• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Choc said:
Well how about this

http://www.gametraders.com.au/#search?cat=Web_Search&words=fear 3&fmat=All Formats&genre=all&age=all&location=all&page=1

Fear 3 in stock at all GameTraders

probably UK import

maybe eb is pulling the trigger as soon as GT does.

*grabs popcorn* this is getting interesting

http://www.gametraders.com.au/#search?cat=Web_Search&words=resident evil&fmat=All Formats&genre=all&age=all&location=all&page=1

Mercenaries also on sale

This could get REAL ugly for local publishers if thats what EB is doing. There is nothing illegal about what Game Traders is doing so it can't be stopped. What EB is doing is breaking contracts however but EB is huge

:|

Rock and a hard place

Theres a story in this i think..... :)

Going to write up something now, even though I'm not Multiplat :p

Problem is Choc, Resident evil isn't out in the EU yet.

Choc

Banned
doesn't mean shit vook

i've seen tons of retailers who import in aus release before a UK street date

it does not apply to them so they can.

gamelane.com.au being a good example.

EDIT: someone called EB out on Twitter about 3 street date breaks and they have yet to respond

lols

VOOK

Choc said:
doesn't mean shit vook

i've seen tons of retailers who import in aus release before a UK street date

it does not apply to them so they can.

gamelane.com.au being a good example.

EDIT: someone called EB out on Twitter about 3 street date breaks and they have yet to respond

lols

They responded to me when I called them out about Zelda.

hamchan

Hmmm now that I've played OOT 3D for a few hours I kinda want the soundtrack even though I imported. I'll probably end up downloading it.

jambo

OoT on 3DS is so addictive, been playing it for hours and hours!

hamchan said:
Hmmm now that I've played OOT 3D for a few hours I kinda want the soundtrack even though I imported. I'll probably end up downloading it.

I'll be ripping mine to my PC in 320 kbps

;)

VOOK

Choc said:
EB needs to be careful. They have that expo thing coming up that kinda relies on publishers support.....

Oh snap. Choc read ya PM's.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If 3DS software sales have tanked like I assume they have, shinanigans like this could be attempts at drumming up quick sales for new releases. Import stock of Zelda and put in on shelves and you're guarentied some buzz. I cant see Mercs doing very well, so EB might be trying to capitalise on some early business.

jambo

Did EB put the OoT stock out on the shelves? All the JB stores had them behind the counter, but you could easily get a copy if you asked, like I did.

Also EatChildren, there are totally some AusGAF members who are ripe for tags...

VOOK

EatChildren said:
If 3DS software sales have tanked like I assume they have, shinanigans like this could be attempts at drumming up quick sales for new releases. Import stock of Zelda and put in on shelves and you're guarentied some buzz. I cant see Mercs doing very well, so EB might be trying to capitalise on some early business.

Or it could be a last minute push before the financial year is out.

jambo said:
Did EB put the OoT stock out on the shelves? All the JB stores had them behind the counter, but you could easily get a copy if you asked, like I did.

Also EatChildren, there are totally some AusGAF members who are ripe for tags...

No they didn't. And they had AU stock not imports.

I need a new tag >_> Should be more like 'Don't know why he bought 4 3DS's, there's no games for one'.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Or it could be a last minute push before the financial year is out.

No they didn't. And they had AU stock not imports.

I need a new tag >_> Should be more like 'Don't know why he bought 4 3DS's, there's no games for one'.

must.be.done.

Omikron

VOOK said:

3D just wasn't enough?

@chocobo - you been watching the u17 WC mate? Tombides looks a player. Can't say much for the rest of the Aussie kids however. Their possession retention is severly shite.

EatChildren said:
Tag begging peasants. Take it to ACA.

But I play PC :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tag begging peasants. Take it to ACA.

Choc

Banned
Tony Archer to referee Origin 3

time for him to ruin it like he did O1 with some fucking disgraceful decisions that even Harragon said was wrong.

legend166

Pfft, Eat Children can't even change our tags. He has no real power. He's just a puppet!

In other news, I'm going to start the process of researching for buying a new PC. So let's fire up this AusGAF PC part recommendation engine again.

This will also give me something to do at work now I have no holiday to plan.

I'm thinking of spending $1000, which will not include a monitor/keyboard/mouse/copy of Windows 7 (because I'm pretty sure I can just use mine again).

Reckon that is enough to last me another 4 years? Because our last PC cost $1100 and it will be 4 years old in November. It's done well.

EatChildren

Thinly veiled tag request denied.

legend166

Because I put this in an edit and not a new post, people might miss it and I want recommendations, so here we go again!

In other news, I'm going to start the process of researching for buying a new PC. So let's fire up this AusGAF PC part recommendation engine again.

This will also give me something to do at work now I have no holiday to plan.

I'm thinking of spending $1000, which will not include a monitor/keyboard/mouse/copy of Windows 7 (because I'm pretty sure I can just use mine again).

Reckon that is enough to last me another 4 years? Because our last PC cost $1100 and it will be 4 years old in November. It's done well.

What are the good websites to use in NSW again?

Choc

Banned
Vook just skimmed it. Pretty good

Also, the comment about losing collectors editions. I don't think EB will care

They seem intent on making their own collectors editions from now on.

VOOK

It's not a race Choc, I gotta get back to work now >_>

Also yeah I think we'll see more of their own collectors editions.

edit: Hmm I didn't mention about the launch party being cancelled at EB games, I wonder who actually said 'no we're not doing it.

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
It's not a race Choc, I gotta get back to work now >_>

Also yeah I think we'll see more of their own collectors editions.

edit: Hmm I didn't mention about the launch party being cancelled at EB games, I wonder who actually said 'no we're not doing it.

haha probably EB (i was joking about the vooks serrels thing vooky :) and i know its not a race :D) just wondering where the eff serrels is today

anyway

EB would have to pay employees to be @ the party. They know it would be bomba.

Done and dusted.

MrSerrels

I was on my anniversary holiday just got back late last night, so playing catch up!

I honestly think that EB just hung up on me.

I think this may be a very real dead end.

VOOK

^ This.

They've gone to ground with it all, they'll keep doing it but won't acknowledge they are.

MrSerrels

Choc said:
the fact eb is hanging up makes me think this is all true

Spoke to head office. Put me through to marketing team.

Got released.

Must be a mistake.

Call again.

"Oh sorry, transferring you now."

Hold tone, then release.

Call again. No answer. Call another five times no answer.

Call from another phone like a stalker ex-boyfriend. Pick up. Then hang up on immediately as soon as I voice my distinctive Scottish brogue.

Omikron

MrSerrels said:

Got released.

Must be a mistake.

Call again.

Hold tone, then release.

Call from another phone like a stalker ex-boyfriend. Pick up. Then hang up on immediately as soon as I voice my distinctive Scottish brogue.

"Unavailable for comment"

As good as an admission if you are TT/ACA.

markot

Banned
MrSerrels said:

Got released.

Must be a mistake.

Call again.

Hold tone, then release.

lol

EatChildren

Salazar said:
Hardly any Aus-Gaffers have tags.

You'd just be fixing an imbalance.

Salazar
Hyoyeon for life.
(Today, 03:50 PM)

Fredescu

legend166 said:
What are the good websites to use in NSW again?
My personal favourite is http://www.itestate.com.au because their prices are there or thereabouts, and their website has always been a reliable indicator of stock unlike most places. They have these new weird stock codes though, so I'm not sure what they're about.

Someone more local to you is http://www.greenboxit.com.au/ and they look dodgy as hell, but might be worth checking out without having to leave your homeland.

As for a build, something involving a 2500k, Z68 motherboard, GTX570/HD6970 should last you a good while. It will probably be more towards the $1200 than the $1000 mark.

Gazunta

If you guys had tags I'd be less special, and we can't have that.

This is the start of retail acting like they're a publisher themselves. Which is fair enough in a sense - if they imported the product and shipped it to their stores, then they're just doing what our local publishers do, right?

Now what I'm interested in is - will this have any impact on EB internationally? Could a local publisher complain to their US arm who in turn complains to the head office...then again I'm not exactly sure what the official relationship is between the different EBs around the world. The Australian one could just be a franchise deal for all I know.

jambo

MrSerrels said:
Then hang up on immediately as soon as I voice my distinctive Scottish brogue.

Bmerz.gif

legend166

Salazar said:
Hardly any Aus-Gaffers have tags.

You'd just be fixing an imbalance.

I was actually being serious when I said EatChildren couldn't change our tags. Only admins can do it.

At least, that's the story that Amir0x tells.

jambo

Gazunta said:
If you guys had tags I'd be less special, and we can't have that.

You'll always be our giant space lesbian though!

Gazunta said:
This is the start of retail acting like they're a publisher themselves. Which is fair enough in a sense - if they imported the product and shipped it to their stores, then they're just doing what our local publishers do, right?

Are you sure you're not confusing publishers with distributors?

Top Bottom