• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

Oh that reminds me you know how you guys have spent the last two years telling me to play Saints Row IV? I finally started playing Saints Row IV a few weeks ago and there is lots of jumping off buildings and you KNOW I love me some jumping off buildings and it's very much Crackdown In The Matrix.

BUT

It's no Crackdown! I miss being able to shoot things while jumping. Maybe I can get an upgrade that lets me do that later? I really liked that rhythm in Crackdown where you'd hit left trigger to lock, A button to jump, and then right trigger to fire while in mid air. It just felt so so lovely.

What are the chances of Crackdown 3 hitting PC like Quantum Break and Killer Instinct? Then I wouldn't need an Xbox One after all :)

Shaneus

What are the chances of Crackdown 3 hitting PC like Quantum Break and Killer Instinct? Then I wouldn't need an Xbox One after all :)
I'd say pretty damn good. Now if only they could port the Xbox 360 emulator bit into Windows 10, then we could play ALL THE CRACKDOWNZ.

I only just realised that could be a thing. If they're trying to make Windows 10 a hub of all sorts and cross-porting features/titles, then Xbox 360 compatibility would have to be up there.

Card Boy

Banned
I'm doing this as i got free express post envelopes but does anyone want a copy of Freedom Wars on the Vita? I got 2 copies. Let me know if they arrive to whoever gets them as i might have more for other AusGaffers. Just need postage addresses in a PM.

Anyone else want a copy of Freedom Wars? I lie i still got 2 more copies after reptilescorpio got his.

After a few back and forth emails with the good people at Humble Bundle, it seems I can't in fact change my 3DS keys to the Canadian region without also doing the same to the Wii U keys (I have an Aussie Wii U).

Long story short, I have a bunch of 3DS keys (AU region) to give away. I have the following keys:

Retro City Rampage DX + theme
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Nano Assault EX

The only one I really regret losing is Rhythm Thief, since I already have the Wii U version of Shantae and the physical version of Nano Assault. I suck at fighting games, so SFIV is a no go for me either.

Anyhow, quote this post to claim the code and I'll PM you. Only one per person and all that.

Turning everything either off or down to minimum and setting to 720p, I eventually got Doom to play acceptably on my sub min-spec work PC. It's probably around 25 fpa and a semi regret not getting it on X1 to play at home. It's pretty fun. Headache isn't but I'm not getting a new work PC or gaming rig at home any time soon.

After a few back and forth emails with the good people at Humble Bundle, it seems I can't in fact change my 3DS keys to the Canadian region without also doing the same to the Wii U keys (I have an Aussie Wii U).

Long story short, I have a bunch of 3DS keys (AU region) to give away. I have the following keys:

Nano Assault EX

The only one I really regret losing is Rhythm Thief, since I already have the Wii U version of Shantae and the physical version of Nano Assault. I suck at fighting games, so SFIV is a no go for me either.

Anyhow, quote this post to claim the code and I'll PM you. Only one per person and all that.
Can I has Thief pretty please?

Oh that reminds me you know how you guys have spent the last two years telling me to play Saints Row IV? I finally started playing Saints Row IV a few weeks ago and there is lots of jumping off buildings and you KNOW I love me some jumping off buildings and it's very much Crackdown In The Matrix.

BUT

It's no Crackdown! I miss being able to shoot things while jumping. Maybe I can get an upgrade that lets me do that later? I really liked that rhythm in Crackdown where you'd hit left trigger to lock, A button to jump, and then right trigger to fire while in mid air. It just felt so so lovely.

Entirely possible - if MS are porting a bunch of their Xbox One stuff, why not?

Also, got a Super Street Fighter 3DS code if anyone wants it.

Woo my ps4 has started randomly ejecting discs.

yup.
-things to try: remove the rubber from underneath the eject button and sit your console on two disc cases so that the eject button doesn't made contact with the surface underneath the PS4 sitting.

-look up the youtube vids on PS4 screw fix.

- or used to not using rest mode and powering down and unplugging from the wall overnight.

Killer Instinct is already on PC

who knows with MS? They are less consistent with their business decisions than a 20 sided dice. Imagine orienteering with a group of microsoft employees. Imagine a slave galleon full of MS employees trying to go in a straight line. Imagine NASA trying to get a stricken Apollo 13 back safely if they were MS employees.

That said, the best thing they have done since they announced the X1 is BC. I'm loving going back and replaying some 360 games I wanted to replay and some I missed first time around.

Rizzi

yup.
-things to try: remove the rubber from underneath the eject button and sit your console on two disc cases so that the eject button doesn't made contact with the surface underneath the PS4 sitting.

-look up the youtube vids on PS4 screw fix.

- or used to not using rest mode and powering down and unplugging from the wall overnight.

Yeah this isn't the first time it's happened. I think it's actually just boned now. That amazing Sony build quality.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I had Eurovision playing on all the TV's at work. It was fantastic. I don't care if the residents didn't enjoy it, I sure did :p

Congrats to (blank) for winning!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Aw fuck I was gonna watch that this year
I'd completely forgotten that the finale was this morning but one of my staff had it playing in a wing so I ran around and turned it on everywhere. It was a great med round. Every time we got points I'd "wooooo" very loudly lol. I don't think any of my residents knew wtf was going on.

Yeah this isn't the first time it's happened. I think it's actually just boned now. That amazing Sony build quality.
There's probably a way to disconnect the button entirely. Since you can eject discs via the UI you probably don't even need the button to be hooked up.

EDIT: I just had a look, and yes, you can completely remove the button. If even that doesn't fix it then you can open up the PS4 and put some tape across a little yellow plate to disable the button mechanism.

i didnt watch eurovision but i wish i did now

13244726_10153601921561361_7463313344341880810_n.jpg

Quasar

Yep, it's so sad how glorified that industry is on TV. It's fucking hard work and tough conditions. So many start out and nope.gif right out of there.

And of course there's also the massive cuts / price hikes to TAFE which surely must be impacting.

But yeah...I'd have trouble accepting the bullying workplace that most restaurant shows depict.

Quasar

Well...looks like my attempt to get my PS4 repaired has been met with failure.

Despite describing the faults in detail (all of which related to failing to turn on from a reboot - such as returning from sleep mode or rebooting during updates/backups) the technicians tasked to fix it appear to have just done a simply power on test and then just reboxed the thing up.

Fucking idiots. They'll probably charge me for shipping too because as far as they are concerned there's no faults.

Well...looks like my attempt to get my PS4 repaired has been met with failure.

Despite describing the faults in detail (all of which related to failing to turn on from a reboot - such as returning from sleep mode or rebooting during updates/backups) the technicians tasked to fix it appear to have just done a simply power on test and then just reboxed the thing up.

Fucking idiots. They'll probably charge me for shipping too because as far as they are concerned there's no faults.

If they won't do anything more get in contact with ACCC

Gazunta

Man. Darwyn Cooke died. Fuck this year and fuck cancer.
Yeah that's some straight up bullshit right there. I loved his work on Parker.

I'm playing a game called Super Tribes on iOS right now. If Civilization Revolution was a sped-up, stripped down version of Civilization, Super tribes is a sped-up, stripped down version of Civilization Revolution. Good fun!

dity

Hey, I is was born 'ere you scallywags!

It's retail. EB Games is opening a Zing Pop Culture here in town.

Quasar

Hey, I is was born 'ere you scallywags!

It's retail. EB Games is opening a Zing Pop Culture here in town.

Didnt know eb games owned them. Never really looked closely at the one here in Newcastle. Seemed like lots of action figures and movie merchandise that I'd not want to waste money on.

Nano Assault EX

I'll take Shantae and the Pirate's Curse if you dont mind :)

dity

MoonGred

Fingers crossed Dity!

UC4 is not living up to the hype for me. There is nothing wrong with it, with the exception of the gunplay that's just downright awful, but nothing really stands out either.

Quasar

Basically think of EB Games turning their Loot section into an entire store that also sells comic books and trading cards.

Didn't realise they sold comic books. I assume just a handful of movie tied in trades and not a full weekly comic selection you'd find in an actual comic store?

dity

Didn't realise they sold comic books. I assume just a handful of movie tied in trades and not a full weekly comic selection you'd find in an actual comic store?

Yeah, it's a small selection. Nothing like what you'd get from a dedicated comic book store. I don't think they'd want to compete with the local comic book store here anyway.

They have a great selection of trading cards though. Pokemon, DBZ, Magic, Adventure Time. Lotsa stuff.

The Giant

Banned
Got an email from EB saying that the 2nd shipment of Fire Emblem Fates special edition that was due in June has arrived early and will be shipping this week.

Rizzi

So, replacement PS4 is a go.
Finally get to sit down with Uncharted 4.
's pretty good.

Do we know where is going to sell Fire Emblem cheapest?

r1chard

Yeah, it's a small selection. Nothing like what you'd get from a dedicated comic book store. I don't think they'd want to compete with the local comic book store here anyway.

They have a great selection of trading cards though. Pokemon, DBZ, Magic, Adventure Time. Lotsa stuff.

Yep, slightly inflated prices but pretty popular store with myself + daughter :)

The local one also has a bunch of good boardgames.

Gazunta

Nano Assault EX

VKS, any chance I can grab that SSF4 key?

PMs sent!

If anyone wants some free Aussie 3DS codes, the following are still available:

Nano Assault EX

I haven't played Retro City Rampage, but Nano Assault is both beautiful and challenging. I hear this version has none of the stutter or slowdown of the physical version either.

PMs sent!

If anyone wants some free Aussie 3DS codes, the following are still available:

Nano Assault EX

I haven't played Retro City Rampage, but Nano Assault is both beautiful and challenging. I hear this version has none of the stutter or slowdown of the physical version either.

Retro City Rampage is pretty fun, and polished. It's full of jokes though some are definitely hit or miss. It's well worth your price tag of free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom