• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

I am very near the end of Crysis 2, possibly at the last mission.
Got weirded out when the suit started talking to me again, as I had forgotten it had sentience. Also wanted to shoot Hargreave's.. heart or whatever with the MIKE in his chamber, but then I felt sorry for the idiot. Oh well.

Madrical said:
DA2 is $28 on PC at Ozgameshop. Is DA2 that bad, or worth getting? For comparisons sake I got bored of DA1 about 30 hours in. The fade was one of the most boring, horrible quests I've ever done.
DA2 is all the fade, all the time. One boring area over and over. I would wait for the GOTY edition with all the DLC in a years time.

I would do anything for more sleep right now. Children are joyful.

Also OzGameShop has LA Noire for $49 on 360. Dirt 3 is also $35 to pre-order on PC if you can wait for it to arrive.

Noticed channel 7 are hyping an exclusive interview with the Yellow wiggle. Bullshit, he did the same interview on channel 9 a month ago. When he got bought out of the Wiggles he invested the money in multi-million dollar mansions and lost some money because of the GFC. He still has lots of money but his investments aren't worth as much as before.

Salazar

reptilescorpio said:
Noticed channel 7 are hyping an exclusive interview with the Yellow wiggle.

Only the tales of sex, drugs, and buried bodies would interest me - and even then, I would be reluctant to switch it on.

Stackboy

Really keen to start a new game, but I know Red Faction: Armageddon, DNF and inFamous 2 are out in a little over 2 weeks. Guess I will stick to Halo: Reach, BLOPS and MK.

Been sick all weekend so got to spend a fair bit of time with LA Noire and The Witcher 2.

Loving both games, probably The Witcher 2 more than LA Noire. If nothing else LA Noire does some stuff that I have never experienced in video games before, so for that alone I think it needs to be commended. Bipolar Ken Cosgrove aside, it is addictive as hell and the story has me totally hooked.

The Witcher 2 is like all my favourite elements from RPGs rolled into one. Probably going to be in my top 2 or 3 games of the year, if not my GOTY.

Getting close to the end of New Vegas now. I've decided to
go it alone and killed Mr House, and told the NCR and Legion to get stuffed
. Really feels like there are lots of options for multiple playthroughs with different character builds, unlike Fallout 3 which felt like the game would be exactly the same however I decided to approach it.

My plan to play through it again will mean it sits there alongside Mass Effect/2 for the second playthoughs when I never actually get around to it...

Salazar

legend166 said:
On Friday I go on a month holiday to Europe.

If you go near the Trevi Fountain, there is a sort of bakery/delicatessen—to your left as you face it—that does sensational crunchy pork rolls. The sign reads merely 'Forno'.

I wanted to eat nowhere else - forever.

Salazar said:
If you go near the Trevi Fountain, there is a sort of bakery/delicatessen—to your left as you face it—that does sensational crunchy pork rolls. The sign reads merely 'Forno'.

Isn't there also a good ice cream shop just behind/to the side of the fountain (when looking at it, walk on the left of it)? They have like 30 flavours...

legend166

Salazar said:

Our place in Rome is about a 10 minute walk from Trevi Fountain, so I look forward to it.

Fredescu

Bernbaum said:
Of all of nature's vegetables, Celery is the worst.

The worst.
Celery is good in a stew. They soak up everything else and taste kinda nice. Which reminds me, it's lamb shanks weather again. I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Bernbaum

The carrot is not fantastic but can be tolerated in certain dishes, namely stir fry.

Celery is pale, has terrible flavour and the stringy texture combined with the crunchiness just ruins any meal it is served with.

Bernbaum

Doncamatic said:
Celery rocks, so do carrots. Worst is asparagus. It's not even a contest as far as I'm concerned.
Fresh asparagus is fantastic, canned asparagus is the congealed semen of Satan.

Asparagus + Prosciutto + Shaved Parmesan + Griller = deliciousness.

Fredescu

Brussels Sprouts are good in a stir fry. Chop them up so their bitterness is spread around a bit. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to eat them whole.

Bernbaum

Vegetables, for the most part, remain a bit of chore.

Since childhood there was an established order in which the constituents of the dinner plate should be addressed and consumed. Crispy vegetables (the carrot and her ilk) - get that shit out of there first. Then the greens - peas are sweet and tasty, less so its distant cousins the bean and snow pea. Then mashed potato - nature's best vegetable.

Then the grand finale - STEAK.

Agyar

Fredescu said:
Brussels Sprouts are good in a stir fry. Chop them up so their bitterness is spread around a bit. I don't know why anyone thought it was a good idea to eat them whole.

Brussels sprouts are fantastic when sauteed in a garlic butter. Make sure to buy the smallest ones available and not to overcook them.

Clipper

Bernbaum said:
Vegetables, for the most part, remain a bit of chore.

Since childhood there was an established order in which the constituents of the dinner plate should be addressed and consumed. Crispy vegetables (the carrot and her ilk) - get that shit out of there first. Then the greens - peas are sweet and tasty, less so its distant cousins the bean and snow pea. Then mashed potato - nature's best vegetable.

Then the grand finale - STEAK.
Hey, if broccoli is one of the greens, it should go before carrots for sure.

Bernbaum

legend166 said:
I'm one of those 'eat the meat first' kind of guys.

Except when it comes to fast food, I eat the chips first.
WHAT. The culinary equivalent of engaging foreplay after coitus.

Salazar said:
Wat.

Admittedly, my finest experiences with it have involved cheese sauce, but still.
Cheese sauce is part of the cauliflower, isn't it? Like, that's how it grows in nature? I've never seen it without out - like skin on an apple.

Fredescu

I'm struggling to think of any vegetable I don't like. It's always in how you cook them. I will admit that I'm yet to enjoy broad beans in any way, but I'm sure there are some ways of making them nice. Indian style probably.

BanShunsaku said:
The worst vegetable by far is the choko.
I've had decent chutney made from choko. I think it was just to add bulk as the choko itself is pretty flavourless.

Clipper

Bernbaum said:
Broccoli is undeserving of its level of scorn. Fluffy and flavoursome.
I like broccoli too, as I love all the vegetables mentioned in the ordered post, but I definitely prefer carrots, peas, potato and most other vegetables before it. Only ones I actually despise are brussels sprouts, and to a lesser degree, squash, zucchini and the like.

legend166

Broccoli is great.

I just spent the last 30 minutes at work looking up all my hotels on Google streetview.

I think we're in trouble in Florence. There's a Gucci right next to our hotel. I know what my sister will be doing for the three days -_-

Bernbaum

Clipper said:
I like broccoli too, as I love all the vegetables mentioned in the ordered post, but I definitely prefer carrots, peas, potato and most other vegetables before it. Only ones I actually despise are brussels sprouts, and to a lesser degree, squash, zucchini and the like.
Squash and zucchini have vile texture.

legend166 said:
Broccoli is great.

I just spent the last 30 minutes at work looking up all my hotels on Google streetview.

I think we're in trouble in Florence. There's a Gucci right next to our hotel. I know what my sister will be doing for the three days -_-
Playing 3DS?

Fredescu said:
I've had decent chutney made from choko. I think it was just to add bulk as the choko itself is pretty flavourless.

I think I read somewhere that McDonalds used to use choko in its hot apple pies to bulk them up.

legend166 said:
I think we're in trouble in Florence.
Step 1) Play Assassin's Creed 2 for the next few days.
Step 2) Pretend you're Ezio.
Step 3) Profit! (and/or jail time, depending on how much you pretend you're Ezio)

Salazar

codswallop said:
Step 1) Play Assassin's Creed 2 for the next few days.
Step 2) Pretend you're Ezio.
Step 3) Profit! (and/or jail time, depending on how much you pretend you're Ezio)

So hard to stop imagining climbing stuff in Rome.

Except the Castel Sant Angelo. There's no fucking way.

Kritz

Banned
By the gods it's humid in Tas at the moment.

I'm not used to this kind of shit. It's too hot for jackets but it's too wet for tshirts.

Bernbaum

Oh dear. Latest email from the bank is inviting me to double my credit limit. They've been offering an increase every 6 months or so for the last few years (since I was still studying) and I've accepted each opportunity, slowly letting my limit grow. Each increment was $500, however, this is the first flat out doubling I've been offered.

Beyond the fees (which I wasn't paying for the years as a student) I've never paid a cent of interest.

Hopefully this isn't a mistake...

Bernbaum said:
Beyond the fees (which I wasn't paying for the years as a student) I've never paid a cent of interest.

If you see a credit card as money you've borrowed and have to pay back, then you'll be OK.

If, however, you see a credit card as extra free money you've got, then you're screwed.

The wife used to see a credit card as extra money (she'd always say things like "I've got $300 left on my credit card, what can I buy?"). I managed to get her to realise that it's actually a loan and you're borrowing the money, to pay back later. Ever since, she's been anal about paying the credit card off as soon as possible.

Agyar

Bernbaum said:
Oh dear. Latest email from the bank is inviting me to double my credit limit. They've been offering an increase every 6 months or so for the last few years (since I was still studying) and I've accepted each opportunity, slowly letting my limit grow. Each increment was $500, however, this is the first flat out doubling I've been offered.

Probably why they're offering you increasingly large credit limits. I'm in the same boat, never pay interest but I make a lot of purchases on my credit card and I'm consistently offered larger credit limits and extra card features. Of course your credit limit will be hard capped based on your income but I'm certain there is a strategy applied to increase your appetite for credit use by making your purchases seem small in comparison to your available credit and the extra features enticing you to put more purchases on the card when you're keeping your card balance paid in full.

Either way, they can throw whatever they want at me as long as I continue not paying a yearly fee and having access to months-long interest free periods on purchases.

Fredescu

Game.co.uk quote 4-6 working days to Australasia, but you pay 5 pounds for the privilege, and they're generally not as cheap as the others.

Top Bottom