• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

jambo

codswallop said:
What do you guys who regularly use IEMs do about wax build-up?

You can take the rubber parts of my IEMs off, so I just put some water on them and wipe them down every few days.

Yes yes, keep your ears clean; I'm dirty, blah blah blah.

Last time I used a set of IEMs, my ears were clean, I was mowing the lawn, it was hot, and there was lots of new wax by the end. I tried to clean them but they were cheapish Philips noise-canceling ones and the mesh thing wasn't detachable. I loved the IEMs but would need to be able to clean them.

jambo, deek, which ones do you guys have?

Jintor

Rez said:
I think I was preferring Game of Thrones more when everyone was all secretive and cold-war-y. All at once, three things happened.

1. The villains twirled their figurative mustaches and acted EVIL
2. War began
3. Supernatural beings were (properly) introduced

I was enjoying it more when it was a bit more political. It's slowly heading toward medieval-fantasy clichesville.

I'm only about three quarters of the way through the first book, so it'll be interesting to see where he goes from here.

hahahahahahaha

Don't worry, you're never going to get any fucking elves around

I'm nearly done with Dance of Dragons and I'm not feeling it as well as I did Storm of Swords, but that's because Storm of Swords was effing brilliant and DoD is merely pretty damn good

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, shit happens so quickly in this book, I'm not actually worried about it getting mundane, it's just the past hundred pages have been a tad more routine. I flew through the second third of the book in a day, which is weird, because I'm usually a slow reader, so when I realised I was reading a chapter at a time instead of tearing through a handful in one sitting, my knee-jerk reaction is "oh -- oh no".

Kerrby

Banned
JaseC said:
So, Green was outclassed. Tarver was right on the money when he said Green would fight one-dimensionally. However, what stuck with me was that one bloke who tied with an Aussie in one of the pre-fights. When interviewed after the fact, he said, "Well, I'm in Australia, aren't I". What a twit. Fuck off and never come back.

Green got his arse handed to him and it was a great sight to see.

jambo

codswallop said:
Thanks. They're a lot cheaper than I would've expected. Do you get much noise from the cables moving about? That's about the biggest annoyance I have.

I have the cables under my shirt, or inside my jacket going in to a pocket so they never really move.

Deeku

codswallop said:
jambo, deek, which ones do you guys have?
I have pairs of Shure SCL5 and SE530. They're on the relatively high end side of the iem market but Shure makes cheaper models (like the newer SE215) that are just as good for everyday listening.

Also, after watching the first episode of Game of Thrones, I realised I've been pronouncing Arya wrong in my head lol.

Thanks deek. The SCL5/SE530 are probably more than I want to spend considering I don't listen to music using phones all that regularly.

The SD215 though look about the right pricepoint, so I'll check them out along with jambo's recommendation.

legend166

commanderdeek said:
I have pairs of Shure SCL5 and SE530. They're on the relatively high end side of the iem market but Shure makes cheaper models (like the newer SE215) that are just as good for everyday listening.

Also, after watching the first episode of Game of Thrones, I realised I've been pronouncing Arya wrong in my head lol.

I'm completely afraid to watch it for this very reason. I know I'm probably pronouncing everything completely incorrectly in my head, but I don't want to change.

- Are-ya

- Tar-jar-yen

- Dan-air-rees

- Bah-rath-e-on

Is any of that right?

Nemesis_

Would anyone be interested in purchasing promo copies of Virtua Tennis 4, Top Spin 4 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3? I've got some games that I'm really no longer playing and need some quick cash.

=)

senahorse

Kritz said:
PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

sigh, 22

alll downhill from here.

Happy Birthday chump.

when I was 22 you would have been in grade 4 :(

legend166

Nemesis556 said:
Would anyone be interested in purchasing promo copies of Virtua Tennis 4, Top Spin 4 or Marvel vs. Capcom 3? I've got some games that I'm really no longer playing and need some quick cash.

=)

Selling promo copies doesn't seem right.

Nemesis556 said:

=)

What system?

jambo

Fucks sake!

I've been trying to order my new PC stuff on PC Case Gear but the Verified by Visa part was fucking up and then it locked down my card.

I called my credit union and it turns out that the information on my card that I was entering was incorrect. My card says first name, initial, last name, whereas it's now Mr initial initial last name. They never sent me a new card or mentioned it the last 3 times I went in to the branch and handed my card over to be scanned. Nice one.

Have to wait until around 2 this arvo for the Verified by Visa to be unlocked and the I'm ordering. I'm using express shipping so fingers and toes crossed it arrives on Friday.

Fusebox said:
How much are you looking to spend?
I probably couldn't justify much more than a hundred bucks given the amount I'd actually use them. Also I tend to break (cheap) earphones pretty quickly.

The Shure SE215s seem to be about $100USD at Earphone Solutions and I found a 15% off coupon, meaning they could be landed next week for about $115USD.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Fuck today is shit.

- Slept terribly. Woke up randomly at 1am, back to sleep, then up and unable to sleep at 5am.

- Work is terrible because the company is being overhauled, and a woman who was essentially forced out because she was causing trouble is back to run the place.

- Mind called and asked me to donate more money, and responded rather rudely when I explained I couldn't.

- My LOTR BluRay from Amazon still hasn't arrived and I WANT IT.

- Samsung keep trying to argue my TV is out of warranty, when I know I bought it before the warranty went from three years to one. Its stuffed and needs to be repaired, and Im not paying for it.

- I have to BBQ fish tonight and its raining.

Fredescu

Not for a while. The rumours are usually either Q4 2011 or Q1 2012. There will probably be some small revisions between now and then though I guess.

legend166

I can't even imagine how I'd fit a second GPU into my machine (if I even had a second PCI-Express slot). The one 6970 takes up so much space as it is.

jambo

legend166 said:
I can't even imagine how I'd fit a second GPU into my machine (if I even had a second PCI-Express slot). The one 6970 takes up so much space as it is.

Haha yeah, it's going to be fun fitting all the cables and shit in. I'm thinking of taking out some of my HDDs that have shit I don't use on them to cut down on cables and what not.

Rahk

codswallop said:
I probably couldn't justify much more than a hundred bucks given the amount I'd actually use them. Also I tend to break (cheap) earphones pretty quickly.

The Shure SE215s seem to be about $100USD at Earphone Solutions and I found a 15% off coupon, meaning they could be landed next week for about $115USD.
I got the SE215s after losing a higher end IEM as I didn't want to spend as much.

Totally recommend them. I got them for about $93 from earphone solutions using a coupon.

Probably one of the best pairs you can get for the price. They have a removable cable so you can buy a replacement if the cable ever breaks. Shure also have cables with iPhone controls you can use with them.

They also have pretty good bass and isn't muffled like Sennheisers tend to be.

Deeku

Rahk said:
I got the SE215s after losing a higher end IEM as I didn't want to spend as much.

Totally recommend them. I got them for about $93 from earphone solutions using a coupon.

Probably one of the best pairs you can get for the price. They have a removable cable so you can buy a replacement if the cable ever breaks. Shure also have cables with iPhone controls you can use with them.

They also have pretty good bass and isn't muffled like Sennheisers tend to be.
Yeah, they are amazing for the price. I always recommend them over the high end ones because there's really no difference if you're just using them for the ipod or something. I only have the high end models because I used to work at a recording studio that had some equipment deal with Shure. Basically I got one pair free and the other heavily discounted which was awesome.

Add to that, Shure has a great warranty where if they break within the 2 year warranty, they replace it with a new pair.

Also posts #12929-32 made my day:D

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It's a sad day when local industry guys have nothing to do then try and troll me on Twitter.

It's like they don't do any work or anything ;)

legend166

jambo said:
Haha yeah, it's going to be fun fitting all the cables and shit in. I'm thinking of taking out some of my HDDs that have shit I don't use on them to cut down on cables and what not.

The cable management in my box is absolutely woeful. Had to move the SSD cage so I could fit all the power cords in :(

legend166

VOOK said:
It's a sad day when local industry guys have nothing to do then try and troll me on Twitter.

It's like they don't do any work or anything ;)

What are they saying?

We need to set up a show down, West Side Story style.

Top Bottom