• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Fredescu

Kritz said:
EDIT: Also I should specify this post isn't... well, entirely targeted towards you. More to like, the points you provided.
Cool, because I'm personally down with your humour. All I'm saying is I can see how it could piss other people off.

Kritz

Banned
Fredescu said:
Cool, because I'm personally down with your humour. All I'm saying is I can see how it could piss other people off.

happy 12,500th reply asshole

way to waste it on that bullshit

Echoplx

3cLM3.gif

Rezbit

Hey Legend, apparently Horse sent the Geesh an email about the umpiring yesterday. AFL apparently gonna say something tomorrow.

Frawdder

Choc said:
Also NSW AG is going to abstain from the R18 vote this Friday, defeating the motion.

So guess what States, guess fucking what. The federal government is going to take the review, read it, realise the thing needs a overhaul, teh whole lot and legislate it AND remove your powers. And guess what, you won't be able to do a thing about it.

States holding federal governments to ransom on a federal issue, is beyond ridiculous.

I'm telling you, it will never happen until the Government removes the powers from the states. It does not require a referendum because its not a constitutional right and power. It is only written in the Classification Act of 1996. Amend that, and its all over red rover states. You lose the power to control it, and its YOUR OWN FAULT
Don't forget, John Rau, South Australian AG said that he would introduce an R18 for games without the approval of the federal government or other states if this kept getting delayed.

South Australia, fuck yeah!

Kritz

Banned
Fredescu said:
12500 is about as significant and relevant as your average Kritz post.

yo think of 12500, and how many things have that number

least we're talking about lines of text in a chatroom, nothin I do will ever hit that number.

NOTHIN.

Kerrby said:
I think you should update the release list on your website Kritz ;P.

No part of me can work out what you just said.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Kerrby said:
Just one playthrough, I don't understand the multiple paths thing. I've never played it, sounds confusing.

5 Hours for one trip through? Choc how much do you suck at this game...

POWERSPHERE said:
Vook has a girlfriend.

This gives me a boner for justice.

V-Boner

evlcookie said:
Aon, write for vook, he needs pros in Melbourne ;)

I guess kritz is being kritz in steam chat again.

We're not pro's ._.

Jintor

Frawdder said:
Don't forget, John Rau, South Australian AG said that he would introduce an R18 for games without the approval of the federal government or other states if this kept getting delayed.

South Australia, fuck yeah!

Urgh, constitutional politics

Omikron

Ahhh forum politics, good to see AusGAF isn't immune, certainly more interesting than the current 'election' campaign. Tempted to not abstain from this vote. Whose running?

legend166

New PC is a go.

Dilemma:

I have my old 1TB HDD which was has my old windows 7 install and all my programs. Obviously I don't care about the Windows install, but I want to reuse that HDD for programs. I'm going to have to simply reinstall everything, aren't I? Should I reformat it with GUID?

Should I format this new 2TB drive with GUID?

Madrical

Banned
legend166 said:
New PC is a go.

Dilemma:

I have my old 1TB HDD which was has my old windows 7 install and all my programs. Obviously I don't care about the Windows install, but I want to reuse that HDD for programs. I'm going to have to simply reinstall everything, aren't I? Should I reformat it with GUID?

Should I format this new 2TB drive with GUID?
I dunno about others, but when I get a new PC I love having no programs on any HDD so it's 100% brand new. The only stuff I transferred to my new PC a year ago was my music, video and documents.

Also what's with the hate in this thread? ): or is it friendly bantering that I'm taking the wrong way? :p

legend166

Madrical said:
I dunno about others, but when I get a new PC I love having no programs on any HDD so it's 100% brand new. The only stuff I transferred to my new PC a year ago was my music, video and documents.

Also what's with the hate in this thread? ): or is it friendly bantering that I'm taking the wrong way? :p

Well I'm not going to download all those Steam games again for no reason :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Legend.

There's 2 ways to boot from the cd, you either enter UEFI mode or standard mode. UEFI forced you to use GUID partition table where as standard is just your same old shit.

I went with standard since i had no idea what the uefi stuff really does. Just select boot menu if you need to install windows and you should see your cd drive listed twice.

Gazunta

Kritz once banned me in my underwear area.

5/5 - Kritz.net

OK back to playing Z on iOS.

New topics to keep me amused under the threat of me posting comics here:

* Everyone who drives a black ute is an asshole.
* Why on Earth does the Looney Tunes cartoon show on 111 Hits need a host and FUCKING DICKY KNEE GOD BURN IT WITH FIRE.
* Who are these people that watch breakfast TV what the hell how can people be so energetic in the morning

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
5 Hours for one trip through? Choc how much do you suck at this game...

V-Boner

We're not pro's ._.

it didnt take 5 hrs, it took 2 if that

kerrby was asking me how long does it take to see most of the game

there is different paths yes

Salazar

People in white utes suck as well.

I used to watch breakfast tv before walking to uni. If you know you're about to study, you can tolerate shiny imbeciles for a few minutes.

