• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Hppy b day Kritz. 22 is a good age. I had a good time that year anyway.

This whole 'getting a better job and moving back closer to my friends in the city' is more trouble than it's worth. I have to cancel all this crap and break my lease. Then find a new place. Shoot me now.

I use the Firefox/IE double. Firefox for me, IE for other people. Even people going to check face Chrome. Apparently it doesn't affect my use of plus, even though it means Google can find out even more about my searching habits.

giri

Shaneus said:
Shit night's sleep, woke up with the world's biggest headcold today. Fucking hell.
Could be worse, you could've had a headcold's night sleep and woken up with the world biggest shit.

elektrixx

Banned
Kritz said:
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

sigh, 22

alll downhill from here.

http://youtu.be/pZQAqOZ8-xQ

hamchan

Well I'm quite happy I haven't bought MvC3 yet. Hasn't even been a year yet and Capcom starts with the ultimate milking. Vergil and Phoenix Wright are great additions though.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Happy birthday kritz!

It doesn't surprise me about UMvsC3, Some guys I know love to call capcom scamcom, Since they seem to be doing just that.

I'm guessing we will see ultimate arcade super street fighter rainbow 4 next year with even more broken shit and a full price.

Oh i forgot to bitch about the people working next door. They have started construction of the hotel, well they are doing the ground work. It's an earthquake every 20 seconds here. Things are just going mad, these should be fun fun fu nfu nfu nfun funfun times.

Omikron

Fredescu said:
It is funny that some people think climate and weather are the same thing, yes.

Hehe.

Also, how good is the Tour de France this year?? Every stage in the last week at least has been super exciting, it is just a pity my stamina for staying awake is sorely lacking.

Gazunta

Happy Birthday Kritz. 22 treated me right. I played a lot of video games, drew comics nobody read and listened to '90s music. Man, feels just like yesterday!

Clive - ha! Classic. Dunno why people are doubting his story though, they expect you to put up with something for years before you can legitimately complain about it?

I think I'll treat myself to Bastion tonight. I have no idea what it's like but I hear very good things. I mean how bad can a game designed by an ex-GameSpot writer be?
Don't answer that

legend166

Surprised they went flash storage only.

I mean, flash storage is great, but it doesn't have the capacity yet to be the only storage in a machine.

Unless Apple are doing it deliberately so they can push their cloud storage service. Which is probably what is happening.

Man, trying to set up a fake Facebook account is harder than I would've thought. Or at least finding a disposable email address that works to verify it is...

Oh hey, happy b'day Kritz. I'd draw a crappy picture to celebrate, but I'd never finish it.

legend166

Can anyone recommend a good set of in-ear earbuds? I'll probably import from the UK or something since they'll be so much cheaper, but if I can get them here that would be even better.

Choc

Banned
Omi said:
You just seem quite obsessed with their product releases, I figure you would fit right into their 'culture' :p

trying to make convo

at least it wasnt

OH MAN APPLE WHAT THE FUCK NO MACBOOK?!

Jintor

Happy

demo-medic-kritzkrieg.png

Day!

I downloaded a heap of podcasts with iTunes only to discover that they're all mislabelled. GOOD GOING, iTUNES. Although I dunno who to blame for that one, the hosts or iTunes. Their stuff on their site is all labelled correctly though, so I dunno.

Omikron

Choc said:
trying to make convo

at least it wasnt

OH MAN APPLE WHAT THE FUCK NO MACBOOK?!

Isn't that kinda the point? :p Meh anyway, I am not an Apple guy in the slightest. They pretend to be 'pro-consumer', but really they just push their ultimately huge money making agenda. See them removing things like DVD drives (and now looking like USB ports), but offering $45+ cables / accessories to assist you still using your 'outdated' tech.

Also, onto politics.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbott-falters-with-second-carbon-gaffe-20110720-1howy.html

Mr Abbott was accused by the government of deliberately misleading people when he told a radio station that although he supported reducing carbon dioxide emissions, ''I've never been in favour of a carbon tax or an emissions trading scheme''.

October, 2009, Mr Abbott said: ''We don't want to play games with the planet so we are taking this issue seriously and we would like to see an ETS.''

:)

When is a lie not a lie but a change of mind?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Choc said:
you got the new airs yet cookie?

Na, Probably won't turn up until tomorrow I would think. Apple stores are bound to have them on the shelves right now, everyone else gets to wait a day or two.

Jintor said:
I downloaded a heap of podcasts with iTunes only to discover that they're all mislabelled. GOOD GOING, iTUNES. Although I dunno who to blame for that one, the hosts or iTunes. Their stuff on their site is all labelled correctly though, so I dunno.

God I hate iTunes. And I've never even used it for downloading things. When I had an ipod, i think it was a mini, it was ages ago, I swore to never get one again because of how much iTunes shat me. It just continuously tried to take control of everything in my computer. Honestly, my residual bitterness from that is one of the main reasons (along with a lack of money) I haven't bought an iPad yet.

Consequently I've gone through a bunch of non Apple mp3 players. The Creative was pretty average, but the Sony is fairly pimp.

Choc

Banned
at the risk of being called a fanboi by omi

apple has also changed pricing on a lot of hardware overnight in AUD, just like they did itunes

ipad 2 didnt change heh

Omi said:
Isn't that kinda the point? :p Meh anyway, I am not an Apple guy in the slightest. They pretend to be 'pro-consumer', but really they just push their ultimately huge money making agenda. See them removing things like DVD drives (and now looking like USB ports), but offering $45+ cables / accessories to assist you still using your 'outdated' tech.

Also, onto politics.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/abbott-falters-with-second-carbon-gaffe-20110720-1howy.html

:)

When is a lie not a lie but a change of mind?

Scandal! Tonliar? Fibbott? Damn that's harder than it looks

Choc said:
at the risk of being called a fanboi by omi

apple has also changed pricing on a lot of hardware overnight in AUD, just like they did itunes

ipad 2 didnt change heh

Yeah its a good thing.

Kinda disappointing that 4gb is the max available for ram on the airs though.

Deeku

legend166 said:
Can anyone recommend a good set of in-ear earbuds? I'll probably import from the UK or something since they'll be so much cheaper, but if I can get them here that would be even better.
Shure iems are pretty good. You should checkout the SE215 and go up from there depending on your budget and what you need.

legend166

jambo said:
Skullcandy?

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Here's a great site, Aussies get 10% off when they use the coupon code "Australia"

http://www.earphonesolutions.com/best-ear-buds-31-50.html

I know Skullcandy sucks, but everything I read said they were basically the only good headphone Skullcandy put out, so I figured why not, haha.

Anyway I found the Sennheisers on mymemory.co.uk for 20 pounds, so I'll get them from there.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I think I was preferring Game of Thrones more when everyone was all secretive and cold-war-y. All at once, three things happened.

1. The villains twirled their figurative mustaches and acted EVIL
2. War began
3. Supernatural beings were (properly) introduced

I was enjoying it more when it was a bit more political. It's slowly heading toward medieval-fantasy clichesville.

I'm only about three quarters of the way through the first book, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

Kritz

Banned
Rez said:
I think I was preferring Game of Thrones more when everyone was all secretive and cold-war-y. All at once, three things happened.

1. The villains twirled their figurative mustaches and acted EVIL
2. War began
3. Supernatural beings were (properly) introduced

I was enjoying it more when it was a bit more political. It's slowly heading toward medieval-fantasy clichesville.

I'm only about three quarters of the way through the first book, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.
I'm a bit into Claah of kings at the moment, and I'll just say it's still doing the things that I loved in Thrones, but every so often has a weird "this is still high fantasy" mLmoment that I don't super care for.

I always thought Kritzmas was a clever name for my birthday... Maybe not.

Edit: iOS posts yeeeey :(

Danoss

codswallop said:
Wax is created, even in clean ears, to push things that are inside the ear canal (IEMs, for example) out. Thus, wearing IEMs encourages creation of wax.
Then my ears must be super special as I don't get wax chunks on mine. Obviously there is a thing layer of it as that's unavoidable.

Wipe after each use and that's it.

giri

Kritz said:
I'm a bit into Claah of kings at the moment, and I'll just say it's still doing the things that I loved in Thrones, but every so often has a weird "this is still high fantasy" mLmoment that I don't super care for.

I always thought Kritzmas was a clever name for my birthday... Maybe not.

Edit: iOS posts yeeeey :(
Kritzmas? Lol, that's brilliant.

Merry KMAS!

Deeku

codswallop said:
What do you guys who regularly use IEMs do about wax build-up?
The IEMs I've bought usually come with a little stick and prong thing that you use to dig out the wax from the tube. But usually my wax only builds up in the foam part of the IEM, rather than inside the IEM tube itself if that makes any sense.

Keeping your ears clean also helps though;p

Top Bottom