• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Rahk

Doh, OK let's try again on the new page...

I've given away most of my extra copies of Valve games, so I only have the dregs left if anyone wants them:

Condition Zero
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Portal
Ricochet
Team Fortress Classic

Salazar said:
Splendid work, Fred. Will listen.

I got changed to this case, by the way:

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=6638

There was supposedly trouble getting the other one.
Same as my case. It's pretty good.

Salazar said:
Nice choice, looking forward to having a 690 II Advanced sitting next to me in the near future.

Rahk said:
I've given away most of my extra copies of Valve games, so I only have the dregs left if anyone wants them
Could I grab Condition Zero? Lost my discs long ago and I enjoyed the bot missions. SP was bleh though. Condition based rounds was a much better idea. Any chance they accidentally gifted Episode 3 to you as well?

Also great work Fred. I will have to make sure I have all of the eps.

stOex

Rahk said:
Doh, OK let's try again on the new page...

I've given away most of my extra copies of Valve games, so I only have the dregs left if anyone wants them:

Condition Zero
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Source
Deathmatch Classic
Half-Life 1
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life: Blue Shift
Opposing Force
Portal
Ricochet
Team Fortress Classic

Same as my case. It's pretty good.

I'd take Half Life 1 & Opposing Force if I may.

Steam username: acousticdigital

if i get an american to gift me the witcher 2 on steam, would I still get the censored aussie copy? I know I was able to get around l4d2 censorship this way but just wanted to make sure it still worked. Probably cheaper too I guess.

Also is LA Noire censored here?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Landing in a plane with a blocked nose feels like someone put my head in a vice and started tightening it.

I'm glad it didn't explode.

Danoss

Rez said:
Landing in a plane with a blocked nose feels like someone put my head in a vice and started tightening it.

I'm glad it didn't explode.
Did you make an expression similar to Stephen Fry in your avatar?

Danoss

Also, Fred, I noticed that you were missing the first few eps of Idle Thumbs new thingy, could I grab them off you?

Instead of making a new dropbox account, I'll just give you mine to make it easier, if that's okay. PM with details incoming.

Salazar said:
Impressed with the amount of stuff that came with it.
Yeah I found myself confused with a quest and tried to google it until I realised the game CAME with a guide for the entire thing. Plus the soundtrack is amazingly good too. Only thing they could have improved was doing a real cloth map rather than the cheap glossy version. I wish more games came with swag, like the old Working Designs games. You really shouldn't be able to call something a limited edition if you just get a few DLC codes for skins and stuff.

Also currently re-installing AVG since MSE has a virus that shuts it down. Aside from the very unhelpful mods on the official forum I found a few people who had the same problem and the virus can apparently be picked up by AVG so hopefully this works.

Frawdder

Perhaps judgment day came early for a few of us.

For everyone else it was mostly Terraria and other assorted video games (AusGAF is playing games, the end is truly near).

playing LA Noire. Wife curled up on couch next to me, apparently browsing on iPad but really just watching LA Noire.

Life's good.

"Ken Cosgrove looks short"

Salazar

roosters93 said:
No posts in the last 5 hours. What's up AusGaf? Having too much of a good time on your weekends?

Reading Retribution Falls. Pretty good.

Flipping through Witcher 2 guides, because I've seen so many Gaffers say it's hard.

ClivePwned said:
playing LA Noire. Wife curled up on couch next to me, apparently browsing on iPad but really just watching LA Noire.

Life's good.

"Ken Cosgrove looks short"
I wish I was playing it right now. I've been in Canberra yesterday and today, we're currently driving home. (only 15 minutes more!)

How far are you into it?

Jintor

We ALL owe him one.

I've been playing Child of Ede- oops, embargo. Nevermind!

Maybe I should transcribe this Suda interview. Oh, that reminds me - here's the pic I drew for him quickly.

300foeq.jpg

Danoss

Heh, you can almost have the character with a speech bubble, saying "I have the weirdest boner".

Edit: Again, I forget to be nice. That's a pretty cool drawing man.

roosters93 said:
I wish I was playing it right now. I've been in Canberra yesterday and today, we're currently driving home. (only 15 minutes more!)

How far are you into it?

Only a little. He's just been made a detective
in Los Angeles .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... in 1947. Seriously, only about 90 mins- 2 hours in. Maybe 4-5 cases in

I'm liking it it a lot.

Danoss

Jintor said:
Have you played No More Heroes? That would sound authentic coming from Travis.
Nah, I haven't.

I should say yes and pretend I got all in the characters head and came up with something insightful.

Jintor said:
Maybe I should transcribe this Suda interview. Oh, that reminds me - here's the pic I drew for him quickly.
Very nice! Now draw Sylvia!

TW2 is so dense, struggling to explore and complete side quests in the first chapter. Just not enough time in the day.

ClivePwned said:
Only a little. He's just been made a detective
in Los Angeles in 1947. Seriously, only about 90 mins- 2 hours in. Maybe 4-5 cases in

I'm liking it it a lot.
Nice. I've closed
c
a
s
e
s.

Salazar

I am a convert to Idle Thumbs.

The talk about the Shadow of the Colossus movie (buddy cops, Shadow and Colossus) killed me.

Salazar said:
I am a convert to Idle Thumbs.
Thankfully you have a lot of content to get through, plus whatever specials come up along the way. Check out GFW podcast too, found that these 2 are the only ones that have kept my attention. I enjoyed the Penny Arcade podcasts until they stopped them too.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Check out GFW podcast too, found that these 2 are the only ones that have kept my attention.

Yeah, I've been through the GFWs a few times - they got me through commuting to uni.

I just never tried Idle Thumbs, for some reason.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
annnd Nick woke up with a copy of Duke Nukem Forever

Bernbaum

As a connoisseur and sculptor of electronic music, I would value your opinions on the gameplay of DJ Hero, Shaneus.

I had an absolute ball with the first.

Bernbaum said:
As a connoisseur and sculptor of electronic music, I would value your opinions on the gameplay of DJ Hero, Shaneus.

I had an absolute ball with the first.
Yeah I got the impression it was well received but it's now a niche genre after the over-saturation caused by Guitar Hero. The little I played was really enjoyable. Can't be arsed having a turntable sitting in my lounge-room though.

Shaneus

TBH I wasn't really a fan, but I'm probably the DJ Hero equivalent of a guitar-playing musical elitist who balks at those who enjoy Rock Band (which I fucking love).

I did buy DJ Hero 2 the other day, though... it was only $30 game-only at Dick Smith :(

So yeah, if you're mostly into listening to mainstream dance music (but I'm pretty sure there's a heavy portion of hip-hop/rap as well) then give it a shot. Quite a few of my friends really enjoy it, no reason you shouldn't!

Top Bottom