Danoss

JaseC said:
Sounds like the exchange your friend is connected to was congested.
Nope, he knows other people in his street and they are unaffected. It's a random thing that happens at a number of TPG DSLAMs and is a known fault. TPG actually has a tool so you can see who else is connected to TPG nearby and what their sync speed is, and it's accurate.

As my friend is about to, you may need to investigate the quality of your own lines just in case that is a cause.

Also, don't mind giri, he's just condescending and pompous all the time. I usually don't engage him as it's a waste of energy.

hamchan

Jintor said:
Anybody got any opinions on Radiant Historia?

Really great JRPG that makes good use of time travel. I'm 15-20 hours in and enjoying it immensely. It's Amirox approved and that guy normally hates everything!!!

Ydahs

*opens thread*

*goes to make Nutella sandvich*

*reads last two pages*

edit: this caught my interest:
Rezbit said:
Hey Legend, apparently Horse sent the Geesh an email about the umpiring yesterday. AFL apparently gonna say something tomorrow.
Who's the Horse? Is this something to do with the Sydney v Freo's last quarter?

Also AusGAF, am I the only fan of wrasslin' here?

commissar

Gaz I think the trick to being energetic in the morning is nothing more than coffee. I refuse to believe anyone can be awake naturally at 6am.
I'm on my second cup

Rahk

I don't drink coffee and wake up at 5-5:30 every weekday.

I'm typically proper awake by 6 as at that time I'll be walking to the station.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wake up at 6 / 6:30. Internal body clock, So good.

I still throw on my iPhone alarm though just in case i had a late night.

giri

commissar said:
Gaz I think the trick to being energetic in the morning is nothing more than coffee. I refuse to believe anyone can be awake naturally at 6am.
I'm on my second cup
I wake up @ 5am every weekday. And i don't drink coffee. If i was still allowed to be at the gym (medical thing, almost over) i wouldn't even be drinking Tea (which i don't until about 8am).

The secret to having energy in the morning is to not settle into apathy. Do something that engages your brain and gets you going.

Kritz

Banned
silly giri, mornings aren't for energy. They're for self loathing and accepting of the fate which we've made for ourselves.

Clipper

I can't physically sleep if there is sunlight, even reflected sunlight, hitting my eyes. It's both a gift (due to being able to game before work) and a curse (when I'm actually tired or didn't sleep well and I physically can't sleep more). I absolutely abhor the taste of coffee and tea, so they are no part of it. When I finally get around to buying a house, it will have thick curtains on the windows, that's for sure.

Shaneus

Yo AusGAF. What's the latest PSP I can get that will do CFW? I'm running it on my 1000 but if I can get something that's smaller and has a better screen for a decent price, I will.

legend166

I didn't even get a chance to play a game on the new rig last night. Was too busy installing Windows and getting all the settings right and stuff. Hopefully tonight will be different.

Clipper said:
When I finally get around to buying a house, it will have thick curtains on the windows, that's for sure.
Why does renting a house prevent you from buying curtains? Fair enough if there's nothing to hang them from in your current place.

Choc

Banned
Clipper said:
I can't physically sleep if there is sunlight, even reflected sunlight, hitting my eyes. It's both a gift (due to being able to game before work) and a curse (when I'm actually tired or didn't sleep well and I physically can't sleep more). I absolutely abhor the taste of coffee and tea, so they are no part of it. When I finally get around to buying a house, it will have thick curtains on the windows, that's for sure.

clipper you need to investigate the law change that occured in NSW last year (you're in NSW right?)

they basically told agents that the shit they have been doing to renters is wrong and denying various thing is ridiculous unless the agent can prove there is a very good reason to block it

So for example, you can now no longer stop renters putting up baby blockers, those things that you can pull across to stop kids getting in the kitchen etc and generalyl tehy cannot stop you putting up pictures (however there is a limit to what is considered acceptable, you can't just go bananas)

there was a whole raft of allowances made. You still have to ask the agent, but if the agent refuses you can remind them of this law and if they still refuse you can challenge it

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/About_us/Publications/Changes_to_tenancy_laws/index.html

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
legend166 said:
I didn't even get a chance to play a game on the new rig last night. Was too busy installing Windows and getting all the settings right and stuff. Hopefully tonight will be different.

Enjoy installing windows on your SSD? And what firmware is it at? I hope you made sure it was at 0002 before installing stuff!

Aon

codswallop said:
Let's hope other news outlets pick this up as fact.

So much. I wonder if this is in retaliation for that ex-News of the World whistleblower that was found dead last night?

I hope that dude wasn't killed off for his part in kicking off the scandal, but it does seem way too coincidental for my liking :(

Now taking long term bets for my odds of getting whacked by Newscorp!

legend166

evlcookie said:
Enjoy installing windows on your SSD? And what firmware is it at? I hope you made sure it was at 0002 before installing stuff!

I don't know what that means. I didn't update the firmware before installing anything :S

How do I check the firmware?

Everything was running ridiculously smooth so things couldn't have gone too bad.

Top Bottom