention to it all. Too much TF2 and doing random shit.

NFS is about the only title i'm really interested in. IF it does arcade racing correctly.

Choc

Banned
its out

JB sydney has it
Game broadway has it
EB syd city has it

ive seen it around

it was a limited release though... due to low retailer interest (what the fuck eh?)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It's NBA Jam, but it's still NBA i guess. Didn't help they stuffed up the Wii version, everyone will hang for the HD one now.

Choc

Banned
alright bitches i am coming to Melbourne and apparently mana bar is opening very soon if not already open

who wants to come punch me in the face (like i know you want to)?

Might get in touch with the boys and get some NFS HP previewing going on as well..

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Mana Bar isn't opening until mid december. So drunk punching in the face could be a while away.

You coming down for a visit or moving here to EA offices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom