• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Deeku

Jintor said:
I'm experiencing Ocarina of Time in a non-being-at-my-friends-house context for the first time!
Holy shit same here. In my case, it was my neighbours house pretty much every day.

Danoss

So Ocarina of Time turned up today via DHL. I saw that it was with the driver on the tracking page and was waiting patiently. Another package I was awaiting via UPS arrived first. I kept waiting and as they usually deliver very early in the morning here, eventually I started wondering what was taking so long. I refreshed the tracking page and... hello there...

idUhCY.png

Nice one DHL.

Now that I know my letterbox has finally been reanimated, everything will fall into place. *evil laugh*

jambo

I STILL haven't played Alpha Protocol.

Valve updating TF2 and making it F2P kinda stopped me playing any other games.

BanShunsaku said:
Just remembered LOTR extended blu ray set comes out tomorrow.

There goes my weekend!

Grabbing it this week =D

Choc

Banned
So the NRL has managed to destroy one of the best origin series in recent times

Fuck you david gallop. Putting Manly vs St George on the Monday night before an Origin? Rocks in your fucking head.

QLD will win in a canter now as we've lost some of our best to injuries.

This is the problem that happens when the NRL does not run the Origin series.

Danoss

Clipper said:
Is it time to alter my avatar again?
gazrimmerorigin.png
Origin is still going, don't know why you changed it back in the first place. Also, with this quote, my avatar is giving your avatar the finger directly. Appropriate.

Choc said:
Fuck you david gallop. Putting Manly vs St George on the Monday night before an Origin? Rocks in your fucking head.
It's State of Origin camp this week. The game isn't until Wednesday the 6th.

The Monday night game the week of Origin is Roosters vs Raiders and no players take the field the week before Origin, so no one cares.

Choc

Banned
Danoss said:
Origin is still going, don't know why you changed it back in the first place. Also, with this quote, my avatar is giving your avatar the finger directly. Appropriate.

The Monday night game the week of Origin is Roosters vs Raiders and no players take the field the week before Origin, so no one cares.

ricky stuart cares

its a joke, why didnt two QLD teams play last night?

Clipper

Danoss said:

I only wanted to use it for the few days prior to the game. Will change it back next week then.

Kritz

Banned
BanShunsaku said:
Just remembered LOTR extended blu ray set comes out tomorrow.

There goes my weekend!

Oh fuck that's out tomorrow? Who's selling it for the best price?

I figure I'll rock up at JB Hifi and get it. $120? I think.

Danoss

Choc said:
ricky stuart cares

its a joke, why didnt two QLD teams play last night?
I fail to see a huge deal with this. Origin is nest Wednesday, they have 8 days to prepare.

Melbourne played on Monday the week before the last Origin match and they have Smith, Cronk, Slater and Nielsen in the QLD side.

Clipper

You guys have sold me on the LotR set too, although I'll be getting it from Amazon for US$70 + shipping. Man, I love having a US PS3.

Edit: Hmm, looks like the Aussie version doesn't have Digital Copy either. What a crappy deal in comparison...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My nearest was. JB wasn't.

Fredescu

How does the CD thing work? Do only the first X amount of people that register get one, or is it anyone that registers within a certain timeframe?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Fredescu said:
How does the CD thing work? Do only the first X amount of people that register get one, or is it anyone that registers within a certain timeframe?

Register before July 31st and you'll get one, that's pretty much the information I have.

Choc

Banned
i'm digging deeper into this vook, this clearly is of interest to me

EB possibly has declared war on street dates due to US import ability and the dollar value.

EB is big enough to take street dates on and win as well I think.

Was RE a Nintendo or THQ release vookster?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
i'm digging deeper into this vook, this clearly is of interest to me

EB possibly has declared war on street dates due to US import ability and the dollar value.

EB is big enough to take street dates on and win as well I think.

Was RE a Nintendo or THQ release vookster?

Because publishers won't blacklist EB cos they're so huge now?

RE was a THQ release.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Because publishers won't blacklist EB cos they're so huge now?

RE was a THQ release.

Yes. Pretty much. The only thing they can do really is hold back EB's shipment until the very last moments.

Two clear as day street date breaks in a week means I think a war may have been declared.

THQ is not one to ship stuff without street dates.

Might be worth asking Paul if RE had a Street Date vook

EDIT:

F3AR was on the table and I believe about to be put onto shelves today. Again, a street date break.

Mistle

Got Zelda! My local EB had a sign up saying "ask us about Zelda!" lol. Haven't had a chance to play it yet but I can't wait.

Choc said:
Two clear as day street date breaks in a week means I think a war may have been declared.
Stuff street dates. How about they declare war on ridiculous prices. Or at least their ridiculous prices.

Omikron

Choc said:
Yes. Pretty much. The only thing they can do really is hold back EB's shipment until the very last moments.

THQ is not one to ship stuff without street dates.

Might be worth asking Paul if RE had a Street Date vook

EDIT:

F3AR was on the table and I believe about to be put onto shelves today. Again, a street date break.

I support said 'war' provided the consumer wins.

Choc

Banned
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2011/06/won’t-somebody-think-of-the-children-so-i-don’t-have-to/

woooooooooooooooooow. amazing piece of writing.

in other news. kids under 5 are now banned on Malaysian Airlines First Class.

Interestingly enough all the comments on the news sites support this measure. So do I in a way.

If you are paying ~20k for a flight you generally need your rest as you are on business (or an overpaid celebrity) having kids running about.

It should also apply to Business Class. It's not called Business class for no reason. FWIW i wouldn't ever take a kid in business or first. I would think its to rude to the passengers who have paid a premium fare for a reason.

I know many people would say well then, why does economy have to suffer and i totally agree. I would have MANY reservations about taking a baby on a flight outside Australia for a number of reasons, not the least pissing everyone on the plane off.

Possibly an idea is have an area where parents and babies sit? Could be a bonus for a number of reasons such as FA's knowing where kids may need extra attention etc.

and it's not just because they are snobs. When I fly business its for a bloody good reason such as landing at Heathrow 10pm at night and required at a meeting 830am the next morning.

I need sleep....

I'm not trying to be an elitest who says babies shouldn't fly, of course not. Many times i have experienced well drilled parents getting their kids to sleep for 9-10 hours of a longhaul to London and was amazed.

it's the parents who think letting their kids run up and down an aisle and scream etc without even talking to them that piss me off. Unfortunately it seems a problem Australian parents have rather than any other country.

Choc

Banned
Oh its on like Donkey Kong bitches

'EBGamesAus EB Games Australia
#EBAUNEWS #F3AR is on sale NOW!! bit.ly/jantDx
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply'

they are breaking street dates like there is no tommorow.

Fredescu

Choc said:
Yep, they justed tweeted that it's on sale now, with a link to their webpage that says its not out until tomorrow.

Edit: damnit

hamchan

Choc said:
Oh its on like Donkey Kong bitches

'EBGamesAus EB Games Australia
#EBAUNEWS #F3AR is on sale NOW!! bit.ly/jantDx
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply'

they are breaking street dates like there is no tommorow.

Might as well. Publishers can't do shit to them.

Choc

Banned
Well how about this

http://www.gametraders.com.au/#search?cat=Web_Search&words=fear 3&fmat=All Formats&genre=all&age=all&location=all&page=1

Fear 3 in stock at all GameTraders

probably UK import

maybe eb is pulling the trigger as soon as GT does.

*grabs popcorn* this is getting interesting

http://www.gametraders.com.au/#search?cat=Web_Search&words=resident evil&fmat=All Formats&genre=all&age=all&location=all&page=1

Mercenaries also on sale

This could get REAL ugly for local publishers if thats what EB is doing. There is nothing illegal about what Game Traders is doing so it can't be stopped. What EB is doing is breaking contracts however but EB is huge

:|

Rock and a hard place

Theres a story in this i think..... :)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mercs is a wee bit shit.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
The next Nintendo game anyway.

what else is coming out? fuckin nothing

EDIT: so in the US i just realised Nintendo is releasing a game with planes on the 10th anniversary of Sept 11th

thats sure going to go down well

Top Bottom