• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You're missing New Order.

That;s just from my top 100 on Last.FM, just checked New Order are 119.

Jintor: Hot anime recommendations? Been on a watch recently, gone through One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyu and am now watching Ping Pong (have also been watching My Hero Academia each week and Assassination Classroom)

Jintor

Haven't been watching too much action lately. Flying Witch and Non Non Biyori are excellent if you just want to chill out and zone out. Shirobako, Hyouka and Sound! Euphonium for slice of life/dramas. If you're short on time, Wakako-zake is a great little season of 2 minute episodes about eating delicious food.

I don't drive for Uber, but have used it a few times.

1. You don't have to put in your destination when you request a pick up. Most people do though.

2. You can cancel if you don't want to go to that area. I had a guy do that the other night and he said he was cancelling because we wanted to finish up and wasn't going my way.

3. Probably not. I've spoken to drivers before and they say they can make $25-$30 per hour. I highly doubt they take into account wear and tear, dead time, gas, insurance etc. My last trip was $16, it was a 12 min trip, but took the guy a few mins to get to me. Then he has to drive around looking for another. I had one guy, 6 minute trip was $10. Not too bad!!..except it took him 15 mins to get to me and finally find me because the app said I was on a different road.

If you do busy nights you probably could get job after job. Just have to weigh your social life. It wouldn't be bad to do I guess if you drove a lot and were just going to pick people up to help with the fare.

ok thanks.The money doesnt sound so good.

Any Aussie Uber drivers here? I was thinking of doing this for about 20 hours a week and was wondering...

1. Does the app tell you you passengers destination, or only where you pick them up from?

2. Is it very frowned upon to not pick up people if you dont want to drive to the suburb/area they want to go to (like because you dont want to drive into the city in the morning and deal with the heavy traffic)?

3. Is the pay per hour generally good?

Thanks

There was a forum thread on Ozbargain a few weeks back where uber drivers were discussing their pay, you should check it out.

If you don't accept jobs when you're online, Uber can stop giving you jobs/kick you out.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/230038

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/229564

https://www.quora.com/How-much-money-do-Uber-drivers-make

N0VAM0D

Yep! Super excited. June whatecver it is can't come soon enough.

Edit:
It'll mean another tick on this! (also aware I need to change static x to to :()

ZQ9UkpI.jpg

Nice!!

dity

Haven't been watching too much action lately. Flying Witch and Non Non Biyori are excellent if you just want to chill out and zone out. Shirobako, Hyouka and Sound! Euphonium for slice of life/dramas. If you're short on time, Wakako-zake is a great little season of 2 minute episodes about eating delicious food.
Speaking of anime, the Hero Academia anime is making me really want to start reading the manga.

Stackboy

Uncharted 4 is pretty good so far, going to wait until I've played the whole thing to think about how good it is. The start is pretty slow, but I like that it's growing the storytelling.

Jintor: Hot anime recommendations? Been on a watch recently, gone through One Punch Man, Tokyo Ghoul, Haikyu and am now watching Ping Pong (have also been watching My Hero Academia each week and Assassination Classroom)

Space Dandy, Gungrave, Fullmetal Brotherhood

No problem. Will send it tomorrow.
Thanks!

Stackboy

I think my 980 will tide me over for another year or 2. My wife wants me to buy a new pc, so she can have my old one for games (I love my wife!!), so I would likely take the 980 out of my current one.

bomma_man

Go see only yesterday

senahorse

Bah for waiting, gf and I are going Broadwell-e (probably) and 1080 builds in June, good times :D

time to abandon Kepler, just like NV seemingly have

Cerity

TBH I feel like I'm going to be running my 2500k/290x system to the ground, or at least until 4K gets more affordable. This setup seems to satisfy all my 1080p needs.

Quasar

TBH I feel like I'm going to be running my 2500k/290x system to the ground, or at least until 4K gets more affordable. This setup seems to satisfy all my 1080p needs.

Heh. Still runnng a 2500k/7870 here. Will be waiting probably till we see 2nd gen vr headsets.

MoonGred

Too many games to play and too little time, need to finish TW3
just left Kaer Morhem after Umama transforms into an elf, no clue how much I've actually got left to play
, Uncharted 4 and really want to play more of Stellaris, my doglike xenophile materialistic race has been a blast to play so far.
It truly is Paradox most accessible grand strategy game to date, the built in tutorial improved so much on the sectioned off scenarios of EU4.

Quasar

So anyone had network cabling and outlets installed in an existing house? Am considering this to support a fibre nbn install. Just unsure how much I'd be up for.

senahorse

Budget between 120-200 per outlet, get a few quotes, make sure they use good quality gear, e.g. Molex, Krone, Panduit etc (also make sure it's either Cat6 or Cat6A). I did my house myself with a work colleague, in materials it cost around $1000 for 24 ports to a patch panel and 12 interconnects (used between rooms for HDMI/USB exenders over Ethernet).

Edit: I should add, it's better to get more than less, you will be glad you did in the future, also when running more you should get them cheaper (much easier for the cabler to run multiple than just 1 or 2 to a point).

remz

So anyone had network cabling and outlets installed in an existing house? Am considering this to support a fibre nbn install. Just unsure how much I'd be up for.

My dad and I did it to his house for like the cost of the plastic wall outlets and a days work. Recommend a long steel rod for routing cables

r1chard

Bought Stellaris. Trying to create an account and it autocompletes anything vaguely like "Australia" to "Australian Antarctic Territory". Won't let me enter "Australia". Wat.

bought the PC version of Doom to play at lunch on my work PC
now that I suddenly have another 500 GB free
. finger's crossed it runs nicely on slightly less than min spec
with everything turn down to less to 360 levels

radaxian

In case you missed it, JB Hifi is doing buy 1 get 1 free across all their Blurays at the moment, box sets etc included. Online and in store until Sunday.

MoonGred

Pretty excited to play DOOM this afternoon.

I've played about an hour on pc, the game's been a blast to play so far. The sense of speed really captures that old school quake feel, and look downright gorgeous on pc especially on a 21:9 monitor with rock solid performance.
For people on the fence about it, if you enjoyed doom 3 and wanted more of it this definitely won't be it.

Stackboy

I've played about an hour on pc, the game's been a blast to play so far. The sense of speed really captures that old school quake feel, and look downright gorgeous on pc especially on a 21:9 monitor with rock solid performance.
For people on the fence about it, if you enjoyed doom 3 and wanted more of it this definitely won't be it.

I've had a few friends comment that they don't like the look if it because it doesn't play like the original doom. That's a game that is 23 years old, things change and the game probably wouldn't sell if was set at the old pace, too slow.

MoonGred

I've had a few friends comment that they don't like the look if it because it doesn't play like the original doom. That's a game that is 23 years old, things change and the game probably wouldn't sell if was set at the old pace, too slow.

Its more quake than doom but plays great non the less.
I'm still early on but so far the only thing that annoys me is the overpowered glory kills, this is most likely because I've only got 2 different weapons.
Combat feels great due to the combination of large areas, movement speed and scalability.
It won't be goty but it's a blast to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom