• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Played the demo twice in the last few days to satiate my hunger. Felt the need to get my chops up before submitting myself to the full experience.

I admit to needlessly (and intentionally) getting caught up in the hype, so I'm jumping in with high expectations. Considering the talent involved, however, I can probably be excused.

The OT turned into a bit of a poo-fest, and I avoided the discussion once the dubious reviews started coming in. There were some unabashed Platinum apologists in there who should probably be a bit more realistic about how the game's short length may affect its replayability. As Rez may well agree, I connect strongly with the 'feel' and responsiveness of a game before I can start to engage with any narrative that may exist. For me, Bayonetta was all about the damned-perfect blocking system, and it's the little nuances like that which will make me play an action game more than once.

Guess I'll find out for sure in a few hours!

The demo was sweet, I plan to buy and play it before the end of the year just so I make sure it's in my GOTY list on Giantbomb.

Speaking of Giant Bomb, if you have an account you should add me as a friend (same name as here). Also, a reminder to add me on Twitter as well (lorcanw).

Mar

Agyar said:
The demo was sweet, I plan to buy and play it before the end of the year just so I make sure it's in my GOTY list on Giantbomb.

Speaking of Giant Bomb, if you have an account you should add me as a friend (same name as here). Also, a reminder to add me on Twitter as well (lorcanw).

You weren't on my bomb, you are now on my bomb.

Also, my bomb.

Ventron

Bern, what's your Twitter name? I'd like to add you.

For anyone who wants to do the same to me: MikeVentron.
I try to talk often about the Xbox Indie Game I'm developing called Bonded Realities.

/shamelessplug

Axiom

My Bomb is Axiomatic.

Fuck getting The Kid in Super Meat Boy BTW.

Are Microsoft Points standardised or do they change with exchange rate? Costume Quest is $17 on PSN I think, and thus I imagine slightly cheaper

Axiom said:
My Bomb is Axiomatic.

Fuck getting The Kid in Super Meat Boy BTW.

Are Microsoft Points standardised or do they change with exchange rate? Costume Quest is $17 on PSN I think, and thus I imagine slightly cheaper

No they're always the same (depending where you buy them... but they don't change with the dollar).

CryptiK

Might as well check here...

But anyone interested in buying any of this crapola?

WWE Pack:
1 Nexus Shirt Large(exactly like the ones they wear and its brand new)
Summer Slam DVD(SEALED)
1x Hurricane Figurine WWE Series 5(In Box)
1x Batista Figurine WWE Series 5 (In box)
(Offer up for this pack check out the pics)

Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition(SEALED!)
3 Resident Evil 5 Figurines Brand new(loose they were this way when I recieved them)
Daxter PSP(Plat)
Resistance Retribution PSP
GOW Collection(US Ver)

8GB iPod Nano Purple 5th Gen with camera(see pics will also throw in a free case)

Pictures
http://imgur.com/k3Ezn.jpg
http://imgur.com/hbYcY.jpg
http://imgur.com/xaO1b.jpg

iPod
http://imgur.com/Z4qQU.jpg
http://imgur.com/eyrei.jpg
http://imgur.com/oMY4w.jpg

Axiom

They were selling Nexus shirts at Armageddon for $45 a pop. At that point I decided I was against them in spite of Wade being awesome.

I don't really blame Ricki for reacting like that, we all wish we were that smooth. Though I sure think I am when I've had a few drinks.

Omikron

Finished Monkey Island 2 Special Edition the other day and I was wondering how the hell I managed to finish it when I was younger (was ~9/10 when it came out I think), anyway, led me into thinking about games I never did finish from that era and found these few gems.

The Savage Empire - Played with no manual and was flying a bit blind on what I had to do. Never did kill the bloody T-Rex. :lol

Jurassic Park (PC) - Played this on the PC, game was a weird combo of isometric 3rd person with some FPS bits... not that I actually remember the FPS bits that much, more the annoying level with the blocks ni this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACPV-HjXxDo&NR=1

1869 - Economic Trading game... no idea why I played it, but god damn if I wasn't addicted to trying to get good prices for my goods! :D - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNEqYX8jRUs

Fredescu

BanShunsaku said:
Holy shit, Fallout New Vegas is good.

Got seriously sucked into it last night, work today is going to be tough :lol
Same, I had trouble putting it down. I'd take some days off work for this if I didn't have other responsibilities.

Choc

Banned
Fredescu said:
Same, I had trouble putting it down. I'd take some days off work for this if I didn't have other responsibilities.

i was loving it then i got to a point where i need 2000 caps and cracked the shits

so sick of games pulling that shit

whats a good way to make easy caps?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc said:
i was loving it then i got to a point where i need 2000 caps and cracked the shits

so sick of games pulling that shit

whats a good way to make easy caps?

That was like in the original yakuza or maybe it was #2. Where you needed something like $500k for some mission. I couldn't be fucked so i quit.

I too hate that shit.

Choc you must be flying through the game... I've played about 4-5 hours and I've only just got to the second town. I can't help myself with Bethesda RPGs. I get distracted so easily.

I already have 1200 or so caps so I guess I won't have any trouble once It comes time to part with 2000... I really need to stop playing games of Caravan though as I have no idea how the fuck it works yet I keep playing it with people and losing my caps.

Seriously though does anyone understand Caravan? I read the instructions several times and I can't get the hang of it :(

Bernbaum

Despite my appreciation for the Bombcast and their delightful Quick Looks, I don't have a Giant Bomb account. What are the perks? I'm not interested the forums.

Choc

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Choc you must be flying through the game... I've played about 4-5 hours and I've only just got to the second town. I can't help myself with Bethesda RPGs. I get distracted so easily.

I already have 1200 or so caps so I guess I won't have any trouble once It comes time to part with 2000... I really need to stop playing games of Caravan though as I have no idea how the fuck it works yet I keep playing it with people and losing my caps.

Seriously though does anyone understand Caravan? I read the instructions several times and I can't get the hang of it :(

I'm halfway through teh main quest so they say.......

i played the SHIT out of it last night, and hence am tired today

for caravan, youtube is your friend.

Damn, I read that as GOATSE.

I need sleep.

EDIT: Thanks for the Caravan advice Choc, I'll check youtube out tonight. I need to win some money back from that old coot in Primm.

Mar

Bernbaum said:
Despite my appreciation for the Bombcast and their delightful Quick Looks, I don't have a Giant Bomb account. What are the perks? I'm not interested the forums.

It's the best achievement tracker and profile builder around games on the internets that I've found. It's the service that Microsoft should have built and probably would have if they weren't idiots.

legend166

Arkham Asylum GOTY edition on sale on Steam for $13.60.

I've played through it on the 360 but I think I'll double dip.

If you haven't played it, buy it ASAP. So good.

Edit: It has SecureROM though D:

SecuROM™
4 machine activation limit

Bernbaum

commanderdeek said:
So what's the verdict on Vanquish?
Only managed to complete the first Act last night, but it's looking to be the electronic entertainment equivalent of eating fresh blueberry pancakes off of Scarlett Johansson's ample bosom.

Aon

Go hunting in either scorpion or those giant houseflies whose name begins with C territory Choc, you get like 85 caps for most kills. My strategy with the flying bastards is to cripple a wing to force them to the ground, my strategy with scorpions is S plus left mouse button!

Agyar

Mar said:
It's the best achievement tracker and profile builder around games on the internets that I've found. It's the service that Microsoft should have built and probably would have if they weren't idiots.

Plus you can make sweet lists and read/edit the wiki. I've started using the GB lists to track my backlog and wishlist.

pilonv1

How do you not get money in Fallout? Steal stuff, sell it to a vendor. Level up repair/medicine so you don't need to pay for it.

I've never had money issues.

Mar

Agyar said:
Plus you can make sweet lists and read/edit the wiki. I've started using the GB lists to track my backlog and wishlist.

Oh yeah, lists are cool too. In fact I should make one to track my backlog too. Certainly beats having an open tab in my browser dedicated to a gaf post from months back.

Agyar

Mar said:
Oh yeah, lists are cool too. In fact I should make one to track my backlog too. Certainly beats having an open tab in my browser dedicated to a gaf post from months back.

I even made a list to track 2010 releases I've played so far, so I actually remember what I've played when I need to make my GOTY list (spoiler: I'm ranking them as I go).

Mar

Agyar said:
I even made a list to track 2010 releases I've played so far, so I actually remember what I've played when I need to make my GOTY list (spoiler: I'm ranking them as I go).

That's a cool idea. I often have to go through other people's goaties to remember what came out during the year. The problem being I play and like weird stuff, and they don't often jive with other people's likes.

Also, lists done.

Edit: Hmm, Bayonetta your front runner huh? I wasn't aware you played it much. You have good taste sir.

Bernbaum

Goty.cx lists are weird. I'll have a good idea what I enjoyed most over the year and occasionally there'll be a standout like Bioshock or Super Mario Galaxy, but I'm just not so keen on ranking anything. How do I gauge whether a JRPG was a better experience than say, a short but sweet XBLA title?

That said, Bayonetta and SMG2 are the top two games I can shoot off the top of my head as this year's best. There's a few high-profile games that I was genuinely disappointed with, but I'll avoid being a sadsack and won't mention them.

Agyar

Mar said:
Edit: Hmm, Bayonetta your front runner huh? I wasn't aware you played it much. You have good taste sir.

I thought you knew I was way into it (although I didn't complete all the playthroughs like you did. I should go back and complete it properly, but I have eighty million other games to play. It's easily the best game I've played this year and in my opinion the best game in its genre, which definitely makes it worthy of goty.cx.

Looking over my 2010 played list, it's shaping up to be a really solid list, even more so than last year. With high hopes pinned on Vanquish and Fable 3, the top end of my list could be up for some movement before the year is out and I've already got 10 really good games more-or-less in place.

Choc

Banned
yeah i havent been playing FONV like i did fo3 which is dumb

i need to realise i should pick everything up and sell it

urgh, will try tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom