• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

codswallop said:
I didn't say McNulty's presence was a bad thing, but so far he's been the catalyst of things being shaken up, and seems to enjoy pushing people's buttons for the hell of it.
Pretty much sums it up.

I am with TPG and its fantastic, we have only ever had one problem with them and that was a line fault after the floods that got fixed.

ps. Finding a new house mate is proving to be a sh*t of a task.

So who has tips on resigning from their jobs? I just got offered a way better one, but I've never had to quit before (I've just told bosses I'll let them know when I'm available again and never been available, but they were casual jobs, this is like a real job). Super effing nervous. I think I've got to do it this afternoon

FallbackPants said:
So who has tips on resigning from their jobs? I just got offered a way better one, but I've never had to quit before (I've just told bosses I'll let them know when I'm available again and never been available, but they were casual jobs, this is like a real job). Super effing nervous. I think I've got to do it this afternoon

You write a letter of resignation and then hand it over. your boss/HR will sit down and talk to you, probably asking you to stay and you will also discuss terms of leaving ie. 2 week period before you can go etc.

jambo

FallbackPants said:

Shit on Debra's desk.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Maggi totally changed their chicken flavoured noodles, They are no where near as good anymore. I also feel like i've bitched about this before!

Dead Man

FallbackPants said:

It is with regret I inform you of my resignation. Please consider this formal notification of the x weeks notice I am required to give.

Sincerely,

FallbackPants.

That's all you need to do, doesn't need to be a big deal.

The situation with kettle chips is kind of funny. There is a facebook group called bring back chilli chips and it has more likes then the actual kettle chips group. That plus the kettle chips page is pretty much covered in people asking for the old flavours back.

The thing is they always used to move off the shelves so fast now i never see even a single pack missing from the shelves.

Hopefully they will learn how stupid their decision was to just abandon all their old flavors (whilst simultaneously increasing the price and substantially reducing the grams).

evlcookie said:
Maggi totally changed their chicken flavoured noodles, They are no where near as good anymore. I also feel like i've bitched about this before!

They ruined the beef flavour as well.

Echoplx

TPG is fine, gets a lot of undeserved hate. Usual case of vocal minority I guess.

Find me an alternative that beats $60/m for unlimited downloads at an average speed of 600kb/s+ and I'd switch, but there is nothing better then this.

Dead Man

AdventureRacing said:
The situation with kettle chips is kind of funny. There is a facebook group called bring back chilli chips and it has more likes then the actual kettle chips group. That plus the kettle chips page is pretty much covered in people asking for the old flavours back.

The thing is they always used to move off the shelves so fast now i never see even a single pack missing from the shelves.

Hopefully they will learn how stupid their decision was to just abandon all their old flavors (whilst simultaneously increasing the price and substantially reducing the grams).

They ruined the beef flavour as well.
Wait. What did Kettle chips do? I've been on a healthy kick for a while, haven't even been looking.

Dead Man said:
Wait. What did Kettle chips do? I've been on a healthy kick for a while, haven't even been looking.

Abandoned all their old flavours. They changed their packets going for a new look i guess. They also reduced the grams by like 10-15% and increased the price a little bit.

I don't really care about the increase in price i just want my chilli chips back lol.

Dead Man

AdventureRacing said:
Abandoned all their old flavours. They changed their packets going for a new look i guess. They also reduced the grams by like 10-15% and increased the price a little bit.

I don't really care about the increase in price i just want my chilli chips back lol.
Bastards.

giri

3chopl0x said:
TPG is fine, gets a lot of undeserved hate. Usual case of vocal minority I guess.

Find me an alternative that beats $60/m for unlimited downloads at an average speed of 600kb/s+ and I'd switch, but there is nothing better then this.

That there is the reason why i refer to them as "they are what they are". It's nothing complex, they flood their exchanges with people who aren't predominantly PC gamers who do monitor their pings, but want the cheaper plans with bigger download limits.

And there aint nothing wrong with that. But you aren't going to get iinet/inode speed/pings to most places.

Echoplx

giri said:
That there is the reason why i refer to them as "they are what they are". It's nothing complex, they flood their exchanges with people who aren't predominantly PC gamers who do monitor their pings, but want the cheaper plans with bigger download limits.

And there aint nothing wrong with that. But you aren't going to get iinet/inode speed/pings to most places.

Playing BC2/KF/L4D2 lately I've been getting a ping of 50 or under, seems pretty good to me.

jambo

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437641

Ever heard of Gameloft? Chances are that unless you’re a big fan of mobile gaming you probably haven’t, but mobile games are serious business in this new world of smartphones and tablets, and Gameloft are indisputably one of the kings of the platform. With a list of developed games as long as your screen, four thousand employees spread over nearly twenty countries, and a revenue in excess of one hundred million euros per year, Gameloft are a force to be reckoned with - but for some of those employees in the nearby Auckland offices, it seems things may be less than spectacular.

“Some weeks I was work­ing 100 to 120 hours a week”, says Glenn Watson, former Head Studio Programmer at Gameloft’s New Zealand arm. “Starting at 9:30 AM, going home at 2:30 AM, and then com­ing back into the office at 8:30 AM to start work again was not unusual”. Glenn, who began his long career in Australia’s game development industry with Ratbag Games in Adelaide, spoke to games.on.net about what he describes as “dangerous working conditions” at a company that, it seems, has no qualms about breaking New Zealand’s health and safety laws. “There were other times when I would be called back into the office at 11:30 PM by the studio producer, only to head home again at 2:30 AM,” he explained. “It was after I worked four consecutive weeks of fourteen-hour days - including weekends - that I realised I needed to resign”.

Glenn’s allegations are broad-ranging, and many of them have been independently confirmed to games.on.net by other former Gameloft employees who wished to remain nameless. As Head Studio Programmer at the office, Glenn was privy to high-level observations of poor performance from employees across the studio - performance that he says was directly caused by the “unacceptable” working conditions enforced by Gameloft’s senior management. He recalls one week in particular when the team was working overtime to get a build of the game ready to demonstrate for Gameloft’s French headquarters.

“It was 11:30 at night,” says Glenn, “everyone had been there since 8:30 in the morning, and even our most reli­able pro­gram­mers were mak­ing mis­takes. I went up to see the stu­dio man­ager and the pro­du­cer and said ‘Listen, these guys are mak­ing mis­takes, they are tired, and they need to go home’. The producer replied that they needed everyone to be there, and the deadline had to be met. Later, I found out that one of the junior pro­gram­mers had actually worked a 24-hour straight stint in the office.”

Wow, 24 hours straight programming!

Choc

Banned
the guy who writes the rants needs to do two things

1. take andrew bolts job on radio

2. take his tv show and have his own

#notshitjournalism

the guy is an opinion columnist in the making, its just a real shame that the so called free media are full of fucking shit.

I am undecided on carbon tax but Conroy was right this morning when he launched a full on attack to the australian murdoch press saying they have a clear agenda and are no longer unbiased.

Aon

I've just discovered that Zone Adrenalan in Melbourne are closing down. They're supposedly having an intense sale in which they sell things far below cost, although my quick poke around the store didn't turn up any amazing deals. On the other hand, I might just be a bit biased coming off the back of the Steam sales.

Sad to see another great importer die, they weren't bad for day one purchases.

Shaneus

Aon said:
I've just discovered that Zone Adrenalan in Melbourne are closing down. They're supposedly having an intense sale in which they sell things far below cost, although my quick poke around the store didn't turn up any amazing deals. On the other hand, I might just be a bit biased coming off the back of the Steam sales.

Sad to see another great importer die, they weren't bad for day one purchases.
What? Really? Shit. I grabbed a few cheap games from them.. RB3 and LBP2.

Looks like it's just Dungeon Crawl for B&M imports then :/

Edit: No mention on their website... are they just doing an online shop then?

Omikron

Choc said:
the guy who writes the rants needs to do two things

1. take andrew bolts job on radio

2. take his tv show and have his own

#notshitjournalism

the guy is an opinion columnist in the making, its just a real shame that the so called free media are full of fucking shit.

I am undecided on carbon tax but Conroy was right this morning when he launched a full on attack to the australian murdoch press saying they have a clear agenda and are no longer unbiased.

Conroy has had a thing for the Murdoch press for quite a while IIRC. So hardly surprising he is criticising them again.

Shaneus

Does anyone here know where to get flavoured pork rinds/crackles/chicarrons in Australia? I'm low-carbing it ATM and I need a snack that isn't cheese.

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
Does anyone here know where to get flavoured pork rinds/crackles/chicarrons in Australia? I'm low-carbing it ATM and I need a snack that isn't cheese.
Jerky will be your friend, if you let him. No idea on the pork rinds, sorry.

Shaneus

Dead Man said:
Jerky will be your friend, if you let him. No idea on the pork rinds, sorry.
I noticed that the ultra-processed shit is relatively high in carbs... I assume a butcher-fresh version will be pretty much carb-free, then?

Dead Man

Shaneus said:
I noticed that the ultra-processed shit is relatively high in carbs... I assume a butcher-fresh version will be pretty much carb-free, then?
Yeah, I get some occasionally form the markets, it's just dried beef with whatever flavouring they add. Stay away from the pre packaged shit in supermarkets, shit is bad. Also Biltong is good too, sort of a South African version of jerky. A little bit goes a long way, too.

I haven't ordered any from this mob but they look legit: http://www.aussiejerky.com.au/ These guys seem okay too: http://www.biltongandbeefjerky.com.au/

Now I need to head down to the market and get some! Bastard.

giri

3chopl0x said:
Playing BC2/KF/L4D2 lately I've been getting a ping of 50 or under, seems pretty good to me.
Doesn't mean you can't. The odds are just stacked against you. And when your exchange starts getting more and more people on it... don't expect them to care.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Oh Choc yeah Starfox 64, liking it so far- Gyro controls are pretty good but the game seems even a bit easier with it - maybe they dumb it down when you pick 3DS mode.

The slider pad is godly.

Graphics are great, soundtrack is still awesome as well.

Will write more about it when my wrist isn't broken.

legend166

Had to laugh at this on TVTonight. A breakdown of the stories run by Today Tonight and A Current Affair in one week. An asterisks is an 'exclusive'.

Today Tonight said:
MONDAY
An increase in Islamic Sharia Law practiced in Australia
* Profile of 6yo US Pageant Princess Eden Wood
4 children orphaned after death of father struggle with housing situation
* Property hotspots around the country.
Centrelink sting: identity fraud
* Scratchie ticket that doesn’t pay out

TUESDAY
* Customer service at supermarkets: Coles, Woolworths, IGA, Aldi
* Appliances tested for power usage.
* Australia’s Got Talent contestant Jack Vigden has dental surgery
* Custody battle over frozen embyros
* Pizza wars: taste test between rival pizza chains

WEDNESDAY
Supermarkets offer competitions and loyalty programmes / Bread brand comparisons
* Profile of Australia’s Got Talent contestant Chooka Parker
* Asylum seekers in Malaysia still plan to travel to Australia
Home owners lose money through Rent-to-Buy scheme

THURSDAY
*ATM Security risk as hackers attack
* Teen mums.
Judge strips petrol station drive-off driver of license
Online car scams.
* Jack Vigden meets Perez Hilton
* Diet challenge: Neighbours test different diets.

FRIDAY
Scratchie buyers ripped off over printing errors
Billboard campaign for Islam
* Waiting list for public housing grows
* Summer fashion campaigns for Myer
Seniors travelling during retirement

A Current Affair said:
MONDAY:
A Gaga Affair. One on one interview and musical performance.

TUESDAY:
* Car park rage: private car park issuing fines
* Identity theftS
* Honeymoon killer Gabe Watson to be extradited
US fashion and food labels to open in Australia
Chicken price wars
Gaga: behind the scenes montage

WEDNESDAY:
$1M giveaway at Woolworths
* Fallout of a “cougar” romance gone wrong
Bread test
Top Design: behind the scenes
Royal Diets. Has Kate Middleton gone too far?

THURSDAY:
Convicted NZ man has visa cancelled but Australia won’t deport him
Qld flood victims in dispute with tradesman
Potato chips cooked with reduced saturated fat
Germ test. How infected is your home?
Budget skincream test

FRIDAY:
* Bad customer service in retail and restaurants
* Cult group The Family selling real estate and ousting animal lover
* Partygoers question safety at Thailand’s Full Moon Party
Real estate salesmen with entertaining marketing videos
Winter meat suggestions

Choc

Banned
VOOK said:
Oh Choc yeah Starfox 64, liking it so far- Gyro controls are pretty good but the game seems even a bit easier with it - maybe they dumb it down when you pick 3DS mode.

The slider pad is godly.

Graphics are great, soundtrack is still awesome as well.

Will write more about it when my wrist isn't broken.

wat

Rahk

Jintor said:
Recommend me podcasts, asshats! Preferably non-gaming ones, my weekly dose of Bombcast + Endurance Run + the occasional 8-4cast is enough.

Currently listening to The Sound of Young America and My Brother, My Brother and Me.

By the way, if I buy songs off iTunes, can I use them on a non iPod music player... like, say, my phone?
RadioLab and This American Life are great audio documentary style podcasts which are must listens. If you ever listened to A Life Well Wasted you know what to expect.

Since you like MBMBAM and The Sound Of Young America you could try the other podcasts apart of The Maximum Fun group. Recently I've been listening to the Judge John Hodgman podcast, which is pretty hilarious at times. I used to also listen to Jordan, Jesse, Go! which is also pretty good and it's the same Jesse who hosts The Sound Of Young America.

Top Bottom