• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

rass

goddammit jintor, I quoted your post to see if the image wasn't loading.

hmm, good idea on the seek spam.
I have a 1 page resume already, but it's kind of tailored for design work, and I need uni pleb part time work. I'm applying for centrelink next wednesday haha... ha... :'(

Rezbit

Sorta in the same boat, rass :/

Also, there's some great scenery, but damn the Tour de France is boring to watch. It's like, test match/Tour....hnnnnn

Madrical

Banned
Hands are still shaking from playing SC2 online. Damn that game.

Anyone had any experience with Silverstone PC cases? Both PCCG and PLE Computers don't stock them so I'm not sure if I should be overly confident in buying one.. something like this looks like it'd be great for modding though. Sigh! Decisions decisions..

Deeku

Ok, so I'm watching GoT episode two and Arya is pronounced in two different ways. Everyone seems to call her "Are-ya" while Sansa calls her "Arry-a", which is how I pronounced it in my head when reading the book:/

Don't know if I'll watch more because I'm not really feeling it. The books and my imagination are much better.

Dudes. I need to contact a bunch of indie devs, who are the most easily contactable (similar to Team Meat with twatter) and who are the nicest (would really like to talk to the FEZ guy)? I need to ask them about indie middleware and technologies they used and any tips for a quick turnaround, 7 man project.

Thanks you.

Also anyone who owns the Episodes for GTA4 on Steam, whenever I do the last Bulgarin mission (sniping dudes, door getting locked) and I run to the marker on the top of the stairwell, the game plays the GTA4 mission completed sound and then seemingly, according to the game, I am neither in a mission nor am I not. I'm just roaming with nothing on my maps. Is this a known bug with a known fix?

Aon

Megadrive said:
Dudes. I need to contact a bunch of indie devs, who are the most easily contactable (similar to Team Meat with twatter) and who are the nicest (would really like to talk to the FEZ guy)? I need to ask them about indie middleware and technologies they used and any tips for a quick turnaround, 7 man project.

Thanks you.

Although it would be handy if anyone in Ausgaf had an inside line, my two years of journalism have taught me to just pick up the phone or email client or twitter and start asking. If you'd like to talk to the Fez guy then just go for it xD

I would recommend however, going along to one of the monthly(?) IGDA open mic nights in the city center. After every speaking session there's essentially just 40+ devs and enthusiasts gathered in a bar, so that's really a pretty awesome chance to ask around.

http://igdamelbourne.org/

Although a quick glance reveals no plans for the August meetup, so maybe that's been sidelined so people can organise Freeplay next month which is probably too far in the future to help.

LONG POST WITH NO POINT! But don't be afraid to just harass anyone via email/twitter. People are often really flattered.

Rahk

JaseC said:
Bah, I recently ordered two books from The Book Depository (thanks again to whoever mentioned them to me, although they're sending me broke :p), both of which were shipped out on the same day. I expected them to arrive this past Monday, and while one did the other did not and as of today it still isn't here. I suspect the book was lost in transit.

How are TBD to deal with when something like this occurs?
Yeah, sometimes books arrive later than others even in the same order. The first order I made I presumed they ship them in the same package so I sent them an email and they said to wait X amount of days and email them again and they'd ship another, but it had arrived by then.

legend166

Anyone see the NBN pricing released by Internode?

I think I'll stick with my ADSL2+ for the time being.

nbnpricingmain-420x0.jpg

I thought the whole point of government owned services was to make things cheaper because we're already subsidising it with taxes.

legend166 said:

nbnpricingmain-420x0.jpg

I thought the whole point of government owned services was to make things cheaper because we're already subsidising it with taxes.

iinet have had this up for a while now legend

Yea seems like a joke, i mean, i only get 700kb/s where i am now, so if going on NBN didn't drastically improve my speeds, wtf is the point.

Satchel

Banned
Quick question guys, has anyone successfully imported Mortal Kombat? On either platform?

I'm most likely going to get the PS3 version for Kratos and the fact that I have a US account as well for the other extra content.

But I CAN get the 360 version a good $15 cheaper, so I'm still tossing up, but if it won't get through customs, there's no point.

Earphone Solutions said:
Unfortunately we cannot ship Shure products outside North America.

We can still process your order if we can ship it to an address in the US, perhaps a friend or a relative.

We can also ship Westone earphones to your country and we strongly recommend you the UM1 made in USA.
:(

Best local price for the SE215s I can find is about $125.

legend166 said:
I pay $99.95 for 1TB 20Mb and unlimited land line with Optus. If I wanted 100Mb then I'd add another $15 a month.

Hell of a lot cheaper for virtually the same thing.

jambo

I'm sure NBN prices will come down in time.

Also holy crap, put my order in to PC Case Gear yesterday arvo at 2pm with express shipping and it's already on the courier this morning to be delivered!

Stackboy

Satchel said:
Quick question guys, has anyone successfully imported Mortal Kombat? On either platform?

I'm most likely going to get the PS3 version for Kratos and the fact that I have a US account as well for the other extra content.

But I CAN get the 360 version a good $15 cheaper, so I'm still tossing up, but if it won't get through customs, there's no point.

It should get through fine, I haven't heard of anyone having issues, unless it has HAY GUYZ MORTAL KOMBAT LOL on the box.

Aon said:
Although it would be handy if anyone in Ausgaf had an inside line, my two years of journalism have taught me to just pick up the phone or email client or twitter and start asking. If you'd like to talk to the Fez guy then just go for it xD

I would recommend however, going along to one of the monthly(?) IGDA open mic nights in the city center. After every speaking session there's essentially just 40+ devs and enthusiasts gathered in a bar, so that's really a pretty awesome chance to ask around.

http://igdamelbourne.org/

Although a quick glance reveals no plans for the August meetup, so maybe that's been sidelined so people can organise Freeplay next month which is probably too far in the future to help.

LONG POST WITH NO POINT! But don't be afraid to just harass anyone via email/twitter. People are often really flattered.
Thanks Aon. I appreciate it.

Rahk

codswallop said:
:(

Best local price for the SE215s I can find is about $125.
That's odd. I ordered them from there a couple months ago. I guess Shure are cracking down on it to keep us buying at local prices. :(

It's cool, but I don't know how I'd feel about pushing threepio's buttons. http://instantrimshot.com

Rahk said:
That's odd. I ordered them from there a couple months ago. I guess Shure are cracking down on it to keep us buying at local prices. :(
I figured the same thing. I've looked at a bunch of sites and all of them say US-only for Shure stuff. If you've got the order number maybe I could convince them to send the order anyway. Only US-based person who'd send it on is laid up at the moment.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Currently listening to the mafia 2 OST at work and i've already had 1 person go, what the fuck is this shit!

I guess in some way it beats metal in general consumption, although the metal will be coming out soon.

Rahk

codswallop said:
It's cool, but I don't know how I'd feel about pushing threepio's buttons. http://instantrimshot.com

I figured the same thing. I've looked at a bunch of sites and all of them say US-only for Shure stuff. If you've got the order number maybe I could convince them to send the order anyway. Only US-based person who'd send it on is laid up at the moment.
They probably won't budge, but worth a try I guess.

Gazunta

I actually like the C360.

But you'll have to take my old 360 with Pinata faceplate out of my cold dead hands first.

You know what this current political climate needs? Really good satire on TV. Remember how well the Late Show articulated the foibles of the politicians? We don't really have that any more. Chaser was just a stunt show, 7PM is garbage, what else do we have?

Thank goodness for Clarke and Dawe, but still.

Choc

Banned
not seen this much rain in 1 week in my life i think

200mm in 24 hours and now its absolutely thundering down again

jambo

Gazunta said:
You know what this current political climate needs? Really good satire on TV. Remember how well the Late Show articulated the foibles of the politicians? We don't really have that any more. Chaser was just a stunt show, 7PM is garbage, what else do we have?

Thank goodness for Clarke and Dawe, but still.

Bring back Full Frontal and CNNNN

legend166 said:

nbnpricingmain-420x0.jpg

some of us don't live in major cities so our options are limited, I'd jump on any of those over 30gb setups without a second thought.

rass

rass said:
goddammit jintor, I quoted your post to see if the image wasn't loading.

hmm, good idea on the seek spam.
I have a 1 page resume already, but it's kind of tailored for design work, and I need uni pleb part time work. I'm applying for centrelink next wednesday haha... ha... :'(
nevermind,
boss just asked if I wanted to stay on freelance.

jackpot.

I unplugged my computer this morning, I wonder if I'll stop playing CS for 6 months after I move again…

also, selling my 360 if anybody is in the market, it'll be on ebay after this weekend.

jambo

I'm currently with Internode on a Naked ADSL2+ 600GB plan, paying $129 a month ($116 after 10% discount) and I get about 800 KB/sec

I'd probably take the 300GB Gold or Platinum plan, those 100/40 prices are just a little bit too high.

Kerrby

Banned
legend166 said:

nbnpricingmain-420x0.jpg

Yeah saw that yesterday and didn't think it could be true. How many times has Jewliar said this thing would be affordable. The sooner she and Conway are out the better.

Choc

Banned
i am sick of turning the tv on and every five seconds the carbon tax being talked about, its crazy

like for example. At the moment the Greens is calling for an enquiry into media ownership after whats happened in the UK and is the parliament to close to the media etc

So what does Abbott do, he comes out and says this is an attack on free speech and Gillard only wants them to stop writing bad stuff about the Carbon Tax

Deary fucking me, our country is fucked politically right now.

NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT THE FUCKING CARBON TAX TONY.

tumblr_loo79inKgh1qlrrfzo1_400.png

Omikron

Kerrby said:
Yeah saw that yesterday and didn't think it could be true. How many times has Jewliar said this thing would be affordable. The sooner she and Conway are out the better.

Christ, you might disagree and all that, but do we really need to continue to stoop to the level of debate that has us using terms like 'Juliar' and all its variants.

I am seriously over people doing it, it just makes you look like a cock and makes me ignore your opinion.

Omi said:
Christ, you might disagree and all that, but do we really need to continue to stoop to the level of debate that has us using terms like 'Juliar' and all its variants.

I am seriously over people doing it, it just makes you look like a cock and makes me ignore your opinion.

He's also adding the anti-semetic aspect with Jewliar... :)

Aren't the internode prices including phone line rental or something?

Shaneus

Gazunta said:
But you'll have to take my old 360 with Pinata faceplate out of my cold dead hands first.
Same with my PGR3 one. I was actually surprised because I didn't preorder PGR3 at launch but because I bought it on the same day as the 360 (on a whim) they threw in the faceplate for free. Faux carbon fibre 4 life.

Yagharek

_Alkaline_ said:
Anybody here know where I can find the Wii version of Okami? I must've sold or lost it long ago. Haven't seen it in stores for years.

PM me and when I get home I'll pm you an eBay seller I've had excellent service from. Shaneus can vouch for me.

Shaneus

RandomVince said:
PM me and when I get home I'll pm you an eBay seller I've had excellent service from. Shaneus can vouch for me.
Bahahaha. It'll cost you ;)

I haven't actually bought anything from you, have I?

Top Bottom