• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 2.0 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clipper

giri said:
If all you did was draw cocks, then it probably was allowed. Though it will be debatable if that would allow you to identify your ballot.
That matches my understanding, except you missed something in the description of identifying ballots. It's OK if you can identify your own ballot. That wouldn't be too hard. It's informal if somebody else can identify that it could be a particular person's ballot without knowing them personally. Thus, the identification rule is if he put down "Joe Bloggs loves you, Mr. Candidate" or "For a good time call: 04-XXXX-XXXX".

However, if any of the pictures obscured either the signature of the ballot distributor or any of the names of the candidates, that would also make it invalid.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Has anyone here quit there job because they believed they were underpaid and the idea of a pay rise to the company is some sort of strange 60s movement?

Choc

Banned
go out and apply for a similar job

get the higher rate offered

take it back to boss

they will eitehr tell you to go or give you the raise

either way you win

Clipper

DualShadow said:
:lol

We really need to go into OT or Gaming.
The thread actually fits in OT, though. Part of the major appeal of AusGAF was that we had virtually the only non-majority-gaming thread in Gaming. I suppose OT is acceptable if there is no other way, but my vote is for a return to Gaming, with an understanding that we version up (3.0, 4.0, etc.) every 10,000 posts or so (or whatever limit Evilore would prefer).

Clipper said:
The thread actually fits in OT, though. Part of the major appeal of AusGAF was that we had virtually the only non-majority-gaming thread in Gaming. I suppose OT is acceptable if there is no other way, but my vote is for a return to Gaming, with an understanding that we version up (3.0, 4.0, etc.) every 10,000 posts or so (or whatever limit Evilore would prefer).

Yeah we certainly fit in with OT the most but a return to Gaming with your suggestion would be awesome imo.

CryptiK

Choc said:
anyone who did a donkey vote on the day two Australian soldiers died in Afghanistan defending our freedom and right to vote (whether they should be there or not is another story) is a fucking disgrace
wow you brought something that is totally irrelevant into the this congratulations.

And dont you start on this fucking freedom bullshit especially when you were on of the people about 2 months ago saying this country has little.

legend166

Clipper said:

That sounds good to me.

I vote you to be our ambassador to NeoGAF mods.

Rahk

I don't think making a new thread and closing the old one solves that problem. At least the taking up space on the front page part.

markot

Banned
Rahk said:
I don't think making a new thread and closing the old one solves that problem. At least the taking up space on the front page part.
Evilore probably knows what he is talking about >.<

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Jane Kennedy wrote a cook book, she can cook?
http://janekennedyminustheboombah.wordpress.com/

She lives in Melbourne, and clearly taking her commitment to comedy too far, she and partner Rob Sitch have 5 children.

What the fuck, When did that happen?!

I figured she was still around working behind the scenes at working dog but had no idea she and sitchy were together and 5 kids.

And she is still kinda hot after all these years.

Sew

Choc said:
anyone who did a donkey vote on the day two Australian soldiers died in Afghanistan defending our freedom and right to vote (whether they should be there or not is another story) is a fucking disgrace
Ha ha.

rass

so uh...
how do you stop xbox live automatic renewals?
Mine is due shortly, we have no internet at home (and won't for a while, thanks to captain dickhead who lived there before us not disconnecting their internet/phone) - I can't seem to stop it on the website, all I can find is "call customer support". I don't want to cancel the account, just drop it back to silver.

Sew

rass said:
so uh...
Mine is due shortly, we have no internet at home (and won't for a while, thanks to captain dickhead who lived there before us not disconnecting their internet/phone) - I can't seem to stop it on the website, all I can find is "call customer support". I don't want to cancel the account, just drop it back to silver.
If the option is not available online, you'll have to call them. I hear it's pretty painless.

I don't know why it varies between accounts. I've been able to remove CC and auto-renew online, but not everyone can.

Mar

rass said:
so uh...

You have to call them. Prepare for torture of the absolute high degree.

Kritz

Banned
Choc said:

Choc, this is the closest I've seen you to acting like one of those batshit crazy Americans what watch the Fox News. And besides, if we're going to stick arbitrary reasons for death onto soldiers, we might as well amend "freedom and right to be indifferent in voting, to be silly with voting, or to improve voting with decorative ejaculating penises" to the end of that.

And because this post is just bound to offend someone, I am no way meaning to insult the two dudes what died while doing their job. I'm not trying to insult choc (with exception of his crazy old man logic). I just think that both handing these soldiers the position of "honorary martyr of the day" to try and prove a point, and forcing people to BE DEMOCRATIC AND HAVE YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE, UNLESS THAT CHOICE IS NOT TO CHOOSE, OR ELSE, is just as silly and probably altogether useless as the people what put previously mentioned penises in place of numbers on a piece of paper that decides what group of colossal idiots gets appointed to haphazardly run a country for three years before we get sick of those guys and pick another equally incompetent group of pillocks, when if this election is showing any fucking trend it's that nobody gives a shit anyway, maybe due to the two major parties collectively sucking more than adequate amount of dongs for anybody's liking.

Politics fucking sucks y'all.

Kritz

Banned
Mar said:
You have to call them. Prepare for torture of the absolute high degree.

No, you just need to log onto xbox.com and find the thingy that says "stop auto renewal" under some account panel something. Which is totally less shit.

Kritz

Banned
markot said:
Donkey votes are as Australian as Vegemite >_<

Except I cant stomach vegemite...

TEN THOUSAND VEGIMITE MAKING PEOPLE GOT HIT BY A LANDMINE AND DIED BECAUSE OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE YOU

oh god now I've actually become offensive

Mar

Kritz said:
Choc, this is the closest I've seen you to acting like one of those batshit crazy Americans what watch the Fox News. And besides, if we're going to stick arbitrary reasons for death onto soldiers, we might as well amend "freedom and right to be indifferent in voting, to be silly with voting, or to improve voting with decorative ejaculating penises" to the end of that.

And because this post is just bound to offend someone, I am no way meaning to insult the two dudes what died while doing their job. I'm not trying to insult choc (with exception of his crazy old man logic). I just think that both handing these soldiers the position of "honorary martyr of the day" to try and prove a point, and forcing people to BE DEMOCRATIC AND HAVE YOUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE, UNLESS THAT CHOICE IS NOT TO CHOOSE, OR ELSE, is just as silly and probably altogether useless as the people what put previously mentioned penises in place of numbers on a piece of paper that decides what group of colossal idiots gets appointed to haphazardly run a country for three years before we get sick of those guys and pick another equally incompetent group of pillocks, when if this election is showing any fucking trend it's that nobody gives a shit anyway, maybe due to the two major parties collectively sucking more than adequate amount of dongs for anybody's liking.

Politics fucking sucks y'all.

That's fine if you feel that way, but it would be terrible to promote that and end up in a situation where no one votes properly. If that were the case governments would never change and they'd consistently fuck over various groups and you'd end up in a situation where internet filters and censorship go through unchallenged.

This election is an absolute classic example of people's votes changing how the government governs. We now have a third major party (the Greens) and it's all because, as you said, most people were completely disenfranchised with the current two major parties. Claiming apathy because they're all morons doesn't help anyone. Sure they are, but if people don't vote then those morons have free reign.

Linking soldiers to the election though isn't the best argument. I know a guy in the SAS and he's just a dude doing a job. As far as I'm aware he isn't a champion of democracy and freedom.

Agyar said:
Hmm, I haven't received anything. Perhaps I have been the victim of spams and scams in my portal.

Gah it didn't send on mobile-gaf for some reason. I'll have to do it again tomorrow, sorry.

hamchan

You're all free to throw away your vote or disrespect the process, just be aware that in the past people have fought long and hard and even sacrificed their lives just for the right to vote. Basically don't take the right to vote for granted.

Kritz

Banned
Mar said:
That's fine if you feel that way, but it would be terrible to promote that and end up in a situation where no one votes properly. If that were the case governments would never change and they'd consistently fuck over various groups and you'd end up in a situation where internet filters and censorship go through unchallenged.

This election is an absolute classic example of people's votes changing how the government governs. We now have a third major party (the Greens) and it's all because, as you said, most people were completely disenfranchised with the current two major parties. Claiming apathy because they're all morons doesn't help anyone. Sure they are, but if people don't vote then those morons have free reign.

I concur. I know it seems like I'm all for anarchy and more importantly, wangs, but I do agree. If everyone had my attitude, this country would probably be fucked. I still did vote correctly, despite my creative flourish possibly knocking me out of the running.

And while I know it has the possibility of ultimately ending us in a worse place overall, I think the ability to vote apathetically is just as important as to vote realistically. Because when shit like what we see how happens, someone's going to have to ask themselves why are the people voting this way.

It's nice to see a third party prop up, if anything. I know greens were my #1 choice for the reasons you alluded to. I had something else to say in this post but I forgot it.

Are you still doing some bollocking around with setting up a website?

CryptiK

People should stop trying to guilt trip those who threw away their vote. Cause you aint gunna guilt me the choices were fucking terrible and I wanted neither. I had to choose between 2 dicks to run the country I said no and put a much smaller dick on the back. We didnt have much of a choice in terms of what is better so fuck voting when it comes to shit like this as we will end up in a shit hole one way or another. Just be glad when you look back at that wasted vote and think how fun it was to draw a dick instead of voting either of 2 retard bogans into the government.

Gazunta said:
Owning a domain name rocks. I'll have free chocolate forever with a million email addresses.

:lol

I don't have any Mobil stations near me. :(

CryptiK said:
I eat vegimite without butter now all my friends think I am insane.

Same, and I put a fair amount on too.

Deeku

Abbott is annoying but I wouldn't say he's a retard bogan. Bogans don't usually become Rhodes scholars.

Gillard on the other hand...

Agyar

Neverender said:
Gah it didn't send on mobile-gaf for some reason. I'll have to do it again tomorrow, sorry.

That's cool.

Incidentally, I just started playing Alan Wake tonight. The first episode, which I completed, was really well paced and the episodic format seems to be a nice fit for the type of game. I'm usually looking for a point to take a break in intense, linear games and at around an hour and half the Alan Wake episode really hit the right point to take a breather. It also looks great but similarly to Heavy Rain I can imagine people really missing out on some of the lighting detail without a properly calibrated HDTV. Brightness and contrast have a big flow-on effect, influencing colour and visible detail and in games like Alan Wake, having the brightness incorrectly would hamper the experience, either by smudging the detail into darkness or ruining the atmosphere with a lot of bright, grey textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom