• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Logan was really good
brutally violent lol

Is it technically a marvel movie though
There's a giant Marvel logo at the start of the movie - takes up the whole screen! Wolverine's a Marvel character, even if Marvel Studios aren't making or distributing the picture themselves, so I think it's still fair to consider it a 'Marvel' movie.

legend166

So I know friend codes are dumb and all, but now they're one way instead of the dumb trades of the Wii years, the hyperbole regarding them is pretty nuts. I mean, it's not actually the worst idea ever from a security standpoint to have a unique identifier that isn't your login username or email address.

Besides, we literally use long strings of numbers for the most common form of non-physical communication in the world (telephones and texting), I don't see the massive deal.

Edit: Thanks recreat3 for making my post on topic!

legend166

I mean I guess you could just have your email for log in and your unique display name that you share but it can't be used to log into anything.

So yeah friend codes are dumb.

Rezbit

Yeah it's weird because of the User ID thing. Hopefully they do allow us to just use that eventually. Especially weird because you can actually add randoms you've played anyway, so the whole stranger danger angle is out the window regardless.

PSA: Link doesn't auto jump. RIP.
JB were being cunts and would price match the Big W deal because Zelda was out of stock at the closest Big W, then they wouldn't price match the Big W a suburb away with stock because it wasn't their 'direct competitor'.

Which is dumb since I drove to the Big W and bought it there, so direct competitor.

A few years ago at Big W, they told me in the game section they would price match a competitor, but refused to price match an EB price (yes, the EB price was cheaper!) because it wasn't a direct competitor. It was about a ten second walk from their entrance so I just went there.

I understand it isn't a direct competitor with Big W as a whole but it is with that department.

Recreat3

So I know friend codes are dumb and all, but now they're one way instead of the dumb trades of the Wii years, the hyperbole regarding them is pretty nuts. I mean, it's not actually the worst idea ever from a security standpoint to have a unique identifier that isn't your login username or email address.

Besides, we literally use long strings of numbers for the most common form of non-physical communication in the world (telephones and texting), I don't see the massive deal.

Edit: Thanks recreat3 for making my post on topic!

I only did it because you go for the swans ;)

Ban Puncher

Strolled into my local EB Games where all my stuff had been pre-ordered for months and was told that head office were being stingy cunts about price matching Switch stuff. HO had been harassing stores all day making sure they were checking price matches at competitors at least every hour to ensure they got every last red cent they could out of customers.

Did a 360 and moonwalked into my local JB HiFi next door and bought everything I wanted at cost price. Went back to EB and cancelled all my orders and got a refund.

quabba

Managed to get to EB before they closed and some guy was trading in two boxes of amiibos and junk towards his switch, took forever he actually gave up and just did one of the boxes. They were happy to do Zelda at big w price thankfully

Strolled into my local EB Games where all my stuff had been pre-ordered for months and was told that head office were being stingy cunts about price matching Switch stuff. HO had been harassing stores all day making sure they were checking price matches at competitors at least every hour to ensure they got every last red cent they could out of customers.

Did a 360 and moonwalked into my local JB HiFi next door and bought everything I wanted at cost price. Went back to EB and cancelled all my orders and got a refund.

Sounds about right for eb.

Ban Puncher

Sounds about right for eb.

This EB store is usually pretty cool but they had Head Office harassing them all day and area & district managers circling like vultures. I'm not about to give the store staff a hard time and potentially put their jobs at risk because of backwards-arse greedy corporate.

The suits are in for a rude shock when Amazon arrives later this year.

Anyone going digital with Switch might be excited to hear it is dead simple to change the region on the console and buy from any region you want.

1. Just log onto your Nintendo account on the website
2. Change the region to whatever you want (e.g. North America)
3. Accept the Terms and Conditions
4. You can now access the eShop in that region on Switch

All your purchases are still linked to the same Nintendo Account so it seems to be similar to Xbox where you can change and buy in other regions without having to have separate accounts like with PSN.

If you have a NNID tied to your Nintendo Account it will unlink if the region you change it to is different. However, if you change it back to the matching region you can relink it. Not sure if NNID will be useful going forward anyway unless they allow past VC purchases to come over or with a small upgrade fee.

The only thing is I'm not sure about is how to "fund" the store you're buying from. Not sure why type of credit cards work. You have have to buy Nintendo Credit online at Amazon for example.

I haven't tried buying anything yet. Was going to wait to see if someone else had done it first. Will grab Snipperclips if it's good later from US store and save about $6AU

Rizzi

I bought a pro controller. Much more comfortable than the regular joycon grip. Might see if I can return the charging grip I bought to EB. Probably won't need that really.

Tons of stock at our Target. They didn't actually sell any Switch units so 7 are sitting in the case. Tons of Zelda stock, they only got a small amount of the other games, Zelda WiiU they got twice as much than Bomberman etc lol.

Got the 3rd last copy of Horizon, lucky!

Did anyone preorder a Switch for home delivery and receive it on time?. I live in Newcastle and according to Auspost tracking it's still in QLD.

Dryk

I have to say I am really surprised by that. I thought their system was going to be brought into the 21st century.
I'm glad I'm holding off on buying one, it's allowing me to get my expectations set at the right height. There's so many little things they should have fixed and just... didn't

So Adele puts on a pretty good show. Mind you, the whole time I felt like I was awash in a sea of estrogen.

That's okay though, since it smelled a lot nicer than any of the other concert crowds I've been in.

I have been using my switch in portable mode a lot more than I thought I would.
Same, since Zelda looks much better with the Switch's screen. I played the first 5 hours on the TV, thought the art style was bad as was the image quality...then tried playing it off the TV and it looks very good.

Anyone looked into buying glass screen protectors for the Switch yet? Have no idea where to buy from.
I saw $20 bigben ones at JB Hifi. I don't know if there are better ones.

I plan on using the switch mainly at home on the TV but for upcoming holidays I want a screen protector. what's recommended by those who have gotten one?

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Before I go play zelda I have something else to say.

Go watch Logan, movie is fantastic and my new favourite Marvel movie. Do yourself a favour and go in as blind as you can, don't read or watch anything about it.
Did this last night. Only knew tiny plot points from 1 or 2 early adverts. Essentially went in blind.

Mild spoilers
I cried. Bf cried. His dad died when he was young so it hit him super hard.
What a movie. Loved it.

Milijango

Too povo for switch. Does anyone know if NieR will be under $90 anywhere (or Persona under $100 for that matter)? Big W and Target are always a possibility. We'll see.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Typo I assume? $439 still the best price even so :)

Those emotions :(
Oh my goodness yes. Though we laughed heartily at
the old man Charles schtick. Working in aged care it hit too close to home for both of us lol
Tears of laughter.

After work today I'm gonna hit up my local big w's. I'm giving in. I want a switch. I lasted 2 days.

Quasar

So I've decided to try and sell off my giant comic collection. Well not THAT giant...probably 8 long boxes big. Don't really care what I get for it at this point just something. Or at least not enough to care about selling it by title or story arc or something.

Good god, now I know why I never audited the whole thing before. Takes so bloody long.

So I've decided to try and sell off my giant comic collection. Well not THAT giant...probably 8 long boxes big. Don't really care what I get for it at this point just something. Or at least not enough to care about selling it by title or story arc or something.

Good god, now I know why I never audited the whole thing before. Takes so bloody long.

So SO SO costly , wanted a comic collection but the cost and space is why i sort of never bothered have been looking at giant hardback collections of late but even they are over the top cost wise

do you have any tmnt stuff ? i might be intrested in buying those , aside from that would be intrested to know what there is but doubtfull that i could offer a fair price for Sets

otherwise maybe try some of the comic forums on the web

Picked up a PS4 Pro at my local Target for $489 after trying to get it price-matched at my JB-HIFI. The guy didn't believe me when I said they were selling them for as much and went to check on Target's site but couldn't find anything. The staff at Target were similarly taken-aback, all the pricing in-store still reflected the $559 price so had to show them the link on their on site.

Now, to get 2tb's worth of data from my vanilla PS4 onto Pro's stock 1tb... Fun stuff.

Quasar

So SO SO costly , wanted a comic collection but the cost and space is why i sort of never bothered have been looking at giant hardback collections of late but even they are over the top cost wise

do you have any tmnt stuff ? i might be intrested in buying those , aside from that would be intrested to know what there is but doubtfull that i could offer a fair price for Sets

otherwise maybe try some of the comic forums on the web

Yeah. Anyway it took me a whole day.

Anyway I put up a gumtree add with a negotable $250 for the lot (theres like 950 issues all up). And of course the first reply was 'can I just buy the Buffy collection and can you ship it'). I hoped someone local would just take the whole thing off my hands as I didn't reall want the hassle of selling and shipping it piecemeal. Which is why i had considered just dumping the whole lot on a local 2nd hand book store or a charity.

Anyway, no...I don't have any TMNT.

I have a google sheet for the whole thing.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SmDnddqFw-DxH9LxGtfCgBPZSSRowI5UXvZ7CvIxWY8/edit?usp=sharing

After that first request I adjusted the add, so I guess I will take some piecemeal requests. There I said 50 cents an issue (rounding to the next $5) plus postage.

So if there's a chunk you do want, let me know. Well unless you live in Newcastle and want to take the lot and then offload the bits you don't want :)

But yeah. Space is the reason I'm selling. Family issues have meant that the spare room where I kept all my media needs to be turned into a bedroom. I'm need needing to liquidate my comic, dvd and cd collections.

For most media I've gone all digital, so its not such an issue for me.

Actually now that you remind me, I do also have a trade collection that I did not include. there's at least some of that I'd sell off. There isn't much though.

quabba

Picked up a PS4 Pro at my local Target for $489 after trying to get it price-matched at my JB-HIFI. The guy didn't believe me when I said they were selling them for as much and went to check on Target's site but couldn't find anything. The staff at Target were similarly taken-aback, all the pricing in-store still reflected the $559 price so had to show them the link on their on site.

Now, to get 2tb's worth of data from my vanilla PS4 onto Pro's stock 1tb... Fun stuff.

What are you going to do there? It's one reason I havnt grabbed a pro because I can't figure out a nice way of moving my 2TB drive into the pro. Although I just got nbn on Thursday so maybe I can just download everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom