• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

Thanks rahk, and deek. Reckon I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the SE215s at Earphone Solutions (ironically, I had a set of SE315s still sitting in the shopping cart from when I was browsing a few months ago and decided against it).

Anyone know what their shipping times are like?

And the mind/matter posts? Brilliant.

Jintor

VOOK said:
It's a sad day when local industry guys have nothing to do then try and troll me on Twitter.

It's like they don't do any work or anything ;)

Just tell him how quickly he got smashed in PCPP's Frozen Synapse tournie

Rahk

codswallop said:
Thanks rahk, and deek. Reckon I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on the SE215s at Earphone Solutions (ironically, I had a set of SE315s still sitting in the shopping cart from when I was browsing a few months ago and decided against it).

Anyone know what their shipping times are like?

And the mind/matter posts? Brilliant.
You should get it within 2 weeks, if not the week after you order for standard shipping. I presume FedEx will get it to you in a couple business days, but I've only used standard from there.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm surprised all I had for lunch was a Apple and a few strawberries. I'm still alive and not all that hungry. I guess i did eat way too much last night.

STILL NO FUCKING BOOK. RAAAAGGGGGEEEE

New TF2 solder weapons look OP and insane as fuck. I hope valve don't ruin the title with just insane random weapons of bullshit. Hats and standard wacky weapons were good enough, Throwing in alien weapons is getting a little too much.

rass

hmm. I face the prospect of unemployment in about 10 days time, having worked non stop for the past 11 years. I am nervous.

anyone have any advice on how to find a part time job quickly?

jambo

legend166 said:
The cable management in my box is absolutely woeful. Had to move the SSD cage so I could fit all the power cords in :(

My cable management is currently more akin to cable mismanagement.

Also my order has already shipped, fuck I love shopping on the Internet.

Gazunta

Mass Effect?

More like Mass Defect 7/10 LOL

comics_brendan.gif

Omikron

Salazar said:
Mass Effect 2 blows.

Looks like I'll be going back to Shogun and Left 4 Dead 2 when Portal 2 is done.

Man, I wish I had time to sit down and play a whole campaign of L4D2 through... :( I miss it.

Clipper

roosters93 said:
So Apple hasn't continued the trend of reducing the gap between Aus and US prices it seems.

http://technologyspectator.com.au/industry/it/apple-unveils-new-products-complete-aussie-tech-tax
That article is a little skewed. They are comparing the new prices to the AppStore prices and saying they're not as good. However, the markup seems less than the usual Apple markup of everything but the new AppStore pricing, so this is actually continuing the trend, it's just not as apparent as with the AppStore.

For example, they compare $US999 to $AU1099. Direct conversion and GST would bring the US price to $1022.70. That's only $77.30 of markup to do shipping and make it an actual price (what else could they sell for? $1049 would be the only other option and it still looks too weird to be a real price.

The other comparison is $1599 to $1799 is more off, with the equivalent US price with GST being $1637, so there is $162 of markup, but that seems very fair compared to other tech prices from other manufacturers. I'm pretty sure their old margins were much more than this too.

Edit: Just to add a little bit of perspective too... If Nintendo were selling a piece of kit at US$1599, it would be an SRP of somewhere between $2199-$2399 in Australia according to their current hardware pricing.

Choc

Banned
that article also fails to mention apple dropped the price of their macbook pros for australians last night as well

still has apple tax sure, but no where near as bad as it has been

also people shuttle returns tonight, dont forget

Fredescu

codswallop said:
Have him playing Diablo 2 or Counter Strike or something.

This lack of humour is why I don't write comics
I was going to say Baldur's Gate in the way that like every RPG since isn't good enough, but the same demographic thinks console graphics are so bad. Yours are better though.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Kritz said:
http://kritz.net/personal/badcomic2.png[IMG]

I couldn't think of a good way to end it.[/quote]why would you make a comic without having a punchline in mind first?

[QUOTE=Kritz]edit: ... that was bigger than I expected[/QUOTE]
that's what she said!

Kritz

Banned
Scrow said:
why would you make a comic without having a punchline in mind first?

that's what she said!
Want a plot twist? I can do that. Want a punchline? ... Uh.

Sorry, forgot where I was going with that.

Jintor

That reminds me, did you know that magazines get early access to Deus Ex Human Revolution review code due to their run-up time?

*walks away whistling*

I'd get Next in serious trouble if I passed on any details though

Pulled the trigger on a pair of Shure SE215s for $USD99.99 ($93) delivered. Sounds like they're just what I'm after, and the replaceable cables seems like it'll work for me when I inevitably destroy them.

Thanks deek, Jambo and rahk for the assistance.

Jintor said:
Surely you can tell us if, in your time with it, you thought it was good or bad?

Gazunta

Yeah well I spent all day playing Happy Feet 2 before anyone else. So beat that.

So, anyone know any Inspector Gadget fan sites I can advertise on this week?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jintor said:
That reminds me, did you know that magazines get early access to Deus Ex Human Revolution review code due to their run-up time?

*walks away whistling*

Magazines always get goddamn priority.

Cunts.

Dead Man

rass said:
hmm. I face the prospect of unemployment in about 10 days time, having worked non stop for the past 11 years. I am nervous.

anyone have any advice on how to find a part time job quickly?
Make a good single page resume. Make a good, generic, halfpage cover letter. Upload them to Seek. Hit 'Apply' to every job that comes up. Doesn't matter what their requirements are, it is so easy to apply just spam the shit out of that 'Apply' button.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I seem to now be on google+ as evl cookie. Some guy, I don't know, Seems to have invited me as of 11 days ago.

Exciting.

Rahk

Dead Man said:
Make a good single page resume. Make a good, generic, halfpage cover letter. Upload them to Seek. Hit 'Apply' to every job that comes up. Doesn't matter what their requirements are, it is so easy to apply just spam the shit out of that 'Apply' button.
Do this, but for the better jobs put a little bit more effort and tailor the cover letter and resume to the position and address any criteria that you meet in the job ad if specified.

Dead Man

Rahk said:
Do this, but for the better jobs put a little bit more effort and tailor the cover letter and resume to the position and address any criteria that you meet in the job ad if specified.
Well, yeah, obviously more effort for jobs you really want.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I recently ordered two books from The Book Depository (thanks again to whoever mentioned them to me, although they're sending me broke :p), both of which were shipped out on the same day. I expected them to arrive this past Monday, and while one did the other did not and as of today it still isn't here. I suspect the book was lost in transit.

How are TBD to deal with when something like this occurs?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It might not be lost in transit, Could just be taking forever to turn up. I'm still waiting for my game of thrones book 2 and it's been over 2 weeks, hopefully it turns up soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
evlcookie said:
It might not be lost in transit, Could just be taking forever to turn up. I'm still waiting for my game of thrones book 2 and it's been over 2 weeks, hopefully it turns up soon.

Yeah, that's possible. I'll wait until next Monday before contacting them. It's just worrying since I've ordered about a dozen books now and this is the first time there's been any sort of delay.

Top Bottom