• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

histopher

Does anyone here use OzGameShop? I (foolishly?) bought Mortal Kombat from them, and it is now past their expected delivery time. They say 4-12 business days on their website and I'm up to day 13 or 14.

Perhaps Customs snagged it? :(

kase23

Hey marshmellow, I just remembered I have a coupon for 30% off at the euro THQ digital store, if you want i can PM it to you and you could grab metro2033 for about €6 euros or $9 AUD

histopher said:
Does anyone here use OzGameShop? I (foolishly?) bought Mortal Kombat from them, and it is now past their expected delivery time. They say 4-12 business days on their website and I'm up to day 13 or 14.

My copy of shogun 2 took three weeks and half to get here, my mate brought Golden Eye Wii and it only took him six days to arrive, I wouldnt sweat over it just yet.

Gazunta

Oh man, I always did want a Dryzabone coat.

Commanderdeek: I'll take scarf talk over USB3.0 ESATA RAM HDD FIRMWARE any God damn day of the week.

histopher said:

I've bought a heap of games off them. Generally it's 7 or 8 days for most games, although I had it take 14 or 15 days for a pre-order once (around the time of the ash cloud problems in Europe). Those times are to Sydney, there might be an extra day or two to other parts of Australia.

Dead Man

histopher said:

I use them a lot, but they are slow. I've had a few packages take 2-3 weeks, email them about it, they were pretty good when I had a concern.

Edit: see you already did that. Never mind then.

histopher said:

I buy from them semi-regularly, and a fortnight or so doesn't sound too far out (never looked at what their site actually says re: delivery times). I'd wait a few more days before getting concerned.

Fogz

I like to get my money's worth out of a haircut. I grow it out over about a year and then get it cut all off. The hairdressers must hate me and then when I get up I nearly slip over due to the sheer volume of hair on the floor :p

Also the missus hates it when I get all my blonde curls cut off.

histopher said:

Plenty here use OzGameShop and none have had any major problems except slow deliveries. It's par for the course. An eight day delivery is good, but three weeks not uncommon.

Others have bought the same game from them and had it arrive.

elektrixx

Banned
histopher said:

I had my first bad experience with OzGameShop recently.

My copy of Child Of Eden had a cracked case. I brought it up with them and got a reply saying a replacement case was being sent out.

Two weeks later I got a case in the mail for an original Xbox game. Don't they get it?

Pikelet

legend166 said:
I pay $16 for my short back and sides every couple of months.

I get it done in this awesome old school barbershop in Chatswood. All the guys are old Italians and whenever I go in they're all talking about the soccer and stuff.

Heard some, um, provocative comments about the Chatswood locals, though. Those who know Chatswood should gather my meaning ._.
Haha this is pretty much my exact routine, except I am in Melbourne and the Barbershop guys are Greek.

Kirby102

FashionGAF all up in this bitch. lol

First "real" day of work today, at MLC. Sat around and did nothing. Though I did waste some time on the LotusNotes chat thing :p

Plus, goddam was it cold. (STILL IS D: )

Deeku

Gazunta said:
Commanderdeek: I'll take scarf talk over USB3.0 ESATA RAM HDD FIRMWARE any God damn day of the week.
Haha yeah, the fucks a usb anyway?

Jambo: if you were in sydney, I'd probably tell you go to Zara and get something that's cool and won't break the budget. But since you're in adelaide, you should go with the farm coat:p

legend166

Kirby102 said:
FashionGAF all up in this bitch. lol

First "real" day of work today, at MLC. Sat around and did nothing. Though I did waste some time on the LotusNotes chat thing :p

Plus, goddam was it cold. (STILL IS D: )

How was day 1 at St Leonards?

Did you meet my friend the intern rep?

histopher said:

i dont understand them, you get cases of people getting the same game. it ships the same day and they can be next door neighbours yet there will be a month between deliveries. but yeah, mine usually take a month to get here.

Kirby102

legend166 said:
How was day 1 at St Leonards?

Did you meet my friend the intern rep?
The orientation/induction day was good. Lots of info was said about the company and interns' experiences and such. Good fun.

Was this said friend male or female...?

Salazar

Watching I Saw the Devil.

I understand that I am
supposed to start questioning my sympathy for the lead as he wreaks more and more sickening vengeance, "becoming the monster" in the blurb's phrasing
, but this just isn't happening.

legend166

Kirby102 said:
The orientation/induction day was good. Lots of info was said about the company and interns' experiences and such. Good fun.

Was this said friend male or female...?

Asian male.

In other news, copying files between HDDs is time consuming. 280GB of Steam games took a looooong time.

Jintor

I wish I could come up with poses from memory

drawing from references is getting increasibly easy but anything from my own actual brain is haaaaaaaaard

legend166

What is teracopy?

Why didn't you tell me about it before I came on here ready to say "I've just finished copying everything over finally!"

So can anyone help me out with this Basically I'm looking for a new external HDD and not sure whether I should get a pre-made eSATA drive and enclosure or buy my own drive and enclosure. Where would I buy them online?

Megadrive said:
You using Teracopy?

this sounds amazing! how much faster is it?

Choc

Banned
Only websites in AU not live streaming the UK inquiry today into the hacking? murdoch ones

hang your head in shame John Hartigan, hang your head in shame.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
roosters93 said:
So can anyone help me out with this Basically I'm looking for a new external HDD and not sure whether I should get a pre-made eSATA drive and enclosure or buy my own drive and enclosure. Where would I buy them online?

this sounds amazing! how much faster is it?

You want a permanent external hdd or just one you can access from time to time?

There really isn't much of a difference i guess between buying a pre-made or going your own. Your own would offer some more flexibility and options, It could be a few bucks cheaper as well.

If you intend to use multiple drives and only want to access data from time to time then just grab a docking station.

Ydahs

Choc said:
Only websites in AU not live streaming the UK inquiry today into the hacking? murdoch ones

hang your head in shame John Hartigan, hang your head in shame.
When is this on? I'm bored out of my brains atm and have nothing to do before 12

histopher

Thanks for all the replies about my OzGameShop question. Very helpful community we got here :)

Anyone still watching MasterChef? I'm hoping Dani can win this.

evlcookie said:
You want a permanent external hdd or just one you can access from time to time?

There really isn't much of a difference i guess between buying a pre-made or going your own. Your own would offer some more flexibility and options, It could be a few bucks cheaper as well.

If you intend to use multiple drives and only want to access data from time to time then just grab a docking station.

yeah i'd like just one permanent external hdd. I was just curious if it would be much cheaper to buy my own hard drive and enclosure/dock, and if it was where to buy them from online.

Gazunta

Jintor said:
I wish I could come up with poses from memory

drawing from references is getting increasibly easy but anything from my own actual brain is haaaaaaaaard
Practice, practice, practice. Do life drawing as much as possible. If you're on the train every day, draw people on the train. Draw people at work or around the office during your lunch break. Eventually you'll pick up on patterns or key expressions of faces, or particular extensions of arms, a walk pose etc that work well as a single image that you can pull out from memory, modify or combine when needed.

Which reminds me, I have life drawing class today, good thing I got today's comic out this morning on time :/ It's good to do and it's awfully nice of work to put it on but after an hour I get so bored :/

Salazar

Stackboy said:
Hey Ausgaf, I know we moved on from this topic, but I got a $20 barber haircut yesterday.

Am I cool now?

Pretty much.

I got a $40 cut from some giggling bimbo who wouldn't shut up and tried to sell me heaps of products. It was fucked up.

Hence my resolution to give barbers my custom.

giri

Salazar said:
Pretty much.

I got a $40 cut from some giggling bimbo who wouldn't shut up and tried to sell me heaps of products. It was fucked up.

Hence my resolution to give barbers my custom.
Did she atleast give you a complimentrary boob rub all over your head?

Choc

Banned
apple records 25 billion revenue in a quarter, down a bit from last quarter and analysts are asking why they didnt make so much

since when is 25 billion not enough? fuck me this world is crazy.

edit: apple should buy greece :p

and rename it appleland

giri

Choc said:
apple records 25 billion revenue in a quarter, down a bit from last quarter and analysts are asking why they didnt make so much

and rename it appleland
25 income, 7.something profit.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Stackboy said:
Hey Ausgaf, I know we moved on from this topic, but I got a $20 barber haircut yesterday.

Am I cool now?
there's a place i go to in the valley for $10 cuts. no fuss, walk in, get the cut done in 5-10 minutes, pay $10, on your way.

Omikron

Choc said:

and rename it appleland

Constant growth is a requirement in this day and age.

I hate it.

Meanwhile, today marks 1 year exactly since my son was 'conceived'. Champagne anyone? :p

Top Bottom