• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rezbit

Got Zelda, Fast RMX and Snipperclips. The system itself is quite slick. Very small and streamlined. Grey looks great on my entertainment unit. OS is basic but seems speedy which is good. Now to play the games!

Rizzi

Definitely going to have to see if anywhere has a pro controller in stock today. The dpad still feels weird to use, and the L/R buttons are too small for my human sized hands :p

Rezbit

Definitely going to have to see if anywhere has a pro controller in stock today. The dpad still feels weird to use, and the L/R buttons are too small for my human sized hands :p

I'll definitely get a pro at some point but the grip isn't too bad! Will take a little bit of getting used to though haha. Don't mind the lack of dpad as it means the gf and I instantly have some multiplayer action.

About 10 people in line for Switch when I rocked up at 8am. A couple more came after me. They agreed to price match Big W even though it wasn't open yet, so I got Zelda and Pro Controller at a decent price.

Sitting at work with 2 bags full of Switch + accessories + Zelda, gonna be a slow day.

quabba

About 10 people in line for Switch when I rocked up at 8am. A couple more came after me. They agreed to price match Big W even though it wasn't open yet, so I got Zelda and Pro Controller at a decent price.

Sitting at work with 2 bags full of Switch + accessories + Zelda, gonna be a slow day.

Where did you get yours from? I have a pre order at eb games Hobart but my flight doesn't land until 4pm so going to try get there before it closes.

Where did you get yours from? I have a pre order at eb games Hobart but my flight doesn't land until 4pm so going to try get there before it closes.

EB Eastlands.

On the phone yesterday the guy said they had a few spare gray ones so if anyone wanted to walk in they could probably get one right now.

I saw about 10 copies at my local Big W. Stop by one as soon as possible in case you're worried.

Thanks!

Picked up a copy at Big W Brisbane city. They had 5 Wii U copies left. Pretty happy with $75 as well.

The guy at the store said they had sold pretty much all of their Switch stock this morning. They still had a few bundles left. Said their store had made over $10 000 in Switch consoles/products before 9am this morning.

I wonder how the sales will ultimately pan out?

Another person planning to leave the firm

...yay

I've got a very bad feeling about this

Maybe another two. Fuck.

I've got to get out of here.

so many film and song refrences from these two posts alone , hang in there mate i Def know the feeling :/

have you been chasing any other leads ?

also looks like hardly normal is none to happy ether

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...n/news-story/f399badc35e2d79e71d6a0fdef471d38

Have fun all you early adopters!

I want to read reviews from someone who has never played a Zelda game.

ha ha would be intrested to know read/hear this as well they they might be a bit to young to review things at a guess .....

Rizzi

so many film and song refrences from these two posts alone , hang in there mate i Def know the feeling :/

also looks like hardly normal is none to happy ether

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...n/news-story/f399badc35e2d79e71d6a0fdef471d38

ha ha would be intrested to know read/hear this as well they they might be a bit to young to review things at a guess .....

Good old Gerry. Always fun to watch his grasp slowly loosen and him flip his shit.

I love the Joycon grip setup, Joycons in general blew me away.
Didn't like the pro controller at all from my short time with it.

The Zelda attach rate is going to be ridiculous, every one here has a copy.
Anecdotal analysis, Switch will be a hit!

There's two lines here, but I don't understand at all how it's working. Just break street date EB, what's a minute anyway?

I mean yeah, it's the only reason to buy a Switch right now lol

I didnt get one. Im playing zelda now with the grip, its not too bad but im not used to nintendos button layout. Ill grab a pro in a week or two. Zelda is magical. I have played less than 30 minutes but it already feels amazing. Framerate is a bit iffy.

Yeah performance is rough, especially in handheld mode.

Jintor

I'm gonna have to try and up my shooting out resumes I think. Sent one yesterday to a dream company (though not dream job) but I've got to just shotgun these out I think.

Have fun all you early adopters!

I want to read reviews from someone who has never played a Zelda game.

I haven't played a Zelda game since Zelda II. I'm far from a faithful Nintendo fan, I'm often pretty down on them actually. Not a Smash fan, don't like the NSMBU games very much, despised Mario Kart Wii and Gamecube (but love MK8), thought 3D World was underwhelming (SMG blew me away though).

I'll call it as I see it. I'm very skeptical it will be a 98% game for me, but I'm not expecting it to be anything less than "very good".

Also I have way too many games now. No more buying games for at least a few months.

senahorse

Before I go play zelda I have something else to say.

Go watch Logan, movie is fantastic and my new favourite Marvel movie. Do yourself a favour and go in as blind as you can, don't read or watch anything about it.

I'm 40 and have played 5 minutes of OoT and none of the rest. My gaming ignorance knows no bounds!
I'm 31 and have beaten every Zelda game ever released in English (apart from the CDi monstrosities) as well as Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Tingle's Balloon Fight. I am not buying Zelda at launch because I know it will sit there unplayed for weeks due both to my need to travel for work and not being able to justify a Switch financially right now.

It makes me sad.

MoonGred

I'm 31 and have beaten every Zelda game ever released in English (apart from the CDi monstrosities) as well as Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland and Tingle's Balloon Fight. I am not buying Zelda at launch because I know it will sit there unplayed for weeks due both to my need to travel for work and not being able to justify a Switch financially right now.

It makes me sad.

If it wasn't for the financial part the switch would fit your work travel schedule!

Deeku

So the shit thing about Hong Kong is that everything here is imported, and when new stuff like this comes out prices get marked up like a mofo coz economics! Right now can't really justify 500usd for Switch and Zelda :/

Quasar

I'm 35 and have never played a Zelda game for more than a couple of hours, so we are out there.

Me either. Or a Mario really.

But then I've never really owned any Nintendo hardware. At least for any period of time. Well aside from a game and watch.

Rezbit

Hey AusGaf, Friendcode is SW-3278-9881-9495

Add me, ta.

Added you mate. Do I show up as Rez or 1588-7540-0511 lol. Anyone feel free to add me too. Pretty dumb that you can make a user id but you can't use that instead, especially when you can add randoms you play with after a game? Weird.

jambo

It makes me sad.

Budgeting is also a major part of us not getting one either, that and lack of games at launch.

We're going to Melbourne for the F1s so that's eating up a decent chunk of money ($300 for a ticket alone!).

I'm 40 and have played 5 minutes of OoT and none of the rest. My gaming ignorance knows no bounds!
I've never played through any Zelda game, and my first console had wood panelling and levers. But I'm not buying a Switch either, so not much use here.

Go watch Logan, movie is fantastic and my new favourite Marvel movie.
I really enjoyed it, but it's definitely not my favourite Marvel movie. They nailed the tone though.

Budgeting is also a major part of us not getting one either, that and lack of games at launch.

We're going to Melbourne for the F1s so that's eating up a decent chunk of money ($300 for a ticket alone!).
Taking Mrs Squirrel to see Adele tomorrow night. Tickets plus overnight stay in the city pretty much wipe out any Switch money I might have had.

jambo

D1RkaFch.png

Zelda was sold out at Big W with a price tag of $79 not the $75 expected: but EB price matched the $75 without being asked. They asked if I was getting games from elsewhere and I said yes then they said they will price match the $75 Big W price.

Arozay

JB were being cunts and would price match the Big W deal because Zelda was out of stock at the closest Big W, then they wouldn't price match the Big W a suburb away with stock because it wasn't their 'direct competitor'.

Which is dumb since I drove to the Big W and bought it there, so direct competitor.

Fav Zelda is still LttP by a mile.
Loved Wind Waker.
OoT was good not great.
Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword I didn't enjoy or finish.

Been a downward trend for me over the years, once I pick up a Switch in 9 months or more I'm interested to see how it holds up against the universal acclaim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom