• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

By the way, what changed your mind? I remember you being vehemently opposed to the idea after the announcement, did you get caught up in the hype? :D

I might have some, never claimed any, but don't they expire?

I want to play Zelda and I don't own a Wii U. :|

Played Horizon Zero Dawn for a good few hours last night, really incredible game. Mind blowing visuals, especially for an open world game. Surprisingly more interested in the story than the gameplay so far. Bang up job Guerrilla!

Probably wouldn't have gotten day 1 if it weren't $69 at Big W. Price wars are a blessing.

Recreat3

Just use the main car park (North side of Francis street, or directly off Bay Street) and go to the Hoyts level. The shopping centre is open until midnight normally anyway though (Coles, Hoyts, Kmart are all open until midnight on week nights) so you'll be fine regardless.

EB Games is right next to Hoyts.

Oh sweet. Thanks for the info. Ill rock up around 11:30..hopefully the line isnt too long. Dragging my housemate along with me, he also wants a switch but doesnt have a pre order. Hopefully he can pick one up if they have stock.

mulac

Chances of picking up a pro controller in jb sydney cbd tomorrow?

Also are people buying Zelda hardcopy or downloading via the nintendo online store?

Rezbit

Hard copy Zelda for me. Slightly cheaper and I want to squeeze as much life as I can out of the meager onboard storage space with indies!

Jintor

i'm actually debating calling up my local target and wheedling them to try and get my switch tonight

probably not a profitable enterprise

Rezbit

Cheers Rep. Anticipate much in the way of price warz tomorrow or should stay at these prices? I'm guessing because they're in the catalogue it won't change that much if at all.

Wow, the Switch comes out tomorrow? That kinda snuck up on me. Don't have much of an interest in the system itself, but I always love a good ol' hardware launch :) Best of luck to those seeking one without a preorder.

Cheers Rep. Anticipate much in the way of price warz tomorrow or should stay at these prices? I'm guessing because they're in the catalogue it won't change that much if at all.

Local prices won't change much until the first 2 shipment are gone. Imports may fluctuate a bit.

Just Watched the GB Zelda Quick Look

Man I've never played a Zelda before but this looks so mindbogglingly amazing and fun in every way. There's just such a charm to the whole world

Too bad the console's so prohibitively expensive

Played Horizon Zero Dawn for a good few hours last night, really incredible game. Mind blowing visuals, especially for an open world game. Surprisingly more interested in the story than the gameplay so far. Bang up job Guerrilla!

Probably wouldn't have gotten day 1 if it weren't $69 at Big W. Price wars are a blessing.

Good to hear. I'm considering trading in The Last Guardian and Titanfall 2 for it at JB. I got both those games for under $40

Rubixcuba

Banned
Yeah much the same here. Nobody gives a shit about the guy trying to hype the crowd up lol.
The Zelda attach rate is going to be ridiculous, every one here has a copy.
Anecdotal analysis, Switch will be a hit!

There's two lines here, but I don't understand at all how it's working. Just break street date EB, what's a minute anyway?

Rizzi

The Zelda attach rate is going to be ridiculous, every one here has a copy.
Anecdotal analysis, Switch will be a hit!

There's two lines here, but I don't understand at all how it's working. Just break street date EB, what's a minute anyway?
One line was for level 4 EB world members.

Here in New Zealand there was a decent crowd at the midnight launch I was at, really surprising cause I was only expecting a quiet few hardcores on a Thursday night.

Especially considering this Zelda review chaos hadn't happened yet.

Rezbit

I was number 70 toward the end at my local EB and it ran incredibly smoothly. Holy moly the box is teeny tiny. Lil biiiiits

one_kill

Maaaaaaaaaaaan, I wish I preordered.

I'm going to go to my nearest Big W tomorrow to hopefully snag a bundle. I didn't preorder so I'm crossing my fingers.

The "dpad" feels weird to use. Really going to need to buy a pro controller at some point.

Personally my initial reactions to the console itself's controls weren't amazing, it probably takes some getting use to I guess? The sticks felt weird, and that 'd-pad' will never be suitable IMO. But yea I haven't spent much time playing 'handheld' yet.

The Pro Controller though, my hands were in love the moment it touched them. <3

Lazaro

If your still looking for Zelda BOTW Limited edition, I believe JB Hifi still have some online (+9.95 delivery, hah) and Nintendo Australia will sell game-less Zelda BOTW Limited editions via their eBay page 9AM in the morning today.

Recreat3

The "dpad" feels weird to use. Really going to need to buy a pro controller at some point.

I didnt get one. Im playing zelda now with the grip, its not too bad but im not used to nintendos button layout. Ill grab a pro in a week or two. Zelda is magical. I have played less than 30 minutes but it already feels amazing. Framerate is a bit iffy.

UltraJay

No midnight launch but Big W will have a bundle for Switch with Zelda at $515 which is $40 off. That's what I'm getting. Have to return my preorder in order to get this deal apparently. Don't know how fast they will sell but my local store which isn't a large location has 25 in stock - 3 of which have been preordered, 2 of those by employees.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Good luck guys!!! I have put in about 3 ot so hours into zelda and set up jap and us accounts for the eshop :) its suprr fun. I think ill also buy i am setsuna and disgea 5! As they have english options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom