• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
fappenmeister said:
Just been around but not playing games as I can't be bothered after work. :lol You?

Same old. Posting too much in ausgaf threads, sitting in steam chat 24/7 and doing nothing constructive at all.

You get your metallica tickets yet?

Clipper

Neverender said:
All the cool kids eat cheesybite now
Ugh! I absolutely adore Vegemite and can't stand Cheesybite. I still have a 3/4 full small jar of "Name Me" in the fridge despite going through many jars of the awesome original version of the spread.

Nemesis_

So I am sure people will be interested in this.

Still funny to see that Crackdown 2 DLC = Crackdown 1 DLC. The team really don't seem to have any creativity anymore. >_>

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside, the action in Pacific City rages on. Coming soon to Xbox LIVE Marketplace, Microsoft Game Studios and Ruffian Games keep the “Crackdown 2” adrenaline pumping with “Toy Box,” the first Game Add-on for the action-packed, open world Xbox 360 exclusive. “Toy Box” offers “Crackdown 2” fans free downloadable content and an additional premium content pack for 560 Microsoft Points to keep the guns blazing and the bodies flying long after you rid Pacific City of crime and injustice.

The “Toy Box” Game Add-on is a literal free-for-all, offering all “Crackdown 2” owning fans the new Vehicle Tag mode, a Level 6 ability reward and the Keys to the City at no cost to bring the high-flying action to even greater heights. For fans who want to take things to the next level, “Toy Box” also comes with bonus content that can be purchased for 560 Microsoft Points, including 10 new Achievements, Avatar Awards and new vehicles and gadgets.

“Toy Box” offers explosive free Game Add-on content to all “Crackdown 2” owning fans:

· Keys to the City: Made notorious in the first “Crackdown” expansion as the ultimate cheat mode, Keys to the City returns to “Crackdown 2” and puts an even bigger set of tools at your disposal, including God Mode, Infinite Ammo, Fly Cam, spawning of weapons, gadgets and more, the ability to freeze the time of day, and pushing all skills to the maximum to become faster, stronger and more lethal.

· Level 6 Reward: Fans who reach Level 6 on all Agent skills will be rewarded with the new Thruster Ability. Thruster Ability is like having jetpacks for your boots, giving Agents built-in vertical propulsion to activate flying with the Wingsuit no matter where you are in the game.

· Vehicle Tag*: Once you’re done taking down the Freaks and the Cell, join your friends for a thrilling new multiplayer mode where up to eight Agents can compete in these six arenas: Speed is the Quay, Industrial Action, Maim Street, Skid Row, Beachhead and The Sum of Human Knowledge.

If that’s not enough to get your heart racing, fans can purchase additional in-game content to extend their gaming experience for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace:

· Two New Vehicles*: Access two new vehicles: the wall climbing aquatic mini-tank called the Agency ATV and the Squad Chopper, which allows four players to jump in and man their own weapon, including the proximity mine launcher, precision rocket launcher, twin machine guns and nose machine gun.

· Five New Toys*: Whether you’re soaring to greater heights or orchestrating a massive explosion, get creative with the following new toys: The Mass Driver (turreted gravity bending weapon), Portable Launch Pads (allows Agents to create their own launch pad jumps), Stickler Grenade (bouncing grenade that sets off smaller explosive charges as it bounces), Thrusters (allow vertical thrust), and Mags on Characters (allow Mag Grenades to be attached to characters).

· Two Avatar Awards: Deck your Agent in the latest gear. “Toy Box” offers two Avatar Awards to customize your Xbox LIVE Avatar with the Xbox Green Suit (must complete the Rocketeer Achievement) and Green Helmet.

· 10 New Achievements: Pacific City never sleeps and neither do the exploits. Industrious Agents will be rewarded with 10 new Achievements and 250 Gamerscore:

1) Beyond the Infinite

2) Run Get to the Chopper

3) Rocketeer

4) Tac Loc Takedown

5) Burnt Offerings

6) Mile High Club

7) Never Give It Up

8) One Careful Driver

9) Wing a Ding Ding

10) Hung Out To Dry

· Eight Agent Suit Colors: Pick up eight new shades of in-game armor for your Agent:

1) Peacekeeper

2) Terror Firma

3) Agent Orange

4) May Contain Nuts

5) Minti-Sting

6) Mega Agent

7) Haz Mat

8) Dem Apples

evlcookie said:
Same old. Posting too much in ausgaf threads, sitting in steam chat 24/7 and doing nothing constructive at all.

You get your metallica tickets yet?

Yeah man, they're in my undies drawer. You get all of the ones you ordered or did they only send four?

trinest

Clipper said:
Ugh! I absolutely adore Vegemite and can't stand Cheesybite. I still have a 3/4 full small jar of "Name Me" in the fridge despite going through many jars of the awesome original version of the spread.
Haahaa.

Cheesybite: Good for Soyos.
Vegemite: Everything else.

rass

thanks for the xbox live info y'all - I'll poke around the website some more then probably give up and call customer support.

also,
ducks are officially ruined for me :lol
14mz4o9.jpg

rehosted from reddit, found via thedailywh.at

Mar

rass said:
thanks for the xbox live info y'all - I'll poke around the website some more then probably give up and call customer support.

also,
14mz4o9.jpg

Fuck me, you aren't wrong. I'll never look at another duck the same again.

Choc

Banned
Shame, David Wildgoose did a fantastic job with K AU

I highly doubt someone without experience will get it

My tip is Junglist (who fills in for Dave when he is away) or Seamus Burnley

Also

Kane and Lynch 2 is one of the worst video games ever made, discuss.

Choc said:

Also

Did it even come out at full price?

Seems like places are selling it for $80 or less :lol

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:

Also

That's is why I am applying (maybe).

trinest

rass said:

also,
14mz4o9.jpg

Keaton_Mask.png

Mar

VOOK said:
That's is why I am applying (maybe).

You should do it man, you'd be in with a good chance I'd reckon. I wrote up a cover letter and started editing my CV when I realised I was kidding myself, all I've got to my name is a Gamasutra blog and a few personal web projects :lol

Maybe in another 2 years...

Agyar

Mar said:
You should do it man, you'd be in with a good chance I'd reckon. I wrote up a cover letter and started editing my CV when I realised I was kidding myself, all I've got to my name is a Gamasutra blog and a few personal web projects :lol

I started playing Alan Wank, see previous post for details as requested.

CryptiK

Mar said:

You said today is the day for the website YOU SAID!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For anyone who uses freys 3fl filter for steam, the NSW server has a new IP address. Freys should update the app soon.

Original post was on WP here. Sounds like valve might update the servers more often, hope that's the case.

Mar

Agyar said:
I started playing Alan Wank, see previous post for details as requested.

Yeah I read your post and it sounds like you're enjoying it. My qualm with the episode thing is that it doesn't end properly in my opinion. As far as I could tell there's no button to press to go back to title, the only thing you can do is continue into the next episode. That annoyed me more than anything because you'd have to get part way into the synopsis of the last one you just played before being able to quit out, which is like spoiling the next episode for yourself before you've managed to end your gaming session.

I don't know, that annoyed me more than it should have probably.

CryptiK said:
You said today is the day for the website YOU SAID!

And it's still today, just getting one last thing done. This has all taken much more time than I expected.

Also, don't get your hopes up... There's not much there yet. I fear people are going to expect a Giantbomb like web page and be totally disappointed :lol

Set expectations to low.

Agyar

Mar said:
Yeah I read your post and it sounds like you're enjoying it. My qualm with the episode thing is that it doesn't end properly in my opinion. As far as I could tell there's no button to press to go back to title, the only thing you can do is continue into the next episode. That annoyed me more than anything because you'd have to get part way into the synopsis of the last one you just played before being able to quit out, which is like spoiling the next episode for yourself before you've managed to end your gaming session.

I also looked for this option but you can quit to the dashboard from that screen, which is essentially the same thing if you want to stop playing.

CryptiK

Mar said:

And it's still today, just getting one last thing done. This has all taken much more time than I expected.

Also, don't get your hopes up... There's not much there yet. I fear people are going to expect a Giantbomb like web page and be totally disappointed :lol

Set expectations to low.
You'll be right!

Mar

Ok, I guess it's somewhat ready:

http://www.gamecrux.com

Silly name, maybe. But I think it works. It sounds like a swear word which could be a good thing...

Videos are terrible, I need better equipment.

The wiki is populated with a list 'someone' at Krome gave me. Some of those need to be changed from Melbourne House to Beam Software or maybe even Krome. That all has to be researched. It doesn't include most of Krome's listed titles though, yet. It's pretty naked at the moment but I'm hoping people will help with putting info in there.

The forum is a forum.. I'm unsure if it's even something I need but it's there anyway. I don't expect any GAF people to create accounts there because we all talk here. It may stay static for all I know. If you do sign up though, you have to have 3 approved posts before becoming a member that can post unmoderated. I wrestled with the settings for hours and couldn't change that.

I had planned to make it public with a lot more content but man, it took way too much time just getting that there. I'm starting to think my 1 review a week may have been over optimistic too... We'll see.

Now, tell me it's horrible and pick it apart. I'm going to the shops so I won't hear you anyway!

Mar

evlcookie said:
Mar speaks and has a clear voice. He speaks well.

/internet hi-5

Thanks. The iPhone in a candle stick on a stool recording video with a third party app is possibly the dodgiest way to do it, but at least the voice comes through ok.

Mar

VOOK said:
Time for a capture card Mar.

Yeah, that will be my first purchase. I also want to get a faster Macbook (this one blows for video editing) and Photoshop (GIMP is just too frustrating). But a capture card has to happen sooner rather than later.

Mar

Gazunta's silence is killing me. Remember Gaz, full ten point scale! My 5 is most other publications 7!

/goes to bed and cries myself to sleep

Dead Man

Mar said:
Ok, I guess it's somewhat ready:

http://www.gamecrux.com

Silly name, maybe. But I think it works. It sounds like a swear word which could be a good thing...

Videos are terrible, I need better equipment.

The wiki is populated with a list 'someone' at Krome gave me. Some of those need to be changed from Melbourne House to Beam Software or maybe even Krome. That all has to be researched. It doesn't include most of Krome's listed titles though, yet. It's pretty naked at the moment but I'm hoping people will help with putting info in there.

The forum is a forum.. I'm unsure if it's even something I need but it's there anyway. I don't expect any GAF people to create accounts there because we all talk here. It may stay static for all I know. If you do sign up though, you have to have 3 approved posts before becoming a member that can post unmoderated. I wrestled with the settings for hours and couldn't change that.

I had planned to make it public with a lot more content but man, it took way too much time just getting that there. I'm starting to think my 1 review a week may have been over optimistic too... We'll see.

Now, tell me it's horrible and pick it apart. I'm going to the shops so I won't hear you anyway!
I haven't played either of those games, but I like your writing style.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Mar said:
Gazunta's silence is killing me. Remember Gaz, full ten point scale! My 5 is most other publications 7!

/goes to bed and cries myself to sleep

I use the 10 point scale :D

Gazunta

Don't stress :)

I think you were pretty spot on actually. (To be honest I don't think I've ever read a review of the game I've disagreed with, though there is one notable exception I kept taped to my work desk for years, but that's a whole other story) I learned a lot of lessons from that game, and still remain very proud of it. More proud of the team, really, since they got that game out the door against a very tight deadline.

Anyway, onto more important matters - I think the Wiki should be the entire site, with your reviews featured on the main page of the wiki and also contained in the entry for each particular game. Just a thought, because an Australian-based game wiki is a great idea.

Keep at it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom