• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 3.0 - Double the price, region locked and refused classification

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Clipper said:
On the question of whether a US 3DS can connect to Nintendo Video through unblock-us, the answer would be a NO. I have verified that my 3DS is being seen as from the US by visiting netflix.com through the 3DS browser, yet the Nintendo Video app still tells me that video is not available in my location.

Nintendo is actually beating Netflix at Geo IP here :p. I did not expect that.

Same issues I've had, I can access the netflix website with a DNS or VPN thing going on, but the player on the website wont work.

when running the vpn or dns you cant access the netflix program.

when NOT running the vpn or dns you can't access the netflix website, but you can access the netflix program, you just cant play videos (you can add videos to your queue, read synopsis and such)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Clipper said:
On the question of whether a US 3DS can connect to Nintendo Video through unblock-us, the answer would be a NO. I have verified that my 3DS is being seen as from the US by visiting netflix.com through the 3DS browser, yet the Nintendo Video app still tells me that video is not available in my location.

Nintendo is actually beating Netflix at Geo IP here :p. I did not expect that.

Nintendo are the kings of region locking.

Sutton Dagger said:
It's 3 years for 3 Red rings error. Do you remember when you got it?

Yeah it'd be well into year four by now, close to five now that i think about it. How much is it to get it fixed? Seeing it's out of warranty is it worth having a go at some of the fixes? Last time it died I did the towel thing and it worked, but i sent it in anyway. Figured better safe than sorry.

Kerrby

Banned
Okay here's two versions for AusGAF.

wxJu5.jpg

faE0n.jpg

Omikron

Kerrby said:
Okay here's two versions for AusGAF.

wxJu5.jpg

faE0n.jpg

If I was to do this, I would use a whole globe, invert it to Aus was at the top, outline the continents and stick the gaf logo in the BG.

Just a thought :)

jambo

Piker!

Omi said:
If I was to do this, I would use a whole globe, invert it to Aus was at the top, outline the continents and stick the gaf logo in the BG.

Just a thought :)

Good thing you're not doing it then...

>_>

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Megadrive said:
id hazard it doesnt even need ausgaf on the back. anyone part of gaf will know exactly what it is and we dont need to explain what it is to anyone who happens to ask.

yar, and >_> I'm only being picky because I dont have a mouse or photoshop atm. the outline could be a bit fancier.. like some kind of pen tool, like the brush! :(

wow shirts are looking great :D

Anyone watching QandA? Someone mentioned the entire population of tassie was there. I lol'd. But can of worms is about to start... hm.... what to watch...

elfinke

I'm liking these prototypes guys.

markot said:
Is it worth getting a 3ds >_<? Should I wait for lite?!

I damn near caved and bought one on the weekend. OoT was calling out to me (I have a terrible secret about that game...). Then I read about the screen scratching issue, remembered the region locking and saw it was still $300+ and went cold on the idea.

Will continue to wait for a $100 price drop and a lite version I think.

Kerrby

Banned
markot said:
Is it worth getting a 3ds >_<? Should I wait for lite?!

Wait a bit.

I got one three weeks ago for $298 with Rayman 3D and only just recently bought Zelda 3D.

There's just no games out for it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So Game of Thrones is pretty good.

Jintor

Both clearly, although I had an epic car-based passanger geekout with one of my friends about the TV series and it was all I could do not to mention spoilers from book 2 onwards (although he didn't seem to give a shit about spoiling stuff for the rest of the people in the car, lol)

Anyway, Kerrrby - 'first post winning' yourself in the Dwarf Fortress thread? You have bought shame on AusGAF

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Rez said:
The book or the tv series?

TV series at the moment. I'll get around to the A Song of Fire and Ice series one day, once my literature back catalogue has been expunged.

Kritz

Banned
Omi said:
you watch sunrise? :p

Other people in my house do. That is, my parents.

Man, it makes me so angry when people blame video games for violence. It makes me want to go outside and kill them. With the video games.

Kritz said:
Sunrise: SHOULD VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES BE BANNED?!

I dunno man, that Christian Lobby guy was pretty convincing.

"But what about all the Christian stuff in the killer's manifesto?"
"That doesn't count, no reasonable person believes in it like that."

That they're trying to use this tragedy to push their agenda is reprehensible.

giri

Ydahs said:
Will I be able to transfer my prepaid number once I get a new phone on plan? On Optus btw.
Yeah, you should. Numbers are transferrable. They're no longer "property" of any company, but the person who owns the corresponding phone i believe.

Ydahs

Thanks for the answers.

We are unable to process your order online as we require some further details from you. Please call 1300 308 730 to place your order.

Screw you Optus! What more do they want?

Top Bottom