• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernbaum

So uh, is Brisbane having it's council elections today? My brother just rang me up saying he saw a church in Indooro all set up for voting. I'm out for the arvo and can't find anything online.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
So uh, is Brisbane having it's council elections today? My brother just rang me up saying he saw a church in Indooro all set up for voting. I'm out for the arvo and can't find anything online.

It's just some by-election.

legend166

My glasses broke on the 4th hole of my golf game today :|

I had to play the rest of the round not being able to see anything. My eye sight is atrocious.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
legend166 said:
My glasses broke on the 4th hole of my golf game today :|

I had to play the rest of the round not being able to see anything. My eye sight is atrocious.

o_O fuck.

How'd you do? My eye sight is so bad I would have just walked off and gone home. Theres no way in hell I'd be able to see my ball past 3m, and I'd feel like a jerk if my mates had to spot for me

Shaneus

Fuck, Vanquish is good? I was having such a good run of not buying full-priced games recently, now I find that DJ Hero 2 is decent, Rock Band 3 is almost out and now Vanquish is pretty good, too.

Shit.

Maybe I should just sit down, watch Marine Boy and wait for this hangover to subside... fuck gaming!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh shit, It's bad game WoW talk!

http://ausgaffe.wikidot.com/wowaa

Current list of those who are potentials for a terrible ausgaf guild when cata comes out. If you're interested then let me know or add your name / details. We will be leveling from scratch hopefully as a guild. Some will be late since they have mains they play, but it's all casual crap. No one is expected to spend 12hrs a day leveling.

HolyCheck

evlcookie said:

Current list of those who are potentials for a terrible ausgaf guild when cata comes out. If you're interested then let me know or add your name / details. We will be leveling from scratch hopefully as a guild. Some will be late since they have mains they play, but it's all casual crap. No one is expected to spend 12hrs a day leveling.

lol wow nerds.

Bernbaum

Dammit, my TV's not working. I go out to the shops while I let some TV shows download, I come back and now the standby light won't come on. Tried plugging/unplugging - nothing works.

I really don't have the time to sort out warranties and that shit this week either.

:(

EDIT: Crisis over. TV wouldn't turn on while my PC was still on. They're sharing a switchboard. I turn my PC off, then the telly comes back on standby, turn on my PC and I'm back in business. Hmmmm... Hmmm...

hamchan

evlcookie said:

I'm playing too.

I have a lvl 64 Priest that I'm willing to transfer to whatever server we're on. I'm also willing to create any new class.

Deeku

Bernbaum said:
Pity on thee who chooses not to experience the sheer majesty of Vanquish.

Avoid at your peril.
Gahh gonna buy it during the week. Haven't bought a console game in a looong time for some reason. And from the looks of things, Vanquish might be the last console game I buy for the year.

Good thing though is that my ds/psp pile of mostly unopened import rpgs just keeps growing, so hopefully they will get me through the summer.

Steam just deleted the game data for Dead Rising 2 and Borderlands.

FUCK

Edit: It's all gone. All my game data. 200gb or more. I need to go lie down now.

Cohsae

fappenmeister said:

FUCK

Edit: It's all gone. All my game data. 200gb or more. I need to go lie down now.
Ouch. Major ouch.

Rezbit

fappenmeister said:

FUCK

WTF? Why would something like that happen? As a non-gaming PC owner, DD scares me for this reason.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Fapp just run recuva or something over the drive. See if it can restore the files, you will need another hard drive to restore too though.

Rahk

fappenmeister said:

FUCK

It probably makes me a dick, but I laughed at that. Sorry. :(

Hopefully you're with an ISP that has free content servers.

Omikron

fappenmeister said:

FUCK

That hurts, any friends you can take an external drive round to to at least grab some of teh data without downloading?

evlcookie said:

Im planning on starting again when cata comes out so i might be able to join.

I am laughing now, it is pretty funny actually. Was having trouble with updating the Steam client, deleting ClientRegistry.blob didn't work after an hour so I tried a repair install, it hung and then some crap happened and it deleted my data.

No mates with the content backed up, but honestly barely ever played any of the games aside from perhaps 3 or 4. Will wait and download them during off peak. :(

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Just posting to

A) retag thread

And

B) tell you to play Vanquish

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
And Costume Quest is totally rad, worth every cent. Shame the title is unspeakably shitty.

Bernbaum

Vanquish is mightily exhilarating, but you already knew that I know that.

To bring you up to speed since your time in the sinbin, I am changing my name by deed poll to 'Burnbernblum.'

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fappenmeister said:
I am laughing now, it is pretty funny actually. Was having trouble with updating the Steam client, deleting ClientRegistry.blob didn't work after an hour so I tried a repair install, it hung and then some crap happened and it deleted my data.

No mates with the content backed up, but honestly barely ever played any of the games aside from perhaps 3 or 4. Will wait and download them during off peak. :(

If you need any games someone might be able to throw em onto a few dvds and send them too you.

Found this on reddit for costume quest. Makes me want to play it, but no pc version and i wasn't flawed by the trailers / footage. Eh

OTVdc.jpg

Nemesis_

Vanquish is amazing. I'm playing on Hard and am currently up to Act 2 without dying once. Got about 30 PanGloss Statues too.

It's epic. So epic. There's just so much, I don't know, satisfaction from playing this game right.

legend166

Awesome, I can't wait for Vanquish to arrive. In the mean time, I'm replaying Arkham Asylum on the PC.

More games need to be like this. It's so great.

Choc, any idea if stores are going to break with RB3? Has your keyboard shipped yet?

Aon

I only allowed myself to flash it on and off, after hearing other people complain about how it made the game worse for them :D

Omikron

Aon said:
I only allowed myself to flash it on and off, after hearing other people complain about how it made the game worse for them :D

Wouldn't say it made the game worse, I just think it was an oversight on the parts of the developer trusting that the player wouldn't use it in such a way. It certainly made the game easier in a lot of respects leaving it on. ;)

Anyway.

Question: Plugged in Wii for the first time in forever on the weekend, tried out an old GC game I have been meaning to get around to playing. And the display is all fucked up. Anchors the image in the top left hand corner of screen and maybe only uses 3/4 of the displayable area? Very strange. Anyone else experienced this? Google is not being helpful.

I kinda figure I must be missing an option somewhere. Note I am using component cables, if that is at all useful. And Wii games display fine.

MrSerrels

Wanted to like Costume Quest, dialgogue is great, but just found it a bit repetitive, fetch quest after fetch quest.

Maybe I need to give it more time.

Super Meat Boy on the other hand. Hook it to my veins. Rub it on my eyeballs. Etc.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Anyone ever gotten a random email from someone they used to play a game with online years ago?

An old WoW buddy, from 4 years ago, sent me an email on friday. I only found it after randomly checking my shitty email addresses. Took me by surprise since i haven't heard from him in about as many years.

Choc

Banned
legend166 said:
Awesome, I can't wait for Vanquish to arrive. In the mean time, I'm replaying Arkham Asylum on the PC.

More games need to be like this. It's so great.

Choc, any idea if stores are going to break with RB3? Has your keyboard shipped yet?

dunno if they will break, maybe if they get the instruments soon.....

no :\

has yours

HolyCheck

I got a buddy who's pretty keen to get back into WoW with us, he played for 3 years when it first came out, then quit.. but now he's pumped for cata.. not sure what he wants to play yet (as he was keen on worgan lolol)

hamchan

Syth_Blade22 said:
I got a buddy who's pretty keen to get back into WoW with us, he played for 3 years when it first came out, then quit.. but now he's pumped for cata.. not sure what he wants to play yet (as he was keen on worgan lolol)

Remember everyone to use the WoW's Scroll of Resurrection which gives you a months free play time if you send an invite to any pre-WotLK subscriber and they resub.

Also if anyone wants to start a new account someone should use https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html.

HolyCheck

hamchan said:
Remember everyone to use the WoW's Scroll of Resurrection which gives you a months free play time if you send an invite to any pre-WotLK subscriber and they resub.

Also if anyone wants to start a new account someone should use https://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account/recruit-a-friend.html.

Noice, I'll be making a new account.. or trying to get my hacked account sorted out.

Friend wants to be a worgan so bad. I'll have to hit him.

Just so everyone can laugh at how badly hacked it is.

I have to send blizzard copies of my passport + other ID.

I'm officially obsessed with Fallout New Vegas.... It has now entered GOTY territory for me :D

There aren't many games that make me sit at work thinking about them. I've going through my current quests in my head and figuring out which way I'm going to go about approaching them... And I already know I won't be getting much sleep tonight! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom